I don't understand the logic.

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Oh come on, there's so many times the GMs have said things and not delivered. Anyone remember Gold prices? Or how about JJ being a fix for that? Or all the other "bannable" offenses, such as ini editing?

Well I've always believed that there are two sides to every coin, I often give the benefit of a doubt to everyone. b:bye Things aren't always as simple as flipping a switch and turning on the lights, there are repercussions that must be considered.

I find white-lies are easier than explaining something in detail for someone to understand. It's a waste of time, let's get on with our lives and do something productive, who are we to cry over spilled milk? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I can't see any benefit to any player if the admins, GMs make public any info about if and how they discipline certain players who violated the ToS. In fact I say it's nobody else's business what they do to to discipline anyone. It's sad that some are on a crusade to push the issue instead of just playing their own game. These people really do not care about fairness or morality regarding gameplay...it's more about vengence it seems.

It has nothing to do with what benifits me. I'm not asking for an update on the status for some weird self-benifiting goal. I'm simply asking because I want an update. I want an update because I want the staff of this company to not say something, then do nothing. It has nothing to do with vengence (though, I do hate a multitude of PWE staff that have made themselves present). It's not about how it affects other players. It's simply asking for a response. A retort. An update. It's not hard, and seeing as how the community has been looking for a response from the original "players will be banned if they abuse the glitch", I feel it's justified to look into getting a response.

It's not about "How does Jadsia feel about this topic." It's about getting a retort, response, update, status report, etc from a staff member of PWE on this topic. You're welcome to interject any opinion you feel. It's an open message board requiring no more than to register an account. I'm not saying don't post your opinions, I'm just saying I'm not looking for them. I'm looking for an official staff of PWE response. Which, after 10+ pages on a weekday, there is none.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree with the OP, follow up with the announcement and ban the people - or return the glitch and everyone is happy. b:bye Assuming I understood the OP, I believe I have, been reading this thread for a few days, never wanted to post anything though.

Thing is, they're not going to ban the 105s. Quite a few of them are full +12 JoSD R9s, most of which are obviously cash shopped. PWE earns much more from those people than all of those who spend some 20$ to get a mount or some safe/inventory stones. It's much easier for PWE to "take the responsibility" and look crappy, since they can just blame the bad connection between PWE and Beijing than to ban a good portion of their top spenders. Of course, the route that they've chosen does make it look like they're giving cash shoppers some kind of immunity from being banned, which is rather obviously not a good thing. But what can they do, it's not really their choice, it's the bigwigs'.

Also, bringing back the goon glitch might be a means of saving face for PWE, but what would that do to the game? I know for sure that while the goon glitch existed, doing FCC was crappier than before or after it, simply because I refuse to glitch on principle. Of course, now that I am done leveling, that whole argument is kinda meaningless for me personally.
    It has nothing to do with what benifits me. I'm not asking for an update on the status for some weird self-benifiting goal. I'm simply asking because I want an update. I want an update because I want the staff of this company to not say something, then do nothing. It has nothing to do with vengence (though, I do hate a multitude of PWE staff that have made themselves present). It's not about how it affects other players. It's simply asking for a response. A retort. An update. It's not hard, and seeing as how the community has been looking for a response from the original "players will be banned if they abuse the glitch", I feel it's justified to look into getting a response.

Again: The GMs have said tons of things which have turned out to be very much bogus. Or did you manage to forget all about how GMs were supposedly working on lowering Gold prices? Anything else they've said has been questionable at best, such as the whole +11/12 orb server instability claim, the claim about removing MoGs due to Chinese Devs.

As much as I hate to say it, the GM-player interaction has kinda gone to hell since Spoons left. Genotypist is helping it a bit, but considering how bad things are, there's not much that can be done short of fixing some of the major issues, most of which just won't happen.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited February 2012
    Thing is, they're not going to ban the 105s. Quite a few of them are full +12 JoSD R9s, most of which are obviously cash shopped. PWE earns much more from those people than all of those who spend some 20$ to get a mount or some safe/inventory stones. It's much easier for PWE to "take the responsibility" and look crappy, since they can just blame the bad connection between PWE and Beijing than to ban a good portion of their top spenders. Of course, the route that they've chosen does make it look like they're giving cash shoppers some kind of immunity from being banned, which is rather obviously not a good thing. But what can they do, it's not really their choice, it's the bigwigs'.

Also, bringing back the goon glitch might be a means of saving face for PWE, but what would that do to the game? I know for sure that while the goon glitch existed, doing FCC was crappier than before or after it, simply because I refuse to glitch on principle. Of course, now that I am done leveling, that whole argument is kinda meaningless for me personally.

Again: The GMs have said tons of things which have turned out to be very much bogus. Or did you manage to forget all about how GMs were supposedly working on lowering Gold prices? Anything else they've said has been questionable at best, such as the whole +11/12 orb server instability claim, the claim about removing MoGs due to Chinese Devs.

As much as I hate to say it, the GM-player interaction has kinda gone to hell since Spoons left. Genotypist is helping it a bit, but considering how bad things are, there's not much that can be done short of fixing some of the major issues, most of which just won't happen.

You ninja edited

I seriously hate it when people cheat, but that's mostly a direct relationship to winning a Player vs Player (or team) confrontation, such as TW. Or outside of this game, just plain hacking or abusing a glitch to get inside a building and shoot out of it, while no one else can shoot back in. Glitching for levels in FC..? Well, it will not destroy the market for selling heads, because to goon glitch someone people are going to have to nuke the **** out of the goons, so you still need some pretty strong AOEs, a puller, a healer, etc. A team of people 75-85 are not gonna walk in and 1 hour later walk out 4 levels higher.

And as stated earlier, it will make all the other 105s fair game as getting to 105 will no longer cost you your marriage, job, friends, and a couple organs.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The only logic I don't understand is that the people who supposedly quit are the ones that are complaining the most. I haven't declared me quitting and I don't invest half the time some of you guys that quit and still rant about PWI put in to the game/it's forums.

Let's humor the topic though, let's say they "ban" goon glitchers. Somewhere, god knows where exactly either in an email I got from them or in one of their FAQ's pages. It states that the bans usually are 3 days depending on the severity of what the person did.
    Now, ask yourself this. The person who flooded the game with dozens of Love up and downs using the Jones' blessing exploit got away with a non-permanent ban. He/she/it still plays the game with what I assume is probably billions upon billions of assets on his account if not over several accounts on several servers.
    Then there's the goon glitch that pretty much sped up the process of getting to level 105 which really doesn't benefit people much. Pre goon glitch it was rare to find many 103 players. However there were plenty of 103 assassins, so the argument of assassins being 105 and having max level is moot. With more non-assassin players at 105 now I would say that there are MORE people who could actually pop a detection pot and see assassins in stealth now than there were pre-goon-arc.
    105 in PVE means nothing so not even going to go there.

Then there's the whole "Oh I just want to prove that PWI again said X and does Y where Y is nothing at all."
    Proven, common knowledge, wasting your breath. It's like you're trying to desperately convince people that Adolf Hitler was indeed the cause for the deaths of thousands upon thousands during WW2. Everyone knows this, everyone accepts this. Except it's like you're sitting at his grave trying to get him to rise out of his grave to apologize.

So again, let's say they ban the goon glitchers. Do you really expect them to perma ban any of them? People have done worse and have been banned for less than a week. So what exactly will you do when they do in fact ban all those 105's and 104's and the majority of 100-103's for 3 days.
    Complain more how the punishment that the GM's decided to give to people that play their game isn't adequate enough according to you who quit the game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    sometimes threads die and it's easier to make a new one :p b:bye
    Yeah.

Someone replied though today! I was just looking and I saw it on front page lol.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012

sometimes threads die and it's easier to make a new one :p b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yes it suck, there was a glitch etc etc. Personally I decided not to use the glitch. So I live whit it, but the fact that some player cheated the time table to get to 105 is there. Since so many player got to those lv in a inventive way, The exp table should be fix so that other player would be able to reach the 105 lv in a shorter way then 6 year. Then punishing the cheaters buy losing all the great effort and money they already spend to get to 105.

They already change the way people level from 1 to 100 whit bh reward and other stuff. I don't think dropping the exp needed to get to 105 would make a huge difference. Except for the fact the people should be able to reach 105 in 1 or 2 year of play. Making in more equal for every body.

that was my 2 cent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited February 2012
    3 day bans to good, should just dump them back to 102 :)
  • Logic - Raging Tide
    Logic - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How can you not understand me?b:angry
    edited February 2012
    How can you not understand me?b:angry

Because your irrelevant. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kondors
    kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Once again the threadhas degenerated into people discussing the moralities (or otherwise) of using the glitch, which incidentally still exists.

The OP has made it clear several times, and I have posted twice already to try to keep people on the actual topic.

The whole topic centres not on the nature of theglitch or its users, but far more importantly on the fact that a statement of impending action was made.

The OP is asking, extremely clearly and explained in a multitude of ways, for an update on that promise. No more, no less!! No list of offenders, no explanation of applied or intended to be applied punishments, no quantitative data, no specifics of any kind whatsoever.

He has made a simple, fair , reasonable request for an update on the promise made.

The fact that promise after promise has been broken isnt really pertinent to the request either. It seems to me that even if they turned round and said we are going to reward people who used it for being clever instead, it would at least constitute a response and update.

The debate on what should, could, or might be done is for another thread if people want to do so.

If they said something as controversial as that, oh well, what are we to do? We can take it or leave it and if we dont like it we can leave.

Manners, honesty and customer service do not cost much in terms of time or cash.

If you promise something, but circumstances change to prohibit you following up... say so.

Any decent human being would have no trouble in supplying a truthful and timely update on promises they have made. If the reasons for taking a given action are controversial to the community then omit them.

There is no excuse of any type for not responding though. You can find all the excuses under the sun but they cut no ice.

The fact that this type of thing happens repeatedly is also no reason to continue the lies. Frankie needs to step aside and allow someone with customer care experience and focus to do the job he has universally refused to do. It isnt even a case of being unable or incapable, it is wilful negligence and the entire community are treated with abject contempt.

The job is not being done, time to find someone who gives a damn to do it.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    kondors wrote: »
    Once again the threadhas degenerated into people discussing the moralities (or otherwise) of using the glitch, which incidentally still exists.

The OP has made it clear several times, and I have posted twice already to try to keep people on the actual topic.

The whole topic centres not on the nature of theglitch or its users, but far more importantly on the fact that a statement of impending action was made.

The OP is asking, extremely clearly and explained in a multitude of ways, for an update on that promise. No more, no less!! No list of offenders, no explanation of applied or intended to be applied punishments, no quantitative data, no specifics of any kind whatsoever.

He has made a simple, fair , reasonable request for an update on the promise made.

The fact that promise after promise has been broken isnt really pertinent to the request either. It seems to me that even if they turned round and said we are going to reward people who used it for being clever instead, it would at least constitute a response and update.

The debate on what should, could, or might be done is for another thread if people want to do so.

If they said something as controversial as that, oh well, what are we to do? We can take it or leave it and if we dont like it we can leave.

Manners, honesty and customer service do not cost much in terms of time or cash.

If you promise something, but circumstances change to prohibit you following up... say so.

Any decent human being would have no trouble in supplying a truthful and timely update on promises they have made. If the reasons for taking a given action are controversial to the community then omit them.

There is no excuse of any type for not responding though. You can find all the excuses under the sun but they cut no ice.

The fact that this type of thing happens repeatedly is also no reason to continue the lies. Frankie needs to step aside and allow someone with customer care experience and focus to do the job he has universally refused to do. It isnt even a case of being unable or incapable, it is wilful negligence and the entire community are treated with abject contempt.

I didn't read for long time, such a perfect speech.
    +100 I wish I had so good English to write something similar.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I understand his frustration but if he has at all been playing this game for a decent amount of time he should know by now how these things are handled and most likely will be handled for this instance as well.

It will be allowed to go on in the forums for weeks of ongoing rage till the page count reaches 50 or more before any responce is given that responce will be franky saying they are currently communicating with the dev's in china to find a resolve to this issue. Another month of rage posting and page count reaches 100 another similar responce will be made most likely something to do with we expect an announcement on this within the coming weeks.

After all is said and done they will just calmly bide their time till the players upset about the offender's of the bug not being punished stop posting and give up it was the same with the r9 medal's in the dq page making them unbound by stacking them with a r9 medal from the cash shop that wasn't bound the only result of that was r9 medal's were removed from the dq page completely with the responce being the dev's never intended r9 to be so easily accessible yet a few month's later its all in the cash shop even more easily accessible if you got the cash to shell out.
  • Logic - Raging Tide
    Logic - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Because your irrelevant. b:bye

No **** Sherlock. How'd you figure?
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    At least admins never said that they will bann gv glitchers who made tons of coins while other gooned to 105 b:laughb:avoid
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012

While I understand your point what the Admins, GMs, or whomever does to discipline the glitchers or anyone who violates the ToS is between the offenders and the Administrators and really nobody else's business.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
    edited February 2012
    While I understand your point what the Admins, GMs, or whomever does to discipline the glitchers or anyone who violates the ToS is between the offenders and the Administrators and really nobody else's business.

It is when it was brought up with the community in the first place. If they say something, why don't they follow through with it?
  • kondors
    edited February 2012

I really wish you would actually read what I said before passing comment, especially since you chose to quote me.

I already stated that who is punished, what punishment is given or going to be given etc has not actually been asked for.

A simple up date on a promise made is all that has been asked for. If you are going to spend your life trolling the forums, making the hundreds and hundreds of posts that you have, please at least read before deciding to berate anyone and everyone who has a query, request , or legitimate complaint.

You claim to understand the point and then launch straight into the nature of the punishments if there are any , and who willl receive them. get it into your head that this is neither relevant, nor actually asked for.

If they came back with a simple statement that said they were now not going to do anything at all, it would at least constitute an update, reflect an element of customer care, and be an indication of manners in respect of having the courtesy to respond.

Kudos though for managing to make all those hundreds of posts on so many threads, complaining bitterly at anyone who has a legit complaint or query. Ironic that the number of unfair, ill thought out, and totally unnecessary complaints on forums would be significantly reduced if only you would stop typing.
    edited February 2012
    Lololol.
    edited February 2012
    Lololol 2.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    I really wish you would actually read what I said before passing comment, especially since you chose to quote me.

I already stated that who is punished, what punishment is given or going to be given etc has not actually been asked for.

A simple up date on a promise made is all that has been asked for. If you are going to spend your life trolling the forums, making the hundreds and hundreds of posts that you have, please at least read before deciding to berate anyone and everyone who has a query, request , or legitimate complaint.

You claim to understand the point and then launch straight into the nature of the punishments if there are any , and who willl receive them. get it into your head that this is neither relevant, nor actually asked for.

If they came back with a simple statement that said they were now not going to do anything at all, it would at least constitute an update, reflect an element of customer care, and be an indication of manners in respect of having the courtesy to respond.

Kudos though for managing to make all those hundreds of posts on so many threads, complaining bitterly at anyone who has a legit complaint or query. Ironic that the number of unfair, ill thought out, and totally unnecessary complaints on forums would be significantly reduced if only you would stop typing.

Probably because you're missing my point. It's none of your business what or when the admins decide to do about the glitchers, unless you are a glitcher. If that's true then it's none of our business. Either way that makes this and every other thread like this meaningless, pointless, irrelevent, BS that serve no other purpose than to provide wasted space for no-lifers to QQ.

• kondors
    edited February 2012
    Probably because you're missing my point. It's none of your business what or when the admins decide to do about the glitchers, unless you are a glitcher. If that's true then it's none of our business. Either way that makes this and every other thread like this meaningless, pointless, irrelevent, BS that serve no other purpose than to provide wasted space for no-lifers to QQ.

It isnt true.. and you STILL refer to the specific content of the promise made. THAT is no ones business. They made a promise to address something, we care not with whom, or in what manner, merelt to have an update saying whether or not they have honoured the promise. Its been esplained toy uo umpteen times by several people.

If you cant comprehend simple english, refrain from commenting on it please. Your trolling people to whine bout what you in your own isolated opinion consider to be a waste of time... is a waste of time.

if someone promises you they will do something then you have a legitimate right to ask whether they did in fact do it.
    End of story , now go whine at someone elses legit post.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    It is when it was brought up with the community in the first place. If they say something, why don't they follow through with it?

So what do you want? A public lynching? Advance notice from the admins of a time and date for the bans so the offenders can create new accounts to dump **** onto? You want to see the offenders rage because their accounts are about to be banned for some form of personal retribution against them? Are you a glitcher or a friend of a glitcher and demand some sort of advanced warning so you can attempt to mitigate any action taken against you? Seriously, what the hell are you going to get out of it? What's it to you? For the life of me I see no benefit to anyone who plays a legitimate game to know when actions are going to be taken against the ones who didn't and I really wouldn't want anyone who has glitched (cheated) their way to 105 to know when that ban hammer is coming.

If you play legit it's none of your business and if you don't deal with whatever whenever.

• Jadsia - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    It isnt true.. and you STILL refer to the specific content of the promise made. THAT is no ones business. They made a promise to address something, we care not with whom, or in what manner, merelt to have an update saying whether or not they have honoured the promise. Its been esplained toy uo umpteen times by several people.

If you cant comprehend simple english, refrain from commenting on it please. Your trolling people to whine bout what you in your own isolated opinion consider to be a waste of time... is a waste of time.

if someone promises you they will do something then you have a legitimate right to ask whether they did in fact do it.
    End of story , now go whine at someone elses legit post.

If you are a glitcher you do not deserve anything from the admins but a ban. If you are not a glitcher You have nothing to gain from what you are demanding.

As I already mentioned on the post I was writing when you responded the only people who are really going to benefit from any info that you are requesting are the glitchers themselves. There is no point in the Admins saying or doing ANYTHING about them before they decide to do anything. I'd like to see cheaters banned and I'm glad the admins promised to do something about the worst of them but if they don't so what? It's not going to change anything regarding gameplay.

Also that last sentence of yours is a troll. My post is as legit to me as you think yours is to you. You know the saying, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones."

~P.S. I did notice some high profile lvl 105 players on my server just happen to disappear without a peep from them. Take that for what it's worth.

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So what do you want?
    an update saying whether or not they have honoured the promise.

It really doesn't get much more clear.... I have no idea why you can't understand exactly what it is he is asking for.

Example of what he would like:

Frankie: "Yes, we have now dealt out punishment to the glitchers. Case closed."

or

Frankie: "We have decided we are going to do nothing to the glitchers. Case closed."

Easy enough?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    It really doesn't get much more clear.... I have no idea why you can't understand exactly what it is he is asking for.

Example of what he would like:

Frankie: "Yes, we have now dealt out punishment to the glitchers. Case closed."

or

Frankie: "We have decided we are going to do nothing to the glitchers. Case closed."

Easy enough?b:surrender

If that info is so important to you people then send Frankie an email or PM and ask him yourself. Making thread after thread of QQ demands is idiotic and serves no purpose other than to create anymosity within the community.

I'm getting more and more convinced that most of these threads are created by glitchers worried about losing their accounts and are sweating bullets and crapping bricks.

• Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If that info is so important to you people then send Frankie an email or PM and ask him yourself. Making thread after thread of QQ demands is idiotic and serves no purpose other than to create anymosity within the community.

I'm getting more and more convinced that most of these threads are created by glitchers worried about losing their accounts and are sweating bullets and crapping bricks.

As far as creating animosity goes, you're no bundle of sunshine yourself, honey.

I'm getting more and more convinced you glitched and are worried that if people keep prompting Frankie for a reply, you might actually get punished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kjstorage
    kjstorage Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2012

"you people"? I seem to recall that being the phrase Mel Gibson used... it didnt get received well as I remember it.
    It isnt your place to decide who may post or on what topic, take a leaf out of your own book, if you dont like whats requested then leave and stop QQing.

ROFL very much at the notion that you may in fact be concerned about having glitched.
This discussion has been closed.