Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    So the nirvana market crashed? Fuzzy can't help but laugh.
    /CUT to make it shorter/

Are you kidding?
    I don't spend Cash on this game, and Nirvana was my main source of getting coins in game!
    How should I get coins now? By farming TT? Oh right, it will take me just 10x longer to get same amount of coins, and also I was farming TT and TT market is already low. I had problems selling TT70 and TT90 gear and mats for them.

And I can't sell Golden TT mats higher than they are at 1k NPC. So we have limited price set there.

They just nerfed every single way of getting coins, and the only way to cover my expenses is to Cash Shop!

That's the problem. Nirvana was source of coins for so many people, and now we're screwed to the max.
  • dude2509
    dude2509 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I understood both sides, the pro and the con-event-side...but now, I slept over it I'm still happy that PW did it that way.

*cue shorter due to long *** posts by all* xD

D: people with sense are waking up \o/ thank you perfectly said did you have to call me poor though b:cry xD
  • dude2509
    edited November 2012
    Are you kidding?
    I don't spend Cash on this game, and Nirvana was my main source of getting coins in game!
    How should I get coins now? By farming TT? Oh right, it will take me just 10x longer to get same amount of coins, and also I was farming TT and TT market is already low. I had problems selling TT70 and TT90 gear and mats for them.

And I can't sell Golden TT mats higher than they are at 1k NPC. So we have limited price set there.

They just nerfed every single way of getting coins, and the only way to cover my expenses is to Cash Shop!

That's the problem. Nirvana was source of coins for so many people, and now we're screwed to the max.

Would you like more cheese with that wine sir? 10x longer really? Welcome to the real world neo.. The place where you have to work to get what you want and have to follow rules set by the person in charge... That being the people who are letting you play THEIR GAME for FREE, would you like server charges instead sir? b:chuckle
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have you seen the coin rewards from quests? At lvl 100+ different quests can give me 1~5m a week. Lower levels have more than enough to get their skills. My archer has max skills for all things at lvl 32 from coin drops. I have yet to sell any hay, rough fur, glue or other items o it. We get free charms now, 24 hours, that is just pure awesomeness. There are things that help, but most people have not started a new alt in a long time. There are lots of ways to make money at lower levels, even with "dq nerf".

The positive side of dq nerf is that people will finally take the dragon quests seriously and get OP gear themselves rather than paying 20~40m for it.

Yeah but you have to be 100 1st to have a chance of those BH rewards... And at lvl 32 the costs aren't that high yet... But when it comes to the mid lvls around 60-99 a newby would basically be screwed... I noticed that with my alts, I constantly need to give them coin to get their skills lvled and to make sure they got enough pots... So even IF a F2P newby would be interested, not likely with those deserted newby areas, they'd probably have to bail out around lvl 60... In-game currency should never be limited by just quests anyway... You should be able to grind-farm at least... Maybe they could add some good coin rewards for One-man army's or something... Coin rewards fitting for someone's lvl so they can afford their things no matter what lvl... It would probably give a purpose to those once again too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • quailea
    quailea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ....People who farm nirv for coin and complain are those who don't need the raps and cannys. ....?

I'm someone who needs raps and cannies and I still hate the update. For the record, I was a 5 aps sage sin on my server who'd duo nirvy with whomever wanted to come along. I've run with barbs, I've run with clerics, I've run with veno's/wizzy's/mystics and any low aps toon who bothered to ask. The advantage to being a sage sin was that I had the damage output as well as decent survivability to be ABLE to run duo nirvy's with average refines, and yes I was the tank, and no I didn't need heals.

I needed raps to recast my daggers and I needed cannies for my helm, I've cash shopped at least $600 since starting this game, and I feel as though pwi just slapped me in the face. I can't do the NW's, since as a sin with only 'ok' refines, any of the R9's can oneshot me, and make a POINT of doing so. It doesn't help that we have a limited number of respawns, and when we do respawn, it's NOT EVEN IN A SAFE AREA. they can kill us there before we even BUFF ourselves, so, y'know, THANKS FOR THAT, devs...

That SAID, I'm not completely against the NW as I can see why it would be a lot of fun if you all hadn't made it possible to circumnavigate the screening system by simply being on a squad with a bunch of other 101+ R9 +12 folks. but 1 token + 10k for a rap is a serious slap in the face to most people. I mean hell 65-100 tokens for a rap would have been more reasonable, with the rewards going upward of 500 tokens for a couple hours of messing around, and the non-nirvying players having the advantage.

But no, we broke the nirvy market. So all the aps toons who were farming that, and other's who had friends like me to help them farm it, well we'll go farm TT. And be like every other TT farmer, with 100's of mats plugging up the bank that we can't sell because there's too many and no one needs them. So, lunar? LOL! 3 mil for a run and no guarantee for anything good in that run.... Sure, that's "realistic" to farm. So, maybe DQ points? No, wait, you nerfed those too. 1 coin per item :) not 900-2000. I mean why would you want to give low level players some pocket coin?

That said, I see the advantage in questing giving decent coin rewards as it does, but is that really enough to pay for pots/charms/repairs/gear upgrades? I think not. the only thing left that I see is to cash shop, or be stupid lucky with BH's.

I for one, will be quitting the game at this point, and regret that I ever spent a dime on such a greedy company. pwi's always been an escape for me and I'm sad to lose all the work I put into my things on top of cashing, but I'll be happy to go now that you all have made perfectly clear you don't give a damn about pissing off most of your userbase :) Yes, make the ones who don't play as much, and can't cash shop happy. I can see a little thing here and there, that's a good idea, and it's needed, but in this you completely alienated a lot of people. I've seen too many good players walk out of game the past 6-7 months because the people running pwi don't have enough of a brain between their ears to understand why they might offend people, and only care about making their next dollar. Have fun all :)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Are you kidding?

Lunar, Warsong, Trophy mode, TT, FC, mats, herbs, AEU, cube of fate, BH daily even on alts, merchanting, can still cannies/raps to people who can't/won't do NW, 100+ dq...i'm sure I'm forgetting something. This wasn't the only source and you still have a head start over all the people who haven't had this gear til now as they play catch up with your refines and gear. Go out there and take advantage of it.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    dude2509 wrote: »
    Would you like more cheese with that wine sir? 10x longer really? Welcome to the real world neo.. The place where you have to work to get what you want and have to follow rules set by the person in charge... That being the people who are letting you play THEIR GAME for FREE, would you like server charges instead sir? b:chuckle

I like when people say IT'S FREE! -.-
    Know what? I DON'T CARE!

I mean, I do spend $10 here and there, but I'm not going to pay $1500 for R9 just to be competitive. Most of my Cash Shopping goes to Items I need for myself (expansion stones, fashion...).

It's stupid to crash everything just to make me cash shop more and spend $50 a month on tihs game. I don't see any other reason for this.
    And they now want to make this game PVP, but guess what, if you want to PVP, you NEED to buy R9 to be competitive now, cause it's much faster and easier to get Stage 3 R9, and that's nothing compared to Stage 3 Nirv gear.
    Lunar, Warsong, Trophy mode, TT, FC, mats, herbs, AEU, cube of fate, BH daily even on alts, merchanting, can still cannies/raps to people who can't/won't do NW, i'm sure I'm forgetting something.
    What can I farm in FC? I can't sell EXP... nor can I powerlevel...
    Mats, herbs - yes, but it takes ages to get 10m, which is min you need for TW.
    Cube is one alternative, but it's only 600-700k per day, if you're lucky not to spend a lot of coins just to finish cube.
    I don't to merchating, I want to play not to sit and look...

Nirvana was EASY and FAST way to get coins in this game.
    Now it's PAY or GTFO or spend 12 years just to farm enough coins to buy TT99 golden mats...
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Since CSers pay the wages, electricity, phone and investors dividends, and the owners of the game can then offer a F2P game to non cash shoppers. We should by your logic, follow rules set by cash shoppers. I dont think so b:laugh
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Would you like more cheese with that wine sir?
    Your post made me smile xD.
    I understood both sides, the pro and the con-event-side...
    I wish more people shared this ability to see this from different angles, Anti >:

Something in here reminded me of, when during some of my lurking earlier, I noticed some post talking about sins and aps indirectily being effected(I don't actually remember how in-depth it was, either, but I remembered/it made me think... anyone know who that was?)... because if everyone has decent gear and the sins with like really... just 'bad' gear (defense wise) by most end-gear standards in order to get aps(it doesn't help that it's LA and that armour type is complainabout worthy to begin with by the people who use it xD!) I've always kinda-facedesked at 96% of the sin population having the same armour, which is the same armour that they know they'll die in if they're in any sort of strong AoEish range once some.. invicibility or something thing of theirs wears off(I have no idea, I'm a veno x3)
    -anyway and if everyone's well geared and they're just getting 1-hit by everyone 'cause of their aps gear having really bad survivability, then sins would have to step up their gear defence wise, too, but at the sacrifice of aps and all that craze that makes me want to bash my muzzle into a wall.

I don't really have anything 'against' sins or have anything but a neutral attitude of them getting effected or not('cause seekers are totally OP, not sins xD -oh dear lordy seekers'll only get worse....), but I know that most people are like aspkgnsdkgngsdg sins D:<<< so it may be some 'food for thought'.
    *smallerized 'cause it feels a little to specific to take up the room it does at normal size*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012

What can I farm in FC? I can't sell EXP... nor can I powerlevel...
    Mats, herbs - yes, but it takes ages to get 10m, which is min you need for TW.
    Cube is one alternative, but it's only 600-700k per day, if you're lucky not to spend a lot of coins just to finish cube.
    I don't to merchating, I want to play not to sit and look...

Now it's PAY or GTFO or spend 12 years just to farm enough coins to buy TT99 golden mats...

I just stated it as a way to make coin. Obviously not all will apply to you. You're claiming the only way to make coin is gone but that is just not true. Tell me something, how many raps were you getting in a week? And are you able to go to NW?

FC, some people can sell the exp. It's a source of coin for many of the aps people.
    mats, herbs are not an ideal source of income I admit, but it's unfair to say they aren't a source at all.

TT is something aps people can do now.

You can grab some friends and sell of Lunar and Warsong. People will be wanting those g16 gears now, hotly. They can't get it without these two instances.

You can get a barb friend and do TM. I've seen psys do it on my server.

AEU you can sell off the boxes instead of opening them.

Heck if you can manage to get even 1 excitement card on some alts you can cover half that 10 mil right there.

And...you can do nation wars. If you've done TW then you should probably be able to do a better job than others at NW and get more cannies/raps. You can still sell them at like 300k each atm. If you have 100 of them that is 30 mil right there. Not everyone can do NW after all, it's an event.

Point being that nirvana isn't the only source of income out there. I can understand being mad because your primary source of income has been taken. But let's not claim that it's the only way to make coin in this game, because it isn't.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dude2509
    edited November 2012
    I like when people say IT'S FREE! -.-
    Know what? I DON'T CARE!

*cut short*

Erm why exactly would you need to dump a huge amount of coin into gear when its virtually half price for higher levels and lower level gear aint expensive anyway especially if you farm it... Oh R9 so you wanted to abuse a fast money making scheme (vana etc) to pay for something that is generally paid for via cash.. I wonder how many people would moan if you couldn't buy gold and the only way was to dump cash into the game to get rewarded with such powerful gear... HEY PW why dont you do that, remove gold trade!! You know since you gave us something that rivals R9.. G16 ofc... See what I'm getting at, they didn't even have to add that in there but they did probably because people moaning about it and I buy a lot of gold purely through doing BH, AEU, Warsong etc and that was before I had my G16 gear
  • dude2509
    edited November 2012
    To put it in a nutshell before the rich only go richer and the poorer sat in a corner crying that they couldn't do runs due to no decent gear = no coin = well.. NO decent gear

Now rich can still get richer sadly through markets and the poorer can smile with shiney new gear and join in the fun.. I dont see the problem here, at lvl 100 you can run pretty much everything which made it impossible for those who had bad gear and now they can have good gear you complain o.O Vana good for making gear and coin (if you abuse it) nobody wanted crappy gear "link your weapon!" yet being lvl 100 isn't the whole point of your farming to get better gear? Now PW are basically making it easier and its still not good enough... I still remain baffled b:surrender

ALSO just want to add can you STOP blaming GM's and DEV's from what I'm aware they just do maintenece etc on game the actual owners of the game decide content, However they can pass on concerns and see if they can get things changed slightly here like increased cost of cannies/rap etc trade via the forges to avoid a permanant crash (example only this was not something stated by GM or DEV) and they said they will look into it multiple times so erm chill?
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    /CUT to make less text/
    Point being that nirvana isn't the only source of income out there. I can understand being mad because your primary source of income has been taken. But let's not claim that it's the only way to make coin in this game, because it isn't.

I agree that Nirvana isn't the only way of getting money in PWI. But problem is that every other way of making money takes so long. Everything in this game is require so much time when you're not spending a lot of cash every month.
    I didn't had anything against that. I love work hard to get what I want, I don't play PVP so I don't really need high-refines, high-level gems and stuff.
    But instead of taking me 3 months to get something, now it will take 5-6. That's too much for me.

I was mostly doing Caster Nirv runs, average was just over 1m/run when 2x is on.
    I can't solo nothing more than TT1-2, while R9's will be able to just walk trough TT and farm coins even faster than in Nirv, with this easy access to Stage 2 and Stage 3 now.

I don't know, I'm really sad with this Nation Wars rewards.
    edited November 2012
    Btw... Can someone tell me more about the event? Is it something even someone as noob-geared as my Veno can score in (even a bit)? If so I might just get up at 5AM sometimes... I always kinda wanted the angelic Nirvy gear... I just dropped it for Morai since it was so expensive... But if I can get the Raps pretty much for free there might still be hope... Well... That is if I can afford the weapon needed to make it and find a reliable crafter...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ty PWI! i can t assist to this stupid event due to my work schedule and since this will kill any chance to farm any other instance (and no, I don t have a stupid 5aps sin) is over for me.. was fun... wanna do a rebalance? make more of these events at different times, I m pretty sure I m not the only one that can t assist to this event at this time.. b:bye
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Erm why exactly would you need to dump a huge amount of coin into gear when its virtually half price for higher levels and lower level gear aint expensive anyway especially if you farm it... Oh R9 so you wanted to abuse a fast money making scheme (vana etc) to pay for something that is generally paid for via cash.. I wonder how many people would moan if you couldn't buy gold and the only way was to dump cash into the game to get rewarded with such powerful gear... HEY PW why dont you do that, remove gold trade!! You know since you gave us something that rivals R9.. G16 ofc... See what I'm getting at, they didn't even have to add that in there but they did probably because people moaning about it and I buy a lot of gold purely through doing BH, AEU, Warsong etc and that was before I had my G16 gear

What are you talking about?

What I was saying is this. If you buy R9 now, you have easy access to Stage 2 and Stage 3 now! And Nirvana Stage 3 isn't match for Stage 3 R9!
    Stage 3 Nirv = Stage 1 R9

Not everyone is 5APS assassin or BM and not everyone is able to solo FF/TT/Whatever... If you're in squad of 6 in TT, you get pocket change when you sell split mats.
  • dude2509
    edited November 2012
    Btw... Can someone tell me more about the event? Is it something even someone as noob-geared as my Veno can score in (even a bit)? If so I might just get up at 5AM sometimes... I always kinda wanted the angelic Nirvy gear... I just dropped it for Morai since it was so expensive... But if I can get the Raps pretty much for free there might still be hope... Well... That is if I can afford the weapon needed to make it and find a reliable crafter...

Yes its possible as win or lose you gain tokens based on a contribution style.. All you need to do is help capture flags or do damage to people in there, heal, buff etc but depending on your contribution will result in more or less tokens... Myself I wasn't doing all that great (choosing all the wrong places which had 20ish attacking and 5 defending xD) yet i still came out with 168 tokens = 168 raps or 840 cannies if I decided to have those however I was doing decent dmg also with a decent amount of kills which naturally gave me more tokens for defending
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Force? I dont see it... On top of that you can still run caster and normal vana to get your gear just do not expect huge coin return, if thats your problem hit one of the many markets out there and make your coin... All valid arguments from people but as usual lets sit and moan about things instead of working out other ways to solve things x.x

Yes force.
    How many people are running vana squads now?
    How many people will run vana squads when 2x is gone?
    If the only way to get cannies n raps directly is to do NW, then yes you're being forced to pvp.

I know it's quite shocking to realize that there aren't that many markets available. If there were, there would already be less concern about this one drying up.
    Warsong - too many of the useful things in there bind.
    TT - if you can solo it great, but getting a squad isn't as easy as it used to be
    Lunar - okay fine maybe, but after more and more people go there the mats will have much less value, perhaps even not covering the entrance fee in the end
    FCC - if you can solo and sell to powerlevelers sure, but the more people that do that the lower the price goes down, making it too not even worth the time and the teles to wc for. This was not meant to be a farmable instance and should not even be included as an option.
    EU and AEU are both unreliable as farming instances because the rewards vary greatly in worth, and also require a certain low supply to retain their value.

Vana was excellent because there was always some demand (catshops) that would allow the squad to divide profits equally immediately, and the instance itself was not so hard that a slightly undergeared player with developed skills could not participate in it. Is it the instances fault that people who weren't high aps aren't regularly invited? Nope, that's an attitude problem. People ask for aps for even BHs lately. I have no solution for that other than to call people out on being idiots and stop obsessing over aps. The benefit of Vana also was that it was not generally a lengthy dungeon, meaning people could farm it more than some of the other options.

I'm not even complaining, the game is what it is. If in the end I don't like it, I'll quit, no biggie, but if I don't like something I'm going to say that I don't like it. I have never made my coins through vana, and I still don't like it. I don't exactly know what else I'm supposed to do when I don't like something other than talk about it.
    edited November 2012
    Yes its possible as win or lose you gain tokens based on a contribution style.. All you need to do is help capture flags or do damage to people in there, heal, buff etc but depending on your contribution will result in more or less tokens... Myself I wasn't doing all that great (choosing all the wrong places which had 20ish attacking and 5 defending xD) yet i still came out with 168 tokens = 168 raps or 840 cannies if I decided to have those however I was doing decent dmg also with a decent amount of kills which naturally gave me more tokens for defending

Ah that sounds cool... So my job would basically to Bramble ppl, sneakily get some flags, and cast Bramble Hood on myself when a Sin is about to attack me (always fun to see melee classes kill themselves on it)... One last question: If I die will I be able to lose items or exp? Or is that all locked in there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matchews
    matchews Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can't do TW
    I can't do AEU
    I can't do FC
    I can't farm DQ
    I can't NW
    I can't TT

as a newcomer to Perfect World, Yesterday was my first time being able to do nirvy on 2x. It's one of the only instances I get more than 1 fps in so I was actually able to make money. I just don't see a way to make decent money for myself anymore that's PvE and not just standing around collecting things.

Less QQ, more disappointment towards PWI
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Where is the problem here?

Where is the problem? Is panda gonna pay me 400+m for cannies and raps i farmed over past year and they turned worthless over night? I could have finish my r9 if i sold my stuff last week but who'd guess pwi gonna pull this ****, yesterday when it was clear whats gonna happen no one wanted to buy anything anymore, a year well wasted.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This was once posted in these forums and explains PWIs stuff up in a way any one who reads it should understand at once.
    http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm

Pay particular attention to the section Over balancing a MUD.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah but you have to be 100 1st to have a chance of those BH rewards... And at lvl 32 the costs aren't that high yet... But when it comes to the mid lvls around 60-99 a newby would basically be screwed...

I am talking about quest reward money for 100+ quests. I am NOT talking about bh rewards for 100+ people.

At lower levels you can pick and choose what quests you want to do based on exp, money, spirit, quest reward. Some quests give amazing money. Especially the new season quests. It is very easy to acquire money now at lower level compared to when i lvled my bm two years ago. My alts on benefit from flyers and mounts, the rest the alts are self sustaining.

Nirvana 1 run, 6 person squad 10 minute run (yes the 5 minute squads take 5 minutes to get back). Assume an average drop of 9 canny 1 rap. Rap at 1.3m, canny at 275k. That is a 630k split. You can do 6 runs an hour. That is 3.78m an hour, do it for 3 hours, 11.34m in hours. Do a tt 3-2, 3-3 run with friends/solo, will take 20 minutes, that is 9 runs. You are bound to get atleast 1 gold mat worth 10m in that run. Usually you get more. I fail to see where the quick, easy part is in making money in vana? Gold mats have a price limit. Yes they do, but they still sell quickly if you sell 50k~1m cheaper than the gold price, and not be a greedy person and charge the chip price or more.

Warsong, 30 minutes a run (old version). 6 badges a run. You need 60 badges for a weapon. That is 10 runs. That amounts to 5 hours. Sell the weapon mold for 90m~120m. That is 18m/hour minimum in full warsong. Beats vana by miles. If people on your server don't trust you enough to make your weapons, i can't help you with that.

Don't even get me started on Lunar.

I find it sad if people only play pwi for 1~3 instances. If pwi was that shallow, we wouldn't have other instances. If your character is made to only live in 1~3 instances, naturally you will be super annoyed. You were a specialist that lost the specialty and can not adjust. Either you learn to roll like other farmers, merchants, pve folks, cash shoppers, or quit. Those are the two ultimate choices in most things. Whether you accept it or not, say yes or no, do it or not do it.

If you had a personality that takes on challenges, you would reinvent your character, or start a new one and make use of the cheap prices and start enjoying the other aspects of pwi.
  • dude2509
    edited November 2012
    Ty PWI! i can t assist to this stupid event due to my work schedule and since this will kill any chance to farm any other instance (and no, I don t have a stupid 5aps sin) is over for me.. was fun... and pls I don t want to have your new QQ holder (aka oVenusArmanio ) making any comments on my post, wanna do a rebalance? make more of these events at different times, I m pretty sure I m not the only one that can t assist to this event at this time.. b:bye

Quick and simple answer for you... Time is not their problem and is based in the US timezone they already put TW to a decent time on certain days + they released EU servers after all the complaining, I do hate to say but we have to live with it.. I'm EU time here and if I cant do it then tough luck but regardless things are cheaper for gears for those who cant so ye hey ho cheer up people D:

@Reliea You're valid in what you say but still if its about coin then we have been lucky, many games out there require you to grind your butt off just to gain a little coin but this place rewards you for BH etc on top of that hmm Ok lets work this out raps used to be sold at 1.3ish mil and both caster and normal you were lucky if you got 3 at end of run then divide that by 6... compared to friday and sunday night i think where you can leave with 100+ raps to yourself which currently can be sold for 300k+ after thats died down i can imagine sticking around 200-300k as there will be people not ready for NW or not match their time schedule so its still a hefty profit to you personally, lets look at it this way 3 keys a day with possible 2 extra due to BH and thats if you do it daily so thats 5 runs a day (if you stack them then naturally more but = less days without keys) and most do not run vana unless x2 is active anyway and spend their time stacking until next time vs 100+ a day x2 a week and even level 100's with bad gear can join and still get rewards for participating after all those were made for making gear, we decided on making it a market god I remember when stuff was dirt cheap... Also about forcing PVP no its still your choice to go or not you can always buy off people, coin making there will be other options we just have to give it time.. I notice a lot of people offering refining services, dye services, G16 services, TM, not to mention general merching, farming, BH's and many more.. What happened to the people that used to run full BH for chance of book nopes now the BH boss is closer to the begining nobody bothers.. People that leave all those drops after a run I pick it up like a poor person and gain 100K+ just from that, thats how easy it is to gain coin just everything has been so high recently that people are now worrying... Things balance out as we tighten out belts, think of it as a pw recession until people are more sure and comfotable xD
  • dude2509
    edited November 2012
    Ah that sounds cool... So my job would basically to Bramble ppl, sneakily get some flags, and cast Bramble Hood on myself when a Sin is about to attack me (always fun to see melee classes kill themselves on it)... One last question: If I die will I be able to lose items or exp? Or is that all locked in there?

No loss :3 the only thing is if you die 6 times they send you back to your base and you have to choose piece of map you want to go to again and start all over and your contributions keep building \o/
  • dude2509
    edited November 2012
    I am talking about quest reward money for 100+ quests. I am NOT talking about bh rewards for 100+ people.

*cut shorter*

Perfect response and I salute you too o7
    More people with sense and less QQ here \o/
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Last time i checked encyclopedia in game, and it said on forges that you'll need 60 coins to make 1 raps and i don't recall the exchange rate for cannies. Anyone can confirm this or not?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Last time i checked encyclopedia in game, and it said on forges that you'll need 60 coins to make 1 raps and i don't recall the exchange rate for cannies. Anyone can confirm this or not?

This is the exchange that is used on PW-CN.

Over here it's just 1 token per rap, or 5 cannies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm sorry but what? You thought the people who worked hard and spent money would be sitting at the top forever? Do you live in the real world xD we do that every day of our lives but people seem to think nopes not on a game lol, what if PW started moaning at us everytime we left their game as we shouldn't have lives we should be playing forever D:

WAKE UP PEOPLE!! You have a f2p game what the hell are you moaning at o.O people moan about cash shoppers so they make it easier for all to have decent gear without dumping cash into a game that requires it to stay afloat and you STILL MOAN.. Just please all people moaning just GTFO you're all stupid and ungrateful x.x

You're talking like you're one of those lazy people who just stand around complaining about not having the gear you wanted while not even putting in an effort to get it yourself. ALL of those people are now thrilled that they can go into an instance, mash a few buttons and *POOF* they now have full sets of "Top-Tier" (to a degree) gear just handed to them.

Was Nirvana overly complicated? No. Did it give you a sense of accomplishment for what you've finally obtained? Sure did.

My wife and I busted hump to get our gear, we basically "finished" our mains to the point we wanted them and have recently started farming for alts. We were one mold away from having the alts finished and this happens.

Sure, we could still finish her gear, but what's the point? So we can go PvP against the Faceroll kiddies who sit out at West Gate? No thanks, too much drama. So we can do more wined TWs? I don't see the fun in that. So we can do Nation Wars 2 nights a week? What happens when we can't make it to that on multiple occasions and lose the ability to "farm"? We're both predominantly PvE players and you can call it snobby, stuck-up, arrogant or whatever but we enjoyed having that separation from the rest of the population. Yes there were people far better geared than we were, but we were happy with what we had and the work we had put into it.

In EVERY MMO there is a separation of players based on gear and in NO MMO has the playing field ever been leveled this quickly and in such a drastic manner. As others have stated (and I've stated earlier in this thread) you do not make anything obsolete, if you want to introduce new content you do it slowly.

I've played a few MMOs now and I will agree with everyone stating that change always happens, it does. But I have NEVER seen gear made so easily accessible, even when things were completely replaced the old, "sub-par" items were still left to be obtained the way they were intended.

To all those ranting about "They better not do a rollback and take away my precious gear!" how the hell do you think those of us that actually FARMED our gear feel? We just had all of that effort we put in over many months taking away in seconds when Nation Wars ended.

I completely agree that things need to get fixed and made easier to get because frankly, there is quite a bit in this game that was overly difficult (in terms of time) to get, but such a drastic change is bad.

Rollback please, fix your mistake, tweak it to accommodate everyone without negating a whole market and aspect of your game. Make people still actually work for their gear, not just hand it to them on a silver platter. Don't want to remove Nirvana drops from the forges completely then re-do the manufacturing cost and make it harder to obtain.

People should NOT be walking away with full sets of "End game" gear from 2 hours worth of work. It's just an asinine idea. That would be like somebody (and we're talking your average joe) going into work one day and being handed a check worth 10 times what he normally makes. "Here Bill, great work, you're complacent, don't do anything to improve your performance, here's a blank check, go get yourself something nice...". It doesn't work that way, in real life and a game you're supposed to work for your stuff. Two hours of PvP isn't "work".

All the people who are happy with this should ask some of the people who have gone to those infamous Private Servers and come back due to it being boring since everyone has everything handed to them.
  • SereneMyst - Archosaur
    SereneMyst - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    NW today was fun, no doubt. PvP coupled with the new maps and the Empire thingies was a great addition to PWI. However the Rewards from NWs are surely gonna cause Nirvana Squads to suffer a Setback.

Nirvana was supposed to be a farm-able instance, something that people looked forward to doing in 2x. With the mass rewards of Cannies and Raps from NWs, one wouldnt find any Nirvy Squads now. Nirvana was fun and the best part was making of the OP Gear. But with the new Expansion, the end result would be, everyone would be having Nirvy Gear. Sure, that would level the Playing Field a bit, but is it worth it? Most players Powerlevel and i am not against Powerlevelling, unless u don't know how to play your class. For example, Seekers in FC. or Sins at times, who don't know what a Sin Pull is. Or even Barbs at times, who don't realise when to Roar and when to Tank or switch to Human Form.

All NW Rewards does, is give a new reason for people to power-level, rather than sit back and enjoy the game as it is. All people would think is getting Nirvy/G16 Gear. Would they care to get R9, when u can now get G16 after spending only a pittance of what we used to spend? The Raps and Cannies rewards undermines the efforts that we made, from an year to achieve our Endgame Gear. People invested real money in the game to get what they needed at times. Will anyone care to invest money ingame due to the Endgame items getting so much cheaper?

It took me almost an year to farm all the stuff that made me 5 APS and R8 on my BM. I worked hard enough to achieve it. And no, i am not QQing over the NW stuff, all i am saying is, would anyone care to work for their stuffs now? Just play PWI on Weekends and do NWs and bam- U are OP. Most people would rush through the levels, but people dont realise the real fun u have is not at Lvl 100. Its more fun questing. Would u feel the excitement after u get what u had been working for, for over a long time? With NWs, u can pretty much farm G15 Traceless Dimension, if u start off with a Deicide.

As far as the Rank Sales are concerned, would anyone actually care to go R8 or R9 now that G16 is so much cheaper? Granted, R9 Recast and getting Summerwind Tokens is gonna be much much easier, but it should have taken into other factors into consideration for it.

All i am saying, its steadily killing the game. I would hate to see it die a slow death, it being my first MMORPG and undoubtedly, my favorite. I know, this post would be lost among the million others and would effect no change. But i did wanted to make a point. Whether u Veterans feel the same, i do not know.

Anyways, have a good day all :) Have fun b:cute