Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Options

Comments

• RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    RoseWater_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Mixed feelings a little but overal I am very happy, I can experience the game with a busy as **** life now & work on that g16 gear i desperately wanted but had 0 time for when it first was released, I will be happy to make my psys r8r wep as well and a g16 wand for the rest of my casters, thanks pwi, really for once xD b:cute
    EDIT: ALSO! This helps since the majority on sanct wanted +10 for vana runs =( Im no +10 fish, now like I said I can get the full experience and not be singled out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    On a sin? Lol
    Where are you going to get the aps from? a Love up and down tome? Lol that costs what? 3-4 times the price of a r8 chest piece.
    Even then that only gives -.05 interval
    Or what, recast r8? Lol loL
    Please.. stop embarrasing yourself.

says the guy who does nothing but insult and cry? b:bye
  • StarStrukkk - Heavens Tear
    StarStrukkk - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    guess i didn't earn anything as well since i like the change? Guess i didn't earn my R8 i farmed or my WS belt or helm on my archer or on my 100 wiz the R8 and WS gear i farmed on him as well right?
    Right.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Right.

yuppp i guess the people who CS and buy R9 and all there gear EARNED it right b:bye
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    did you even read my post? i never said it wouldn't effect the game but its not going to kill it like you guys are saying..

as for experienced players posts i have been playing this game since 2008... As for WS and lunar i understand they made them harder and have plans to upgrade them. TT is becoming big again, LC has quite a bit of WC going right now asking so did DW when i logged as well as a good bit of people looking for WS. Yes R9 is op but i know r9 squads that have problems doing stuff as well.

People aren't getting handed items as you still have to do the event and its not like you get s ton of tokens... i got 110 some people got around 200 but i don't think anyone got over 300... So it still will take a little bit to get the gear, sure not as long as farming NV and stuff but still.

@Mosz umm not really... If anything Sins would be the easiest and fastest to get to 5.0...

As I've stated multiple times in the "Official" thread, people ARE getting handed items. People on Lothranis were walking away with 2500+ uncanny from 2 hours in Nation Wars. That's enough to make 10 pieces of 2nd cast Nirvana gear (almost 2 full sets). The current trade value is 1 token for 1 rap or 5 uncanny and a 10k fee to make either. So do you feel like revising your statement? lol

The people who already had R9 will take...a few weeks? to get 2nd cast. The people who were too lazy to go farm their gear prior to this (and it wasn't hard by any means) now are walking around with Nirvana 2nd cast like it's the lvl 30 rep gear you get from doing quests.

As for sins vs archers and the ease of 5.0...Archers win hands down.

Deicides
    R8 plate
    Interval robe
    TT99 ornaments or Nirvana pants
    TT99 wrists + boots

Sins need Nirvana daggers, interval robe, TT99 ornaments(or int tome), Nirv pants, TT99 armor and R8 plate.

The point is invalid now though with Nirv drops so easy to get.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    says the guy who does nothing but insult and cry? b:bye

Lol, didnt see you reply to my other post, because you couldn't come up with anything to debate back with.

Nice one.

Teach me how to be as useless as you are and just accept things for free like a selfish piece of **** you are, while others farmed for their stuff :).
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    As Nowitsawn stated, the same thing has happened to R8. Those who had it early were OP, but they had to pay a price (8 Perfect Tokens for 25 rep, which is 64k Perfect Tokens for 200k rep). That's 768m with 12k token prices. And then they put it in the boutique. Those who get it early always pay a price for enjoying it early. The best thing you can get from it was to know you were the first recast r9 sin on RT.

Though I'm sure he doesn't feel the same, how do you think Kita felt after he was the first person to get to 105, and then everyone abused the goon glitch soon after?
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited November 2012
    Options
    yuppp i guess the people who CS and buy R9 and all there gear EARNED it right b:bye

They work for their money, and used the money that they earned to buy it, so yeah, I'd say so.
  • apalllday
    apalllday Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wow so many little babies crying for there mommy. You dumb people dont realize they new what there were doing? You dont think they thought of the "Next big thing"? They have a plan to what they are doing, im sure they want everyone to be geared for what comes out next. Cause if you are not geared you wont make it in the next update. These people run this gme to make money its a business. How about you all put your panties back on and give it a try b4 you whine and ****?
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lol, didnt see you reply to my other post, because you couldn't come up with anything to debate back with.

Nice one.

Teach me how to be as useless as you are and just accept things for free like a selfish piece of **** you are, while others farmed for their stuff :).

again i farmed the gear i have. you can call me selfish but the only people crying are the ones with OP gear as it is. Now the playing filed is a little even. As i said before i would be mad to if all i had to do was point click and 1 shot people.

I had to farm just like anyone else yet im not crying sure i didn't farm NV cause i sold the cannys i got when i did it. I think were past the point. he game won't die

pvp will be better along with TW. This is a great change sorry i cant sit on the computer all day playing like some peopel
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Bumping this to keep it near the top, don't want it to sink into oblivion like other threads...

WTB Server Rollback to November 14th, 2012 with adjusted Supply Token conversion values, PM Offers b:laugh
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The plus is, for people who arent +10 and would get passed up daily for vana runs because it would take the squad an extra 5 minutes (god forbid) to run it get a chance to experience these things now with some ease and like id said this looks like a gigantic re-balancing attempt gear wise and gold wise too id say, im sure that will be dropping shortly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I agree with what Empu stated. Nirvana is the "easy coin" that takes longer to do. It's easy to learn, but not worth the coin/hour ratio it has.

My main concern is the unlikeliness of people running Faction Base trials often anymore, since the mats are a lot cheaper. But I think trials have already been dead since the mats were given in their untradable form as a reward (Damas/Haps/Ori).

The best thing to do is to adapt to it. It's very similar to how the rep sales made r8 so cheap and skyrocketed gold prices. We/PWI adapted to it. We just have to adapt to this one. If you can't, then I guess it's finally time to stop.

NW isn't all about Uncannies and Raptures. There are many other rewards that take more tokens to get, and are great goals to go for. I'm going for the tome upgrade myself, which is 2.5k supply tokens in total and 131m coin.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If PWI is "preparing us" for something it SHOULD be told to the players. We are their customers and we are the ones actually PLAYING the game.

And all who QQ here have uber pro gear? No.

My barb has only R8 and my thoughts were to reach T3 and be happy with that as I'd finally have reached out for a bigger goal which felt challenging enough. Now, where's the challenge? Why actually get any better gear since it's so easy? What the hell I actually DO with all this pro gear since everyone will have it anyway?

I still see that no-one of you being so cool with this update has answered what happens to the new players.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Options
    As Nowitsawn stated, the same thing has happened to R8. Those who had it early were OP, but they had to pay a price (8 Perfect Tokens for 25 rep, which is 64k Perfect Tokens for 200k rep). That's 768m with 12k token prices. And then they put it in the boutique. Those who get it early always pay a price for enjoying it early. The best thing you can get from it was to know you were the first recast r9 sin on RT.

Though I'm sure he doesn't feel the same, how do you think Kita felt after he was the first person to get to 105, and then everyone abused the goon glitch soon after?

While it's similar to what happened with R8, at that point they didn't completely remove an instance from the game. They also made you buy it (one way or another) still, where as with Nation Wars you can basically go in on a lvl 60 alt with **** gear and STILL get tokens and thus Nirvana drops/recast mats for free essentially.

So there is quite a bit of a difference here...
    edited November 2012
    Options
    again i farmed the gear i have. you can call me selfish but the only people crying are the ones with OP gear as it is. Now the playing filed is a little even. As i said before i would be mad to if all i had to do was point click and 1 shot people.

I had to farm just like anyone else yet im not crying sure i didn't farm NV cause i sold the cannys i got when i did it. I think were past the point. he game won't die
    Ofcourse its the people who have op gears who are QQing about it.
    Who else would it be? the ones who get the things for free? LOL
    YAY FREE STUFF I DONT NEED TO PUT ANY EFFOT INTO, SURE ILL COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT. Wait, what logic?

A decent caster/normal nirvana run, will take about 10-15 minutes, even then, people only make about 2-6 cannies from one run, on x2.

So people who spent all their time and just achieved their goal, and worked so hard for, all their accomplishments just got taken away.

Not to mention, Nirvana was a source of income for most people, people can do it whenever they want. They farm for ages trying to make money for other parts in the game whether it be luxury items like fashion, or packs, or relating to gear including money to afford refines.
    As some people say, they can't do NW, not that thatll give much money considering rap and cannie prices.

So people will most likely go to TT to farm for their money, so TT mats will now be flooded, make less money there too.

Economy is dying.

Only other time people are making money is from BH, if they are lucky.

or merching if people want to leave their computer on spending money on electricity over night, while they're sleeping, just to make money ingame.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If PWI is "preparing us" for something it SHOULD be told to the players. We are their customers and we are the ones actually PLAYING the game.

And all who QQ here have uber pro gear? No.

My barb has only R8 and my thoughts were to reach T3 and be happy with that as I'd finally have reached out for a bigger goal which felt challenging enough. Now, where's the challenge? Why actually get any better gear since it's so easy? What the hell I actually DO with all this pro gear since everyone will have it anyway?

I still see that no-one of you being so cool with this update has answered what happens to the new players.

i still see new players on LC and DW. not sure how long since the DQ was nerfed cause im still mad about that. I know some of the mods were asking about it but i don't know if they got an answer yet. DQ wasn't the only way to make money at that level tho
  • fak2000
    fak2000 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Really, what's the other income for casters except for caster nirvana?
    Even delta has lost coins. We can't do any instance and who wants to get a caster for any instance anyway?
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    YAY FREE STUFF I DONT NEED TO PUT ANY EFFOT INTO, SURE ILL COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT. Wait, what logic?

A decent caster/normal nirvana run, will take about 10-15 minutes, even then, people only make about 2-6 cannies from one run, on x2.

So people who spent all their time and just achieved their goal, and worked so hard for, all their accomplishments just got taken away.

Not to mention, Nirvana was a source of income for most people, people can do it whenever they want. They farm for ages trying to make money for other parts in the game whether it be luxury items like fashion, or packs, or relating to gear including money to afford refines.
    As some people say, they can't do NW, not that thatll give much money considering rap and cannie prices.

So people will most likely go to TT to farm for their money, so TT mats will now be flooded, make less money there too.

Economy is dying.

or merching if people want to leave their computer on spending money on electricity over night, while they're sleeping, just to make money ingame.

+1
    i still see new players on LC and DW. not sure how long since the DQ was nerfed cause im still mad about that. I know some of the mods were asking about it but i don't know if they got an answer yet. DQ wasn't the only way to make money at that level tho

DQ was my main source for repairs and helped with skills.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options

Economy is dying.

what part of you still ahve to do the event do you not get? If your **** at the event you get a **** reward... You still have to play it... as for rap and cannys OMG CANNYS ARE 100k NOW AND RAPS 300k WHAT WILL WE DO. THE PRICES ON ANY ITEMS HAVE NEVER CHANGED BEFORE IM SO SCREWED NOW

not true at all im still proud i farmed my r8 and ws stuff, im proud i leveled to 101 the right way, why cause it made me a better player. Im glad i didn't plevel or charge my way to where i am
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    +1

DQ was my main source for repairs and helped with skills.

DQ 81 and up aren't 1 coin there still full price
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I also have a feeling this will lower gold prices as well, seeing it under 1mil on sanct would make me happy, in a sense i do feel that this was an attempt at a re-balancing system on many many scales

I'd be curious to see if you're right on the gold prices. Would be nice if it durably lowered gold. On the rebalance part, I consider it not very succesfull from what I see till now.
    the only people i really see QQing about it are the ones with OP gear.

Not really. It's mainly those who can't do NW cause of the time.

It's mainly the ones who didn't get to +10~12 top sharded gears that are euphoric, cause they have no idea that even at old prices shards+refines is the major part of gears cost. It's the high refines on high grade gear that makes someone really OP.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    fak2000 wrote: »
    Really, what's the other income for casters except for caster nirvana?
    Even delta has lost coins. We can't do any instance and who wants to get a caster for any instance anyway?

what are you talking about i have a 100 wiz and i get offers for TT and WS if your a good caster people will want you
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options

also, set up cat shops if you need cash, people will buy these dq for more than 1 coin, may not get your dqpts but youll get the cash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
    edited November 2012
    Options
    what part of you still ahve to do the event do you not get? If your **** at the event you get a **** reward... You still have to play it... as for rap and cannys OMG CANNYS ARE 100k NOW AND RAPS 300k WHAT WILL WE DO. THE PRICES ON ANY ITEMS HAVE NEVER CHANGED BEFORE IM SO SCREWED NOW

not true at all im still proud i farmed my r8 and ws stuff, im proud i leveled to 101 the right way, why cause it made me a better player. Im glad i didn't plevel or charge my way to where i am

LOL Participating in an event for 2 hours. Lol
    Thick headed much?

2 hours to gain several stage 2 armor pieces.
    Where when others spend 2 hours to farm in nirv what? 10-20 cannies?

Nice comparison there! You really have hit the nail on the head with this one!
    Do the calculations mate.
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'd be curious to see if you're right on the gold prices. Would be nice if it durably lowered gold. On the rebalance part, I consider it not very succesfull from what I see till now.

Hence why I said attempt xD;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • princece
    princece Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    IMO we can TRY to keep this thread up and hope that a GM will take a look at it.

Petitions have been made before.

If we do not give up with this subject maybe they will try to work it out somehow and stop the corruption of the game.

i already geared up my 2 from 4 alts with g13 just in one night. damage is done. too late for petitions.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options

DQ 81+ takes much longer to farm than DQ 41-51 with normal money income would do. Also I have alts. Barbarian is not a DQ farming class with these repairs. Should I spend all my time in Hell farming DQ for my alts?
    also, set up cat shops if you need cash, people will buy these dq for more than 1 coin, may not get your dqpts but youll get the cash

Then I am losing the change for DQ points, sadly. I can try on this one if it is a must but I do not feel happy with this change.

Also if someone is going to mention materials... I am trying to improve my crafting first.

• Zanir - Lothranis
    edited November 2012
    Options
    princece wrote: »
    i already geared up my 2 from 4 alts with g13 just in one night. damage is done. too late for petitions.

It's not too late, they can do a server rollback if they so choose and everything earned from that point on will be lost and everything gets reset to that benchmark.

It's only too late if they choose to stay complacent and try to sweep the issue under the carpet like they did with the Goon Glitch.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    DQ 81+ takes much longer to farm than DQ 41-51 with normal money income would do. Also I have alts. Barbarian is not a DQ farming class with these repairs. Should I spend all my time in Hell farming DQ for my alts?

Then I am losing the change for DQ points, sadly. I can try on this one if it is a must but I do not feel happy with this change.

Also if someone is going to mention materials... I am trying to improve my crafting first.

well true on that, any news on those btw like i said i remember some GMS were planing on taking to the devs about it and seeing if we can't get it back. Hopefully its just an error or mistake