Things you don't want to hear your squadmates say

Comments

• akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Venos arguing how people should use rhinodrakes instead of glacials (though rhinos are less dumb that I admit) and venos like: " but i dont want to take my wolf away its cute but i need better pet " When you suggest her one, she comes up with " but thats too low lvl/ thats ugly "

After playing veno for 4 years, it's the ''i know it's weak but it's cute so i'll keep him blabla'' veno that's I somehow want to smack with a newspaper as my biggest pet peeve . Along with the "It's a rare pet, it makes me look pro'' veno.

Though I admit I like walking around Arch with a mechrab in tow.b:avoid
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    akosireann wrote: »
    After playing veno for 4 years, it's the ''i know it's weak but it's cute so i'll keep him blabla'' veno that's I somehow want to smack with a newspaper as my biggest pet peeve . Along with the "It's a rare pet, it makes me look pro'' veno.

Though I admit I like walking around Arch with a mechrab in tow.b:avoid

After all, a veno is more than a pet tamer only. Of course, you should have some different pets for different situations, but you dont need typical pets to be a good veno.

Better use a pet you actually LIKE than just one that seems strong. The best Venomancer I met on both Sanctuary and Morma servers used its Kowlin/Shaodu till 95 when she got a nix after opening about 10 packs.

Any Veno who uses a wolf, lynx or skatefish doesnt have to be fail, just because there are better dd-pets or tank-pets. That shows that the person really played the game and not googled "Whats the best pet" only.
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Any Veno who uses a wolf, lynx or skatefish doesnt have to be fail, just because there are better dd-pets or tank-pets. That shows that the person really played the game and not googled "Whats the best pet" only.

Since we're off-topic here and on veno pets... The Skatefish is actually a decent choice.

Comparing numbers at 96 (Because that's what level my veno is)...
    Nix HP 3671 Attack 4583 Pdef 9552 Mdef 11462 dps 4853
    Pig HP 3324 Attack 2077 Pdef 8645 Mdef 8027 dps 1846
    Ska HP 2394 Attack 3636 Pdef 6225 Mdef 6225 dps 2680
    Fly HP 2429 Attack 3691 Pdef 6321 Mdef 6321 dps 2721

That's pretty much your top 4 air pets. Skatefish isn't a bad trade for not being as annoying to use as the Sawfly. Sure it doesn't have the Def of the Pig, but then the Pig can't hit worth a damn either.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sort of back on topic......

Common Chat at Arch: Random Person: Need help please killing Skeleranc Craftsman
    Me Whisper: What level and class are you?
    Random Person: 26 Veno
    Me: They should be easy for a veno, your doing something wrong. What pet are you using.
    Random Person: Oh wait I forgot about my pet........
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Sort of back on topic......

Common Chat at Arch: Random Person: Need help please killing Skeleranc Craftsman
    Me Whisper: What level and class are you?
    Random Person: 26 Veno
    Me: They should be easy for a veno, your doing something wrong. What pet are you using.
    Random Person: Oh wait I forgot about my pet........
    Reminds me of this girl that only plays veno because she likes how small they are.

b:surrender
  • Lucrecia - Momaganon
    Lucrecia - Momaganon Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Reminds me of this girl that only plays veno because she likes how small they are.

b:surrender

Thats really annoying. I cant tell how many times ive met venos and female clerics who just played the class because of how they looked, even if they had no clue how to play them.
    Thats why i hate when someone writes:
    "I dont want another veno/cleric in our squad".

I usually translate this as "Im fail and i dont want you to see that someone is better than me".

I mean, i can understand the point if we need to fill the spot with someone more important. For example, we already have a cleric and need a barb. Then i would prefer a barb of course. But if we have some spots free im happy if i get some pms at all. And I dont care about lady
    Do you believe in life before death?
  • Oliiander - Lost City
    Oliiander - Lost City Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thats really annoying. I cant tell how many times ive met venos and female clerics who just played the class because of how they looked, even if they had no clue how to play them.

;~;
    If you want pretty, go play the sparklies. b:surrender
    Olii takes offence at the females part, males can be vain too! D'8
    My squishiness is (Usually) unrivaled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Finally decided to give Olii her own banner.b:chuckle
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    RoseWater_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think Mysts/Psys are prettier imo >.>
    On topic: Ooops, Left my gear on another toon, brb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • shakeforcake
    shakeforcake Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So... Im out of potsb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
  • blood91zg
    blood91zg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Barb in FC "can any1 pull i haw charm"
    BM "i'm an aps DD can't stun or HF" (at lvl80 with fists & w/o int gear)
    Seeker wth BP and +more buffs "can't pull+vortex i'll gat kill'd" "huh wtf is BA ?" "ah did lvl fail skill wth high CD for 6sac."
    "pro +100 Veno" on HT "my pats are lvl80 i don't need them" he/she pull's mobs "lol fail barb" (Barb wos in human form for 79skill to start pull) = kill's squad in Abaddon
  • _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver
    _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ... I know, old threadtype but I wanted to resurrect it for laughs and this time it's for all classes! b:laugh

So... What things you DONT wanna hear from the squadmates? Share the failz and we shall avoid them! b:shocked

One of my favourites from clerics

" IH doesnt stack "
    from another veno when asked to pull out pet "I don't use pets"...?!! another favie of mine from Fail BM "stop roaring your pet"~I wasn't...the right answer is " I am a fail BM and am unable to hold aggro...would you please unbuff your petb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    "Forming FCC 90-98, 1 spots left for healer" ... What a stupid way to wc.

Or level 100 barbs saying they can't pull FCC without cleric. Then get a cleric and say they can't without a BM. Then suggest getting their sin and stealth with one half of the squad...
    Just... eh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • akosireann
    edited October 2012
    Just before this latest maint i was in a bh SoT squad. We had no barb in squad until capti. Our seeker wc'ed for a barb but to no avail. Then we read wc chat that we will have maint in 5 minutes or so. So our seeker got the ''tankiest'' toon he could get.

It was another seeker.

Cleric: we are so doomed.
    Me in my veno(in whisper): why?
    Cleric(whisper): his unbuffed hp is 12k and i know most seekers are lousy tanks
    Second seeker: I can't log in my barb now, it will be too,late
    First seeker: No prob just get in here and see what we can do

Turns out our second seeker was full T3 nirv with a +10 Astral Ballad. Capti was dead a lot faster than we expected from a squad with no bm. Still we had enough time to say goodbye for a fast run.

Considering that it was a cleric that said that our run is doomed cause we are barbless and bmless made me question her confidence.
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lol everyone's picking on venos mostly on this thread.
    sounds like most venos on pwi are DUMB
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012

They are jealous of those swishing tails b:dirty.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I think it's more noticeable when a Venomancer isn't competent. A bad DD will just blend in the background with the rest and a bad Cleric will still BB and throw in a heal or two but a Venomancer's role in a squad is quite specific and if they can't perform their duties it's noticeable right away.

That or dumb Venomancers are the most memorable ones :P

I know this thread is mostly about squadmates saying things, not necessarily doing things but I had to say it lol.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2012

No, it's just that most of them are too idiot to know how they should effectively play... I know of some but I won't name them because I don't want to humiliate them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think it's more noticeable when a Venomancer isn't competent. A bad DD will just blend in the background with the rest and a bad Cleric will still BB and throw in a heal or two but a Venomancer's role in a squad is quite specific and if they can't perform their duties it's noticeable right away.

That or dumb Venomancers are the most memorable ones :P

I know this thread is mostly about squadmates saying things, not necessarily doing things but I had to say it lol.

I tend to notice when the cleric is incompetent over the veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I tend to notice when the cleric is incompetent over the veno.

I... keep an eye on the entire squad and buffs/debuffs much more easily when I'm on a DD so I'll notice pretty much anyone being stupid far more easily. When I'm tanking or healing, though, it becomes harder to notice compared to the average failure unless they do something totally dumb and I have to keep saving them unnecessarily or they make things harder on me by not using certain debuffs (I'm looking at you, sins that don't rib strike), overwriting stuff constantly, and so on.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    I... keep an eye on the entire squad and buffs/debuffs much more easily when I'm on a DD so I'll notice pretty much anyone being stupid far more easily. When I'm tanking or healing, though, it becomes harder to notice compared to the average failure unless they do something totally dumb and I have to keep saving them unnecessarily or they make things harder on me by not using certain debuffs (I'm looking at you, sins that don't rib strike), overwriting stuff constantly, and so on.

Both of what I colored makes me rage so badly. One sin I asked politely to ribstrike. They used every damn skill on their skill tree but.

And on my archer I hate it when someone overwrites my STA with an extremely low level one.

Or on my veno, when my Myriad Rainbow finally armor/mind breaks and someone overwrites.

b:sad

That last one isn't too bad, since no one can really tell.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • truekossy
    edited October 2012
    Both of what I colored makes me rage so badly. One sin I asked politely to ribstrike. They used every damn skill on their skill tree but.

And on my archer I hate it when someone overwrites my STA with an extremely low level one.

Or on my veno, when my Myriad Rainbow finally armor/mind breaks and someone overwrites.

b:sad

That last one isn't too bad, since no one can really tell.

Personally the last one ticks me off a lot more than the second. At least with sharp it doesn't matter outside of PK since the mob won't regen the HP knocked off even if someone else overwrites it.

For the phys/mag breaks though... it's REALLY noticeable when they're up... and REALLY annoying when 2 seconds into it I see someone use a debuff to get rid of it. I've been tempted several times to tell people not to debuff at all just so they'd stop overwriting my armor/mind breaks. x_X
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Personally the last one ticks me off a lot more than the second. At least with sharp it doesn't matter outside of PK since the mob won't regen the HP knocked off even if someone else overwrites it.

For the phys/mag breaks though... it's REALLY noticeable when they're up... and REALLY annoying when 2 seconds into it I see someone use a debuff to get rid of it. I've been tempted several times to tell people not to debuff at all just so they'd stop overwriting my armor/mind breaks. x_X

I feel your pain, True. I feel it in here. *thumps chest*

Maybe it's because people forget Myriad and that venos have it because most venos (at least the ones I've run with in the past) do not even have the skill anymore. Last time I saw it used was during Celestial Tigers. And this was when I wasn't on my veno.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    How do you tell apart armour break from other phy debuff of devour, cleric, gs? The symbol looks the same. When going 5 aps, hard to tell the dd difference other than "wow hp dropped quickly".

STA is useful, especially in delta, and sage version more so, but it is so easy to overwrite it. Deicides will do it automatically or a sage rib striking sin if they exist b:shutup. As long as there is a hp debuff i am happy.
  • Connera - Heavens Tear
    Connera - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Overriding STA has no negative effect on anything at all.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=501002
    I'm hated by former friends, entire factions, PWE, and people I've never met before. I'm hated on servers I've never logged onto.

... and I honestly wasn't even trying.

Enrage has nothing on me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XLeeu - Heavens Tear
    XLeeu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    b:laughb:laugh

Ran a FF last night lvl's 86-96

Squad :

Barb lvl 88 (Me)
    Archer lvl 86
    Cleric lvl 95
    Seeker lvl 91
    Sin lvl 89
    Sin lvl 86

At heads this happened ( i have the screenshots cause it was so funny, but dont know how to post it )

Seeker asked if we could just wat 2 min - his child was crying. We had no problem with that cause we know real life happens. We stopped hypers and waited for seeker to get back. The following discussion happened.

Archer: Awesome job on mobs all - Let's get some head !
    Sin 1 : Woot EXP time !!!
    Sin 2 : Cleric please setup RB - when heads are activated
    Barb : YEAH - woot - Speed boost on my pathetic lvl 4 bow HEHEHE
    Cleric : What's RB?
    Sin 2: You kidding right ?
    Cleric : No.....whats RB?
    Sin 2 : The one where you make a red circle on ground and we can shoot faster with bows
    Cleric : I dont have a skill called RB
    Archer : Its called Heavens Wrath - Its a skill you get at lvl 59 or 60 if i remember.
    Cleric : Let me check

couple seconds later

Seeker: Back - sooooo sorry guys - she is sleeping again
    Sin 1: WB
    Barb :WB no problem mate
    Cleric : ummm i dont have that skill - Never learned it. dont see a need.
    Sin 1: WTF ??? Dont see a need ? Have you EVER done a FF before ?
    Cleric : ...... whatever ...

so we did heads without RB - LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tried to sleep last night when my A.D.D kicked in :
    1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, cow, donkey, pig, Old McDonald had a farm YEAH.... Macarena !
  • akosireann
    edited November 2012
    I think it's more noticeable when a Venomancer isn't competent.

Since 99% percent of venos now pander themselves as a support class, this quote cannot be more true. The more you play support and the more others expect you of your support skills, the more irksome it gets to me when I hear comments like this.

''You're the first veno i saw that gave me chi''- a seeker in a delta.

I pity that poor seeker teaming up with hooches disguised as venos
    Go Pure or go Fail

Status of PvP in RT

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I so cry when a cleric or veno without demon Ironwood or MYSTIC overwrites devour .. ...

or seekers telling me to not use devour when they want to use gemini with status ..... -.-
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It's not something they say, but more what they do

Clerics (it's always clerics. sometimes other classes but almost always clerics) with full magic defence ornaments. WHEN IN BB. Or just one with TT99 magic ornaments.

Especially the ones with TT99 ornaments, if I tell them to get phys ornaments (after going squish on 3th boss in Caster nirvana again) they say they don't have money for it. Seriusly, spend all you had on that necklace? It just hurts me.

Incidently, these people are also almost the only ones without blessing b:surrender
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I so cry when a cleric or veno without demon Ironwood or MYSTIC overwrites devour .. ...

or seekers telling me to not use devour when they want to use gemini with status ..... -.-

That's the thing with veno, if they use Myriad Rainbow or ironwood scarab, it looks the same on status icon. The animations for skills is different.
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    That's the thing with veno, if they use Myriad Rainbow or ironwood scarab, it looks the same on status icon. The animations for skills is different.
    How do you tell apart armour break from other phy debuff of devour, cleric, gs? The symbol looks the same. When going 5 aps, hard to tell the dd difference other than "wow hp dropped quickly".

Yeah. You have to be either watching your damage or know what the animation is... but most don't do either of the two and then overbuff right after what I see as an obvious phys/magic break.