FC Glitch Update

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ghdfghdfgh wrote: »
    Damn this 2x exp and spirit...I couldn't get a squad for anything yesterday because everyone was in FF...sigh. And it's gonna be like this for a whole month :( Way to "fix the game" guys.

Then they are idiots. They get 1/12th more experience hypered on 2x.... it's a complete and utter waste.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • arnaldo4455
    arnaldo4455 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If u need help I can help ya this afternoon and tomorrow - let me know. I will be loggin on around 2-3 Eastern time.

My char is ArnoldAngelo - im a barb lvl39. Hope I am not too low to help. (Plus im on the Arch server - though I have a char on RT too).
  • ArnoldAngelo - Archosaur
    ArnoldAngelo - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Damn this 2x exp and spirit...I couldn't get a squad for anything yesterday because everyone was in FF...sigh. And it's gonna be like this for a whole month :( Way to "fix the game" guys.

If u need help I can help ya this afternoon and tomorrow - let me know. I will be loggin on around 2-3 Eastern time.

My char is ArnoldAngelo - im a barb lvl39. Hope I am not too low to help. (Plus im on the Arch server - though I have a char on RT too).
  • /ork - Harshlands6
    /ork - Harshlands6 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The game is gonna be dead now that the beta weekend event is happening for a new one ;)

That's where I am, and so far OMG I am loving it!

Get off PW and go pre-order the new game, that is having a beta weekend event right now (pre-ordering gives you access to the beta)

b:victory
    edited April 2012
    but its not a free game... so wts the point
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012

psshh... buy the CD, install the game and then play to your hearts content with no further costs like monthly subscription, pay 2 win cash shop or anything like that. Compare that to the butt load of money people on PWI have to put out just to keep up with PVP which FAAAR exceeds the total year subscription on a play to pay game like WoW. b:bye
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The game is gonna be dead now that the beta weekend event is happening for a new one ;)

That's where I am, and so far OMG I am loving it!

Get off PW and go pre-order the new game, that is having a beta weekend event right now (pre-ordering gives you access to the beta)

b:victory

meh it looks **** lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • /ork - Harshlands6
    edited April 2012

Neither is PW, if you think PW is free to play, maybe you should look into the fact that they've made 1.08 BILLION $$$ since 2008, not including Q4 of 2011 and beyond

Sure the 'model' they use you could opt to play for free if you want, but this new game is "buy the box" with no monthly subs... so what's a $59 USD one time purchase fee? Not to mention (again) if you pre-order now you can partake in the weekend beta events (as I currently am =D)...

Nothing in life is free my friend, not even PW. If you wanted to get super technical PW isn't even free even for the people who don't pay into PW, you had to purchase a computer to play didn't you (granted you use it for other stuff too, and probably already had one :p), you have to pay internet fees to connect do you not? You have to pay an electricity bill to power the machine while you play don't you?

Trust ME, I USED to be against subscription based games and the entire concept of "pay to play", so I sought out and found THIS game [pw]. Yea, like I said; they got their hooks into me (got me hooked) ~~ and QUICKLY found out it's really not free to play, (if anything at least "free to play ~ PAY TO WIN")... Now, I am pretty much considering this the straw that broke the camels back. I have vouched to NEVER fall into the "F2P" TRAP again! I have learned the ERROR in my ways, and would MUCH rather even play a subscription based game at this point. Also, I have had my head SO far up PW's rear end, I honestly probably would not have even known g w 2 was coming out. It was when someone else in this thread mentioned it that I decided to investigate it. Needless to say I have already placed my 'pre-order' and am able to participate in this and upcoming beta weekend events =D The real kicker is the statue, the collectors edition comes with this AWESOME statue, so I actually ended up ordering the 'collectors edition' =D Yea, PWE has a statue but they don't even sell those, LAME! So at this point having played beta for several hours, I am already liking it and could do nothing but HIGHLY recommend to others to place their 'pre-order' and come enjoy the beta weekend events! =D
  • /ork - Harshlands6
    edited April 2012
    meh it looks **** lol

LOL, I have to then ask if you've actually played yourself at all? I must say, I thought the same thing (that you said) based off of screen shots and video and whatnot. Though, now that I have played it for MYSELF, I am lovin' it !!! =D
  • Fcfcfcfcfcf - Harshlands
    Fcfcfcfcfcf - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Well sameone prefer to pay to have a good game bilanced and with no bugs .
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Though, now that I have played it for MYSELF, I am lovin' it !!! =D

I just got my pre-order code from Gamestop, and now I'm waiting on the client to download/update. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2012
    LOL, I have to then ask if you've actually played yourself at all? I must say, I thought the same thing (that you said) based off of screen shots and video and whatnot. Though, now that I have played it for MYSELF, I am lovin' it !!! =D
    Neither is PW, if you think PW is free to play, maybe you should look into the fact that they've made 1.08 BILLION $$$ since 2008, not including Q4 of 2011 and beyond

Sure the 'model' they use you could opt to play for free if you want, but this new game is "buy the box" with no monthly subs... so what's a $59 USD one time purchase fee? Not to mention (again) if you pre-order now you can partake in the weekend beta events (as I currently am =D)...

Nothing in life is free my friend, not even PW. If you wanted to get super technical PW isn't even free even for the people who don't pay into PW, you had to purchase a computer to play didn't you (granted you use it for other stuff too, and probably already had one :p), you have to pay internet fees to connect do you not? You have to pay an electricity bill to power the machine while you play don't you?

Trust ME, I USED to be against subscription based games and the entire concept of "pay to play", so I sought out and found THIS game [pw]. Yea, like I said; they got their hooks into me (got me hooked) ~~ and QUICKLY found out it's really not free to play, (if anything at least "free to play ~ PAY TO WIN")... Now, I am pretty much considering this the straw that broke the camels back. I have vouched to NEVER fall into the "F2P" TRAP again! I have learned the ERROR in my ways, and would MUCH rather even play a subscription based game at this point. Also, I have had my head SO far up PW's rear end, I honestly probably would not have even known g w 2 was coming out. It was when someone else in this thread mentioned it that I decided to investigate it. Needless to say I have already placed my 'pre-order' and am able to participate in this and upcoming beta weekend events =D The real kicker is the statue, the collectors edition comes with this AWESOME statue, so I actually ended up ordering the 'collectors edition' =D Yea, PWE has a statue but they don't even sell those, LAME! So at this point having played beta for several hours, I am already liking it and could do nothing but HIGHLY recommend to others to place their 'pre-order' and come enjoy the beta weekend events! =D

Love how ppl go ballistic for nothing.

If you cannot take criticism why are you wasting time on a game you do not care for? lol

(you had to buy a computer... seriously)
    edited April 2012
    now this is true - there is one game coming out that does NOT have a monthly subscription, just the initial purchase... that changes things for me.
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    now this is true - there is one game coming out that does NOT have a monthly subscription, just the initial purchase... that changes things for me.

And it costs less than a single dragon orb(10), that gives you a handfull of hitpoints, in Perfect World!

I'm having to build a better computer before I migrate so I'm missing the beta weekendb:sad
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I can't help but to smile to myself when i see all these people talk about G.W.2 and how it is. You do know one of their big features to be added is a Cash Shop? So i have to ask for all those who are upset at the P2W MMO's or what not.. How is G.W.2 going to be any different after a few years of testing sales and seeing what they can get away with?
  • maestro121
    edited April 2012
    I can't help but to smile to myself when i see all these people talk about G.W.2 and how it is. You do know one of their big features to be added is a Cash Shop? So i have to ask for all those who are upset at the P2W MMO's or what not.. How is G.W.2 going to be any different after a few years of testing sales and seeing what they can get away with?

Currently the "cash shop" you speak of consists of "armor & weapon" skins and stuff like that. And even then its introduction caused such a ruckus in the forums (with opposition building to the point where the chief game developer himself had to come out and reassure people that the micro-transactions set up won't be selling power to players) that... while not impossible... it will be a loooong time till we see it get to the point where people have to spend the down payment on a mortgage just to achieve competitive gear in TW. b:thanks
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    maestro121 wrote: »
    it will be a loooong time till we see it get to the point where people have to spend the down payment on a mortgage just to achieve competitive gear in TW. b:thanks

Agreed.
  • maestro121
    edited April 2012
    Agreed. But they've already planted the seed so it's only a matter of time.

That time line will be a lot longer than the typical F2P game though. F2P games simply have far more leeway in abusing their cash shops than games that charge monthly subscriptions or require players to buy the box up front. People who can download the client for free and then start playing tend to be more "understanding" of the fact that the game has to make money somehow.

People playing Pay2play games (whether it be buy the box or monthly sub) on the other hand are simply less tolerant of cash shop shenanigans and the devs know it.
  • /ork - Harshlands6
    edited April 2012
    I just got my pre-order code from Gamestop, and now I'm waiting on the client to download/update. b:surrender

Sweet! I'm on "Scavenger's Causeway" ;)
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2012

To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.

bull ****. that wont cut it.

atleast compensate the the entire community by making it easier to get to 105. i find it disgusting that the entire ranking pages are 100% 105s and 90% of them are ppl that abused the glitch.

this not something u can sweep under the rug, the glitch itself was quite serious and it spat in the face of ppl that didnt do the glitch thinking it was bannable. and now, u go and unbann everyone that was involved? regardless of how hardcore they abused that glitch?

seriously, your all full of **** if the only thing ur going to do is sweep everything under the rug and say "dont worry, even tho IMMENSE damage has already been done and EVERYONE involved in this glitch got a free ride to 105 only got a slap on the wrist, it wont happen again. to everyone that were honest and didnt abuse the glitch we are sorry, but **** you anyway."

what happens when new 105 content eventually gets released in a future expansion? these ppl will auto benefit from that content because of that glitch...

in all honestly, u all should be fired and replaced with a more competent team.
  • TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ntkn wrote: »

b:shocked
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    .in all honestly, u all should be fired and replaced with a more competent team.

In all honesty, this is the truth.

You could not possibly have done worse handling this issue if you tried.

There were so many options available to you, even while you waited for China to "fix" the glitch"

ONE
    competent GM could have hedged the entire issue before it became this. Seriously . . ONE GM with half a brain cell could have fixed this . . . .

I hope everyone who still works for PWE realizes how lucky they are - any respectable company would have fired you immediately

Grats on promoting other games in WC . . . PWI must be doing awesome . . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • ghdfghdfgh
    ghdfghdfgh Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2012

While I 100% agree that the GMs completely failed to manage this situation (during the glitch and afterwards) I am not so sure it is because they are incompetent. They either wanted this situation to happen or their focus was somewhere else (on these new fail games that are being advertized in WC for example).

I know it seems to you and me like they are useless and that a college intern could do better but maybe their bosses are real pleased with them b:laugh
  • /ork - Harshlands6
    edited April 2012
    **** this game.

If you wanna know where everyone is, come to Wars of Guild for the second time! Hell pretty sad it's only in BETA and has still managed to steal PWi players ROFLMFAO

Everyone at the offices of PWE are incompetent! I am willing to bet my dog could have done a better job at managing this situation. Ok, ok, ok; "that's not possible", fine. My six year old would have done a better ******* job handling this than these people did and continue to do.

So, I suppose if you like this kind of injustice and dealing with people who do NOT know what "customer service" means. Then by all means, stay here and play PWi :p

If you want a REAL game with REAL players and REAL customer service, I suggest you check out Wars of Guild for the second time =D (or one of the other pending 'hot' games!)
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    XTrigger - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    (on these new fail games that are being advertized in WC for example).

I thought it was against the terms of service to advertise other competitive games on world chat? Or is it different because PWE will still be able to milk people?

@gfdgfdgfd: Their bosses only look at things like quarterly earnings, that's been doing decent, so the game is epicly amazing and had godlike staff through their eyes.
    edited April 2012

bull ****. that wont cut it.

atleast compensate the the entire community by making it easier to get to 105. i find it disgusting that the entire ranking pages are 100% 105s and 99.99% of them are ppl that abused the glitch.

this not something u can sweep under the rug, the glitch itself was quite serious and it spat in the face of ppl that didnt do the glitch thinking it was bannable. and now, u go and unbann everyone that was involved? regardless of how hardcore they abused that glitch?

seriously, your all full of **** if the only thing ur going to do is sweep everything under the rug and say "dont worry, even tho IMMENSE damage has already been done and EVERYONE involved in this glitch got a free ride to 105 only got a slap on the wrist, it wont happen again. to everyone that were honest and didnt abuse the glitch we are sorry, but **** you anyway."

what happens when new 105 content eventually gets released in a future expansion? these ppl will auto benefit from that content because of that glitch...

lol no , is 99.99% of ppl
    edited April 2012
    b:shutup
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I thought it was against the terms of service to advertise other competitive games on world chat? Or is it different because PWE will still be able to milk people?

Who knows, but I think its sooooo stupid how they advertise their other upcoming games with the system announcement. It's like they are really trying to get people to leave PW for other games with some hidden agenda. Maybe they know how far PWi will go, maybe they already know it's failing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Who knows, but I think its sooooo stupid how they advertise their other upcoming games with the system announcement. It's like they are really trying to get people to leave PW for other games with some hidden agenda. Maybe they know how far PWi will go, maybe they already know it's failing.

But failing so hard on this game, yet they think advertising for one of their games is gonna work? I'll never play a new game hosted by pwe again. Lucky they won't host any decent games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    XTrigger - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    But failing so hard on this game, yet they think advertising for one of their games is gonna work? I'll never play a new game hosted by pwe again. Lucky they won't host any decent games.

I think PWE had made and endorsed some nice and fun games. It's just the company is run horribly to a point where the marketing staff ruin each game though the cs sales, and there's a total lack of customer support.

And for info i see a other way to get 105 "easy" and is not a Bug , so in not bannable

so i hope this time frankieraye see wath i say :)

in this photo is around 20mil -25mil EXP

Dont ask me how this is possibile , i can say just is not a bug .

i will not share with the other this "new" mode to get 105 . b:quiet

http://i50.tinypic.com/25tglsp.jpg

That looks fun lol, but you would think instances at least would go through rigorous testing before they are released. FF is bugged up the eyeballs, is that TT glitch still around where you could combine 2 modes? Lunar still buggy?
This discussion has been closed.