Important: DQ Rewards Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Before removing the DQ rewards forever, i think you guys should announce it in-game system chats as warning for all players to use their DQ points before December. Not many comes on forums or check the news-blog etc. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thanks for finally letting us know the deadline to use our DQ points. Though I hope in future situations you inform the player base of changes before partial implementation; leaving us to guess what exactly is going on and then providing basically no information resulting in wide spread rage and panic. It would have been better if you first finalized the plans for the change then informed the player base, giving us ample time to adjust.

This is only guess work on my part, but I feel I can safely assume that the reason PWE staff could not answer questions regarding the removal of the system before was because they themselves didn't have the answers. This was either due to unbelievably poor communication between departments or an issue with the new system arose and no one was sure either when or if it could be implemented. Regardless of whether my assumption is correct, this made you look incompetent as a whole. From the obvious in game change way beforehand to the mods providing poor answers to community outrage to promised updates on the situation that took nearly a month to be provided.

An MMO is something that consistently evolves and changes, people generally cannot accept change easily thus there will always be those who express outrage. However, PWE staff could have quelled most of this storm by simply not making impromptu changes within the game before the system was ready and all staff were updated on the changes so they could provide answers to questions.

Again, Thank you, I really do appreciate being provided with a deadline.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • Esfandiyar - Dreamweaver
    Esfandiyar - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »
    Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that the

The Player Rankings page will also be taken down once the transition takes place.

For more information about ARC and what's coming please visit:

http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1031281

The ranking page is working in any other language but English, u have to change the web site language to see the results, but they stop updating it few months ago, I really want to know what will happen to ranking page? are we gonna have something similar in ARC?
    Victorious warriors win first then go to war,while defeated warriors go to war first then seek to win.
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Does this mean we won't be able to spend DQ points without arc?b:angry
  • curlya
    curlya Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    it means there are NO dq points anymore....b:bye
  • Remenant - Archosaur
    Remenant - Archosaur Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Eh.... How are we supposed to spend our remaining DQ points if the DQ rewards page is down....?????
    Forever bored Sin. I don't know why I'm still playing this game. b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Infyniti - Raging Tide
    Infyniti - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well this blows...
  • Mistiks - Raging Tide
    Mistiks - Raging Tide Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    After months of just rummors finally they say till WHEN we can store and use our DQ points b:thanks
  • Hisio - Morai
    Hisio - Morai Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    After google and google+ now it's PWE and Arc. Nobody wants to use your stuff so you force them on us.
    Nice, all companies are the same.... Not listening to users and just imposing on us what they want and what we do not...
  • Deaths_Door - Raging Tide
    Deaths_Door - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you know whats funny is that Arc system is the thing that's been giving you all problems.. .. Yet you don't want to admit its arc.. That it is just the players computer.. Way 2 go.. All i got to say is focus more on your game.. the game that MADE your company what it is today.. Forget all the other BS .. Just to let everyone out there know arc is a very nice way to gets someones account info.. So if it is implemented .. Have fun with all the hackers pwi.. Cause i am out again...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you know whats funny is that Arc system is the thing that's been giving you all problems.. .. Yet you don't want to admit its arc.. That it is just the players computer.. Way 2 go.. All i got to say is focus more on your game.. the game that MADE your company what it is today.. Forget all the other BS .. Just to let everyone out there know arc is a very nice way to gets someones account info.. So if it is implemented .. Have fun with all the hackers pwi.. Cause i am out again...
    Arc is still in the development stages, they've been very clear about that. Of course it's going to have some bugs. So far it's better than Core ever was, and Core still had an Alpha quality to it after it was released.

The only way someone is going to get your login information from Arc is if they are already on your computer AND they've cracked the encryption on the password data.

If they're on your PC, your security sucks anyway and you would have lost regardless of Arc storing data in an encrypted format.

You should be more informed before you spout things like that.

Also, I'll include this post I made earlier....
    Unless they radically change the way the clients start up, there will be ways to use the clients without Arc.

I will continue to provide data as I have previously to assist in this.

The biggest problem with stopping/slowing these kinds of developments, is that most people will only complain about it in forum threads. You need to contact the company, or start a petition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    # 1 Important: DQ Rewards Coming to an End

Bit like this game tbh
  • shavkins
    shavkins Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so now npc price for dq items will be restored?
  • siresi
    siresi Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That the DQ Rewards system will unfortunately b coming to an end and that we need to use our points before December, is clear now...

I used ma points for Demon/Sage Event Cards = 50 Gold at the Events tab in the Boutique.

My question is:
    I have used ma points but what is gonna happen with the Events tab Gold in the Boutique in December, is the tab and Gold still available?
  • happosample
    happosample Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    spend dq points before december, got it.
    does this also include event gold must be spent before december?
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Its their choice to force us to use this Arc in the future as they have stated from the first day it was mentioned.
    Its been my choice to not buy anymore Zen since then, I hope the loss of income from loyal players like me is compensated from the new ones you hope to attract with this unnecessary software.
    I would rather they spent the money on fixing the broken bits in this game first, not a new outside game User Interface and until then why should I put another cent into helping you not do your job.
    Was going for R9, now going for a new game, outside PWIs stable.

I have voted with my Zen.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ARC my A$$ b:chuckle
  • darkcerubrium
    darkcerubrium Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Its their choice to force us to use this Arc in the future as they have stated from the first day it was mentioned.
    Its been my choice to not buy anymore Zen since then, I hope the loss of income from loyal players like me is compensated from the new ones you hope to attract with this unnecessary software.
    I would rather they spent the money on fixing the broken bits in this game first, not a new outside game User Interface and until then why should I put another cent into helping you not do your job.

this. nuff said
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    A mod/dev/gm answering the important questions would be awsome.

so far:

1-what will hapen wiht rankings?

2-if u get demon/sage event card would u be able to spend it in the event boutique?or u also have to use the event gold b4 december?
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    A mod/dev/gm answering the important questions would be awsome.

so far:

1-what will hapen wiht rankings?

2-if u get demon/sage event card would u be able to spend it in the event boutique?or u also have to use the event gold b4 december?

Albeit its not exactly a question... it would be nice to know if they have plans to announce the impending removal of DQ in game for ALL to see.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • FataIity_ - Archosaur
    FataIity_ - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    siresi wrote: »
    That the DQ Rewards system will unfortunately b coming to an end and that we need to use our points before December, is clear now...

I used ma points for Demon/Sage Event Cards = 50 Gold at the Events tab in the Boutique.

My question is:
    I have used ma points but what is gonna happen with the Events tab Gold in the Boutique in December, is the tab and Gold still available?

WTB a GM/Dev to answer this question. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlya
    curlya Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    DQ points have NOTHING to do with event boutique..
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »

If you currently have points in the DQ Rewards system we ask that you use your points before December. The page will be disabled after we launch our new Arcgames.com website.

Would be cool if the dq rewards page worked.
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • AiIeana - Raging Tide
    AiIeana - Raging Tide Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Oh and another question. Are we still able to dual client when arc is mandatory? Like starting the client from the folder with elementclient?
    Malice Marshal and proud of it b:victory
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    From the news page about the arc thing:

It Will Still Be Possible to Launch Games Without Arc

This upcoming release of Arc will be an opportunity for players to test out the new features and designs, so please check out the new client and let us know what you think! Players who wish to launch their games through the existing launchers, without Arc, are welcome to do so while we continue to iterate on the Arc Client.
  • Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I was 25,000 away from the Golden Horse.
  • Falmont - Dreamweaver
    Falmont - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Not many comes on forums or check the news-blog etc.
    I don't normally come to forums but since now things are going totally crazy I have to check forums.
    The ZEN charging method change is a bit silly though. What if someone makes a large purchase and wanted to send it to several games? Before they could do that freely but this change is going to make them have to do multiple purchases instead.
    Good thing I play only pwi and it's only game i've interested. I have time only for one mmorpg at once. So I don't want arc to force advertising anything for me tyvm.

I completely agree with this. I decided to stop buying anymore zen since last new content, was it month ago? All that broken quests and missing npcs. Why should I buy and give any of my money untill it is fixed?
    "Is that a Pataka in your pants or are you just happy to see me?"
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    A mod/dev/gm answering the important questions would be awesome.

so far:

1-what will happen with rankings?

1. With any luck, they won't be back. The system is horribly flawed and the numbers were never accurate to begin with.

2. The only thing stopping with be your ability to get them with DQ points. They are still offered through other events.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ew Arc. You're really going to force us to use this ****, eh?

My words... ._.
    Seriously PWI! The Arc **** suuucks so much f:worry f:gross
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i have never seen a positive player feedback or post about the Arc system. why would a company insist on using a feature that every single player (customer) seems to hate passionately?

crazy thought here. why not leave the existing DQ rewards up until you find a replacement for it? the rage over it being taken away has been clearly screamed at you over and over. and yet you seem to ignore your customers and continue to remove it WITHOUT a replacement in place. we have all seen how fast your promises of fixing and replacing things happen. never.

i, for one, have no hope that the DQ rewards replacement will ever happen. let me remind all players that the reason the DQ rewards was put into place was because they took away value of NPCing DQ items. the rewards was to keep people from quitting over that. now they take away the rewards without giving back the value of DQ or having any sort of replacement reward. i say BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! get off your butts and make your players happy!! while you still have some!!!
This discussion has been closed.