Important: DQ Rewards Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm not going to judge anything before I see the future changes.

Thank you for giving the heads up, though.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »
    Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that the DQ Rewards system will soon be coming to an end. We are currently in the process of developing a new rewards system using the ARC platform.

If you currently have points in the DQ Rewards system we ask that you use your points before December. The page will be disabled after we launch our new Arcgames.com website.

I think someone already asked this, but i'll ask anyways, WILL WE BE ABLE TO STILL USE EVENT GOLD IN DECEMBER? also, wanna say, yes, this sucks that they are doing away with DQ and not replacing it.b:sad
    I was 25,000 away from the Golden Horse.
    Just have to say I got my "Goldie" long time ago, when u could count on one hand, MAYBE, how many peeps had one(before they became available for sale from what I could tell)! Just hope they do an assault on archosaur event by Thanksgiving(that's what it took to finish getting the points for that mount!)! Hope u can get the mount(I love my "Goldie")!b:thanks
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thank you all so very much for the warning in game. ^^

Been a while since I seen a good warning like this. *hides*

Also yes those skills are the skills of a mystic, I have been playing around on one. :P
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think someone already asked this, but i'll ask anyways, WILL WE BE ABLE TO STILL USE EVENT GOLD IN DECEMBER? also, wanna say, yes, this sucks that they are doing away with DQ and not replacing it.b:sad
    Asked and answered a page or two ago.

1. Event gold is in no way tied directly to the DQ system. It is rewarded\obtainable through other means and is an in-game item.

2. They are replacing it. Or at least working on something else. There's even a Sticky Thread on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cutyrabbit - Raging Tide
    Cutyrabbit - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    this may be off topic but pwcn has a new update glory and rebirth when are we going to get a new update like that????
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    this may be off topic but pwcn has a new update glory and rebirth when are we going to get a new update like that????

With current server stability? Unlikely lol.

Back on topic, is there a way we can still access the new DQ point system without using arc?
    Or PWI is shunning players again by slowly killing this game?

Also, have PWI actually tested how the new system will work? Invite some player for beta test first before u throw it out to community.

b:bye
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • only1wish
    only1wish Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that the DQ Rewards system will soon be coming to an end. We are currently in the process of developing a new rewards system using the ARC platform.

If you currently have points in the DQ Rewards system we ask that you use your points before December. The page will be disabled after we launch our new Arcgames.com website.

The Player Rankings page will also be taken down once the transition takes place.

For more information about ARC and what's coming please visit:

http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1031281

I should have seen this comming! DQ rewards system is going to be put in Arc... great.
    Then i guess it was a bunch of lies how "the old system was slow and problematic" and you wanted to make it better for US, the players! You never cared for the comfort of players, just wanted to put some excuse to why the DQ rewards info was removed LOL
    That's how you lie to fix you mess ups? Even that you failed.

I was about to RQ... but then i read in the last past of that Arc Update info that:

"It Will Still Be Possible to Launch Games Without Arc "

Still the fact that redeeming codes and also DQ rewards via Arc is a big issue for almost all players of Perfect Wolrd, of that i'm sure!

I have about 2 chars filled with stacks of DQ items. I was hoping for a x 2 DQ reward event.... guess that aint happening.
    I'ld like to ask however if i sell the DQ items now will their value be updated in time so i can still get my points before the current DQ reward system is terminated?
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't know how possible it even sounds right now. I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks for my DQ points to update. I sent in a ticket. Their response was, and I quote:

Thank you for your report. Currently, there are extended delays with the DQ point system at this time. Any point gain may not show immediately, but would eventually show up to the correct total for a future update. The points gained from past sales should not be lost and will also be added up later as well.

That was sent back to me after 5 days of the DQ points not being updated on my second account. 6 days later still no update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i have never seen a positive player feedback or post about the Arc system. why would a company insist on using a feature that every single player (customer) seems to hate passionately?

They are making in mandatory because it is going to be littered with annoying advertisements. It is another way they can make money. Force people to view ads. Sorta like a bill board. You might not look, but it is there.
    NGTUy53.png

• Miss_menace - Raging Tide
    Miss_menace - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I have never gotten arc to work properly. I wanted to try a couple other games offered by PWE but since the only way to download it was through Arc, and it wouldn't download, well there's a whole lot of business they just lost.

In fact, the only time arc worked was at the initial moment when i logged into PWI through arc, and it took me directly to the character screen. But since that, even that doesn't work.

Seriously, fix Arc first so it works properly for the general populous before you start bogging it down with other features like the DQ system.
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Just have to say I got my "Goldie" long time ago, when u could count on one hand, MAYBE, how many peeps had one(before they became available for sale from what I could tell)! Just hope they do an assault on archosaur event by Thanksgiving(that's what it took to finish getting the points for that mount!)! Hope u can get the mount(I love my "Goldie")!b:thanks

It's cool. I love my shinning white-mage-ish white horse. I wanted the gold one as bit of a "pat on the back" for finally getting 150,000.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Event boutique is not linked in any way to the DQ rewards. The only thing that will be leaving us is the rewards webpage.

And they are replacing it. They stated that there would be a new rewards program set up that runs through Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

The Player Rankings page will also be taken down once the transition takes place.

For more information about ARC and what's coming please visit:

http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1031281

It is to bad we can not keep our standing reward points as the rewards offered are 3rd rate at best.

My question now is what is going to happen to the DQ mats and reward system that are currently functioning in-game?
    I personally have many banked DQ mats which I intended to use to do the DQ quests to get the Gold, Silver and Copper medals to exchange for the advanced gear.
    Are these mats and rewards being trashed too?
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Nhymphel - Dreamweaver
    Nhymphel - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why are these measures being implemented halfway or partway in the game and on the webpage before the deadline? I've been saving points for years, and I'm thoroughly frustrated that all my efforts to build up the points for the one item in the system that I wanted are now useless and the points are worthless. We should at least be allowed to keep earning them/buying them until Dec 1st, and items we buy with them should absolutely not be lost in transit. This isn't fair to the players who use this system at all.
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    seems like almost no one is happy about this and yet pwi is still doing

thats what i call a company trying to care for their customer needs
  • Xxxian - Archosaur
    Xxxian - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Can you even earn DQ points anymore. I bought 600 from JOJ and nothing showed up. I'm soooooooooo close to what I'm saving for.
    Your only as Bored as you are Boring.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Can you even earn DQ points anymore. I bought 600 from JOJ and nothing showed up. I'm soooooooooo close to what I'm saving for.

Yes, you can. They are shown within same period of time (2 days).
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Is this a way to force us to use arc?b:angry
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's funny cuz if you look at the poll i started ( http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20123431&posted=1#post20123431 ) while the numbers may not represent the entire gaming community as a whole the % of people willing to quit over needing to use the Arc system is pretty high. IJS....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options

Not DQ rewards, another reward. It's just PWE being PWE again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It's proven that many players receive ridiculous lag from ARC...Not only that but we'll have to download arc and sign up on that website which is 2 more steps that there doesn't need to be!

Keep this new reward system on the site please...There's no use for arc with PWI, it just screws everything up and causes unnecessary lag b:sadb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxxyMaxx - Heavens Tear
    FoxxyMaxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sadly I can only see the removal of the DQ reward system as another nail in the coffin of a once awesome game. How much longer before there are more nails than wood?

I understand that PWE needs to make money as a company, but it's quite clear from comments all over the forum that players like myself who have been loyal to the game over the years are now becoming disillusioned.

It is now a lot harder to make in-game money than it used to be. NPC value of a lot of DQ items has been all but removed, and now we see the removal of the system that was introduced to compensate for it.

Thinking particularly of the TT3-1, we used to be able to farm our own TT90 gear until the instance was 'improved'. How many squads that fit inside the level bracket shown when opening a 3-1 can now get their own Giant Beast Armour/Shells or Ghost Lords Ribbons?

(....and don't get me started on 'normal' players having to stand behind the line to watch others kill Hellfire for their SoT culti)

The strategy of increasingly forceful 'encouragement' to put cash into the game is a bold one, especially considering PWE's apparent attitude to their customers... wishes going unacknowledged, tickets and questions going unanswered ... broken quests, missing NPCs, forcing of PK mode in the lycaeum (all still unfixed). It certainly doesn't encourage me to put any money into the game.

Maybe they should branch out into the hotel business and give Basil Fawlty a run for his money b:laugh
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sadly I can only see the removal of the DQ reward system as another nail in the coffin of a once awesome game. How much longer before there are more nails than wood?

I understand that PWE needs to make money as a company, but it's quite clear from comments all over the forum that players like myself who have been loyal to the game over the years are now becoming disillusioned.

It is now a lot harder to make in-game money than it used to be. NPC value of a lot of DQ items has been all but removed, and now we see the removal of the system that was introduced to compensate for it.

Thinking particularly of the TT3-1, we used to be able to farm our own TT90 gear until the instance was 'improved'. How many squads that fit inside the level bracket shown when opening a 3-1 can now get their own Giant Beast Armour/Shells or Ghost Lords Ribbons?

(....and don't get me started on 'normal' players having to stand behind the line to watch others kill Hellfire for their SoT culti)

The strategy of increasingly forceful 'encouragement' to put cash into the game is a bold one, especially considering PWE's apparent attitude to their customers... wishes going unacknowledged, tickets and questions going unanswered ... broken quests, missing NPCs, forcing of PK mode in the lycaeum (all still unfixed). It certainly doesn't encourage me to put any money into the game.

Maybe they should branch out into the hotel business and give Basil Fawlty a run for his money b:laugh

That really sucks--- Having to hide for your Fb when your a barb and should be on the front lines.
    b:shocked
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I haven't read every post on this I'll admit but has it been explained yet if you have to spend your event gold (from Demon/Sage card) before December ? Or is it ONLY spend your DQ points before December? Or both??
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    can the dead time be moved ? couse since yesterday issues we cant use dq points page.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so more work and more lag i won't bother with it unless the rewards are worth it..we'lll see when it gets here
  • unohu
    unohu Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    starfever wrote: »
    I haven't read every post on this I'll admit but has it been explained yet if you have to spend your event gold (from Demon/Sage card) before December ? Or is it ONLY spend your DQ points before December? Or both??

So does anyone know?

I've bought sage/demon cards with my DQ points but must I use them before December? b:shocked
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    unohu wrote: »
    So does anyone know?

I've bought sage/demon cards with my DQ points but must I use them before December? b:shocked

......the event boutique isn't leaving. Demon/Sage cards come from more than the DQ page f:sweat
  • murderboy22
    murderboy22 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    whyyyy does it have to use arcccccccc

so u cant use botts like usual
This discussion has been closed.