All-Server Chit Chat Thread

Comments

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually Zambie, you're wrong, humans are naturally herbivores. We're NOT designed to eat meat at all, In-fact a lot of health problems are created by eating too much meat that our body is not designed to process.
    -And, you actually have to kill something for it to be dead, now tell me honestly that you'd be okay with walking out into a paddock, calling a horse to you (calling it because they respond to communication), slaughtering it, then stripping the carcase of all it's edible product then cooking it up and eating it.

Sure we are, we gots meat eatin' teeth. MEET EATIN' TEETH I SAYS.

And yeah, I'd be fine. I mean, I personally don't have the knowledge to do that, but I'd be fine eating a horse so long as no health issues are caused as a result of eating the meat. And it doesn't taste absolutely horrible.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually Zambie, you're wrong, humans are naturally herbivores. We're NOT designed to eat meat at all, In-fact a lot of health problems are created by eating too much meat that our body is not designed to process.
    -And, you actually have to kill something for it to be dead, now tell me honestly that you'd be okay with walking out into a paddock, calling a horse to you (calling it because they respond to communication), slaughtering it, then stripping the carcase of all it's edible product then cooking it up and eating it.

....?
    Humans are omnivores, but their system is used for digesting something that no other animal uses it for-- cooked meat. Therefore it looks more like an herbivorous system than an omnivorous system... and it slightily compromised... and is meant more to augment the diet with meats/animal products (like eggs) than to consume it as the main portions of meals, otherwise it can't pull everything out of it (since it's cooked... and because the system is so long, if it was uncooked, it'd probabily start rotting somewhere still in-system). Unfortunantily most people eat waaaay more meat than their body can handle and therefore don't get that much out of it... if humans were truly herbivores, then they'd probabily get genuineily sick after eating any meat, cooked or uncooked. Which seems to only happens to people with really weird digestive track family history like me OTL that doesn't happen to most people.

It always bothers me that, when people look at the human disgestive system, they overlook the very important point that the meat that's consumed is cooked.... there's a reason that carnivores (like cats) won't eat cooked meat, they can't get anything out of it. Their system isn't long enough or equipped to digest it or whatnot.

Zheii, dear, when humans hunted, they didn't call animals to them.... they would do endurance running, aka chase the animal for hours until it collapsed from utter exhaustion, and then killed it with their tools.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure we are, we gots meat eatin' teeth. MEET EATIN' TEETH I SAYS.

And yeah, I'd be fine. I mean, I personally don't have the knowledge to do that, but I'd be fine eating a horse so long as no health issues are caused as a result of eating the meat. And it doesn't taste absolutely horrible.

We don't have meat eating teeth Zambie. 'xD
    That is why we have to use implements such as knifes and forks to cut everything before we eat it.
    Meat eating teeth would be something like:
    cheetah-teeth-1307955856.jpgthis.

And I don't think you actually understand the implications of taking a life if you think that you'd be okay, looking into (using the same example) a horses bright reflective eyes and then shooting it in the head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    That is why we have to use implements such as knifes and forks to cut everything before we eat it.

And I don't think you actually understand the implications of taking a life if you think that you'd be okay, looking into (using the same example) a horses bright reflective eyes and then shooting it in the head.

Zheii.... Zheii the teeth behind the canines on that cheetah are exactily the same general type of teeth humans have on the side of their mouths. I mean, as much as cheetah to human denture type can get, anyway.
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

Uh.. we use utensils because cooked meat is hot. It hurts to hold in our hands, can be messy, and it's easier to but it into manageable chunks. Our teeth are perfectly capable of tearing threw meat as they are at crushing vegetables. We have canines and incisors, which are the teach uses to tear through flesh and muscle, they aren't as big as most carnivores but we do have them. Dem molars can grind it on up too. We're plant eating, meat eating, everything eating machines. This is pretty basic stuff.

I understand the implications fully, but life is a game of survival. As humans we don't have to worry very much about that, it's pretty much taken care for us, but at its core life is all about survival of the fittest. If it came down to me or the horse, I'm eating the horse. Knowing that under those circumstances I'd have no hesitation I see no reason to hesitate in a normal situation. I'd eat it if it came down to it, what's the big deal about eating it to sustain myself? It's the same situation under a less extreme circumstance, eating for survival.

I never said anything about shooting it in the head, only about eating it. However, like I just stated... if it came down to me or the horse, I pick me.
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like Ven for the most part I get sick if I eat any other meat than fish or like... Maybe a tiny amount of chicken. (tiny)

... But humans are designed for meat on the average. My body is just weird and broken. Eating horse meat obviously is not for you because it produces an empathetic reaction (which also cannot just be logic bombarded away) But act hunan is capable and really should not hold themselves back from it if they wish to try in my pinion. But I am weird like that. Probably too used to cooking meat for my husband and Ashley D:
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013

....?
    Humans are omnivores, but their system is used for digesting something that no other animal uses it for-- cooked meat. Therefore it looks more like an herbivorous system than an omnivorous system... and it slightily compromised... and is meant more to augment the diet with meats/animal products (like eggs) than to consume it as the main portions of meals, otherwise it can't pull everything out of it (since it's cooked... and because the system is so long, if it was uncooked, it'd probabily start rotting somewhere still in-system). Unfortunantily most people eat waaaay more meat than their body can handle and therefore don't get that much out of it... if humans were truly herbivores, then they'd probabily get genuineily sick after eating any meat, cooked or uncooked. Which seems to only happens to people with really weird digestive track family history like me OTL that doesn't happen to most people.
    It always bothers me that, when people look at the human disgestive system, they overlook the very important point that the meat that's consumed is cooked.... there's a reason that carnivores (like cats) won't eat cooked meat, they can't get anything out of it. Their system isn't long enough or equipped to digest it or whatnot.

Zheii, dear, when humans hunted, they didn't call animals to them.... they would do endurance running, aka chase the animal for hours until it collapsed from utter exhaustion, and then killed it with their tools.

We are 'currently' omnivorous, but our bodily structure is naturally herbivorous.
    And I am well aware of how humans used to hunt. But, I was using that example for Zambie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So that's okay for a fish or squid then? I mean, if that's bad then dumping something alive in boiling water is pretty bad too, right? Or hell, what about purposefully chopping bits of flesh up to eat that are non-essential to life so that you can watch your food squirm around while you poke at it? I don't have an issue with people that like to eat meat, nor do I have a problem with people that don't. I do have a problem with people that ascribe to the mentality that it's okay to kill some things because they are ugly and not others because they are {insert positive adjective}.

Hehehehe... Welcome to the fun of the off topic discussion Decus, enjoy your stay :3

No thanks.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Darn. Decus said about the same thing I wanted to say while I was making food (burgers, coincidentally).

I don't see why people have such issue with what other people eat or don't eat. It's their body, not yours. I don't care if you want to be a vegetarian or eat moon dust, that's your choice and your body. I don't feel as if I need to feel empathy or pity for an animal or let that prevent me from eating it. It's dead, there's no bringing it back to life, if I have the opportunity why shouldn't I benefit from the sustenance it can provide?

Know what else responds to communication? Bears, cheetahs, lions, various other carnivores that would devour you without so much as a second though. One could argue that it's because they lack intelligence and that's how they survive, but see, while they survive through hunting and killing prey humans survive by using their intelligence. Of course, that's also the very thing allowing you to feel such emotion for "intelligent" animals. Humans place too much value on intelligence, animals are animals. Eat or be eaten, survive or die. That's how the world works.

Horse, cow, chicken, fish, squid, dolphin whatever. They're animals. You eat them or you die.

By the way, strict vegetarians end up malnourished because we aren't meant to sustain ourselves solely on vegetables and fruits. We need protein. Which we get from meat. We're meat eaters.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Uh.. we use utensils because cooked meat is hot. It hurts to hold in our hands, can be messy, and it's easier to but it into manageable chunks. Our teeth are perfectly capable of tearing threw meat as they are at crushing vegetables. We have canines and incisors, which are the teach uses to tear through flesh and muscle, they aren't as big as most carnivores but we do have them. Dem molars can grind it on up too. We're plant eating, meat eating, everything eating machines. This is pretty basic stuff.

I understand the implications fully, but life is a game of survival. As humans we don't have to worry very much about that, it's pretty much taken care for us, but at its core life is all about survival of the fittest. If it came down to me or the horse, I'm eating the horse. Knowing that under those circumstances I'd have no hesitation I see no reason to hesitate in a normal situation. I'd eat it if it came down to it, what's the big deal about eating it to sustain myself? It's the same situation under a less extreme circumstance, eating for survival.

I never said anything about shooting it in the head, only about eating it. However, like I just stated... if it came down to me or the horse, I pick me.

CHsiteVEG.jpg
    I wasn't talking if it was your last resort, if it was the horse or you, I was talking about just using it was day-to-day food.
    Imagine if every time you've eaten cow or pig, you had to kill that animal, would you still be so keen to eat it?

So that's okay for a fish or squid then? I mean, if that's bad then dumping something alive in boiling water is pretty bad too, right? Or hell, what about purposefully chopping bits of flesh up to eat that are non-essential to life so that you can watch your food squirm around while you poke at it? I don't have an issue with people that like to eat meat, nor do I have a problem with people that don't. I do have a problem with people that ascribe to the mentality that it's okay to kill some things because they are ugly and not others because they are {insert positive adjective}.

No thanks.

Decus... I never implied that I have a problem with eating something because it is cute/etc. they where your own words.
    The reason I don't eat red meat is because you then take on the karma of that animal within eating it.
    Call me crazy, or call it bull****, whatever, it's what i believe, it's what I've been taught since I was a young girl, I believe in karma, and yes animals having karma, humans are animals, if we have karma then why can't cows or pigs have karma too?

I also never said that it was okay for any other animal to be eaten/boiled whatever, If I could get away with just eating veges and get all the nutrients i need, i would. But the sad fact is, that commercially grown foods no-longer have these essential proteins and vitamins that we need to survive.
    So to get these things we have to turn to meats. (or massive amount of vitamin or mineral supplements that are usually in to raw a form for our bodies to digest and get any benefit from)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Okay good, someone else got the thousandth post. I didn't want the first K mark on the nonsense thread. x3
    By the way, strict vegetarians end up malnourished because we aren't meant to sustain ourselves solely on vegetables and fruits. We need protein. Which we get from meat. We're meat eaters.
    If by strict vegetarian you actually mean vegans who eat no animal proteins whatsoever, then yes, this is medically true. Even by making a very conscious effort to make up for it with beans and nuts and wnatnot which are high in protein, that is not animal protein, which is something the human body just needs at least traces of, because of how it expends its own resources... I think (this is just by recall so bear with me) that these vegans end up with about 80%? of the nourishment they need.
    Not saying that people who aren't vegans take perfect care of their bodies, that's clearily not true.... but in a controlled situation.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    CHsiteVEG.jpg
    I wasn't talking if it was your last resort, if it was the horse or you, I was talking about just using it was day-to-day food.
    Imagine if every time you've eaten cow or pig, you had to kill that animal, would you still be so keen to eat it?

Yup. Bacon's just that tasty. I stated that I'd eat it as everyday food, if you'd re-read my posts. The beautiful thing about being human is that other people do that for you. I don't have to kill or skin a horse. I don't have to find the useful parts of it. Even if I did, with the proper knowledge I see no issue in doing it, but I don't have to. I'd still eat it. It's an animal. We aren't above the laws of nature just because we're human, we still have to survive.

I'm not saying I'd enjoy killing animals, but I'm certainly not going to deny myself a meal just because "OH MY GOD IT WAS ONCE ALIVE!!!". Plants were once alive, if you want to get technical, yet you have no issue eating them.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Darn. Decus said about the same thing I wanted to say while I was making food (burgers, coincidentally).

I don't see why people have such issue with what other people eat or don't eat. It's their body, not yours. I don't care if you want to be a vegetarian or eat moon dust, that's your choice and your body. I don't feel as if I need to feel empathy or pity for an animal or let that prevent me from eating it. It's dead, there's no bringing it back to life, if I have the opportunity why shouldn't I benefit from the sustenance it can provide?

Know what else responds to communication? Bears, cheetahs, lions, various other carnivores that would devour you without so much as a second though. One could argue that it's because they lack intelligence and that's how they survive, but see, while they survive through hunting and killing prey humans survive by using their intelligence. Of course, that's also the very thing allowing you to feel such emotion for "intelligent" animals. Humans place too much value on intelligence, animals are animals. Eat or be eaten, survive or die. That's how the world works.

Horse, cow, chicken, fish, squid, dolphin whatever. They're animals. You eat them or you die.

You know what else is an animal Zambie? The Human. Shall I eat them too? Oh wait, us "humans" in our "intelligence" called that "cannibalism" and then put the label of "taboo" on it. So.. therefore I can't do it?
    Wait no... it's just morally wrong (according to... who?)
    And all those people who are vegan or vegetarians are now dying? this is news to me o_o.
    With todays technology we have other way of getting protein other than just eating meat, ijs.

Also: @your latest post
    ...there are things called... idk, fruit and veg? You don't have to kill/eat an animal to have a 'meal'
    -plants have the ability to re-grow what we take from them, eg: an apple off an apple tree, it's just going to grow more, but if we cut off a big chunk of meat from a cow it's not going to "re-grow" it. in truth it's probably going to die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

Decus... I never implied that I have a problem with eating something because it is cute/etc. they where your own words.
    The reason I don't eat red meat is because you then take on the karma of that animal within eating it.

Call me crazy, or call it bull****, whatever, it's what i believe, it's what I've been taught since I was a young girl, I believe in karma, and yes animals having karma, humans are animals, if we have karma then why can't cows or pigs have karma too?

So to get these things we have to turn to meats. (or massive amount of vitamin or mineral supplements that are usually in to raw a form for our bodies to digest and get any benefit from)

People who live on farms and eat their pigs do that all the time. And have done that for.... a really long time.

"if we have karma then why can't cows or pigs or fish or chickens or slugs or flies or ____(insert other animals here) have karma too?"
    I.... I don't understand? Why is it not all animals, then? Why is it fundementally different? Why aren't they equal?

Oooh the third thing! That reminds me of one time, I was eating a multi-vitamin, and I had just gotten up, and I chewed it instead of swallowing it whole because I wanted to.... and because it was way too much for my body to absorb at once, it actually made me feel really sick and I actually threw up like three minutes later >: And I mean if I throw up it was like really really really really bad.

Eating humans is taboo....? Never saw the difference myself. x3 I'm pretty sure there's health issues associated with it, though...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    You know what else is an animal Zambie? The Human. Shall I eat them too? Oh wait, us "humans" in our "intelligence" called that "cannibalism" and then put the label of "taboo" on it. So.. therefore I can't do it?
    Wait no... it's just morally wrong (according to... who?)
    And all those people who are vegan or vegetarians are now dying? this is news to me o_o.
    With todays technology we have other way of getting protein other than just eating meat, ijs.

Morals are a byproduct of intelligence, humans frown upon eating other humans because we're "better" than other animals. We aren't. There's no difference between human, horse, lion, gazelle, or anything else. All animals have special qualities, ours is intelligence. While it's a very special trait, we're still just animals. Eating another human isn't wrong according to nature, but according to humans it is.

Notice that you say with technology. Technology. An unnatural source. Just because we can produce alternate ways to obtain protein does not mean we were naturally meant to go without it. Vegetarians have to get their protein via tofu or other non-meat sources, which are artificially created with the technology available due to our intelligence. The very thing that keeps you from wanting to eat animals.

You NEED protein, meat gives protein. We're meant to consume them. Regardless of technology and its ability to allow humans who choose to do so to bypass that, the fact remains that humans require protein to be healthy. The only efficient natural source of that is meat.

Also: @your latest post
    ...there are things called... idk, fruit and veg? You don't have to kill/eat an animal to have a 'meal'
    -plants have the ability to re-grow what we take from them, eg: an apple off an apple tree, it's just going to grow more, but if we cut off a big chunk of meat from a cow it's not going to "re-grow" it. in truth it's probably going to die.

Alright, go eat nothing but vegetables and fruit. Only drink water. Nothing can come from animals. Let's see how long you last. No really, do it. I'm curious. Without artificial sources of protein your body won't be able to sustain itself very well. Humans need meat.

Do the alalalalala
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013

People who live on farms and eat their pigs do that all the time. And have done that for.... a really long time.

"if we have karma then why can't cows or pigs or fish or chickens or slugs or flies or ____(insert other animals here) have karma too?"
    I.... I don't understand? Why is it not all animals, then? Why is it fundementally different? Why aren't they equal?

Oooh the third thing! That reminds me of one time, I was eating a multi-vitamin, and I had just gotten up, and I chewed it instead of swallowing it whole because I wanted to.... and because it was way too much for my body to absorb at once, it actually made me feel really sick and I actually threw up like three minutes later >: And I mean if I throw up it was like really really really really bad.

Of course, all animals have karma to some degree, but, compare the karma of let's say a fly, who lives for... a couple weeks? (idk the life span of a fly I'm just assuming ._.) and then compare it to the karma of a dog or a cow who can live like 15yrs+
    Who is going to have more karma? xD'
    And that sounds unpleasant D:

Notice that you say with technology. Technology. An unnatural source. Just because we can produce alternate ways to obtain protein does not mean we were naturally meant to go without it. Vegetarians have to get their protein via tofu or other non-meat sources, which are artificially created with the technology available due to our intelligence. The very thing that keeps you from wanting to eat animals.

You NEED protein, meat gives protein. We're meant to consume them. Regardless of technology and its ability to allow humans who choose to do so to bypass that, the fact remains that humans require protein to be healthy. The only efficient natural source of that is meat.

Alright, go eat nothing but vegetables and fruit. Only drink water. Nothing can come from animals. Let's see how long you last. No really, do it. I'm curious. Without artificial sources of protein your body won't be able to sustain itself very well. Humans need meat.

There are things called: Nuts/Legumes/Soy/etc
    Along with animal by-products such as Eggs/Milk/Cheese/Yoghurt (which involve no actual death of anything)
    And none of the above are "artificially created"
    I do believe that if you eat enough of these things you don't need to eat meat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    Of course, all animals have karma to some degree, but, compare the karma of let's say a fly, who lives for... a couple weeks? (idk the life span of a fly I'm just assuming ._.) and then compare it to the karma of a dog or a cow who can live like 15yrs+
    Who is going to have more karma? xD'
    And that sounds unpleasant D:

There are things called: Nuts/Legumes/Soy/etc
    Along with animal by-products such as Eggs/Milk/Cheese/Yoghurt (which involve no actual death of anything)
    And none of the above are "artificially created"
    I do believe that if you eat enough of these things you don't need to eat meat.
    Yeah flies have a lifespan, on average, of about two weeks. So you're saying the karma comes from the MLP (Maximum Life Potential not ponies oh my gosh x3), not the actual life lived (since that would exclude veal from having karma therefore)? It seems a little sad to me, but if that is the back-up behind the karma argument, then I won't disrespect that. Not that I have to agree, but I won't outright disrespect it.
    It was really unpleasant. D:

Ewwww milk is so gross. x3 And Zanny meant if you weren't eating any animal proteins. Eggs and milk still have animal proteins in them, which is why they're so important. Granted, milk isn't really something that organism are even supposed to consume after they're weaned.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    This is how much protein different foods give.

This how how much we need.(weight in kilograms/pounds divided by .8 and .37 respectively)

That's a lot of eggs and nuts.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

This how how much we need.(weight in kilograms/pounds divided by .8 and .37 respectively)

No oysters?! D: That's a really incomplete list!
    --but the general message is there I guess....
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    What the heck did I walk into?

Good thing you guys don't eat cats.

(inb4 something, goodnight :3)
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013

*goes to look up something in rebuttal, then doesn't cause I couldn't bothered* 'xD
    Krisnda wrote: »
    What the heck did I walk into?

Good thing you guys don't eat cats.

(inb4 something, goodnight :3)

You honestly don't want to know what this is xD, and Nini Krissy :D<3
    sleep well! :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    *goes to look up something in rebuttal, then doesn't cause I couldn't bothered* 'xD

All I had to do was type "protein for meat" in google and that came up. Not really difficult at all.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    All I had to do was type "protein for meat" in google and that came up. Not really difficult at all.

I'm cold, hungry and tired, I just want cuddles and soup. I'm sick of having to think of arguments against you. *continues on despite saying this*
    Also, that list of things with protien in it is EXTREMELY insufficent, there are so many more foods that have large amounts of protein in them.
    For example: Spirulina.
    ~just look at the sheer amounts of protein in that super food and tell me you still need meat :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    I'm cold, hungry and tired, I just want cuddles and soup. I'm sick of having to think of arguments against you. *continues on despite saying this*
    Also, that list of things with protien in it is EXTREMELY insufficent, there are so many more foods that have large amounts of protein in them.
    For example: Spirulina.
    ~just look at the sheer amounts of protein in that super food and tell me you still need meat :P

Oooh one whole food.

That's not much of an argument.

I want hot chocolate.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013
    I'm cold, hungry and tired, I just want cuddles and soup.
    I..... *brings a bowl of cabbage soup, gives a blanket and snuggles with*

Also, kewl. :3 Just remember that not all protein is the same, just like how not all fats are the same (polypeptide, monopeptide, saturated, unsaturated, trans... lots of different types. And they all do different things/we need different amounts of them-- only getting one type isn't good enough. ...probabily could go without trans fats, though. Since they're mono fats made into poly fats artificially, if I remember correctily.)

• Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2013
    Oooh one whole food.

That's not much of an argument.

I want hot chocolate.

Actually it is. A couple of spoons of this a day and you basically have your whole protein in-take, and if you combine it with eggs/nuts and a few other protein rich foods you have no need for meat at all.
    And I have Pods! :D

I..... *brings a bowl of cabbage soup, gives a blanket and snuggles with*

Also, kewl. :3 Just remember that not all protein is the same, just like how not all fats are the same (polypeptide, monopeptide, saturated, unsaturated, trans... lots of different types. And they all do different things/we need different amounts of them-- only getting one type isn't good enough. ...probabily could go without trans fats, though. Since they're mono fats made into poly fats artificially, if I remember correctily.)

:D!! *snuggles with Veni* ":3 thanks!

And Veni... you know too much stuffs @_@&quot;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2013

:D!! *snuggles with Veni* ":3 thanks!

And Veni... you know too much stuffs @_@&quot;

I am just more knowledgeable than most in several fields. :3 All persons should be that way with something~
    And you are welcome x3.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    -snipped because my post is long enough-

Yes but your argument, and many pro-vegetarianism arguments, are insisting that this is the natural way to get proteins. But multivitamins are not a natural source, you don't go mining and come across a rich vein of flintstones chewables. Also, pointing to other foods in nature also doesn't work. Since humans live in a wide variety of regions, many of which do not naturally have those types of plants. Transportation of those foods would be impossible in natural circumstances, because cars, boats, cooling systems, etc are all man-made inventions. Horses and other animals used for transportation help bridge that gap but it can only do so much. In the past this meant you only ate the food growing in your region, and not all people had access to plants as protein packed as that. Humanity has congregated where it has for a reason, the same reason all other animals congregate where they have, for the food. Nature isn't stupid, it didn't make us the only species on the entire planet that required food it couldn't eat using it's natural surroundings. Vegan is not the natural state of the human body, otherwise they would not need supplements. They would be able to eat only locally grown (and native) produce and nothing else, and have all the nutrients they need. Often times they go for things that easy to access even if not locally grown and multivitamins and end up just as healthy as the people who eat meat. But that's thanks to human inventions and techonology, not nature. Our molars are pointed and meant for shearing meat. Over time they have gotten smaller as the need for meat has lessened. The homo in this picture is cavemen, our teeth have gotten smaller and smaller since that time. The one in the right is that lucy missing link tooth. Homo needed meat, which is our ancestor. :P

dn4122-1_250.jpg

I don't see why any of that matters though. It's human instinct to just **** in a bush or something too, but we train our babies not to do that and use toilets because it's more sanitary and better for us. We've used our tools and technology to live longer than we ever did with just nature alone. Why is it okay to eat meat just because it's a natural instinct? But not okay to say **** wherever you want, and fight (or flee) when you get angry? All of those are also natural instincts, but by modifying those instincts through culture and tools, we've changed our behavior for the better and people are living longer as a result. A lot of vegans are health conscious, and perhaps by focusing more on healthier living and where our foods come from we could also be healthier. Would that not be a good thing for society? What makes meat eating so sacred compared to other behaviors, culture and technology has modified? Meat eating has been rendered completely unnecessary in many, many countries. Which also brings to mind the moral question of whether or not people should be killing other living creatures purely for enjoyment. After all, a steak while tasty is not necessary to your survival. You can get your protein from many other sources. So if you don't need it to survive, you're killing it because you want enjoyment out of your meals. It's a rather fair question. Is meat eating murder? After all we don't say someone who killed someone else for survival, self-defense situation is a murder. If it's him or you type of situation, you wont be labeled a murderer. That's reserved for people who kill for enjoyment, or because they felt like it, or because they hated that person etc. Why doesn't the same standard apply to other living creatures? If it's not for your survival (it's the animal or you) and you kill the creature anyway, why shouldn't that also count? That's a moral question and such there is no right or wrong answer.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello, everyone~

I doubt many, if any, remember me - I used to play daily for about...2.5 years, then quit. I was somewhat active on the forums (oldtimers may remember my obnoxious pink text from my earliest days, LOL!).

I have decided to download PWI again, to see how things are in-game, because my other games currently do not appeal to me right now. PWI was my first MMO love, and quite frankly, I was pretty addicted to it for those first 2.5 years, heh.

Hope to see you guys in-game soon =)
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I remember your sig xD, have fun!