Petition to Level Restrict Hypers

Comments

• KintanaKS - Lothranis
    KintanaKS - Lothranis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I was saying the same thing.I took almost a 2 year break and came back to hypers....They should make Hypers 80+ as lvl 1-79 takes about no time in anycase.Now u get lvl 80+ that cant even run a proper bh59.Yesterday had a bm84 that couldnt stay alive in bh59.I had to tank 3 mobs without pet to protect the cleric :X.So yep that would be great but nope wont happen as its a lost of income to pwi.
  • Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear
    Cody__Tylor - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Where is the "Remove all sorts of easy hand outs" option? Hypers should just be removed. FC should be reverted back the the old instance, nerf goshki chain quest, etc.
    This game is fail-proof unless you are dumber than a donkey. ...Too bad a lot of players fall into that exact category. ~maocchi

Level 81 HA/APS Fox, Level 75 VIT/defense tiger, Level 56 VIT/APS Seeker, Level 54 Dual sword BM, Level 36 assassin, Level 38 Archer, level 32 Priestess, level 41 Wizard on this account. HT~

LVL 24 Mystic~LC
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bump.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • SinnerPunk - Dreamweaver
    SinnerPunk - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I voted no, because hypers aren't the root of the problem. Now had the topic been based on a lvl restriction of 75 to enter FC...then I'd vote HELL YA!!
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I voted no, because hypers aren't the root of the problem. Now had the topic been based on a lvl restriction of 75 to enter FC...then I'd vote HELL YA!!

Even if they restricted FC people could do the same thing in PQ. The only reason it's not done in PQ is because FC exists. Hypers would solve both problems. And honestly have you ever done a FC run without hypers? Not worth the frustration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Mr_Buffs - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Buffs - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Even if they restricted FC people could do the same thing in PQ. The only reason it's not done in PQ is because FC exists. Hypers would solve both problems. And honestly have you ever done a FC run without hypers? Not worth the frustration.

The problem I see with FC is only that players bring their alts in and hyper all the way from lvl1...or even lvl30, thus don't learn their characters. They could also set the xp from PQ mobs to about nothing for lvls too low. I have 4x lvl101 characters. One is lvl101 legit...not 1 hypers used and only ran FC 2x for quests. Do you really think I wanted to go through ALL the quests again? HELL NO!! Though I did quest with my alts until lvl55...then did heads til lvl60...quests again til lvl70 so I could learn how and when to use their lvl59 skills. I could've easily gone to lvl75 before doing alt-FC again, but I wanted lvl85 before starting regular FC runs for the tele part. I DO know how to use all of my characters.

Maybe they could restrict hypers until a certain amount of quests are done? Then players would just use their mains to kill mobs/bosses for their alts.

Plain and simple...the game is too old for a restriction on hypers. I do however think FC should be lvl75 to ENTER!! So much fail because players don't bother to learn their characters. b:angry
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How about the PWI give us all lvl 1 and start over the game and no more hypers? You people make this idiots petitions because you already got 100 characters over lvl 100+ and dont want any more people to make. You make me laugh!!! If i was a MOD i will close this noob thread. You all make lvl with hacks, with hypers, i dont care how but why the new people who come to game make lvl 100 in 2 years? I'm sure you dont have a prb with that cuz u already are 100+...Noob...b:angry
    edited June 2012
    The problem I see with FC is only that players bring their alts in and hyper all the way from lvl1...or even lvl30, thus don't learn their characters. They could also set the xp from PQ mobs to about nothing for lvls too low. I have 4x lvl101 characters. One is lvl101 legit...not 1 hypers used and only ran FC 2x for quests. Do you really think I wanted to go through ALL the quests again? HELL NO!! Though I did quest with my alts until lvl55...then did heads til lvl60...quests again til lvl70 so I could learn how and when to use their lvl59 skills. I could've easily gone to lvl75 before doing alt-FC again, but I wanted lvl85 before starting regular FC runs for the tele part. I DO know how to use all of my characters.

Maybe they could restrict hypers until a certain amount of quests are done? Then players would just use their mains to kill mobs/bosses for their alts.

Plain and simple...the game is too old for a restriction on hypers. I do however think FC should be lvl75 to ENTER!! So much fail because players don't bother to learn their characters. b:angry

I disagree entirely. While hyper nub alts are annoying. The main problem I see is that it's scaring away new players. And without new players coming in AND STAYING....you won't have the problem of doing the quests again. Because there will be no quests to do. I know you don't want to go through all the quests again, and you wouldn't have to do so. There are training esos, martial scrolls, oracles, there are lot of ways for players who really do not want to go through all the quests to power level their alts without the need for hypering them straight from level one. This game needs to be more new player friendly.

A rational person is going to take the path of least resistance with the most payoff to level their alt. There are some that will derive much bigger emotional playoffs from doing things the old fashioned way but most people just want to get their alt to 100 with the least amount of cost. The only way to make sure the new player very poor path and the alt with enough coin to throw at fc path intersect is to make the path of least resistance the same for both of them. This would mean making bh matter again at those levels. That means no hyper PQ either.

edit: And the whole point of PQ/PV is to give people a way to level easier so nerfing the exp to the point that they aren't worth doing hypered or not would be not be a solution at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited June 2012
    How about the PWI give us all lvl 1 and start over the game and no more hypers? You people make this idiots petitions because you already got 100 characters over lvl 100+ and dont want any more people to make. You make me laugh!!! If i was a MOD i will close this noob thread. You all make lvl with hacks, with hypers, i dont care how but why the new people who come to game make lvl 100 in 2 years? I'm sure you dont have a prb with that cuz u already are 100+...Noob...b:angry

You DO realize how easy it is to get 100+ without hypers right?...

You can easily get there in less then 2months with all the array of easy exp methods they released. I'll admit the last 5 levels I used hypers but I got to 100 the hard way. If you can't get to 100+ without hypers in 2 months with just CASUAL playing then thats sad.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    H0nestly wh0 and why did y0u bump this useless thread? D0es any0ne actually care ab0ut hypers these days?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
    edited June 2012
    H0nestly wh0 and why did y0u bump this useless thread? D0es any0ne actually care ab0ut hypers these days?

Judging by the vast amout of posts and voting yes.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Agiya - Raging Tide
    Agiya - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    From my noob perspective, there's hardly anyone out there as it is. So nerfing hypers for low levels is just, LOL. I have never gotten a character to level 30 in a few hours, lmao.

People who are not going to attempt to learn how to play their character are people who are not going to attempt to learn how to play their character. Doesnt matter how easy or hard you make it for them, either way, they arent going to do it. Simple as.

So, all you will accomplish will be seeing 'them that arent really there to begin with' leave even faster out of quicker access to sheer boredom. Gj!

If you are not willing to put a level cap on hypers for the same reasons, meaning people from level 100 to 105 cant use them, then you simply have no point.

Try to bear in mind that not everyone who plays MMOs is a No Lifer about it.
    Oh carrots are devine, you get a dozen for a dime...its maaaa-gic! ~ Bugs Bunny
    edited June 2012
    Judging by the vast amout of posts and voting yes.

Small percentage 0f PWI is v0ting ijs. Besides in the end I d0ubt PWI will d0 it. L00k at the game, they pretty much pr0m0te l0w level p0wer leveling...
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It would be ideal if it was always that way. Unfortunately the newer players and even a bunch of people making alts will complain and complain and complain about how its unfair how everyone else was allowed to use hypers. Yaknowwhatimean?

Plus I am sure there are alot of people like me who feel like making an alt and simply do NOT want to do the quests by the mines a billion times ><
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And what you're gonna do with the results of the poll, send to frankieraye or chinese devs and wait for reply b:question

b:sleepb:sleepb:sleep
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    Yes, they shoulda required a level limiter on Hyperstones users......

But this Idea (thats posted below this) woulda also been a very good Idea for the Problem aswell.........b:thanks

This was an excellent Idea! That you had here, Eraldus...b:pleased

I commend you, for coming up with it!!!!!....

Its just to bad that {PWE} would never do anything to risk a (loss or limit) to their Financial 'Bottom line' or 'Cash Profits' like either of these suggestions on this thread......b:sadb:surrender

Yeah, unfortunately they won't, because they know that they make money out of dumb people that supports their ideology... oh well... b:shutup
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
    edited June 2012
    From my noob perspective, there's hardly anyone out there as it is. So nerfing hypers for low levels is just, LOL. I have never gotten a character to level 30 in a few hours, lmao.

People who are not going to attempt to learn how to play their character are people who are not going to attempt to learn how to play their character. Doesnt matter how easy or hard you make it for them, either way, they arent going to do it. Simple as.

So, all you will accomplish will be seeing 'them that arent really there to begin with' leave even faster out of quicker access to sheer boredom. Gj!

If you are not willing to put a level cap on hypers for the same reasons, meaning people from level 100 to 105 cant use them, then you simply have no point.

Try to bear in mind that not everyone who plays MMOs is a No Lifer about it.
    Psst.. it's dead because all of them are getting powerleveled derp.That would stick the open world with more population -_-
    It would be ideal if it was always that way. Unfortunately the newer players and even a bunch of people making alts will complain and complain and complain about how its unfair how everyone else was allowed to use hypers. Yaknowwhatimean?

Plus I am sure there are alot of people like me who feel like making an alt and simply do NOT want to do the quests by the mines a billion times ><
    Yes I know the "vets" making alts would complain but the new players wouldn't know any different.
    And what you're gonna do with the results of the poll, send to frankieraye or chinese devs and wait for reply b:question

b:sleepb:sleepb:sleep
    I just might. In either case its a good topic of discussion if you don't want to partake in it don't post.
    Yeah, unfortunately they won't, because they know that they make money out of dumb people that supports their ideology... oh well... b:shutup

/shrugs
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited June 2012
    0h this thread g0t bumped again. +1 thanks.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    0h this thread g0t bumped again. +1 thanks.

It's like a corpse that finally got bloated and floated to the surface b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited June 2012
    It's like a corpse that finally got bloated and floated to the surface b:chuckle

I d0n't even get why it's still being bumped.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Obv. because lots of people voted on it and posted on the thread. It's important. Thread deffo needs a sticky.

Nothing like damage control after the "problem" has been going on for a few years.
    edited June 2012
    Obv. because lots of people voted on it and posted on the thread. It's important. Thread deffo needs a sticky.

Nothing like damage control after the "problem" has been going on for a few years.

PWI is a sl0wly dying game, why even b0ther changing the way pe0ple level. Pre 9x is n0t even imp0rtant 0r fun anym0re(0pinion).0nly thing PWI 0ffers as entertainment is PK/TW/Min0r events.
  • hellwingwatlz
    hellwingwatlz Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The level restriction should not be set for the hyper. Instead it should be set to the dungeons, like FF. I dont understand why pv have different ranges and ff doesnt.

If I buy a hyper from the bouttique I would like to use it whenever I want.

b:bye
    edited June 2012
    The level restriction should not be set for the hyper. Instead it should be set to the dungeons, like FF. I dont understand why pv have different ranges and ff doesnt.

If I buy a hyper from the bouttique I would like to use it whenever I want.

b:bye

Hypers are cheaper to make using tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I d0n't even get why it's still being bumped.

Same reason you keep bumping that Glitch thread?
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hypers have been out for what, two and a half years now and you seriously expect a gameplay changing alteration to a cash shop item? Hahahaha

Good luck with that.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
    edited June 2012
    Hypers have been out for what, two and a half years now and you seriously expect a gameplay changing alteration to a cash shop item? Hahahaha

Good luck with that.

They've done it before. Look at guardian angels / platinum hp charm b:chuckle

Considering how this is reducing the amount of new players that will stay because the lack of population in open world.... if they opened their eyes they would see this and perhaps fix it.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hyper Stones.... One of the many reasons things don't get done.Setting a level limit on it would make players level their class like it used to be. Which would allow newer players more fun to enjoy since not all of them can afford these amazing powerlevels without swiping the creditcard and then get bored and leave. Sure people say this game is "dead" it's not there yet but i agree it is heading there due to bad management, however the playerbase is making it worse by continuing this pattern.

My proposed solution. Make Hyper stones have a level requirement of at least 80. That gets rid of the "O lets EXP farm elsewhere" for people saying remove hypering from FF. Getting to 80 these days without FC is easy as hell already and forces people to BH and Crazystone etc to level. Which then will make them require gear for their level which will in-turn have people farming TTs and other things which will help keep the playerbase from being completely bored and also "teach them how to play their class" in a challenging instance. While keeping the High EXP ouput FF useable for higher levels which still helps feed your wallets.

What are your thoughts. Added a Timed poll to this simple yes or no. And if yes but disagree on the level it should be set then recommend a level and why. If not say why.

Poll Results are Public you can see votes here.

Reasons not to say no.

I'm a Plvler and its my only source of income. FIND SOMETHING ELSE its not hard.

Well this means if I have a 101 sin, and I know the mechanics of this ****ing game better than no one, and will I have to make a thousand quests to get to lv 80 on a damn alt, let's say... Archer?
    EVERY class you can learn to play on fc at lv 80. You know? Killing a thousand mobs in the world wont teach you to play the class as doing bhs will, thus limiting Hyper Exps level is pure bull****.
    edited June 2012
    Well this means if I have a 101 sin, and I know the mechanics of this ****ing game better than no one, and will I have to make a thousand quests to get to lv 80 on a damn alt, let's say... Archer?
    EVERY class you can learn to play on fc at lv 80. You know? Killing a thousand mobs in the world wont teach you to play the class as doing bhs will, thus limiting Hyper Exps level is pure bull****.

Please tell me where I said questing was how you learned your class? Please pay attention to my posts. I said instances. Like TT for example. /Sigh at the intelligence of some sins :/

Limiting Hypers in some form brings population back into the open world. Instead of getting powerleveled in FF (probably by you)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Please tell me where I said questing was how you learned your class? Please pay attention to my posts. I said instances. Like TT for example. /Sigh at the intelligence of some sins :/

Limiting Hypers in some form brings population back into the open world. Instead of getting powerleveled in FF (probably by you)

I leveled my sin from lv 1 to 40 with nothing but quests, then from 40 to 86 with quests, bh and crazy stone. I will never power level other people because no one did that for me, I just don't wanna suffer all this again if I ever want to play another class too.