Petition to Level Restrict Hypers

Comments

• doitmuku
    doitmuku Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's that horrid combination of newcomers and hypers that's created all the failures who can't play their classes. If anything it's not fair on existing players to let newbies level to 100 too quick then get us all killed in BH with their ineptitude.

not every1 from power lvl dunno to use their class.. and not every1 who use normal method knew their class.. its players matter.. dont blame hyper or power lvl..
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    My thoughts:

not tryin to **** fight but i find it kinda ironic and a little disturbing that a lv105 hyperglitch gooner is asking to propose a forced level requisite for lowbie legit lvling hyper usage to "Better PWI and its playerbase"

I mean .... you had your fill. Let them have theirs too.
    Not everyone gooned their level ijs.
    Jen lvled her archer through hard work and being active. plus the facts are the playerbase has dropped significantly in the last 2 yrs or so. We pwi veterans arent goin to just let them have their fill of hyper usage while the game itself is suffering. you say that you arent pickin a fight but wht ya just said could cause anyone to take it personally. If jen says tht she worked hard to get to where she is now, so just leave it. not all lvl 105 players hyperglitched in ff.

At this point I'll just let the forumers think I gooned its pointless to keep continuing to defend it when no matter what they won't accept evidence. The people I play with know I didn't and thats all that matters. :D
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    you could tell them to click on your picture
    Sharpshooter
    Level an Archer to 105.

Apr.07,2012 @ 12:40 pm

restricting hyper use at all at this point is a bit like giving a tylenol to a triple amputee with liver and kidney failure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Sharpshooter
    Level an Archer to 105.

Apr.07,2012 @ 12:40 pm

restricting hyper use at all at this point is a bit like giving a tylenol to a triple amputee with liver and kidney failure.

Could'nt of said it better myself.
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Windwake - Raging Tide
    Windwake - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Honestly, I voted no on this one, and here's my reason why:

I had a high level toon on another server, same class as I play now. Venos are double the grinding compared to other classes because of the amount of time it takes to level pets, even when they have max loyalty. When I found out one of my best buddies played this game too, I decided to switch to her server, leaving my main, my items, pets, coins, and everything behind. I was the one that bit that bullet so she didn't have to start all over on my server.

I know how to play my class and I can level as fast as humanly possible, but the thought of grinding all of those levels again was...discouraging. I almost decided to just not play the game anymore and find a game where leveling is more fun...and doesn't take forever. And trust me, there's plenty of games like that. I left one of them to play with my friend on here, and I miss it every day I get on this one. >.>

Hypers, Training Scrolls, and other EXP/SP enhancers are probably the only reason I am still leveling that new main on my friend's server. Otherwise I'd go nuts. If they set a limit at 80...**** it all I'd pack up and head somewhere more interesting. I dislike the grind that much, have that much contempt for the hours upon days upon weeks upon months it takes to get anywhere. Especially when it's the same exact class all over again. And I don't even want to explain how obnoxious it'd be to level pets all over again...
    "PWI has an F Rating with BBB"
    This doesn't surprise me at all...but what I fiind the most hilarious is that PWI tossed the thread into "The Lower Depths." Where it really belongs is the "Shame Corner for Corrupt Businesses" sub-forum. b:shutup

Windwake, a.k.a "Captain Obvious"
    Awaaaaay! *whoosh* b:cool
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not everyone gooned their level ijs.

At this point I'll just let the forumers think I gooned its pointless to keep continuing to defend it when no matter what they won't accept evidence. The people I play with know I didn't and thats all that matters. :D
    lol your simple answer prolly would have been just fine.
    Thing is there are some guys on this thread that are needlessly aggravating the doubters to be even more persistent than they need to be, by speaking on behalf of you with questionable info that can be criticized even further. Belles right, that alt post was an insta-red flag. Altho with some forum searching i can see that the time line of goonz is in your defending favor regarding alts

or you could actually read the posts and realize that pple already mentioned that section of the webpage... >.>;;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This thread should die. it's meaningless....

They got LucidSilver which gives you 5 fantasy fruit every day. You can buy the other fruit that gives you 8888 xp. You can get to level 30 like nothing now. And with crazy stones and BH 29 stacked you can get to level 50 really fast. Add BH 39 and the Tideborn quests level 60 is even reachable pretty fast without hypers. Only when you hit 6x does it slow down to where you need to think about hypers to keep leveling fast. What's the point of restricting hypers to level 70 or 80?

And closing Frost to level 75 - up won't stop it. People can sell their services to round up those lvl 99 gothies on the outside world map and kill'em for 6x'ers with hypers on. It's not as fast as big room but it would get the job done. Also oracles are perfect for the 6x'ers, your strong enough to do the better ones but still low enough in level to move you xp bar with only a handful.
  • Chonturse - Archosaur
    Chonturse - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I have done reading and I do think that grinding is the best way to learn your toon but as a squishie cleric i like that I can help in a instance die a few too many times then put back my exp useing hypers.

I think people need to take responsibility for their own actions and if u make a **** level 100 toon with no skills or sprit then thats your own fault, I think that all players should be warned of the risks in pleveling and if people wont pay for it then the industary will die.

save the policeing for those who get educated in the risk.

and I only wish a cleric could eazly get to level 80 in a week or so by grinding but we are squishie and it dosent take much and we have lost alot of exp trying to revive or heal squads.

what im trying to say why punish the responsible hyper users for the sake of lazy, or the greed.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    as long as you have the $$$ or a ton saved up from farming tho, its pretty easy to level without hypers. I remember a couple years ago when PW Japan had their 'lvl up tournament' their speed was absurd >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Petitions don't work. However let me throw in my two cents : level restrict on hyper stones would be a waste of time.

If they want to do something they need to make things less tedious and more rewarding.... in other words it shouldn't be a grind fest like it currently is or at least should give you a decent amount of EXP over what it does now for quests.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Petitions don't work. However let me throw in my two cents : level restrict on hyper stones would be a waste of time.

If they want to do something they need to make things less tedious and more rewarding.... in other words it shouldn't be a grind fest like it currently is or at least should give you a decent amount of EXP over what it does now for quests.

Grind fest.... I'm sorry dear but what MMO have you been playing that you can hit endgame in under a month? There is none. Derp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Grind fest.... I'm sorry dear but what MMO have you been playing that you can hit endgame in under a month? There is none. Derp.

lol d3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited May 2012
    Well seeing as this idea appears to be a dud, derailed, and not going to matter anyways. Let it die please. b:surrender

Vain effort was vain.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lol d3

...People used to grind and grind Baal to reach lv 99 in D2.

I don't think D3 is going to be any different, and I don't even think D3 can be considered an MMO.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • unceuncerave
    edited May 2012
    lol d3

I'm sorry but what game are you playing with that acronym in it that is a MMO?

Diablo III is a dark fantasy/horror-themed action role-playing game by Blizzard

Source Link
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lol d3

Wrong genre. It's an action RPG, not an MMORPG.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited May 2012
    gee you all jumping up and down on me and forgetting d3 has multiplayer too, which if I'm not mistaken is the main reason most people that bought it did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • unceuncerave
    edited May 2012
    It's still technically not an MMORPG its an Action RPG. And let's stop talking about it before it gets locked. This thread must continue!
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hmmm, I say yes because I would love to see more people doing their BHs. BH 29-59 was FUN! But now people just hyper to the 60s+

almost never see anyone doing bh39, and nobody does bh29 unless its an alt of someone who for some reason ISN'T using hypers. ..... +1 to irony?

i assume new players dont do bh29 because... well, i dont want to feel lonely about leveling up in quests till 46 before finding out about BHs QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited May 2012
    Well that would be one of the perks of having it limited. Sure some people say they level so fast as it is why take it away. That's kinda my point. They don't need it anyways why not make them do stuff that involves more players (since not everyone can afford these runs or want to but can't enjoy the game because they have no one to do so with.)

Either that or Severely Reduce the exp multiplier from mobs when the level difference is that big.

See THIS for a better understanding of the multiplier etc.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited May 2012
    I'm sorry but what game are you playing with that acronym in it that is a MMO?

Diablo III is a dark fantasy/horror-themed action role-playing game by Blizzard
    It's still technically not an MMORPG its an Action RPG. And let's stop talking about it before it gets locked. This thread must continue!

You didn't orginally state mmorpg you said mmo and I answered accordingly.

Back on topic:

Lets just do away with hypers and have 12x xp and sp all the time b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    yep this post is officially dead when it went off the track.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2012

or you could actually read the posts and realize that pple already mentioned that section of the webpage... >.>;;;

i dont see how what i realize would make any difference in jen proving anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I say level cap to 150! b:surrender
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I voted no...because it's not the root of the problems with noobs. The entrance to FC should be lvl restricted...meaning anyone under lvl75 can't enter.

If they were to implement a lvl restriction on hypers, lvl70 would suffice vs lvl80. If you don't know how to use your toon by lvl70, you're too stupid to play this game anyway. b:chuckle
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Odizeus - Dreamweaver
    Odizeus - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I've never plvled any of my chars, but i have o say, no, is gonna be the same always, ppl that have no money to buy hypers from boutique is gonna do bh all the day, crazy stone, the new daily quest, and is almost the same, the thing is, put a restriction to enter on FCC, and other instances, the problem isnt the hypers, is the plvlers b:bye if u cant use hypers, u can find other ways to plvl... like the goons and that
    edited May 2012
    i dont see how what i realize would make any difference in jen proving anything.
    Eh we fighting an uphill battle and some people will never believe even with blatent evidence.
    I voted no...because it's not the root of the problems with noobs. The entrance to FC should be lvl restricted...meaning anyone under lvl75 can't enter.

If they were to implement a lvl restriction on hypers, lvl70 would suffice vs lvl80. If you don't know how to use your toon by lvl70, you're too stupid to play this game anyway. b:chuckle
    While yes an addition lock on FF for players under 75 would be nice. It wouldn't be enough. People can just take them to PQ3 for exp and other places for plvling.
    I've never plvled any of my chars, but i have o say, no, is gonna be the same always, ppl that have no money to buy hypers from boutique is gonna do bh all the day, crazy stone, the new daily quest, and is almost the same, the thing is, put a restriction to enter on FCC, and other instances, the problem isnt the hypers, is the plvlers b:bye if u cant use hypers, u can find other ways to plvl... like the goons and that

That seems to be a hypocritical statement -_-

Prevent noobs from using Hypers (They level almsot as fast anwyays if they put an effort) and restrict any chance of players plvling them anyways and it would help a ton >.>

Though everyone seems to be in agreement of between 70-80 seeming fair.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

edited June 2012
    Bumping this because the general agreement from the other thread is to fix powerleveling.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think that they should add "lvl brackets" for higher activations for hypers. Kinda like this:

lvl 1 - 29 = Can only use x 3 exp activations.

lvl 30 - 59 = Can use up to x 4 exp activations.

lvl 60 - 79 = Can use up to x 6 activations.

lvl 80 and above = Can use the x 12 activations.

At least that's what I would do if I was a Dev, GM or whatever.

Either that or add a lvl requirement of 75+ in order to enter fcc.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes, they shoulda required a level limiter on Hyperstones users......

But this Idea (thats posted below this) woulda also been a very good Idea for the Problem aswell.........b:thanks

I think that they should add "lvl brackets" for higher activations for hypers. Kinda like this:

lvl 1 - 29 = Can only use x 3 exp activations.

lvl 30 - 59 = Can use up to x 4 exp activations.

lvl 60 - 79 = Can use up to x 6 activations.

lvl 80 and above = Can use the x 12 activations.

At least that's what I would do if I was a Dev, GM or whatever.

Either that or add a lvl requirement of 75+ in order to enter fcc.

This was an excellent Idea! That you had here, Eraldus...b:pleased

I commend you, for coming up with it!!!!!....b:victory

Its just to bad that {PWE} would never do anything to risk a (loss or limit) to their Financial 'Bottom line' or 'Cash Profits' like either of these suggestions on this thread......b:sadb:surrender