New Skill Rebalance In China

Options

Comments

• Catal - Lost City
    Catal - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I wished they would cut down the mp usage of Seeker's Vortex b:surrender
    if you need to keep up vortex with mp charm throw on a MP helm or get 2 rings with + mp but with out those herbs will keep it up the prob is not the mana cost of vortex but the small mana pool of HA classes
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    -snip-

I fear I'm gonna go off-topic here...but I had to respond to you.

The difference with sins in PWI from most games (the biggest difference) is that, unlike most games, stealth in PWI has no negative effects. Most games have a slow effect, or a time limit, or xxx skills can't be used, etc. PWI's negative effect? A pathetic mp drain that cleric buffs alone can more or less remove. Hell, before they nerf it, you could even demon spark in stealth.

Stealth is powerful, but yes it is something any assassin class would require, people know that, it was just the way stealth was implemented in the game that pissed people off so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Seems really unfair to Mystics

Man all the classes got some cool new stuff while mystics got jack **** for 2 patches in a row :/ (mass rezz and some buffs you cast once every 30 mins is not "content").
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I can see the bulk of players here can only understand how a bm works but every other type of melee fighter is beyond their scope. So, the assassin would have become some type of bm clone if the bulk of players had something to say.

haha i wish that most of the ppl knew how to fully work a bm. the number of pros compared to the number that class is played at is laughable. most new bms can barly stunlock, once ppl have a way around that they go derpy and die within secondes. i wont get into the topic of swords and spears to much but most r even to dumb to carry a spear around for glacial cuz "dragons r obviously better". or "why waste money on a wep ill barely use". its not hard to be ok on a bm but very few ppl have ever reached pro lvl in my opinion
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Man all the classes got some cool new stuff while mystics got jack **** for 2 patches in a row :/ (mass rezz and some buffs you cast once every 30 mins is not "content").

i kinda just see it as they already think the class is fairly balanced and dosnt need to much help. kinda seems like a vote of confidence from pwi to me
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That's funny, clerics be complaining all day about what Mystics are getting.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That's funny, clerics be complaining all day about what Mystics are getting.

That's because they don't have anything better to do while looking at their char BB'ing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Not sure if someone has already posted but forgot to put that seekers magic attacks will also trigger God of Frenzy as the P attacks do thought id add that if someone posted already sorry i didnt feel like reading 18 pages (excluding Edged Blur)
    THIS. It all makes sense now! My original translation had me thinking they activated a stance, but, this makes a ton more sense.

EDIT* Huge credit to Catal for finding this juicy info. Updated the follow skills to suit:

Battousai:
    Can now trigger "Sacrificial Strike" and "God of Frenzy".*
    All versions have had their cast time reduced to 1.3 seconds.

Heartseeker:
    "Can now trigger "Sacrificial Strike" and "God of Frenzy".*
    Demon and Sage have had their immobilize rate increased to 100%.
    Sage now deals an additional 1600 damage, replacing it's effect.
    Demon now immobilizes for an additional 2 seconds, replacing it's effect.

Ion Spike:
    Demon and Sage have had their weapon damage increased to 200%, additional damage is increased to 5100, Metal resistance is now reduced by 50%, and, duration is increased to 15 seconds.
    Demon now increases the duration by a further 10 seconds, replacing it's effect. (25 seconds)
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    empower already OP class like the Seeker. Thats a great balance lol...
  • Defaultwomen - Raging Tide
    Defaultwomen - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    THIS. It all makes sense now! My original translation had me thinking they activated a stance, but, this makes a ton more sense.

EDIT* Huge credit to Catal for finding this juicy info. Updated the follow skills to suit:

Battousai:
    All versions have had their cast time reduced to 1.3 seconds.

Heartseeker:
    "Can now trigger "Sacrificial Strike" and "God of Frenzy".*
    Demon and Sage have had their immobilize rate increased to 100%.
    Demon now immobilizes for an additional 2 seconds, replacing it's effect.

Ion Spike:
    Demon and Sage have had their weapon damage increased to 200%, additional damage is increased to 5100, Metal resistance is now reduced by 50%, and, duration is increased to 15 seconds.
    Demon now increases the duration by a further 10 seconds, replacing it's effect. (25 seconds)

Holy ****
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    empower already OP class like the Seeker. Thats a great balance lol...

the *** are you smoking
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    the *** are you smoking

Seeker is not op? I am smoking? please..
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Anything in Full R9 +12 and JOSD is OP.

It also makes sins MORE OP. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Anything in Full R9 +12 and JOSD is OP.

It also makes sins MORE OP. b:chuckle

Yeah and we've pretty much gotten totally left out in the past two skill updates.

What we got from Morai? A weak DoT AoE, a curiosity skill, a squad stealth, a funky reflect and a useless forced-drop skill.

What we're getting now? Said weak DoT AoE being turned even weaker, plus a fixing a broken skill (Sage Raving Slash had Frenzy, not a def-level debuff). And I sure hope that they're not planning to replace the 4676 bleed on Puncture wound with 200% weapon damage, as that would be weaker than the previous for most Assassins.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yeah and we've pretty much gotten totally left out in the past two skill updates.

What we got from Morai? A weak DoT AoE, a curiosity skill, a squad stealth, a funky reflect and a useless forced-drop skill.

What we're getting now? Said weak DoT AoE being turned even weaker, plus a fixing a broken skill (Sage Raving Slash had Frenzy, not a def-level debuff). And I sure hope that they're not planning to replace the 4676 bleed on Puncture wound with 200% weapon damage, as that would be weaker than the previous for most Assassins.

Please short of stun skills, speed, leap and chi skills you guys don't even use a lot of the skills you do have. Bleed helps but sin are already powerful they actually don't need any skill updates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options

Oh boo hiss. You got 5+ CC skills. 2 Teleport skills. 2 stealth skills with NO penalty. 2 Very unbalanced survival skills. And the highest single target DPS in the game. What could you seriously want more of...

A sin can CC lock an opponent to death even easier then a BM can and that's supposed to be their all-in combo.

This is to make more people want to play other classes instead of being "just another sin"

And using the "we are squishy" isn't exactly a valid excuse when archers are in the same boat as you only difference is we have range and not as many CC skills.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Oh boo hiss. You got 5+ CC skills. 2 Teleport skills. 2 stealth skills with NO penalty. 2 Very unbalanced survival skills. And the highest single target DPS in the game. What could you seriously want more of...

A sin can CC lock an opponent to death even easier then a BM can and that's supposed to be their all-in combo.

This is to make more people want to play other classes instead of being "just another sin"

And using the "we are squishy" isn't exactly a valid excuse when archers are in the same boat as you only difference is we have range and not as many CC skills.

This...

amazing that some people actually think sins need a boost update -___-

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options

Oh, I wasn't saying that we need some kind of imbalanced improvements, just that they shouldn't give us useless additions.

What's the point in adding a skill like Spoils of War, when it's mostly useless? I mean, how many people do you know that are in PK mode, carry a bunch of DQs and do not have either Safety Lock or Guardian Scrolls?

I can see Death Chain and Death Link having use in group PvP situations. Similarly, Shadow Sight is useful in Nirvana or for merchants.

And Toxic Torrent just feels like it's from 2009. A big lot of the DoT skills got shortened in this update, and yet Toxic Torrent remains at 30 seconds. Again, I can see it having uses in PvP for stealth preventation, but as an AoE it's ****.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Oh, I wasn't saying that we need some kind of imbalanced improvements, just that they shouldn't give us useless additions.

What's the point in adding a skill like Spoils of War, when it's mostly useless? I mean, how many people do you know that are in PK mode, carry a bunch of DQs and do not have either Safety Lock or Guardian Scrolls?

I can see Death Chain and Death Link having use in group PvP situations. Similarly, Shadow Sight is useful in Nirvana or for merchants.

And Toxic Torrent just feels like it's from 2009. A big lot of the DoT skills got shortened in this update, and yet Toxic Torrent remains at 30 seconds. Again, I can see it having uses in PvP for stealth preventation, but as an AoE it's ****.

Spoils of war was specifically for China's Version to combat DQ botters.b:lipcurl

Just like the DQ nerfs we got were to fight China's Bot system. PWE can't exactly just make up a new skill to replace it for us in our version.

Toxic is another AoE you didn't have in your arsenal that sins complained about having only 2 AoEs for quite a while. Sure it's not amazing but it's another skill that you can toss on while waiting for cooldowns. I mean look at Hornyrage Eagelon. That is the MOST USELESS skill I'd have to say in the game and you don't hear us complaining about it. We just make jokes about it impregnating people.

And it goes back to my above post. What more could you honestly need? If anything I say they should cut down some of your abilities.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Spoils of war was specifically for China's Version to combat DQ botters.b:lipcurl

Just like the DQ nerfs we got were to fight China's Bot system. PWE can't exactly just make up a new skill to replace it for us in our version.

Toxic is another AoE you didn't have in your arsenal that sins complained about having only 2 AoEs for quite a while. Sure it's not amazing but it's another skill that you can toss on while waiting for cooldowns. I mean look at Hornyrage Eagelon. That is the MOST USELESS skill I'd have to say in the game and you don't hear us complaining about it. We just make jokes about it impregnating people.

And it goes back to my above post. What more could you honestly need? If anything I say they should cut down some of your abilities.

But you have to think of the developers. Assassin is by far the most popular class, so nerfing them would produce quite an outrage. And heck, look at some of the skills of other classes, there's plenty of things which are pretty much useless, like most starter skills and most DoT skills.

So you ask me, they should indeed improve the useless skills. If that puts everyone closer to the sins, that's fine with me. But the last thing I want is a major nerf for Assassins. And it's not because I enjoy being overpowered, it's because I enjoy the class and because I've spent much time and funds on the character. The closest equivalent to an Assassin in terms of gameplay would be a BM, but since I got tons of bound LA gear, making a BM wouldn't exactly be a plausible option. Not to mention the massive amount of coins I've spent on skills.

And hey, I am glad for some of these updates. It's damn nice to see them giving a boost to Sage Archers, for one, not to even mention Awaken. Similarly, I've had to watch many Venomancers complain about how they've been made useless by genies and better caster classes, so Venos getting a boost is definitely welcome. And I appreciate them boosting the less common Blademaster skills.

As for sins being squishy, that's pretty much true. Short of being top endgame, sins are at a constant risk of being, say, 3 shotted by Seekers, Wizards, Archers and Psychics. And in close combat, BMs and Barbarians are quite durable as well. Sadly, a lot of this is thrown out of the window when you have majority of sins doing stupid things like stealth -> adv spark -> headhunt -> autoattack, or most people just generally preferring stun -> autoattack as a strategy.

Trust me, I am all for doing away with those stupid strategies. But I also want them to be done in a way that does not harm the PvE functionality. Take FCC for example: Sins are there only to kill shades, DD on bosses and BP. Take away the stealth and you're left with them being a buff ***** and a DD. And considering that being true for Delta for sins and how freaking hard it is to get a Delta as a sin, I wouldn't want that.

Personally, I don't really think stealth has a place in PvP. The players are just far too ****ed up to not abuse it if it's there. So yeah, if they made stealth non-existent in PvP, that would fix a lot. No more QQ about 105 sins, no more QQ about stealthing sins.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    But you have to think of the developers. Assassin is by far the most popular class, so nerfing them would produce quite an outrage. And heck, look at some of the skills of other classes, there's plenty of things which are pretty much useless, like most starter skills and most DoT skills.

So you ask me, they should indeed improve the useless skills. If that puts everyone closer to the sins, that's fine with me. But the last thing I want is a major nerf for Assassins. And it's not because I enjoy being overpowered, it's because I enjoy the class and because I've spent much time and funds on the character. The closest equivalent to an Assassin in terms of gameplay would be a BM, but since I got tons of bound LA gear, making a BM wouldn't exactly be a plausible option. Not to mention the massive amount of coins I've spent on skills.

And hey, I am glad for some of these updates. It's damn nice to see them giving a boost to Sage Archers, for one, not to even mention Awaken. Similarly, I've had to watch many Venomancers complain about how they've been made useless by genies and better caster classes, so Venos getting a boost is definitely welcome. And I appreciate them boosting the less common Blademaster skills.

As for sins being squishy, that's pretty much true. Short of being top endgame, sins are at a constant risk of being, say, 3 shotted by Seekers, Wizards, Archers and Psychics. And in close combat, BMs and Barbarians are quite durable as well. Sadly, a lot of this is thrown out of the window when you have majority of sins doing stupid things like stealth -> adv spark -> headhunt -> autoattack, or most people just generally preferring stun -> autoattack as a strategy.

Trust me, I am all for doing away with those stupid strategies. But I also want them to be done in a way that does not harm the PvE functionality. Take FCC for example: Sins are there only to kill shades, DD on bosses and BP. Take away the stealth and you're left with them being a buff ***** and a DD. And considering that being true for Delta for sins and how freaking hard it is to get a Delta as a sin, I wouldn't want that.

Personally, I don't really think stealth has a place in PvP. The players are just far too ****ed up to not abuse it if it's there. So yeah, if they made stealth non-existent in PvP, that would fix a lot. No more QQ about 105 sins, no more QQ about stealthing sins.

Depends on the nerf of the ones I listed below previously are not drastic and only would impact the PvP aspect of the sin which is what is very imbalanced while not touching anything that would effect you PvE wise besides maybe some of the weaker sins who need that chi advantage to survive soloing bosses(which this game shouldn't be about anyways. Otherwise go play a god damn console game not a MMO)

I personally have no issues with stealth on its own. It's the other stuff COMBINED with it that makes it annoying.

Another option would be to allow bramble to work in PVP settings not just in instances (Secret Passage and TW) That will also suffice for me.
    I'm not saying go drastic and cap APS and remove blood paint etc.
    I'm looking at a more reasonable change

Cut the effectiveness of your CC's down or how many you actually get (You already get 5+ and at least one of each type)

Cut the amount of chi gained from inner harmony and RDS down. They cut my sage wingspan in half recently why not nerf yours while they are at it. :P

Change how Stealth works in a sense of put on a timer or have it consume chi instead of mana and or increase the CD of Shadow Escape.

Things of that nature.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Depends on the nerf of the ones I listed below previously are not drastic and only would impact the PvP aspect of the sin which is what is very imbalanced while not touching anything that would effect you PvE wise besides maybe some of the weaker sins who need that chi advantage to survive soloing bosses(which this game shouldn't be about anyways. Otherwise go play a god damn console game not a MMO)

Well, most control skills are useless in PvE, so the argument that "it's not useful in PvE" isn't necessarily valid by itself.

But if you need to ask: yes I think that the chi skills empower weaker people. But the same is true of the Jones Blessing and O'Malley's. So why not complain about those instead?

But the thing with the chi skills is that it also allows R9s to do stuff in PvE. If you nerf them in PvE, you end up with, for example, R9 Sages having trouble maintaining their spark. And that's gonna **** off people.
    I personally have no issues with stealth on its own. It's the other stuff COMBINED with it that makes it annoying.

Well of course it's mostly the other stuff. Then again you also see a lot of people complaining about sins supposedly using stealth to get over their cooldowns. Personally I find that silly, because that's not only way too much effort spent, plus bad usage of a last resort skill.
    Another option would be to allow bramble to work in PVP settings not just in instances (Secret Passage and TW) That will also suffice for me.

Bramble in PvP? Yeah, that works for Archers perfectly. Not so much the barbs, BMs and sins. Psychics are already ridiculous enough with their White Voodoo and Soul of Vengence/Soulburn.

As for your suggested nerfs:
    I'm not too keen on the CC effectiveness being nerfed. Mostly because the last thing we need is a bunch of low-proc CCs, that'd just be a waste of effort
    Chi gain could be cut down, possibly. Or you could up the cooldowns?
    Stealth out of PvP

Any kind of alteration to stealth via things like it costing more mana, it only allowing certain periods of stealth or it costing chi is going to make it quite useless in PvE. And we do not need that.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well, most control skills are useless in PvE, so the argument that "it's not useful in PvE" isn't necessarily valid by itself.

But if you need to ask: yes I think that the chi skills empower weaker people. But the same is true of the Jones Blessing and O'Malley's. So why not complain about those instead?

But the thing with the chi skills is that it also allows R9s to do stuff in PvE. If you nerf them in PvE, you end up with, for example, R9 Sages having trouble maintaining their spark. And that's gonna **** off people.

Well of course it's mostly the other stuff. Then again you also see a lot of people complaining about sins supposedly using stealth to get over their cooldowns. Personally I find that silly, because that's not only way too much effort spent, plus bad usage of a last resort skill.

Bramble in PvP? Yeah, that works for Archers perfectly. Not so much the barbs, BMs and sins.
    I'd be happy if they got rid of blessings. In fact when it was down for like 2 weeks once I told people in WC to stop QQing and being so dependent on it.

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for choices on gear and cultivation.

It's more of an annoyance that O look it's back to tick my charm and fail a few times before going back into hiding and trying again or bringing a friend to try with.

Barbs and Bms in most cases have the survivability that bramble won't impact them as much as a sin which was why I suggested it.

I'm not saying lower the chance of success more so The duration or how many you get. I'm sorry but you can have in excess of 20 seconds where the target can't do anything in retaliation to you while you hammer away at their hp that's not even including occult ice .A BM can't even do that without burning all of their chi where you can replenish it with your chi skills.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'd be happy if they got rid of blessings. In fact when it was down for like 2 weeks once I told people in WC to stop QQing and being so dependent on it.

For the record, I have never and never will use either Jones or O'Malleys.
    It's more of an annoyance that O look it's back to tick my charm and fail a few times before going back into hiding and trying again or bringing a friend to try with.

Well let's be honest: Any sin that needs to use stealth as a means of managing cooldowns isn't worth your time. Personally, I don't PvP enough (none outside of Cube) to really put a say on it, but I doubt I would use stealth for anything except the 1 spark gain.
    Barbs and Bms in most cases have the survivability that bramble won't impact them as much as a sin which was why I suggested it.

Well personally I dislike bramble because it allows people to win when they otherwise wouldn't.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Well personally I dislike bramble because it allows people to win when they otherwise wouldn't.

Same could be said about the total about 20 or more seconds where you sit there and tank hits from a sin that just unstealthed if you can live that long. Bramble forces sins to have a different tactic rather then the typical route otherwise they will just kill themselves like they already do in TW.

Headhunt = 6 seconds

Shadow Teleport = 5 seconds

Occult Ice = 6 seconds ( can be used up to 2 times during all of this)

Throatcut / Tackling Slash combo = 5 seconds

Deep Sting = 5 seconds
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Same could be said about the total about 20 or more seconds where you sit there and tank hits from a sin that just unstealthed if you can live that long. Bramble forces sins to have a different tactic rather then the typical route otherwise they will just kill themselves like they already do in TW.

Headhunt = 6 seconds

Shadow Teleport = 5 seconds

Occult Ice = 6 seconds ( can be used up to 2 times during all of this)

Throatcut / Tackling Slash combo = 5 seconds

Deep Sting = 5 seconds

Objection! Those are all Demon versions.

Headhunt is 5s for Sages and level 10.
    Shadow Teleport is 3s for Sages and level 10.
    Occult Ice is a genie skill, thus not a class-related thing.
    Throatcut is 4 seconds.
    Deep Sting is a sleep and thus doesn't allow a sin to attack.

And honestly, majority of sins don't even use half of those skills. The ones that do generally have armor and weaponry that benefits from such, e.g. full r9.
  • krynnos
    krynnos Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    BM: Reckless Rush: 15 meters, freezes target 3 secs

Sin: Shadow Teleport: 35 meters, stuns target 3 secs (at lvl 10)

Seeker: Voidstep: 35 meters, stuns target 3 secs (at lvl 10)

I was hoping it would've been rebalanced for bm's range >.>
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    krynnos wrote: »
    BM: Reckless Rush: 15 meters, freezes target 3 secs

Sin: Shadow Teleport: 35 meters, stuns target 3 secs (at lvl 10)

Seeker: Voidstep: 35 meters, stuns target 3 secs (at lvl 10)

I was hoping it would've been rebalanced for bm's range >.>

Yep, I would have expected a range increase as well, current one on reckless rush is just too tiny and the damage is so little that no one uses it to hurt
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yep, I would have expected a range increase as well, current one on reckless rush is just too tiny and the damage is so little that no one uses it to hurt

Range increase to like 30/35 would be nice, but I like it for stopping people. It's an extra whirlwind without the slow so to speak.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Range increase to like 30/35 would be nice, but I like it for stopping people. It's an extra whirlwind without the slow so to speak.

True, the only thing that bothers me is that it cant be used with fists, gotta change to axe b:angry