• nagrown1
    nagrown1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    its patching now thanks so much for the info
  • NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver
    NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Heya :)

Not sure if this is the right place for this, so feel free to move it if im posting this in the wrong place.

I saw some people saying that in order to prevent problems like the fake trojan in the update we have to put pwi things in exceptions in the virusscanner.

I'm using AVG and it isn't the first time this happened for me (also with adobe acrobat reader) so i would like to know how i can add programs etc to the exceptions part.

I hope someone can help me out, im a total pc noob :P
  • kawaiichanh
    kawaiichanh Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    how many are you having update issues??
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Go through this thread i'm sure that will help you http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=850742&postcount=18
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    There are many ppl having this issues look around the threads u will find it .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Good luck counting b:chuckle
  • NanaFoxy - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Thanks! You're the best :) b:flower
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Glad that i can help you ,Feel Free To Ask anything ! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    3 year old laptop, started at 18:00 my time, checked again at 22:00 my time and it was done. just go do something else in the meantime O.o
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Hey guys I'm moving all the of the update problems to this one thread and will find all the solutions for you and post them here. This way you can get speedier information about the update. Thank you.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jenova498
    jenova498 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When I open my game it says game client is low. Exit and update. How do I do this. I thought game client was automatic when you patch update?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The launcher got an update too, did you update that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • jenova498
    edited November 2012
    yes the launcher updated but apparently not the game client
  • auraraine1
    auraraine1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patch...ch_670-676.cup

This fails on me as well
    Tells me its the same thing and closes

Anyone know how to Fix this I am getting Frustrated
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Try updating it again. Update here if u getting errors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    PWI is being read as a virus

Solution:

Explanation: Note about Virus Protection
    Most likely a false positive, which can happen after a major update because so many files are changed. Your security software can get all distraught over it. You can either add the game folder and .exe files within to your exceptions lists, or temporarily fully disable your security software while updating until you login successfully.

There is usually pwprotector.exe, launcher.exe, elementclient.exe, I think. Plus, if the direct download has Pando Media Booster, it runs as PMB.exe (which you can uninstall AFTER you have installed the game). Please note, there is NOT a new game client with expansion content available yet, as of this post.

Tech support help is just a link away: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com

Patcher missing with virus flag
    AVG and certain other anti virus programs are flagging the update with a false positive. There is no virus.

Consider the fact that elementclient.exe is a program downloaded from the internet that takes information installed on your computer and shares it with the servers however far away from you they may be.

Consider the fact that a trojan virus is a program usually downloaded from the internet that takes information installed on your computer and shares it to someplace else however far away from you it may be.

It's easy for a program to mistake something safe (the game) for something malicious (an actual virus)

Now, for the missing patcher, someone uploaded it to drop box so you shouldn't have to reinstall the whole game.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18070441&postcount=23

Other things you may have to disable
    Updated manual patches linked here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717

We are unable to mirror them, due to their size.

New client is in the works.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

GM NOTE
    False positives can happen after EVERY update, and often do. Some existing files change, and new ones added or replaced. Some security software does not like this.

PWE would not be doing very good business by having tens of millions of players with viruses put on their systems by our games.

Please always make sure you download the game and patches directly from us. Or, when we mirror patches, linked directly by us on the forums.

Problem with Manual Patching

Solutions

Using the manual patch
    Do not start the game launcher. Exit it out, restart your PC if you need to.

See if this helps:

Go to the folder you saved it to. Right click on it and select Open with. Browse to the game folder and select the PWI launcher file as the one to open .cup patch files with. Select ok.

Double click on the cup file. The launcher may come up and ask you to select auto patch location. You can, but cancel and unselect the check boxes for updating online.

It should start updating from the manual patch.

If you try Manual from the game launcher, it may give you that error.

You can also try the auto patcher, select which way you want to update. It can take 30 mins to 3 hours to complete the auto update.

If it still isn't working
    Open task manager, go into "Processes" and kill Launcher.exe, Patcher.exe, Elimentclient.exe, etc. Anything that says is associated with Perfect World Entertainment. Then try again, your game SHOULD then open again.

If not, a restart perhaps?

If Patcher is in German
    amyescence wrote: »
    What is going on...? Whenever i try to patch my client it turns German and says "unable to patch, select new server"

Anyone know the solution to this?

http://imgur.com/qOcwV

EDIT!!!: This is how i got my PWI client to actually start downloading everything and working:

FOLLOW ALL STEPS.

1, If you tried to update it and your patcher looks different, you will need to reinstall the game.
    To find the install without having to redownload the game from the internet follow these steps.
    Windows Vista/7 (don't know about XP) Start>Type "install" in the search bar> look for the icon that looks like a Archer. IF IT SAYS SOMETHING IS MISSING YOU NEED TO RE-DOWNLOAD PWI

2, REINSTALL THE GAME!

3, Open the patcher DO NOT PATCH ANYTHING YET!!!!!! If it asks you to update click NO!

4, go here : http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download and download the patches.
    For the Siren update use this link - http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patch...ch_670-676.cup

5, DO NOT USE AUTOMATIC PATCHING!! If you are having the problems described in this thread IT DOESN'T WORK! once those patches are downloaded click "No" if it asks for automatic patching.

6, use the button : Manual Patch and use the patches to update the game.

Good-luck!

More complicated issues/other OS
    Sounds like it may be best to send in a ticket to tech support, and fully explain what you have tried so far. You should include your system dxdiag.txt and hijackthis logs if you can please. Info about those in the Support knowledge base up top ^

Make sure that one of the game files is not already running while you try the manual patch. You may have to restart your system and try again.
    I never used Mac personally in this case you have a get in touch with a Gm through Customer Support or from our New Technical Support Zone. Good Luck !

• jenova498
    edited November 2012
    The launcher only gets as far as the game client update and then it reads server error try another server. and part of the download my antivirus picked up as a trojan. I think the problem is within the download for the update.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    The patch have no problem it is your anti-virus which is giving you a false positive about the patch file, Add PWI files/folders to exception list and u maybe have to disable your anti-virus/security/firewall in order to download,update,play the game.

To make it fast and easier for you i suggest few steps use Torrent method to download the game it is faster and reliable , Freshly download the manual patch and update the game.
    Enjoy Hope to see you in game soon !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Moving this to keep the information in one place. Also thanks Sizzer for your help with all of this.

• _Roanish_ - Harshlands
    _Roanish_ - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Im tired of PWI... after letting the auto patch update for 7 hrs now i get the msg on saying game up-date terminated try again later... This is after having all anti virus monitors turned off.... Also had to completly uninstall my wifes game off her computer and re installing. This has been my worst experience in the last several years of playing....b:angryb:irritatedb:angry
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    PWI is being read as a virus

Solution:

Explanation: Note about Virus Protection
    Most likely a false positive, which can happen after a major update because so many files are changed. Your security software can get all distraught over it. You can either add the game folder and .exe files within to your exceptions lists, or temporarily fully disable your security software while updating until you login successfully.

There is usually pwprotector.exe, launcher.exe, elementclient.exe, I think. Plus, if the direct download has Pando Media Booster, it runs as PMB.exe (which you can uninstall AFTER you have installed the game). Please note, there is NOT a new game client with expansion content available yet, as of this post.

Tech support help is just a link away: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com

Patcher missing with virus flag
    AVG and certain other anti virus programs are flagging the update with a false positive. There is no virus.

Consider the fact that elementclient.exe is a program downloaded from the internet that takes information installed on your computer and shares it with the servers however far away from you they may be.

Consider the fact that a trojan virus is a program usually downloaded from the internet that takes information installed on your computer and shares it to someplace else however far away from you it may be.

It's easy for a program to mistake something safe (the game) for something malicious (an actual virus)

Now, for the missing patcher, someone uploaded it to drop box so you shouldn't have to reinstall the whole game.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18070441&postcount=23

Other things you may have to disable
    Updated manual patches linked here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717

We are unable to mirror them, due to their size.

New client is in the works.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

GM NOTE
    False positives can happen after EVERY update, and often do. Some existing files change, and new ones added or replaced. Some security software does not like this.

PWE would not be doing very good business by having tens of millions of players with viruses put on their systems by our games.

Please always make sure you download the game and patches directly from us. Or, when we mirror patches, linked directly by us on the forums.

Problem with Patching

Solutions

Using the manual patch
    Do not start the game launcher. Exit it out, restart your PC if you need to.

See if this helps:

Go to the folder you saved it to. Right click on it and select Open with. Browse to the game folder and select the PWI launcher file as the one to open .cup patch files with. Select ok.

Double click on the cup file. The launcher may come up and ask you to select auto patch location. You can, but cancel and unselect the check boxes for updating online.

It should start updating from the manual patch.

If you try Manual from the game launcher, it may give you that error.

You can also try the auto patcher, select which way you want to update. It can take 30 mins to 3 hours to complete the auto update.

If it still isn't working
    Open task manager, go into "Processes" and kill Launcher.exe, Patcher.exe, Elimentclient.exe, etc. Anything that says is associated with Perfect World Entertainment. Then try again, your game SHOULD then open again.

If not, a restart perhaps?

If Patcher is in German
    amyescence wrote: »
    What is going on...? Whenever i try to patch my client it turns German and says "unable to patch, select new server"

Anyone know the solution to this?

http://imgur.com/qOcwV

EDIT!!!: This is how i got my PWI client to actually start downloading everything and working:

FOLLOW ALL STEPS.

1, If you tried to update it and your patcher looks different, you will need to reinstall the game.
    To find the install without having to redownload the game from the internet follow these steps.
    Windows Vista/7 (don't know about XP) Start>Type "install" in the search bar> look for the icon that looks like a Archer. IF IT SAYS SOMETHING IS MISSING YOU NEED TO RE-DOWNLOAD PWI

2, REINSTALL THE GAME!

3, Open the patcher DO NOT PATCH ANYTHING YET!!!!!! If it asks you to update click NO!

4, go here : http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download and download the patches.
    For the Siren update use this link - http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patch...ch_670-676.cup

5, DO NOT USE AUTOMATIC PATCHING!! If you are having the problems described in this thread IT DOESN'T WORK! once those patches are downloaded click "No" if it asks for automatic patching.

6, use the button : Manual Patch and use the patches to update the game.

Good-luck!

More complicated issues/other OS
    Sounds like it may be best to send in a ticket to tech support, and fully explain what you have tried so far. You should include your system dxdiag.txt and hijackthis logs if you can please. Info about those in the Support knowledge base up top ^

Make sure that one of the game files is not already running while you try the manual patch. You may have to restart your system and try again.
    I never used Mac personally in this case you have a get in touch with a Gm through Customer Support or from our New Technical Support Zone. Good Luck !

Keeping this on the last page.

• ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Im tired of PWI... after letting the auto patch update for 7 hrs now i get the msg on saying game up-date terminated try again later... This is after having all anti virus monitors turned off.... Also had to completly uninstall my wifes game off her computer and re installing. This has been my worst experience in the last several years of playing....b:angryb:irritatedb:angry

Don't use the autopatcher for now. See above posts.

• _Roanish_ - Harshlands
    _Roanish_ - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    would've been nice to see this at 0630 am west coast time... I'm done until it gets sorted outed.... But thanks, Im not wasting anymore time on the game today.... QQQQ
  • Lx - Dreamweaver
    Lx - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hi
    i want ask what is different on update Patch 670-676 and Patch 658-676
  • auraraine1
    auraraine1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i tried the manual update and I get Version and client are the same and it closes it does not let me update at all.
  • lunadiviner
    lunadiviner Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've read through most of this thread and nothing seems to be helping my issue. When I open the launcher and it begins the auto update I get a message about the progress bar thing that says "Please try another update server" and then it looks like it's updating, but it doesn't show any actual progress. When I try the manual patch, no matter what file I use it says "Files are Corrupt" and won't do it. I checked my firewalls and anti-virus programs and there are no signs of it being read as a virus, nor have I gotten any pop ups saying that it's a threat. I've uninstalled and re-installed it and the same thing keeps happening. It's really quite aggravating, considering this has never happened before.

Right now, my launcher appears to be updating...there's an orange bar repeatedly flashing below "Please wait..." on the bottom right and nothing below "Updating files..." on the bottom left. It's been like that for the passed 3 hours and I have no idea what it's doing.
  • wasmeboi
    wasmeboi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    yea i get that problem too. :(
  • lo324
    lo324 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i have tryed installing a new client and also manual and auto patching and i have dl both patches

the problum is it keeps deleting the codeing for the quick links and also delets the main file for starting it up

i belive thay have deleted something that thay should not off

i have been trying all day since 9am GMT

deleted and installed 15 times and tried all the patching methords and it still dont wanna work

lo324
  • jenova498
    edited November 2012
    Snowycookie.. I did not download the wrong one. The launcher itself does my downloads and it is the one reading it as a problem and my antivirus is picking up part of the download as a virus. You do not know what you are talking about so stop telling me what you think I did wrong.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    jenova498 wrote: »
    Snowycookie.. I did not download the wrong one. The launcher itself does my downloads and it is the one reading it as a problem and my antivirus is picking up part of the download as a virus. You do not know what you are talking about so stop telling me what you think I did wrong.

Please read my post on the last page. It addresses your issue.