New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was thinking the mobs that drop those orbs would be in the open world, which would make it look like the open world is thriving again (even if it's just an illusion).

Cue all the os (orb steal) rage with people running around os'ing people. b:laugh
    Apperently, yes. And from the looks of their post, the S+ card gives 680 of each attack at lvl 1. Out of 100. I can only imagine everyone will be a 1-shot soon. Hopefully things won't be as broken as it seems right now.

This would depend on how it scales/refines/lvl's w/e. One shotting is nothing new. This is the same of all end game toons hitting non end game toons. Like half the people I run into in NW. Atm all the QQ threads aside it looks like a stronger version of meridian.

I'm interested to see more details on what they did class wise. Ijs I'd like more p-att b:dirty
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I guess it's just going to be sad seeing R9r3 +12s getting one shot by someone who has really high level (or maxed? S+?) cards.

It's kind of discouraging, in a way, for those who have been working on R9r3 and finally got their hands on a decent gear level that prevents them from being a complete 1-shot. My gear level is far from what is considered maxed endgame but at +8 with Morai shards and a +9 NW necklace I can, at the very least, not be a 1-shot to anything as soon as I step in the battle zone which was what I lived with while I was a +7 G16 Nirvana player. f:sweat

However, this card system is Wanmei's way of introducing "new gear" and it should be treated as such so I try not to think too much about it before I see for myself how hard it is to get a decent set of cards where it allows you to compete up to a point (kinda like the current state of the average +10 R9r3 vs. the maxed R9r3s).

It's either going to be an interesting, entertaining system that allows to improve your character further or a total disaster.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I guess it's just going to be sad seeing R9r3 +12s getting one shot by someone who has really high level (or maxed? S+?) cards.

It's kind of discouraging, in a way, for those who have been working on R9r3 and finally got their hands on a decent gear level that prevents them from being a complete 1-shot. My gear level is far from what is considered maxed endgame but at +8 with Morai shards and a +9 NW necklace I can, at the very least, not be a 1-shot to anything as soon as I step in the battle zone which was what I lived with while I was a +7 G16 Nirvana player. f:sweat

However, this card system is Wanmei's way of introducing "new gear" and it should be treated as such so I try not to think too much about it before I see for myself how hard it is to get a decent set of cards where it allows you to compete up to a point (kinda like the current state of the average +10 R9r3 vs. the maxed R9r3s).

It's either going to be an interesting, entertaining system that allows to improve your character further or a total disaster.

Totally agree with you. We jet have to see how hard will be to get decent set of cards and how they will be available in our version. If that OP cards will be available only in packs (with drop reat like lets say sot) and we wont be able trade or sell then OP people wont have much use of that system since it will depend of luck.
    If they will available by purchase in boutique for even crazy amount of money...well then we can save money and buy it eventually.

But yes I agree that with stats OP cards have we should look at them as R9r4.
  • Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear
    Shaftzsk - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Totally agree with you. We jet have to see how hard will be to get decent set of cards and how they will be available in our version. If that OP cards will be available only in packs (with drop reat like lets say sot) and we wont be able trade or sell then OP people wont have much use of that system since it will depend of luck.
    If they will available by purchase in boutique for even crazy amount of money...well then we can save money and buy it eventually.

But yes I agree that with stats OP cards have we should look at them as R9r4.

That's what I'm afraid. Let's say the Cards are untradable. So, besides the luck that we'll need to get 1 of those S+ Cards, if the packs from each type of cards are not different, we'll also need luck to not get 2x - 3, 4, 5 - of the same card. At least it was what I understand so far.
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's what I'm afraid. Let's say the Cards are untradable. So, besides the luck that we'll need to get 1 of those S+ Cards, if the packs from each type of cards are not different, we'll also need luck to not get 2x - 3, 4, 5 - of the same card. At least it was what I understand so far.

I know but in same time it prevents OP people to easy get OP cards.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    inb4 a bunch of youtube videos of NPCing alexander cards <3

but yeah, i guess it wont be that bad, if you get 2 of a kind. you can still use 1 to massively feed the other one ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    It is confusing and I read the news post multiple times but it will be easy once you understand it. The pet system seemed confusing too, initially as was the Lycaeum daily but now I find both pretty simple.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    idk why it seems that those cards r some kinda yu-gi-oh stuff f:faint

combine 3 blue eyes white dragons and u will get +100 phys/mag attack f:shh
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2013

This is the stupidest thought I've seen on the forums for a long time, and that bar is pretty damn high.

What *is* going to happen, is that the R9s3 +12 mofos that one shot us already will have all the cards to make them stronger, *first* (because they're already on the server 18 hours a day as it is) and the rest of us will get 1-shot just from their AOEs.

Not to mention, those "open world" bosses that drop these cards will be farmed in an *instant* by those overpowered R9s3 +12 toons, and the map will be as devoid of those mobs as they presently are of World Bosses.

\nothing more heart-wrenching than the plaintive cries of the R9s3 +12
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    QQ on epic proportions

nerdrage much?
    What *is* going to happen, is that the R9s3 +12 mofos that one shot us already will have all the cards to make them stronger, *first* (because they're already on the server 18 hours a day as it is) and the rest of us will get 1-shot just from their AOEs.

If you're already getting one shot, getting one shot harder is different how?
    Not to mention, those "open world" bosses that drop these cards will be farmed in an *instant* by those overpowered R9s3 +12 toons, and the map will be as devoid of those mobs as they presently are of World Bosses.

Please indicate where you seeing these "open world" bosses, so far all that I have seen are bosses in instances?

Is this a case of raged-before-read?
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    these cards are OP as ****. difference from a r9rr+12 with endgame cards and r9rr+12 is probably worse than r9rr+12 fighting g16+5

not helping knowning S+ cards are from packs and super rare :p
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    idk why it seems that those cards r some kinda yu-gi-oh stuff f:faint

combine 3 blue eyes white dragons and u will get +100 phys/mag attack f:shh

it would be amazing if you could actually play with them D:
    at least something simple like triple triad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nerdrage Much?

If You're Already Getting One Shot, Getting One Shot Harder Is Different How?

Ikr!!!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is the stupidest thought I've seen on the forums for a long time, and that bar is pretty damn high.

they been saying so far theres only 1 person (out of all servers) that has a full set of S cards and i dont think it was even S+

you guys are crying like babies again and blowing it out of proportion.

Most pple seem to be getting a full A set in a relatively small amount of time (1-3months)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nerdrage much?

Bless Your Heart.
    If you're already getting one shot, getting one shot harder is different how?

So it's "You're not a player, so ST4U". Got it - Check.
    Please indicate where you seeing these "open world" bosses, so far all that I have seen are bosses in instances?

That is a legitimate error. I thought I saw in one of the descriptions in the previous 1200 pages that open world bosses as well as instances would drop these. I apologize to everyone else that may have offended.

Except you.
    Is this a case of raged-before-read?

Thankfully you're here to correct us all.

Or just me.

b:pleased
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Do I win a prize? f:thanks
    What *is* going to happen, is that the R9s3 +12 mofos that one shot us already will have all the cards to make them stronger, *first*

Not quite. I don't know if you've been following the thread but so far it's been said that S+ (S and S+?) cards supposedly come from packs with a low chance. If the card gap is really as big as it's implied then this could very well mean a R9r3 +12 person could be 1-shot to a R9r3 +12 person who has said cards.

I don't if you believe it but there are people who are R9r3 +12 without CSing (also lolorbglitch I guess). CSers will obviously get the S cards first, before the others. This is why I said "it would be sad" even though I don't particularly care about it. It was a way of speech.

It's discouraging for people who just got a decent gear level they can compete thinking they got closer and now they'll suddenly be even further (oh I know it's a natural progression in MMOs). I wasn't talking about myself by the way, in case you thought that. I got my R9r3 months ago, just had no time to further work on it since college started again.

The question is, how said OP cards compare to other sets. What it the level gap. It's all speculation now. Just sharing thoughts. Nobody knows how it's going to turn out.

It's confirmed the bosses are inside instances. We don't know what cards and what drop limit the supposed card-farming instance has. Regarding the orbs to level Nuema Tiers; those are in lower level instances, one drop per boss with a limit of 20 orbs per week one can acquire. Think of it like the limit of 20 EXP jades from Morai pet account per day.
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2013

This is the stupidest post I've seen on the forums for a long time, and that bar is pretty damn high.
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    they been saying so far theres only 1 person (out of all servers) that has a full set of S cards and i dont think it was even S+

you guys are crying like babies again and blowing it out of proportion.

Most pple seem to be getting a full A set in a relatively small amount of time (1-3months)

Though I am curious too about the power gap of those cards. If it takes 3 months to get an A card set that does **** to someone who CS'd then what's exactly the point of farming it? lol I guess I can have an S level set in an year!

Then again, I guess the same could be said about farming R9 gear and just CSing R9 so w/e.
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2013

It's discouraging for people who just got a decent gear level they can compete thinking they got closer and now they'll suddenly be even further (oh I know it's a natural progression in MMOs). I wasn't talking about myself by the way, in case you thought that. I got my R9r3 months ago, just had no time to further work on it since college started again.

Power creep doesn't have to be the natural progression in MMOs... it is one of the reasons for the love/hate relationship that fans of PWI have. The creep isn't necessary, PWE (in our case, other versions in other countries are the same) just made business decisions to sell power for money (they aren't the first nor the last), and this has created one of the worst cases of power creep i have ever seen.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    I was mostly referring to the fact that new gear gets released eventually.

Well, I guess we've had enough negative talk about the cards. Let's talk about something more positive instead, like the potential of customizing your character towards a build you like; more defence or more attack!

Although from the sound of it, would you be able to level up all the nuema tiers making the whole thing pointless in terms of customizing a character? Or did I miss something...such as there's a limit on how many tiers you level = you choose which ones to max?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can we get a 5x EXP event to promote this expansion, and so I can hit lvl 105 quicker? As do others that want to reincarnate at 105 that are not 105 yet.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can we get a 5x EXP event to promote this expansion, and so I can hit lvl 105 quicker? As do others that want to reincarnate at 105 that are not 105 yet.

They should just accidently reactivate goons. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited December 2013
    Though I am curious too about the power gap of those cards. If it takes 3 months to get an A card set that does **** to someone who CS'd then what's exactly the point of farming it? lol I guess I can have an S level set in an year!

Then again, I guess the same could be said about farming R9 gear and just CSing R9 so w/e.
    if you think your going to be on the same terms with someone whos investing money into this game and someone whos freeloading then your stupidity far surpasses that of an S+ level. Of course there is going to be some advantage for your hard worked money.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Hmm -shrugs- o.o

I'm just really curious about the power gap of each tier of cards, how much you can level each tier (I'd guess same limit for all?), how leveled cards compared to non leveled cards, how leveled low tier cards compared to non leveled higher tier cards and the like but I know I'll have to wait for the actual expansion for more information.

It just seems there's room for a lot of experimenting, combining, mix & matching etc. which I find interesting. I just hope it won't turn out buggy f:sweat

Maybe my previous posts gave off gave vibes of QQ but I was just sharing thoughts. I initially disliked the idea of the card system but after the recent news posts I see they put quite some time into designing it.
    edited December 2013
    Hmm -shrugs- o.o

I'm just really curious about the power gap of each tier of cards, how much you can level each tier (I'd guess same limit for all?), how leveled cards compared to non leveled cards, how leveled low tier cards compared to non leveled higher tier cards and the like but I know I'll have to wait for the actual expansion for more information.

It just seems there's room for a lot of experimenting, combining, mix & matching etc. which I find interesting. I just hope it won't turn out buggy f:sweat

Maybe my previous posts gave off gave vibes of QQ but I was just sharing thoughts. I initially disliked the idea of the card system but after the recent news posts I see they put quite some time into designing it.
    its also written in another spot that by providing 10 of a C-A class at this certain card NPC that you have a chance to get a chest that contains anywhere from a B-S class. No S+ confirmed tho. So its not like its all for cashshoppers
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQ1NzAzNjg4.html&usg=ALkJrhgj2cOS2xN6kWToTOKsj8tGV7Yotg

Dunno if it's been posted here. The new instance apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ^___________^
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQ1NzAzNjg4.html&usg=ALkJrhgj2cOS2xN6kWToTOKsj8tGV7Yotg

Dunno if it's been posted here. The new instance apparently.

Skimmed through it. Looks like they tried to add some more interactive environment stuff like in HDD. Not bad! Seems interesting. Thanks for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.