So, you want to ini edit your character?

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    beizu wrote: »
    Wonderful thread!
    I am overwhelmed by all the customization options. I am slowly reading through this entire thread (and others). This is really helpful, thank you!

Does anyone have a reference or guide they use for proportions? Or is it just intuition? I've been reading through the "rate my character" thread, and proportions is something that is brought up often. And I know that customizing your character is all about what you like, but I think reading up on this would be interesting.

What I mean to ask is if there's a guide out there telling you something like:
    "Don't use X for eyes unless you have B face, they're too wide". Or "The horizontal distance of your face must be 1.25x the size of your eye length." (yes I'm making this up)

Well I don't know about others but I try to use similar proportions as you'd fine IRL or when drawing. There are many tutorials on how to draw faces and they can give you a good eye for well proportioned faces with the ini toons as well. In addition, a lot of it is simple intuition. Or looking for minor details. For example if you like wider eyes, it may help to increase the eyeball size to match it so it doesn't look the the eyelids are being held back.

http://drawsketch.about.com/library/weekly/aa121202a.htm

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my new look but i think fail to make him same kirito X.X , still need buy black coat

521848_478850985497313_572220299_n.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory
  • spasam1
    spasam1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for this it was so helpful! ;')b:thanks
  • Jessepinkman - Raging Tide
    Jessepinkman - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Guys how can I give my seeker light facial hair?Dont say its impossible,my fac mate has it,but forgot how to do it. Please can u tell me in details how to put bm light fac.hair on a seeker?
    thnx so muchb:victory
  • DoggyStylin - Sanctuary
    DoggyStylin - Sanctuary Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Guys how can I give my seeker light facial hair?Dont say its impossible,my fac mate has it,but forgot how to do it. Please can u tell me in details how to put bm light fac.hair on a seeker?
    thnx so muchb:victory

I do believe this is what you are looking for.

idFaceTex = 1078
  • beizu
    beizu Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    Well I don't know about others but I try to use similar proportions as you'd fine IRL or when drawing. There are many tutorials on how to draw faces and they can give you a good eye for well proportioned faces with the ini toons as well. In addition, a lot of it is simple intuition. Or looking for minor details. For example if you like wider eyes, it may help to increase the eyeball size to match it so it doesn't look the the eyelids are being held back.

http://drawsketch.about.com/library/weekly/aa121202a.htm

Thanks! Glad to know that it will translate well into the game. I just need to practice now.
    Sorry for the late reply. b:thanks
    edited February 2013
    I do believe this is what you are looking for.

idFaceTex = 1078

NOT rlly,this was what I wanted:
    [Moustache]
    idMoustacheTex = 208
    idMoustacheSkin = 186
    idGoateeTex = 596
    edited February 2013
    NOT rlly,this was what I wanted:
    [Moustache]
    idMoustacheTex = 208
    idMoustacheSkin = 186
    idGoateeTex = 596

Did you even try what i gave you?
    edited February 2013
    Did you even try what i gave you?

I did and it completly ruined whole face...
    edited February 2013
    I did and it completly ruined whole face...

That my be true but i'm sure you noticed the facial hair as well. Which is also the only way to get facial hair on an Earthgaurd. b:bye
  • melizyoutubenl
    melizyoutubenl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I seem to have a really frustrating problem with this.
    I made some presets I liked and found them in the costumize folder. But as soon as I change numbers in the files, I can't save it. It says I don't have the right permission to do so, which is weird since I'm the administrator of my laptop. Normally I can just make changes to administrator-only files very easily. I tried to untick "read-only," but that didn't work either. I AM able to change the names and delete the files, but I can't edit the content.
    Can anyone help me please?b:sad
  • kotomichinose
    kotomichinose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First of all great guide! :)

I was wondering.. is there anyway you can get the eye make up from the original chars to Earth guards? I've been trying for ages now and failed each time :')

Thank you :)
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Makeup sadly cant be added to the new classes. I really wish it could though, because my mystic needs lipstick really bad. Old textures dont transfer over well to the new classes.
  • idkwtf
    idkwtf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can anyone assist me in making my assassin white? >< the whitest i can seem to get her is like... blue. b:embarrass
  • Night_ray - Sanctuary
    Night_ray - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I cant find them anywhere can you help me find the santa face codes???
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I cant find them anywhere can you help me find the santa face codes???

The santa codes used to be in my guide, but they were removed bacause they are not allowed. If you still want to take the risk, you can google it and probably find the code. Just warning you that the santa faces are still technically bannable according to Val our CM.
  • Labamba - Lost City
    Labamba - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    idkwtf wrote: »
    Can anyone assist me in making my assassin white? >< the whitest i can seem to get her is like... blue. b:embarrass

sadly thats just how the tideborn skin textures are. if you wanted him white white you'd have to give him a whole new body and face texture. (human or such)

P.S. i also have a question. I was wondering if it were possible to put the female head fashion on as you do for barbs. (i'm advanced i'd like to think with .ini editing so i'm talking the head fashion on barbs only on an actual female char)

I"ll check back soon :3 ty
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2013
    sadly thats just how the tideborn skin textures are. if you wanted him white white you'd have to give him a whole new body and face texture. (human or such)

P.S. i also have a question. I was wondering if it were possible to put the female head fashion on as you do for barbs. (i'm advanced i'd like to think with .ini editing so i'm talking the head fashion on barbs only on an actual female char)

I"ll check back soon :3 ty

Nope, it's not possible and even it were possible it isn't allowed.

• Labamba - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    Nope, it's not possible and even it were possible it isn't allowed.

ok ty, however then i'm very curious how barbs can do it then.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2013
    ok ty, however then i'm very curious how barbs can do it then.

They didn't restrict the codes for barbs in wanmei, so we have the ability to use them here as well. I'm guessing because barbs cannot actually buy hats and so they are not taking anything from the business end of the boutique through editing code, although that last part is just pure speculation on my part. It is the reason we're allowed to use those codes here though. Even if it was allowed, it would be bannable to use them on any other class so it's probably a good thing it isn't possible in the first place on PWI.

• Labamba - Lost City
    edited March 2013
    They didn't restrict the codes for barbs in wanmei, so we have the ability to use them here as well. I'm guessing because barbs cannot actually buy hats and so they are not taking anything from the business end of the boutique through editing code, although that last part is just pure speculation on my part. It is the reason we're allowed to use those codes here though. Even if it was allowed, it would be bannable to use them on any other class so it's probably a good thing it isn't possible in the first place on PWI.

thats true, didn't really think of it in a "profit" way.. hmm hmm b:surrender
  • AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide
    AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    eyeliner on an earthguard? if so howb:question
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2013
    eyeliner on an earthguard? if so howb:question

unfortunately you can't put the old classes makeup on the eg.

• _May - Dreamweaver
    _May - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hey dude, so if i have a female char already created, i can't put male hair on her? D:
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited March 2013
    hey dude, so if i have a female char already created, i can't put male hair on her? D:

correct.

• BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been playing a lot with ini. files, editing my barb with lots of hats/hairs, some emo hairs, some weird and funny hats, badass glasses, but the only tipes of hats i have are the ones posted here in this thread, never found anyother codes, tried looking for them at pw china, pw malasya forums, pwi European forums, but haven't found different codes, so my question is, does any1 know some more hat codes for barbs, like spartan or sapphire, sovereing, charming fur etc... does any1 know the codes for those hats?
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A friend wants to make her seeker sorta like this 1 on this photo(sin's anime ini edited eyes):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=333429570093471&set=pb.100002792924575.-2207520000.1364500867&type=3&theater

Any idea how?
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Has anyone found the code for this hat:

http://www.ecatomb.net/cash%20shop/fashion/homme/t112.jpg
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2013
    The only barb hair codes I know of are in the guide already. b:surrender

• CandyShop - Lothranis
    CandyShop - Lothranis Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello, please could i know if it's allowed to color the whole body/face? I mean like making my sins color to whole yellow?

As it is here:

28944409.jpg

thank you!