:( Unable to Update

Comments

• amyescence
    amyescence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I edited how to install the patches.. Hope that helps.
  • delicatee
    delicatee Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Turn off wlan or put your firewall on "deny all" for the time the patcher tries to connect to the internet, which will take (half) a minute or so.

Is there anyway to remove the automatic patch...it's crashing the game and I want to try the manual patch
  • akdsada
    akdsada Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    tried and nothing happened still stuck on patching thing no progress bar
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    Etherlan - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    akdsada wrote: »
    tried and nothing happened still stuck on patching thing no progress bar

Screenshot?
  • AlegnaEP - Raging Tide
    AlegnaEP - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hope someone can help. THe program refuses to accept the .cup file as a valid patch.

After a 3rd fresh install (this time on another drive) it ran and the auto update worked. BUT..

after that, the launcher checks it's version, shuts off, and nothing happens. The game does not run. What can I do now, or has fate decided I should give up Perfect World?
    Great Spirits have always encountered Violent Opposition from Mediocre Minds. ~Albert Einstein
  • akdsada
    edited November 2012
    that patch does actually not change anything
  • leo636
    leo636 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK... here's what happened. I started my launcher as usual today and i updated it. however when i got to the launcher screen, the theme was still descent and the update bars weren't going anywhere. "hmm that's strange" i said. I decided to x it out and try updating it again. then it wasn't x'ing out so i used task manager to end the programme. Now, however my launcher doesn't launch. I use the admin and nothing pops up. What do i do???
  • nobodyx
    nobodyx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To everyone posting annoying comments about other people being unable to follow your advices: PWI just messed up with the new autoupdate system, stop saying that it's our fault. When an update is released, it should work properly. I'm sure the PWI team will fix it as soon as possible, in the meantime, just wait and be patient. People like Mor_Toran aren't going to help anyone, they just enjoy bashing and making other people feel useless.
  • E$had - Heavens Tear
    E$had - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For help another people with the same problem, my question already was nicely answer here.

that works for me

tyvm

god bless you
  • killjoy88
    killjoy88 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I went to install the patch and my AVG said there was a trogen. I said to do it anyway and it made my game not work. I have tryed reimstalling the game 3 times any other help?
  • amyescence
    edited November 2012
    Is there anyway to remove the automatic patch...it's crashing the game and I want to try the manual patch

I added how to get the game working again, it worked for me, and if you do it how i say in the 1st post it'll work for you too! Good-luck getting ingame everyone...
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    akdsada wrote: »
    that patch does actually not change anything

Really? Cause I've been updated using that and playing for the past few hours. Even if you get Updated List Corrupted message, just ignore it. Don't click okay. The game will update anyway and you'll get a "client version the same" message. I clicked OK, game closed. Reopened it. I was good to go.
  • amyescence
    edited November 2012
    I made a semi guide on how to do it.. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1519881

Hope it helps
  • Etherlan - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    leo636 wrote: »
    OK... here's what happened. I started my launcher as usual today and i updated it. however when i got to the launcher screen, the theme was still descent and the update bars weren't going anywhere. "hmm that's strange" i said. I decided to x it out and try updating it again. then it wasn't x'ing out so i used task manager to end the programme. Now, however my launcher doesn't launch. I use the admin and nothing pops up. What do i do???

Open task manager, go into "Processes" and kill Launcher.exe, Patcher.exe, Elimentclient.exe, etc. Anything that says is associated with Perfect World Entertainment. Then try again, your game SHOULD then open again.

If not, a restart perhaps?
  • Berthabusti - Heavens Tear
    Berthabusti - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    THE HELL b:angry
  • akdsada
    edited November 2012
    still doesnt work for me havent got any of those messages no corrupt anything says patching files but nothing on the left progress bar only the right bar
  • Xx_Faron_xX - Archosaur
    Xx_Faron_xX - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I ran my update through the Core Connect and had zero issues. Verified just to be sure too. The new backgrounds look absolutely beautiful! Just wanted to thank everyone who posted help on the thread for ppl experiencing issues with the update.
  • kevinvangermeersch
    kevinvangermeersch Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i do update for pwi sirens of war and its an error i can't play wath i need to do
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Updated manual patches linked here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717

We are unable to mirror them, due to their size.

New client is in the works.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2012
    Updated manual patches linked here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2012
    Everyone is hammering on the autopatchers.

Looks like they forgot to update the download page links, they ARE hosted.

• darthpanda16
    edited November 2012

• darthpanda16
    edited November 2012

New client is in the works. This is for the English/US version.
  • akdsada
    edited November 2012
    so are u saying just check back in later for a patcher that works?
  • delicatee
    delicatee Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you get the "files corrupt" message with ec_patch_670-676.cup, open task manager and look if there is an element.exe running in background.

In my case it somehow was running "invisible" in the background aka not showing up on the taskbar (weird, weird), so the patcher couldnt overwrite the file which led to the message.

Now the manual patch works.

Btw., you dont have to download whole game again since the patcher (over)writes the files anyway.

Edit: Link to the manual patch: http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_670-676.cup
  • KensyFae - Dreamweaver
    KensyFae - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i did the start install look for archer icon i did clicked it and not its doing nothing now what do i do?
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2012
    Most likely a false positive, which can happen after a major update because so many files are changed. Your security software can get all distraught over it. You can either add the game folder and .exe files within to your exceptions lists, or temporarily fully disable your security software while updating until you login successfully.

There is usually pwprotector.exe, launcher.exe, elementclient.exe, I think. Plus, if the direct download has Pando Media Booster, it runs as PMB.exe (which you can uninstall AFTER you have installed the game). Please note, there is NOT a new game client with expansion content available yet, as of this post.

Tech support help is just a link away: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com
  • dreambeam
    dreambeam Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    takes only secconds for a virus to find my computer when it is unprotected
    so taking down my anti virus seems like trying to catch a mosquito with a sledge hammer

PackDLL.dll is a core programme of PWI, yet EVEN if I tell my firewall to trust it..
    it is caught for being a trojan
    obviously my virus scanner responds to the actions of this one, for I can declare it safe, but it still is caught: something seems seriously wrong with it

can't play : BUMMER
  • leo636
    leo636 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Open task manager, go into "Processes" and kill Launcher.exe, Patcher.exe, Elimentclient.exe, etc. Anything that says is associated with Perfect World Entertainment. Then try again, your game SHOULD then open again.

If not, a restart perhaps?

OMG it worked ty soooo much b:victory
  • AlegnaEP - Raging Tide
    AlegnaEP - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!

The autopatch doesn't work, the manual patch I downloaded 5 times now says "Update listed files error" and nothing is working on this program for hours of trying every trick anyone has posted in this forum today.

I WANT IT FIXED!

What the @!&#%! do I do now? Is fate really telling me to get a life or what?!? Computer rebooted, PWI expunged, ran ccleaner, rebooted, reinstalled a 4th time AND I STILL CAN"T GET IT TO UPDATE, or WORK after it tries.

BTW last poster with the link to the fix? It isn't an answer in that thread, it just made me waste my time reading yet another 5 pages of useless information.

PWI, are you out there somewhere?

Quad core AMD,
    8 Gb memory,
    64 bit Win 7,

So with all that, every other program I have works flawlessly and fast. But not yours. Why?

(last time we had to download an obsolete version of DirectX 9.0c to make Descent function. What's next?!?)
    Great Spirits have always encountered Violent Opposition from Mediocre Minds. ~Albert Einstein