Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• Lady_Kaguya - Lost City
    Lady_Kaguya - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Mod edit because it appears people refuse to scroll down enough to read:
    UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

^This is the reason why the code is saying it has expired when you try to enter it!

Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

I just wanna say there are tons of replys and comments and most is **** but if you spend hrs looking then maybe u find it. I think you should update issues this way more often so people can read what they need in the first comment.
  • JackieK - Harshlands
    JackieK - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is their auto ticket response, so yeah to everyone like me who got nothing they're basically saying tough ****

-removed-

So yay GG Archosaur gets compensation when they told the other servers about the code and how to abuse it. Thats clearly a fair solution, Any Mods out there you might wanna get it across to the head honcho Val just how greatly PWI ***** up (yeah people abused the code, but if the staff was even semi-intelligent they wouldn't have given out a 10* d orb coe that could be redeemed more than once), and they may want to actually fix it.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Oh well,
    I had hoped that the situation would have made the executives at PWE work a bit faster for a proper resolution. I know it is the weekend but current circumstances require a bit of creative management. I also know the number of PWE GMs is limited but in any business, irregular operations goes into effect and it is "all hands on deck".

I don't know DoD nor any of the new GMs but if history is used as a guide, I expect a statement like...

"To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again." frankieraye April 18 2012 (in reply to the goonies)

I hope that DoD proves me wrong but I'll continue to use a PWE outlook...
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.

PS. One good thing is that if our version of PWI tanks and fades away, the original devs can create a new PWI for us with an updated engine (and maybe some bug fixes that have been around since day one). b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    Goodluck to those of you wanting to hear something from the {PWE} ADMINs here in the USA by monday, monday is the 'Thanksgiving day' Holiday here in the US, we'll be lucky if we hear them say anything at all by Tuesday just before maintenance...b:bye

Sad but true.....b:surrender

^^Scratch that above I'm typing half asleep and realized its thursday when thanksgiving isb:dirtyb:chuckle

Thanksgiving is always the fourth Thursday of November, so not until the 28th. I'm just going to assume you mean the Thanksgiving week, where most people are really busy with plans in the United States. b:chuckle

Yep I forgot that Thanksgiving is always on a thursday, so I kinda derped it there.. So lets just hope they actually do have to show up monday & etc and haven't had all these days off so they can go travel to visit their relatives across the country, so we can all finally see if they got an answer for their goof up... >_<
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    no ****. are u **** or something?

of course he is ****, and probably stupid too. didn't you see he ended his comment with a line explaining he suffer of ASPERGERS. If you have no idea what ASPERGERS is, google it, try wikipedia, they have a full explanation of what it is.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    would you like a virtual pony with your order of ocean burgers? b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    faruskas wrote: »
    of course he is ****, and probably stupid too. didn't you see he ended his comment with a line explaining he suffer of ASPERGERS. If you have no idea what ASPERGERS is, google it, try wikipedia, they have a full explanation of what it is.

OF COURSE! I'm ****! That explains why I'm on these effing boards while I'm trying to play a different game!

That explains it all!

That being said, I shall no longer be watching this board unless I am on this *coughs* game. b:bye
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OF COURSE! I'm ****! That explains why I'm on these effing boards while I'm trying to play a different game!

General retardation also explains why people are still holding out for a roll-back when we aren't getting one.
    Its never easy to get off of the ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    As a guy with a R9,3+12 full jaded suit, I am a very unhappy customer. I mean VERY!
    PWE has shot itself in the foot with this one.

1. You should not have released codes that can glitch.
    2. You should not have wrecked the servers, Archosaur, roll-back issues, this is not allowed in a competitive business environment.
    3. You should not have DENIED the users who pay for this game to run, the chance to get the code and break your own words towards the community.

Some of us have jobs, families, other day to day life activities and we dont check forums.

What you have done is pretty sad and ruins for many of us this lovely end of the year.

With a BlackFriday coming and Cyber Monday, I am 99.9% sure I will not charge any Dollars for PWI!

Kind of like the goon glitch right? The one that gave many an unfair advantage?
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kind of like the goon glitch right? The one that gave many an unfair advantage?

the different is goon glitch is a joke compare than this.
  • kaydian
    kaydian Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So 3 days have passed, still waiting on the thing called "punishment". WILL NOT SPEND A DIME AGAIN UNTIL I SEE SOME EFFORT OF MAKING THINGS RIGHT.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    kaydian wrote: »
    So 3 days have passed, still waiting on the thing called "punishment". WILL NOT SPEND A DIME AGAIN UNTIL I SEE SOME EFFORT OF MAKING THINGS RIGHT.

Yoo hoo. Its the WEEKEND. That thing where the majority of people don't work called Saturday and Sunday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gerrod16
    gerrod16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    There is only two possible fixes for this mess the players and gm created.

1) Reroll the servers. Yes, a lot of people will be screwed over. At least everyone will be screwed over, which is fair.

2) Enable the code again and set it up like the original. Let everyone abuse for 6-12 hours and then get rid of it for ever. I believe this is fair to everyone, besides to the people who previously purchased Orbs for +10-12. But, hey if they could afford +10-12 previously. They probably have some bad *** gems that the abusers can't afford. So they will still have the advantage.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Learn to READ.

Now go back, read the entire post, and then, if you still have a question about it, go ahead an ask.

i read the update to the post from the 22nd, but alas i have a LIFE! continuing on that, there is no way i'm gonna read back 400 pages, especially when you are just arguing relentlessly all over it.

take your epeen and go bait your master instead of trying to be the king of the interwebs.b:victory
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    gerrod16 wrote: »
    There is only two possible fixes for this mess the players and gm created.

1) Reroll the servers. Yes, a lot of people will be screwed over. At least everyone will be screwed over, which is fair.

2) Enable the code again and set it up like the original. Let everyone abuse for 6-12 hours and then get rid of it for ever. I believe this is fair to everyone, besides to the people who previously purchased Orbs for +10-12. But, hey if they could afford +10-12 previously. They probably have some bad *** gems that the abusers can't afford. So they will still have the advantage.

Pretty much this.
  • sithis010
    sithis010 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    this wat hapen when jelly ppl say they feel ***** cuz they dun get orb. hahaha all u ppl hate me cuz i spent my store cupon at server i please, how u feel nao? hahahahahha
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    sithis010 wrote: »
    this wat hapen when jelly ppl say they feel ***** cuz they dun get orb. hahaha all u ppl hate me cuz i spent my store cupon at server i please, how u feel nao? hahahahahha

I feel like sending you back to school for a better education. Thanks for asking.
  • gerrod16
    gerrod16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

The autistic children I work with can form better sentences than you.
  • daffidowndilly
    daffidowndilly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'd just like to point out that the post PWI put on their facebook page about the orb code for all servers said it was a holiday gift- not part of the Archasaur compensation.

I tried to get a code, got to the page, sent it to myself once- and never got it.

I know this has been hashed over and over- but the update in the first entry is ignoring the fact this was a gift from PWI to the whole community. I really hope you can put together a 1 use code and let all the people who never had a chance to get the gift get one. It would really make a happier holiday for all the disgruntled people punished for what is now being said was not as much abuse as first indicated.
    from PWI facebook

"PWI
    Happy Holidays All!

This holiday season, Perfect World is giving away a free pack full of goodies including bound dragon orbs! You can give it to any character on any server too. Redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Redeem the above code at http://pwi.perfectworld.com/redeem

This special code will EXPIRE on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24th @ 11:59 PM PST. Get yours now while you can!

From all of us here at PWE, we hope you have a great holiday season and please continue being awesome!"

33wlgub.png
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'd just like to point out that the post PWI put on their facebook page about the orb code for all servers said it was a holiday gift- not part of the Archasaur compensation.

I tried to get a code, got to the page, sent it to myself once- and never got it.

I know this has been hashed over and over- but the update in the first entry is ignoring the fact this was a gift from PWI to the whole community. I really hope you can put together a 1 use code and let all the people who never had a chance to get the gift get one. It would really make a happier holiday for all the disgruntled people punished for what is now being said was not as much abuse as first indicated.
    from PWI facebook

"PWI
    Happy Holidays All!

This holiday season, Perfect World is giving away a free pack full of goodies including bound dragon orbs! You can give it to any character on any server too. Redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Redeem the above code at http://pwi.perfectworld.com/redeem

This special code will EXPIRE on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24th @ 11:59 PM PST. Get yours now while you can!

From all of us here at PWE, we hope you have a great holiday season and please continue being awesome!"

33wlgub.png

Ah hah! The plot thickens...
  • stonewolf13
    stonewolf13 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    as usual i still dont get compt for there **** up put in 4 tickets and same dumb *** code and i still dont get anything been 4 days now ge thxs pwi.
    edited November 2013
    Options

Not exactly the brightest bulb in the socket are you? A few brain cells short of roadkill is what I've determined and your post proves me right on the money.

You can be lumped with the rest of the "coul smrat peopel" that think because its been since Friday, something should have been done by now lest they forget its the ...*shhh, don't want to give away the secret too often***...weekend.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Trolololol, tomorrow is banning day. Bye bye abusers. b:bye
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • sithis010
    sithis010 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Not exactly the brightest bulb in the socket are you? A few brain cells short of roadkill is what I've determined and your post proves me right on the money.

You can be lumped with the rest of the "coul smrat peopel" that think because its been since Friday, something should have been done by now lest they forget its the ...*shhh, don't want to give away the secret too often***...weekend.

one of u said that bcuz u didnt get code, and i use on server i want, they were bein ***** and teh police was laffin. it was say. he say oh how u feel if ****. every1 got jelly of me n others who spent money way we wan. thats why they give out code to every1. cuz they were jealus that they didn loss friens. and now what good give to ever1 do? they shuld have lef it archo only and ignore the jelus. am just laffin cuz greed get ppl everytime.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    one of u said that bcuz u didnt get code, and i use on server i want, they were bein ***** and teh police was laffin. it was say. he say oh how u feel if ****. every1 got jelly of me n others who spent money way we wan. thats why they give out code to every1. cuz they were jealus that they didn loss friens. and now what good give to ever1 do? they shuld have lef it archo only and ignore the jelus. am just laffin cuz greed get ppl everytime.

Where did you learn that english? I want there too! b:cry
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options

I want to respond to this with something useful... but after rereading it three times I still don't know what you're trying to say. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Where did you learn that english? I want there too! b:cry

Bronx or Queens... where else?b:laugh
  • GhostHealer - Heavens Tear
    GhostHealer - Heavens Tear Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This made my brain hurt. f:faintf:ouch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    One of you said that because you didn't get the code, and I used it on the server I wanted to use it on, they were being ***** and the police were laughing. It was said "oh how u feel if ****." Everyone got jealous of me & others who spent money the way we wanted. Thats why they gave out the code to everyone. Because players were jealous that they didn't lose friends and now what good has giving it to everyone done? they should have left it archo only and ignored the jealous. I am just laughing because greed gets people every time.

I tried. I tried so hard.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Forget about punishment right now.

One of my friend sent a ticket cause he didn't get the chance to get orbs and they answered him that they don't plan to ban on any server except Arch.

So GG everyone that did abuse on all other servers, you are save from any punishment.

-.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
This discussion has been closed.