All-Server Chit Chat Thread

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quessadilla. I think they are a little better...you can taste a little more of the bread imo and it works so well with regular cheeses (although my regular cheese is shredded pepper jack...)

The tortilla is really nice to be able to taste if you cook it in butter and it gets just the right texture. :3 (Well... I cook just about everything in butter [with some obvious exceptions like potstickers] if it's cooked in a pan and therefore needs something on the bottom so it doesn't stick.) I don't like butter put on things at all, like butter on bread tastes bad to me and it always perplexes me that people always think that's weird, but I very much like using it for cooking purposes :3
    although my regular cheese is shredded pepper jack...)
    <3

Edit:: You guys I keep having to shove all these image links in my posts D: 'cause askdgns
    Edits again:: Warui, I thought of you when I saw this post and wanted to let you see it, so here x3.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you know Chinese? O.O

Only a few characters. The compactness (is that a word?) of the language was always so fascinating.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *pops back in the non counting thread for a minute* Ven! That post that you made about the contractions is literally the very reason I do not use them. They confuse me so much! QQ Silly contractions. At some point I will learn how to use them properly but... It is not this day! This day we fight! (sorry for the LOTR channeling there. Sometimes it just happens)

Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *pops back in the non counting thread for a minute* Ven! That post that you made about the contractions is literally the very reason I do not use them. They confuse me so much! QQ Silly contractions. At some point I will learn how to use them properly but... It is not this day! This day we fight! (sorry for the LOTR channeling there. Sometimes it just happens)

I've never watched LOTR.
    edited May 2013
    I've never watched LOTR.

Fantasy is my favorite genre to read or watch and in this case I believe both book and film were done very well. They are both in English originally of you care to watch. I think it would be worth it if you are a fan of the genre. In my opinion the only fantasy series written better in English to date is Kushiel's Dart trilogy (the first one) although like Venus was doing for the movie I should note that Kushiel series not very... Kids friendly. Still. It was long and I only put it down to go to bed during a weekend of mine. If you read any I would suggest that series. I would love to be able to talk to other people about it! :3

EDIT: my forum time stamps all changed to my proper time zone time instead of being an hour off. Curious...

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Fantasy is my favorite genre to read or watch and in this case I believe both book and film were done very well. They are both in English originally of you care to watch. I think it would be worth it if you are a fan of the genre. In my opinion the only fantasy series written better in English to date is Kushiel's Dart trilogy (the first one) although like Venus was doing for the movie I should note that Kushiel series not very... Kids friendly. Still. It was long and I only put it down to go to bed during a weekend of mine. If you read any I would suggest that series. I would love to be able to talk to other people about it! :3

EDIT: my forum time stamps all changed to my proper time zone time instead of being an hour off. Curious...

Unwind is best trilogy!
    edited May 2013
    Unwind is best trilogy!

Phedre Delauney is best! (Heroine in Kushiel's Dart)

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    What's your favorite junk food?

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2013

pocky sticks. Please that was not even a question. Followed by sour patch kids and chocolate tied for second.

• Pandapple - Raging Tide
    Pandapple - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Chewy chocolate chips cookies if I'm in the mood for chocolate. Jolly ranchers if I'm in the mood for fruity sweet stuff.
    Kitty also known as Tsukyini

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    CHOCOLLATTTEEEEEEEEE ;-;

Oh how much I want some chocolate right now!
    (but because Veni can't eat it I'm going to say I don't actually have a favorite food, although I am a fan of pastas + wine, soups ( LOVVVEE soup like... so so so so much) chicken dishes are nice, and I could go on and on but I won't.. xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I think it's pretty obvious mine are cookies. I also like all manner of baked sweets as my fave junk food. Well most things sweet really. Another one of my absolute faves is
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/puerto-rican-tostones-fried-plantains/ which are sooo delicious.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    I think it's pretty obvious mine are cookies. I also like all manner of baked sweets as my fave junk food. Well most things sweet really. Another one of my absolute faves is
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/puerto-rican-tostones-fried-plantains/ which are sooo delicious.

Yeahhhhh I figured that.
  • bolocactu
    bolocactu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, did you guys know I'm a cool kid?
    I might be black
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    CHOCOLLATTTEEEEEEEEE ;-;

Oh how much I want some chocolate right now!
    (but because Veni can't eat it I'm going to say I don't actually have a favorite food, although I am a fan of pastas + wine, soups ( LOVVVEE soup like... so so so so much) chicken dishes are nice, and I could go on and on but I won't.. xD)

...d'aw, that was sweet. x3 Thank you for thinking of me.
    I actually haven't had any soups in a while...

--wha, plantains, really :3! That's kinda neat... [I don't know why I think it's neat that you like them Venu I just dooo~]

I'm sorry that you were stored in the freezer, Cactu. >:

Faux food, eumm... je ne sais pas? 'x3?
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013

...d'aw, that was sweet. x3 Thank you for thinking of me.
    I actually haven't had any soups in a while...

--wha, plantains, really :3! That's kinda neat... [I don't know why I think it's neat that you like them Venu I just dooo~]

I'm sorry that you were stored in the freezer, Cactu. >:

Faux food, eumm... je ne sais pas? 'x3?

:D. <3
    My mum makes the best pumpkin soups.. like omg.. *drools*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    :D. <3
    My mum makes the best pumpkin soups.. like omg.. *drools*

Wh-- pumpkin soups...?
    The name seems very mildily familiar.... sounds tasty. :3
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I like pumpkin seeds

Decus, why you delete your post? >:o
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013

Wh-- pumpkin soups...?
    The name seems very mildily familiar.... sounds tasty. :3

O_O You've never had pumpkin soup?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    O_O You've never had pumpkin soup?!

I... eum... don't think so?
    I've never had horse, either...
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013

I... eum... don't think so?
    I've never had horse, either...

I can understand never having horse, since... that's like horrible.. ._. and I love horses and oh gawd, no, so bad D:!
    But pumpkin soup!? that's like one of the most common winter soups... it's so good ;-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    I can understand never having horse, since... that's like horrible.. ._. and I love horses and oh gawd, no, so bad D:!
    But pumpkin soup!? that's like one of the most common winter soups... it's so good ;-;

<-- Also never had pumpkin soup. But it does sound good. Maybe I can go out and buy some tonight to try...

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

PFffff winter? What's winter? I live in a desert, remember? x3

o_o Why is eating the flesh that was once the body of a life worse than eating another flesh that was, also, once the body of a life. [I mean you gave the impression with that comment that you didn't eat horse because of emotional reasons but ate other meats, unless I'm mistaken, then sorry x3] I mean unless they taste worse or don't digest as well. Like I'd never eat a dog because they smell absoluteily putrid and that leads me to believe that they would also taste terrible.
    Mehhh if I were to ever go and find pumpkin soup, it would probabily not even be home-made so therefore not count D:!
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    <-- Also never had pumpkin soup. But it does sound good. Maybe I can go out and buy some tonight to try...

It has to be good pumpkin soup! or your first try will be ruined D: And it's great with Turkish toast and sour cream/yoghurt <3

PFffff winter? What's winter? I live in a desert, remember? x3

o_o Why is eating the flesh that was once the body of a life worse than eating another flesh that was, also, once the body of a life. [I mean you gave the impression with that comment that you didn't eat horse because of emotional reasons but ate other meats, unless I'm mistaken, then sorry x3] I mean unless they taste worse or don't digest as well. Like I'd never eat a dog because they smell absoluteily putrid and that leads me to believe that they would also taste terrible.
    Mehhh if I were to ever go and find pumpkin soup, it would probabily not even be home-made so therefore not count D:!

<forgets you live there all the time ._.
    I also try not to think about the fact that I'm eating something that was once living when I eat it >.> (Yes I know, majorly in denial) But, there is something just so... beautiful about a horse.. that the thought of butchering it up and eating it just makes me feel horrible :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <forgets you live there all the time ._.
    I also try not to think about the fact that I'm eating something that was once living when I eat it >.> (Yes I know, majorly in denial) But, there is something just so... beautiful about a horse.. that the thought of butchering it up and eating it just makes me feel horrible :x

How are other animals different, then? They're uglier and thus deserve to be food?

I mean, people eat veal all the time and those are baby cows. I don't understand the taboo on eating some things and not others. Either you eat everything, cute and majestic, or you eat none of it.

ffs every time I decide to not look in here, something baits me in this damn thread...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    How are other animals different, then? They're uglier and thus deserve to be food?

I mean, people eat veal all the time and those are baby cows. I don't understand the taboo on eating some things and not others. Either you eat everything, cute and majestic, or you eat none of it.

Well, I used to ride horses, I know how extremely intelligent they are and have a certain affinity with them.
    +As it is I currently only eat chicken/fish/turkey (white meats) And am considering going vegetarian... (maybe)
    But just on intelligence alone the difference between say a fish and a horse is massive. How someone can kill/cook and eat something that is so intelligent is beyond my understanding, When you can actually talk to a horse and they will respond to your gestures, emotions and directions, you can tell they are there 100% and even though they cannot communicate to us in the same way we can communicate to each other they can still talk to us in their own special way.

Now, you try communicating to a fish, or a chicken, would be as if talking to yourself, or a brick wall.
    There are amazing stories of horses showing emotion, and compassion, they have the ability to be protective and form unbreakable bonds.
    Unlike... say... a fish.

Hehehehe... Welcome to the fun of the off topic discussion Decus, enjoy your stay :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Well, I used to ride horses, I know how extremely intelligent they are and have a certain affinity with them.
    +As it is I currently only eat chicken/fish/turkey (white meats) And am considering going vegetarian... (maybe)
    But just on intelligence alone the difference between say a fish and a horse is massive. How someone can kill/cook and eat something that is so intelligent is beyond my understanding, When you can actually talk to a horse and they will respond to your gestures, emotions and directions, you can tell they are there 100% and even though they cannot communicate to us in the same way we can communicate to each other they can still talk to us in their own special way.

Now, you try communicating to a fish, or a chicken, would be as if talking to yourself, or a brick wall.
    There are amazing stories of horses showing emotion, and compassion, they have the ability to be protective and form unbreakable bonds.
    Unlike... say... a fish.

Hehehehe... Welcome to the fun of the off topic discussion Decus, enjoy your stay :3

Non-mammals are not unintelligent by design (there are some biological brain structure differences, though, yes). Squids are one of the more intelligent/capable animals, for example. You have no way whatsoever to prove how intelligent the animals are that you cannot communicate with. Determining intelligence only by how willing an animal is willing to humour things thrown at them by the human species is silly, as well as is saying that the only intelligence there is is that which can be understood and standardized by humans. (I'm not arguing that horses aren't intelligent like you say they are, I'm just saying that how they express intelligence is not the only way it can exist)
    I'm afraid I don't understand where you're going by that white meat versus red meat argument...? OTL

And Warui is a fish D:!!!

D'awwh. Sorry, Decusy x3
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013

Non-mammals are not unintelligent by design (there are some biological brain structure differences, though, yes). Squids are one of the more intelligent/capable animals, for example. You have no way whatsoever to prove how intelligent the animals are that you cannot communicate with. Determining intelligence only by how willing an animal is willing to humour things thrown at them by the human species is silly, as well as is saying that the only intelligence there is is that which can be understood and standardized by humans.
    I'm afraid I don't understand where you're going by that white meat versus red meat argument...? OTL

And Warui is a fish D:!!!

D'awwh. Sorry, Decusy x3

I was responding to Decus's "you either eat it all or you eat none" comment, showing that I only do eat the non- "majestic and cute" animals.
    Also, I never said anything about non-mammals not being intelligent, I agree with you on the way that humans judge intelligence though. >_>'
    -Actually my opinion on the general human population is along the lines that they actually have less personality/intelligence.. than a fish (Warui excluded). That is a little harsh, but there are a lot of dumb, selfish ****s out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't matter how intelligent something is when it's alive, once it's dead it's dead. That intelligence is gone. I have no issue with eating horse, beef, fish, whatever as long as it tastes good and isn't going to cause any health issues. We, like other animals, are meant to survive however we can. We have teeth specifically for eating meat, why go against evolution yo?
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't matter how intelligent something is when it's alive, once it's dead it's dead. That intelligence is gone. I have no issue with eating horse, beef, fish, whatever as long as it tastes good and isn't going to cause any health issues. We, like other animals, are meant to survive however we can. We have teeth specifically for eating meat, why go against evolution yo?

Actually Zambie, you're wrong, humans are naturally herbivores. We're NOT designed to eat meat at all, In-fact a lot of health problems are created by eating too much meat that our body is not designed to process.
    -And, you actually have to kill something for it to be dead, now tell me honestly that you'd be okay with walking out into a paddock, calling a horse to you (calling it because they respond to communication), slaughtering it, then stripping the carcase of all it's edible product then cooking it up and eating it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]