Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If the place you worked at was falling apart would you be sitting at home or would your boss call you in and spam u untill you make it "operate" at some level ?

Again, it's a video game. Not a public service. This isn't a fast food join that's being overrun, this isn't a company that provides security systems, this isn't anything like that.

This is a video game publisher. Remember that, publisher. Not developer. All of their games are developed outside of the US, for the main part, and they only publish them in English.

The servers haven't crashed. The map hasn't died. The login screen hasn't blacked out. This is a code, involving items. It does not require a weekend job and it certainly doesn't count as "the game falling apart." Unless the servers crash they won't be in until Monday. I'm sure they're already dreading it. The game is operating.
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Raging on the forums isn't really going to do anything now. They won't be in the offices until Monday and since they didn't rollback on Friday, I doubt they will do that at all.

Also, don't rage at the mods. They're not GMs. jfc.

They stated on THURSDAY that there would be no roll back, and if you look at the consequences it's clear why.

Here's what rollback would do:

Reset the servers to a point earlier than the glitch. Everyone logs in. 49% of the player base notices the roll back and quits, including 80% of archosaur server. I state 80% because you have to give room for newbies who don't understand, long lost players who don't notice, botters, and people who don't care.

Now after that 49% quits, you have to give it a month or two for everyone who didn't quit immediatly to check in with their faction sites and etc. Friends find out that friends are not coming back, entire factions are gone, Nation Wars is so empty that it is unplayable. Gold is not being sold at a high cost anymore.

After that time frame ends you get another 2-10% quitting over these things. This would include people who have friends who left, people left in a deserted faction, people who tried to keep playing but gave up cause they just can't find the joy in it anymore.

Okay so now you have 51-59% of the player base quitting. Now let's add in unintended consequences. The GMs see that the attendance on Archosaur Server is low... so they shut it down. More raging, more quitting, those who remain move to other servers and start to encounter the same problems as the ones who quit before. They can't find their friends, their guilds, or the mindset to keep playing... so they quit. Let's go with another 2-10% here. Okay so now we're at 53% - 69%.

After all of this looking at the percentage, even if it were optimal numbers for this, we can see the game is dying. PWI would try sales, they'd try promotions, but ultimately the same result. They'd have to shut down servers that they could not afford to keep running.

Oh and on a side note, those numbers from Archosaur server are pretty accurate. I could not find a player that said that they would stay if another roll back occurs there. So there is an indepth analysis of what would happen if they proceeded with the rollback.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • CrazyButcher - Lost City
    CrazyButcher - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Person A then logs on and finds five orbs in their mailbox. This person clearly followed the instructions, did not attempt extra, but still got more than three.

This is cleary a problem of hiriing skilled people to deal with this king of thing... the massive load of attempts, the hardware, everthing must be calculated thoroughly... its not the first time that it happens, and my best guest is not the last...

its a game problem along with malicious people that want some advantage on the game...

decide who abused and who "got lucky" is what you can not define for sure...
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »
    It's not about "over-punishing" the glitchers, it's about punishing the people who didn't do anything wrong, but still technically did something they were not supposed to, because of PWI's error.

What about PWI alredy s punished people who didnt get anything on 200 (at least) - 1 000 dollars ?
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • tribells1
    tribells1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    glaesum wrote: »
    What about PWI alredy s punished people who didnt get anything on 200 (at least) - 1 000 dollars ?
    And who said they care about that ?
    As i said, optimal solution would be giving orbs to everybody who got nothing or less till they reach an average of the orbs taken by honest people. And i'm really curios how they will punish abusers, i personally know one, who got 12 orbs... really curios if he gets banned ( i can bet he won't - who goes against my bet ? )
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They stated on THURSDAY that there would be no roll back, and if you look at the consequences it's clear why.

Here's what rollback would do:

Reset the servers to a point earlier than the glitch. Everyone logs in. 49% of the player base notices the roll back and quits, including 80% of archosaur server. I state 80% because you have to give room for newbies who don't understand, long lost players who don't notice, botters, and people who don't care.

Now after that 49% quits, you have to give it a month or two for everyone who didn't quit immediatly to check in with their faction sites and etc. Friends find out that friends are not coming back, entire factions are gone, Nation Wars is so empty that it is unplayable. Gold is not being sold at a high cost anymore.

After that time frame ends you get another 2-10% quitting over these things. This would include people who have friends who left, people left in a deserted faction, people who tried to keep playing but gave up cause they just can't find the joy in it anymore.

Okay so now you have 51-59% of the player base quitting. Now let's add in unintended consequences. The GMs see that the attendance on Archosaur Server is low... so they shut it down. More raging, more quitting, those who remain move to other servers and start to encounter the same problems as the ones who quit before. They can't find their friends, their guilds, or the mindset to keep playing... so they quit. Let's go with another 2-10% here. Okay so now we're at 53% - 69%.

After all of this looking at the percentage, even if it were optimal numbers for this, we can see the game is dying. PWI would try sales, they'd try promotions, but ultimately the same result. They'd have to shut down servers that they could not afford to keep running.

Oh and on a side note, those numbers from Archosaur server are pretty accurate. I could not find a player that said that they would stay if another roll back occurs there. So there is an indepth analysis of what would happen if they proceeded with the rollback.

Pretty sure 11/22/13 was a Friday, dude.

Also, I dunno why you're responding to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Krisnda wrote: »
    It's not about "over-punishing" the glitchers, it's about punishing the people who didn't do anything wrong, but still technically did something they were not supposed to, because of PWI's error.

The way to avoid over-punishment is to set the bar so high that those who made honest mistakes won't get caught in the net. We saw how high that bar was for goons. I have no reason to believe it'll be any different this time around.

I was one who said early on that the focus shouldn't be on "punishment" of the customers in any case--that it was more appropriately placed on restoring equitability. I also said I didn't expect there to be a high quality resolution. Even I didn't anticipate how very poor the "resolution" would be though.

But then, I'm just one customer who doesn't count in the "All" in the thread title. Which, you know, is fine, because if this counts as compensation, I'll establish my use of zen at exactly the same level. A big fat goose egg.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    decide who abused and who "got lucky" is what you can not define for sure...

Except if they figured out the maximum the page would legitimately send out due to lag, then those with above that amount would be someone who abused rather obviously. Naturally, this information is not something that would, or should, be released and makes a vast amount of the assumptions in this thread completely invalid.

Considering the response we've been given so far, it's likely that that is the case, so all that's left is to wait til they're actually at work again and see how things proceed from there.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pretty sure 11/22/13 was a Friday, dude.

Also, I dunno why you're responding to me.

I went by the initial post date and not the update date.... dude.

Anywho, if you did not expect responces, and posted this garbage, then you're an idiot. Posting anything on a forum means that ANYONE at ANYTIME can respond to you to make a point, or quote you to add to the validity of a point. If you cannot understand that you should probably quit using messageboards.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I went by the initial post date and not the update date.... dude.

Anywho, if you did not expect responces, and posted this garbage, then you're an idiot. Posting anything on a forum means that ANYONE at ANYTIME can respond to you to make a point, or quote you to add to the validity of a point. If you cannot understand that you should probably quit using messageboards.

But they didn't say on Thursday that they wouldn't do a rollback. They said that on Friday.

Also, I really don't know how your post had anything to do with mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Angelldeath - Heavens Tear
    Angelldeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Except if they figured out the maximum the page would legitimately send out due to lag, then those with above that amount would be someone who abused rather obviously. Naturally, this information is not something that would, or should, be released and makes a vast amount of the assumptions in this thread completely invalid.

To be fair some people got the message to redeem again after 10 minutes so they did and that wasn't really their fault for getting more orbs.
  • Sudaj - Lost City
    Sudaj - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    99.9% of the people that are upset are the ones that were not able to abuse the code in the short time frame. The other 0.1% are mad because they didn't get 3 orbs like it said. Yes, not everyone that "says" they are upset for not getting anything, they really are mad because they wanted to get a ton of orbs too. b:shutup
    #PreachTheTruth
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    99.9% of the people that are upset are the ones that were not able to abuse the code in the short time frame. The other 0.1% are mad because they didn't get 3 orbs like it said. Yes, not everyone that "says" they are upset for not getting anything really are mad because they wanted to get a ton of orbs too. b:shutup
    #PreachTheTruth

False, the majority just want a rollback, as evidenced the poll thread, and then for everyone to be handed out the exact same 3 ocean orbs. Made up statistics are useless, so yes, your emote is quite appropriate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To be fair some people got the message to redeem again after 10 minutes so they did and that wasn't really their fault for getting more orbs.
    No, you're wrong. You're not listening to her. She's right.

The code was released and programmed to only be redeemable once per account. Before the page broke, it was. Everyone was getting "This code has already been redeemed" and QQing because people later were getting more. The 10 minutes was after the page completely broke, and before it completely stopped coming up. There were that many codes being redeemed at once, so many people trying to get onto that page or constantly refreshing it, whether they knew what they were doing or not, that the system no longer recognised the code as once per account. Because there were accounts redeeming it 12 times. The system no longer recognised the code's full program.

Which is also how some people who redeemed it only got 1 orb, or 2 or no orbs but everything else. The system quit. it packed up it's cubicle and went to Macedonia. Somehow, I don't think it's coming back for a long time, if ever.

What she said.

To add; Doesn't that 10 minutes thing automatically come up for every code you enter into that page? I believe it's part of the page's HTML.
  • Sudaj - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    False, the majority just want a rollback, as evidenced the poll thread, and then for everyone to be handed out the exact same 3 ocean orbs. Made up statistics are useless, so yes, your emote is quite appropriate.

Why does anyone trust a poll? My definition of a forum poll is one where people log on a ton of characters to vote to get their way. Forum polls are in no way accurate at all. Seeing as majority of the community was upset, they are more inclined to do this. And my emote is appropriate to your argument, everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinion against mine. b:bye
  • tribells1
    tribells1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    glaesum wrote: »
    99.9% of the people that are upset are the ones that were not able to abuse the code in the short time frame. The other 0.1% are mad because they didn't get 3 orbs like it said. Yes, not everyone that "says" they are upset for not getting anything, they really are mad because they wanted to get a ton of orbs too. b:shutup
    #PreachTheTruth

Also, have you bothered reading the posts ? I for one did not get anything 'cause i thought i was going to redeem later... and later the code was removed... and yes, i want to get an honest amount, by honest i mean receiving the same as everybody else. not just abusers get tons and nothing happens as usual; we pretend we do smth... and what do we do, make it very honest.... don't let anybody else but the ones who took advantage of the problem get anything.... a very good way to solve it... right
  • Angelldeath - Heavens Tear
    Angelldeath - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What she said.

To add; Doesn't that 10 minutes thing automatically come up for every code you enter into that page? I believe it's part of the page's HTML.

Like I said they just followed the instructions. Not everyone could have guessed that it was broken. Some people didn't even look on forums for the code it was given to them by their faction or a friend so they didn't see the "one per account" message.
    And no, like you quoted she said the first ones to redeem didn't get the 10 minute message.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    What she said.

Nah. It normally says "Code Expired" for one-time codes or "Code already redeemed on this account" for codes that multiple-user codes.

Then ten minute thing is probably a warning for when the page is getting flooded with the codes (something like the page trying to say it's taking too much strain so try again later) but... well... not many people would consider that even without taking the people totally ignoring it to abuse things purposefully.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sudaj - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    tribells1 wrote: »
    Also, have you bothered reading the posts ? I for one did not get anything 'cause i thought i was going to redeem later... and later the code was removed... and yes, i want to get an honest amount, by honest i mean receiving the same as everybody else. not just abusers get tons and nothing happens as usual; we pretend we do smth... and what do we do, make it very honest.... don't let anybody else but the ones who took advantage of the problem get anything.... a very good way to solve it... right

The percentages I said were sarcastic, no one really knows how many it would be. However, being in adept with human nature, yes a majority of people are upset because said people got to abuse the code, while they didn't get the opportunity. There is a reason why one of the top "major sins of humanity" is greed. b:chuckle
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its ok that the +Orbs should be removed, thats cool, but i still wondering why would any player be punished because of untested code, while they was doing what the redeem page said, redeem again in 10 minutes, not sure PWE is aware that this wasnt definitely players fault, there was no exploit or cheat, like MOD said about those tomes, this was simple coding failure, and i dont understand why would be any players fault that PWE dont have employements who know how to deal with codes...dont want to offense anyone, dont get me wrong, i was reading this thread from the beggining, saw every post, and i know only MODs responding, theye are for keeping threads as clean as they can and i respect that, and i know its weekend so nothing will happen till start of the next week, but i just realy dont understand why PWE a BLAME players for what happend when NO, that was not of US, Players fault ! and no matter who will Quote this post, or what You will say about it, Everyone know I am right ! i mean We Players was right this time, follow the rules, when a Redeem page coded by PWE says Reddem in 10 mins again, its mandatory for players to do what the Page, coded by PWE, says ! To not talk about released and not tested Code, because there was in mails sended Codes by PWE, could used on every server, what bringt all this to where we are now, disabling all other servers in redeem page except Archo? probably impossible...or not? b:sad
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The percentages I said were sarcastic, no one really knows how many it would be. However, being in adept with human nature, yes a majority of people are upset because said people got to abuse the code, while they didn't get the opportunity. There is a reason why one of the top "major sins of humanity" is greed. b:chuckle

The OP has already stated that the majority didn't abuse the code, only a select few did. What people are asking for is simply to appropriately punish the abusers, and giving everyone else a uniform amount of orbs.

"Being in adept with human nature?" Were you dropped as a baby?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • TryIt - Raging Tide
    TryIt - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They cant ban or punish any players for this.
    It aint there fault. I wonder how they wanna fix the false NW tokens some players got because of the extra orbs they had in the mail and false TW wins and losses because of this. Lots of others maybe around 60-70% did not get any thing.
    Realy i personaly think its not fixable anymore to late now trust in game and Upper staff ccompletly gone they should of pulled the plug right away and had done a roll back would only been 1 day after maintance for now its 1 BIG drama. To bad that anice game like this is can go down this way.
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i read here so often *its just a game*, *only a game* etc.
    as soon a company is behind a game who offer items, service for real money than it is not only a game. in that case such fiaskos we had should not be happen, if yes than the company should do the best to solve the problems.
    do avoid maybe stupid reactions, it doesn't matter if this is now stupid to waste money in an online game or not. also it doesn't matter if i am an idiot or not, because it did it. many of us did it, otherwise this game would be closed since years.
    i have not bought all my stuff i also play this game every day.

when this is a real free game than i am not mad, but when i paid for +10 and a lot others get now full +10 or higher for free than i am mad.

it was a really nice gift pwi spent for us, but how they did ....hmm......

i hope at end it will be an happy end.........
  • Kuroikami - Heavens Tear
    Kuroikami - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    -PW Team

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

... how you know who "abuse"?.. how you know baned (if baned) person who ticket and QQ that *it wasn't abuse.. i didn't even knew about that glitch or w/e it was* asking for unban.. if that person actually did abuse?... so no one will be punished (?)

◔̯◔ .. omg..

btw ^^ good to see not only players are QQing and also MOD's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Greds - Lost City
    Greds - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Except if they figured out the maximum the page would legitimately send out due to lag, then those with above that amount would be someone who abused rather obviously. there.

so ppl that got lees or 0 should get a code that would make it to how you told " max lgitimate send out" im right? i think ppl dont QQ becouse some got morre then others it happens all time ppl most are mad that got 0 why? Simple code was taken of and if recompensation than ofc for all servers XD But lets wait im shocked you even bother to read this all + i know that non pays for the extra job + ye making staff for each game would make it much more better lees gliches etc but whos idea it is to lunch new and new games all time? i know company is progresing, growing but if they decide to give new game employ new ppl for it... ther are still old games to go on and i dont think pwi made 0 for PW companyb:victory
  • Sudaj - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    The OP has already stated that the majority didn't abuse the code, only a select few did. What people are asking for is simply to appropriately punish the abusers, and giving everyone else a uniform amount of orbs.

"Being in adept with human nature?" Were you dropped as a baby?

Firstly, judging someone's intelligence that you don't know by insulting shows yours. b:pleased Secondly, "majority didn't abuse the code, only a select few did", only strengthens my argument. In all fairness everyone should have gotten three orbs, like they were meant to, but people quickly became aware of the whole being able to use the code again only pushed people to use the code more, resulting into the code page failing. I imagine that something clicked in their head that "hey people who just had alts on Archosaur got more orbs, I'm going to take advantage to level the field." This whole mess is truly PWE's fault, people were shafted before because they didn't take the appropriate actions to punish people that did this so called goon glitch, dream abuse etc. So they assumed that they would get away with it. I am curious to see how/if they will be punished, or if this will be a warning stage before PWE starts to show that they will be taking things more seriously from now on. b:shocked
  • Lacet - Sanctuary
    Lacet - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This issue is not about the cheaters (scum will always cheat when they are given the chance), it's about the apparent incompetency of PWI.

This is NOT the first time this glitch has been used and yet PWI allowed the glitch to be used AGAIN. And what began as a problem on one server, PWI managed to affect every server across the board and made a serious mess in the process.

While all the broken features and quests continue to go unrepaired, they focus on new content which will undoubtedly be broken upon it's release.

Those of us who have stuck with PWI through the years have lost trust and patience and who in their right minds could blame us. The financial investment we have made into this game should have returned superb customer service and a superior gaming experience rather than going toward the cost of fixing your **** ups.
  • Const/
tine - Raging Tide35
    Const/ tine - Raging Tide35 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm pissed something like this permits an unknown number of players to leap ahead of my hard work to get where I am without investing a damn thing. That irritates this hell out of me. If players are going to jump ahead of me then it better be through CS'ing or investing a greater amount of time farming or merchanting, not though what amounted as a multi-billion coin giveaway that was touted to be "Compensation for All". I REALLY don't care how many or how few other players received (1, 5, 10, 50, or 100). What I do care about is my piece of the pie. If this was to be "Compensation For All" for those active players that had login issues since the time change, I am one of those players. I want my damn compensation from PWI- PERIOD.

Now, I have my ticket open and I encourage EVERYONE to do the same whether you received conpensation or not.

I am waiting for a response, and depending how PWI chooses to handle this fiasco will greatly determine if I want to continue to play this game. But I warn everyone, if PWI's typical response is to offer a greatly reduced Ocean Orb sale then they can go "F" themselves. Unfortnately, that is the response I'm expecting from them.

"Ok PWI team, I know we upset the players with this Ocean Orb giveaway, let's really **** them off by offering an Ocean Orb, Platinum Charm, and hyper super sale; AND, we can attach 50 event gold with every purchase."

You think it is a joke, I'm not laughing. PWI already has an event gold promo going on

^ this

I could not agree with this anymore. It sums up my frustration perfectly. I want my code as well or pwi can deal with a paying customer quitting.
  • Dragline - Lost City
    Dragline - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To Be Honest this could b the best thing to every happen to pw i have seen more noobs in Pk Now.......I dont think they should b Punished either, Pw Gave those ppl the Keys to unlock that door....But I think We All Desever to Redeem this code 1 time Like it was Publisied on the Website WE ALL DESERVE THIS CODE EVEN IF THE PPL THAT GOT 100 ORBS GET MORE WHO CARES. WHATS 3 MORE OBRS TO THEM?,,,,WE ALL DESERVE THIS CODE PW
  • Kaniff - Harshlands
    Kaniff - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When Will Code Be Back, I Still Havent Gotten To Use It
This discussion has been closed.