So, you want to ini edit your character?

Options

Comments

• Gwenhwyfach - Dreamweaver
    Gwenhwyfach - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues with finding new .ini files? I had to reinstall pwi on a new computer and now my new characters aren't being saved under the character files, I can access them in the character creation screen, but I can find the .ini files themselves. b:sad

Does anyone have any idea where they might be hiding? b:surrender
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Your ini files are actually saved on your computer. Only the ones you're currently using ingame will stay if you lose that PWI folder. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Gwenhwyfach - Dreamweaver
    Gwenhwyfach - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    oh no, I mean when I make a new character preset on the new computer and try to save it, it shows up in the little box in the character creation screen, but not in the folder where they're normally saved.
  • chuey14
    chuey14 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hi.. im newbie here... can i ask some1 on here to make ini. same like this char.

http://sta.sh/01jcvprpq67c

idk how to image the pic... cause not pop out.

please make code ini. for me... tyvm b:victory
  • PeachPandora - Sanctuary
    PeachPandora - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ok, First off... I want to thank you for this well thought out set of .ini editing instructions. Nicely done, Venus (and all the contributors) *thumbs up* now....

I have the whole EG skin texture issue for the face down and edited over to my Tideborn... but there is a problem matching the body skin to the new face color/texture. I need some help please.

I know overall, the natural Tideborn skin has a whole grayish flat tint/texture to it no matter *what* color I attempt to change it to. The tint still has that flat gray to it.

The facial skin texture idFaceTex = 1077 did a perfect job removing the underlaying grey tint. Now discussing the body color.

Is there a way of matching that same (non-grey) texture that I have for the face? I do not want the Tideborn tatoos; and at the moment, I have the Tideborn body with no tats. Now, I want to change the texture (remove the flatness of color) and match to my face.

In the body of your initial instructions, you didnt focus too much on the body texture and only mentioned about matching the color. I tried that with disasterous results. Def a non-match. lol

Any ideas? Apologies if this has already been clearly covered in any of the 43 pages of posts... I just didnt have the energy to pour thru all those pages only to find out my questions werent answered.

ps: I've had great sucesses on many of my other .ini edits on other toons (hair, eyes, facial structures etc), but this one has me stumped (tideborn body skin). Its important to me because I want to surprise someone.

pps: I see Annalyse asked this similar question now (looking back in 04-19-2013, 07:38 PM) but I didnt see an answser. She is right... TB skin tends to look "either greyish, jaundice yellow or purplish", but imo very flat/greyish tint.
  • _NoMorePain - Dreamweaver
    _NoMorePain - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I never had this problem before on my old laptop, but now on my new one it seems I can't do a small ini edit on my character's hair color. I'm using the same color code I used for my seeker so I know that it works but every time I try to save the new file I get an error message saying I don't have permission to save the file here. Has anyone else had this problem and maybe know a solution? Here's an image of the error if that helps.
    44a4.jpg
  • mseligraves
    mseligraves Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I never had this problem before on my old laptop, but now on my new one it seems I can't do a small ini edit on my character's hair color. I'm using the same color code I used for my seeker so I know that it works but every time I try to save the new file I get an error message saying I don't have permission to save the file here. Has anyone else had this problem and maybe know a solution? Here's an image of the error if that helps.
    44a4.jpg

I also had this problem at first thankfully it has an easy fix. Before opening the file to do your edits move it to your desktop. Once on your desktop, edit, save, close. Move back to the folder it belongs in and try it out in game =] I hope this works for you!!

Now I'm having issues giving my veno earth guard eyes, it keeps saying customization error. Are you not allowed to put earth guard eyes on venos?

I'm also having the same problem as a person above. When I save a preset it no longer saves in the folder it did before. Not sure if this is just because of the new patches that have gone through or what....
  • mseligraves
    mseligraves Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Is anyone else having issues with finding new .ini files? I had to reinstall pwi on a new computer and now my new characters aren't being saved under the character files, I can access them in the character creation screen, but I can find the .ini files themselves. b:sad

Does anyone have any idea where they might be hiding? b:surrender

I've had the same problem. What I've been doing until I figure out where they're being saved to is copying the character file. For example since venos = 31 I copy the character31 file in the Character folder then go into my customization folder and paste it there and rename it. Then you can edit that file and it'll show up in your presets. It makes it more difficult but it's a work around for now I suppose.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Options
    44a4.jpg

That's a technical support issue unfortunately. Sounds like a problem with your permissions. Try doing it as an administrator.
    I also had this problem at first thankfully it has an easy fix. Before opening the file to do your edits move it to your desktop. Once on your desktop, edit, save, close. Move back to the folder it belongs in and try it out in game =] I hope this works for you!!

Now I'm having issues giving my veno earth guard eyes, it keeps saying customization error. Are you not allowed to put earth guard eyes on venos?

I'm also having the same problem as a person above. When I save a preset it no longer saves in the folder it did before. Not sure if this is just because of the new patches that have gone through or what....

Make sure you are using female earthguard eyes and that your veno does not have male hair. If it has any male elements it will not be able to be edited unless you switch it back to female.
    Ok, First off... I want to thank you for this well thought out set of .ini editing instructions. Nicely done, Venus (and all the contributors) *thumbs up* now....

I have the whole EG skin texture issue for the face down and edited over to my Tideborn... but there is a problem matching the body skin to the new face color/texture. I need some help please.

I know overall, the natural Tideborn skin has a whole grayish flat tint/texture to it no matter *what* color I attempt to change it to. The tint still has that flat gray to it.

The facial skin texture idFaceTex = 1077 did a perfect job removing the underlaying grey tint. Now discussing the body color.

Is there a way of matching that same (non-grey) texture that I have for the face? I do not want the Tideborn tatoos; and at the moment, I have the Tideborn body with no tats. Now, I want to change the texture (remove the flatness of color) and match to my face.

In the body of your initial instructions, you didnt focus too much on the body texture and only mentioned about matching the color. I tried that with disasterous results. Def a non-match. lol

Any ideas? Apologies if this has already been clearly covered in any of the 43 pages of posts... I just didnt have the energy to pour thru all those pages only to find out my questions werent answered.

ps: I've had great sucesses on many of my other .ini edits on other toons (hair, eyes, facial structures etc), but this one has me stumped (tideborn body skin). Its important to me because I want to surprise someone.

pps: I see Annalyse asked this similar question now (looking back in 04-19-2013, 07:38 PM) but I didnt see an answser. She is right... TB skin tends to look "either greyish, jaundice yellow or purplish", but imo very flat/greyish tint.

Sorry didn't see this earlier, haven't checked this thread in a little while. That skin tint is a racial trait of the TB and unfortunately can't be changed since it's present in all the body types. You can only get it close enough.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • _Mizee_ - Heavens Tear
    _Mizee_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Can you get banned for having a really big head and a stick body? or is only big head allowed
  • mayral
    mayral Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Haven't edited anything for a long time

still can't stop reading this guide again and again
    f:melon
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Jigoinane - Harshlands
    Jigoinane - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    last thread i checked was closed for this and was wondering if i could get some help on making an ini to look like an anime character i like. not sure if this is the right spot to post it if not let me know where to put it and i will do so. a pic of the character is this

thumb_big_wide_a9cb71d69895e2cd8b473dc91a446277.jpg

thx ahead of time
  • LadyOya - Raging Tide
    LadyOya - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I normally do mystic ini edits but have not done many TideBorn ones.....

Try this though. People have ini edits in there with the codes.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1513641

Hope it helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY Silvychar, for the awesome sig b:kissb:kissb:kiss
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    last thread i checked was closed for this and was wondering if i could get some help on making an ini to look like an anime character i like. not sure if this is the right spot to post it if not let me know where to put it and i will do so. a pic of the character is this

thumb_big_wide_a9cb71d69895e2cd8b473dc91a446277.jpg

thx ahead of time

This seems easy enough. Which race for the ini?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jigoinane - Harshlands
    Jigoinane - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This seems easy enough. Which race for the ini?

i been looking for my BM, Sin, and Seeker. yeah i wanna make em all look the same
  • FoxyGR - Raging Tide
    FoxyGR - Raging Tide Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So, I'm an on and off player for this game. I've done the .INI edits before to get the hair and eyes from both Tideborn and Earthguard and intergrated them onto all my other characters. At least the ones I like mixed up.
    Now, when I do the .INI *following your instructions and not supported under ARK*, I am getting a Customization Data Error on the game with a brand new character. I cannot get this to go away, and yes I did follow other people's advice.
  • hezee101
    hezee101 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Okay, so I'm currently trying and it's saying access denied or something like that..

I'm trying it now, with the new horizon and nothing's working. years ago it worked but thats when it was old version.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    hezee101 wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm currently trying and it's saying access denied or something like that..

I'm trying it now, with the new horizon and nothing's working. years ago it worked but thats when it was old version.

Your file is probably set to read-only. Uncheck that before saving over it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • geordiegoddesss
    geordiegoddesss Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    hey there

am kayla from the uk i have just started playing this game and would love to make some new friends to play on perfect world with so if you think you can be my new gaming buddie dont be shy add me or send me a message thanks b:kiss
  • zmrvich
    zmrvich Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Anyone else have troubles using male hair on females after update?
  • mikage
    mikage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Just to let you know, I just got a makeover scroll from the dq point system a day or two ago.
  • dirtykitty
    dirtykitty Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    doesnt work for me for some odd reason
    i changed the hair color to bright red and the eyes to light blue
    and nothing ingame
    im a veno so i edited the character31
    doesnt seem to work..
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You need to apply the preset to your character with a makover scroll o:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • obsceneyouare
    obsceneyouare Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    iniheader3.png

Lame locks got you down? Do your eyes just lack a certain sparkle? Tired of looking like a fish? Fear not, because PWI has now allowed Facial INI editing. So let's get started.

What you'll need:

1 A Makeover Scroll or the modify button on the character creation screen
    2 An understanding of what codes do what
    3 The character data opened on your desktop

headerparti.png
    If it has been less than 2 days since you created your character, you can still modify your character at the character creation screen. If not, you'll need a makeover scroll.

Makeover Scrolls can be obtained from the following places:

1. From the level 28 quest Beautiful Chang's Wish
    2. From the level 100 Mulberry quest chain
    3. From 50 tokens from the boutique agent
    4. From the boutique, accessed by pressing O in-game for 2 gold.
    5. From the event boutique for 6 event gold.

*It is not longer possible to obtain them from the DQ points system for 1000 points as of December 2013

These are ordered from the least expensive to most expensive method. Your mileage vary regarding which is the easiest option. I personally wouldn't recommend option 4/5. Should you choose to charge money, 50 tokens from other players is in general cheaper.

Your actually wrong, the DQ point system still works
  • Varalee - Heavens Tear
    Varalee - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hey i also cant change my characters hair from male to female hair anymore after the update with horizons i can with my female sin to male hair but not with my eg seeker female.i know how to do this most of the time but it seams like the update has stoped it somehow ? anyone have any updates on how to do this?b:sadb:surrender
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yea, it seems like parts of this guy have become outdated due to the expansion. The DQ point system as of now is still being removed but I don't have an e.t.a. to update that part yet. I'll have to play around with the system to figure out if it's still possible to do male hair on females. If anyone has figured it out, please feel free to post it and I'll make sure to note your contribution in the special thanks section. ^^

• Swornstar - Sanctuary
    Swornstar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Since the expansion you can make your head and body extremely big or small without ini editing. Is this allowed?
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Since the expansion you can make your head and body extremely big or small without ini editing. Is this allowed?

Yeah, the rule has always been that you can't use ini editing to do body size edits. Only thing allowable is what is available from the sliders. Anything available from the sliders was and still is fair game. You still cannot use ini editing to make body size changes past what's allowable via the sliders.

• Swornstar - Sanctuary
    Swornstar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Since the update when you make a character or use a makeover scroll you can make your character look really fat or really skinny.
    http://i.imgur.com/wRtyyHk.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Fy6qFBa.jpg
    The bottom image is my barb and it seems like it's not supposed to be like this. I don't want to get banned for using the in game character customise.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Since the update when you make a character or use a makeover scroll you can make your character look really fat or really skinny.
    http://i.imgur.com/wRtyyHk.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Fy6qFBa.jpg
    The bottom image is my barb and it seems like it's not supposed to be like this. I don't want to get banned for using the in game character customise.

Like I said, the rule is just that you can only edit bodies using the sliders. Since that is available from the sliders in-game, that means you can change your body size using them. And only them. That rule hasn't changed. In-game customization isn't ini editing, the body size rule only pertains to ini editing.