I don't understand the logic.

Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
'Cause in a thread a few months back, Frankie stated everyone who abused the famed "goon glitch", would be banned soon. He stated a list was compiled of cash shoppers and non-cash shoppers.

The "goon glitch" was resolved November 2nd, 2011. Over time, it had been stated a multitude of times that these people wouldn't be penalized by using this glitch, because PWE felt that it was more of their own fault for not resolving the issue quickly. Later this statement was revoked, and Frankie stated they had compiled a list of people who abused the glitch.

I log on the game to find players level 105. I know they didn't get to level 105 fairly, because in the past they asked for squads via wc, common chat and asked myself quite often (I denied, ofc). With the release of the latest one hour content expansion, we found out that the "new" way to level to 105 is quests that will result in 101-105 within' 5-6 years of an hour or two a day of completing them.

5-6 years legally.
5-6 days illegally.

Why have these people still not received punishment for their actions? It's been almost 4 months for these players to CS, play the game, play the expansion, trials-update, etc freely. Also - I know it's just "5 stat points per level". That's not the point. Sin's get max stealth w/ 105 (only peeps that are 105 can see 'em), and various other perks such as not loosing exp upon death anymore.

I'm prepared for trolls. I know the game is near death, and people are bored from the monotonous actions in the game and look for something to be of enjoyment online. My retort: Come at me bro. I will kiss your big panda face. b:kiss
Post edited by Tremblewith - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    GMs said in another thread that they have found those who have glitched and action was all ready to send out.

Of course they only said that to shut those who kept asking up and the statment was made I think in January, if not last year...

Let's have a GM update us shall we?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Lol, no way... Seriously? That's literally improbable. By that logic, I'm level 110. How? I have a belly-button.

...I mean, really. I could rat out a good 30+ people on my FL right now that have asked me to goon glitch with them, when it still a working glitch. If these people have been banned, how do they log on? I would love an in-game ban where I can log in the game, lol. I would be so badace.
    edited February 2012
    To go a step further, if you banned all that heavily abused it to 105, a few TW factions would be crippled instantly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    Tidestrike - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Will probably be around 2 months before a GM goes anywhere near this thread :/

Forum Mods may get here tomorrow; one will try to contact Frankie, to no avail, for several weeks.

When he finally does manage to get contact with Frankie, he will then inform us, laughing to himself, that we will see a solution 'some time in the near future', and will then leave the thread to die and for everyone to forget about the issue.

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Will probably be around 2 months before a GM goes anywhere near this thread :/

Forum Mods may get here tomorrow; one will try to contact Frankie, to no avail, for several weeks.

When he finally does manage to get contact with Frankie, he will then inform us, laughing to himself, that we will see a solution 'some time in the near future', and will then leave the thread to die and for everyone to forget about the issue.

b:shutup

Well, I'll try, can't promise anything...
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »

:O you're early D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Nonetheless, some of us never forget how the company behind this game lies, cheats, and steals. I'd just like an update/response to clarify why the people that goon glitched have yet to be banned, after nearly four months of the glitch being resolved and over 10 months of the glitch coming into mainstream gaming.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The worst offenders will be banned in the near future. The list is made up of cash shoppers and non-cash shoppers. We won't be able to disclose the names of those banned, but we will let you know when it happens.

I think we have a new record, as it has been about a month since this topic was subject of yet another thread.

Fight the fight Tremble, see you in TW b:victory
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited February 2012
    i know why the mods have so much trouble finding frankie

"We seek him here, we seek him there

Those Frenchies seek him everywhere!

Is he in heaven? Or is he in hell?

That demmed Elusive Pimpernel?"

frankie is the Scarlet Pimpernel

as for the worst offenders, it's easy GM's. check your own rankings page and 99% of those 105 can be banned
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    'Cause in a thread a few months back, Frankie stated everyone who abused the famed "goon glitch", would be banned soon. He stated a list was compiled of cash shoppers and non-cash shoppers.

The "goon glitch" was resolved November 2nd, 2011. Over time, it had been stated a multitude of times that these people wouldn't be penalized by using this glitch, because PWE felt that it was more of their own fault for not resolving the issue quickly. Later this statement was revoked, and Frankie stated they had compiled a list of people who abused the glitch.

I log on the game to find players level 105. I know they didn't get to level 105 fairly, because in the past they asked for squads via wc, common chat and asked myself quite often (I denied, ofc). With the release of the latest one hour content expansion, we found out that the "new" way to level to 105 is quests that will result in 101-105 within' 5-6 years of an hour or two a day of completing them.

5-6 years legally.
    5-6 days illegally.

Why have these people still not received punishment for their actions? It's been almost 4 months for these players to CS, play the game, play the expansion, trials-update, etc freely. Also - I know it's just "5 stat points per level". That's not the point. Sin's get max stealth w/ 105 (only peeps that are 105 can see 'em), and various other perks such as not loosing exp upon death anymore.

I'm prepared for trolls. I know the game is near death, and people are bored from the monotonous actions in the game and look for something to be of enjoyment online. My retort: Come at me bro. I will kiss your big panda face. b:kiss

GTFO. This game is not for you if you can deal with others who glitched their way to whatever.

Obviously nothing else matters to these crybabies than this pathetic BS. Really, why the hell do you even give a **** about the goon glitchers? Is that extra 15 stat points enough to roll you into oblivion? If so then GTFO.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Valrain - Archosaur
    Valrain - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'll likely get flamed for this, but here you go:

Taking advantage of a glitch in the game is not the players' fault, it's the game designers' fault for allowing it to happen in the first place. Yes, it's a violation of the TOS and the people may eventually get banned.

However, let's look at some other glitches:

AD used to be AoE. Anybody could use it to knock sins of any level out of stealth. It wasn't supposed to be an AoE, but people took advantage of the glitch. Should those people be banned?

The second boss in Frost can be glitched so that he no longer attacks anyone. People take advantage of this glitch all the time now to save on charm and repair costs. Should everyone that takes advantage of this glitch be banned?

You see what I'm getting at here. It's going to be very hard for PWE to ban players that took advantage of one glitch without also banning other players who took advantage of different glitches. If they do that, most of PWI will get banned. b:chuckle

Don't worry about the 105's though. Like any game, once you reach the end it becomes boring and you quit. Is Kitamura still around?
  • Tidestrike - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    GTFO. This game is not for you if you can deal with others who glitched their way to whatever.

Obviously nothing else matters to these crybabies than this pathetic BS. Really, why the hell do you even give a **** about the goon glitchers? Is that extra 15 stat points enough to roll you into oblivion? If so then GTFO.

The thread isn't just about the glitchers, its expressing the OP's disappointment with the way Frankie has handled the situation, and not followed through with another one of his promises, which was to punish the glitchers.

No need to get so aggressive. You call him a crybaby then proceed to QQ and rage yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited February 2012

tbh it's not so much about the glitch or the people being 105 but about the company keeping their word
    regardless of what the promise is if it's made then it should be honoured
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm a little annoyed with this as well. Not so much with the goons, more like the fix. it was the only reasonable way to ever reach 105. Shoulda left it as it was. Everyone woulda been able to do it eventually.

They SHOULD honor their word though if they say something. That is what i understand to be the main thing with this thread. But, since they don't want to lose a lot of money from CSers i don't think they will do anything. Personal opinion here, but probably true.

If an ACTUAL new way to 105 comes along, that doesn't take years to get there, I will not give a **** who got there when and how. :) Just as long as its attainable for everyone.
    edited February 2012

Panda loves you long time. *Kisses* b:kiss

I'll likely get flamed for this, but here you go:

Taking advantage of a glitch in the game is not the players' fault, it's the game designers' fault for allowing it to happen in the first place. Yes, it's a violation of the TOS and the people may eventually get banned.

However, let's look at some other glitches:

AD used to be AoE. Anybody could use it to knock sins of any level out of stealth. It wasn't supposed to be an AoE, but people took advantage of the glitch. Should those people be banned?

The second boss in Frost can be glitched so that he no longer attacks anyone. People take advantage of this glitch all the time now to save on charm and repair costs. Should everyone that takes advantage of this glitch be banned?

You see what I'm getting at here. It's going to be very hard for PWE to ban players that took advantage of one glitch without also banning other players who took advantage of different glitches. If they do that, most of PWI will get banned. b:chuckle

Don't worry about the 105's though. Like any game, once you reach the end it becomes boring and you quit. Is Kitamura still around?

The staff of this game and lack of everything in every department of everything potentially possible, is why I don't play more than an hour a day. It's also why I'm leaving for Wars that have guilds in them for the 2nd time, when these wars are available for this man to purchase. If ya get my drift.

There is a difference between a glitch in the game like AD, and goon glitching. If they were on the same level, there wouldn't be a thread with over 100 pages in existence for just goon glitches. We would see people in uproar over all of these "glitches". The only big ones that come to mind is veno nix glitch, goon glitching, rb glitching, and a few client-side hacks/glitches that used to be available. Since then, most of these have been fixed. But as stated a multitude of times, the staff here at this game state people will be banned for abusing said FF "goon" glitch. They haven't stated this for an AD glitch, or most of any other glitches I've really seen. This combined with the lack of acting upon their own words, is why this thread is in existence today.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Um... what's perky about not losing exp upon death when you also don't gain any exp to begin with?

Also, the stealth thing is true of level 105 Archers as of the Descent update. Also, Seekers can see everyone, as of the update, being the only class to be able to do so.

Also, other than Seekers, no one can see an Assassin of level 105 who is using Shadow Escape, not even Assassins of level 105.

And even without stealth, Assassins are damn good in PvP.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited February 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »

It took 2 mods to get a GM response to my "Occupy PWi" thread.

Quick, Fuzzy, Kritty, Shelly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
    edited February 2012
    Um... what's perky about not losing exp upon death when you also don't gain any exp to begin with?

Also, the stealth thing is true of level 105 Archers as of the Descent update. Also, Seekers can see everyone, as of the update, being the only class to be able to do so.

Also, other than Seekers, no one can see an Assassin of level 105 who is using Shadow Escape, not even Assassins of level 105.

And even without stealth, Assassins are damn good in PvP.

So, I should justify why a community manger (employee of the game's forums you're posting on), stated people would be banned in the "near future". What bonuses do level 105 give? Find out yourself. If you personally see no merit in level 105, how does that deny the fact that other people clearly see an issue with it (which is why people are supposedly going to be banned, right?).

I mean, c'mon... I barely play this game anymore and yet even I know the advantages over a 101 VS 105. Even without these advantages, the morality of the whole glitches vs non glitchers clearly represents itself on these forums as well in-game.

Even cut the morality, staff response, and level 105... You have people who leveled their alts w/ perma-squads from 1-101. You do know the glitch was all over world chat, common chat, whispers, faction chat, faction forums, etc right? It was also around for nearly 6-7 months before we received an actual fix from China. Your retort is that it creates level 105s, which serve no advantage VS any other level above 101, correct? Start thinking harder. Really now. If I was alone in this thought, why are there so many threads on these forums stating pretty much word for word what I am?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wait, how come people are ******** that goon glitchers are not punished, but nothing is said about caster NV glitchers? One was about getting levels faster, the other was about being able to farm efficiently with caster classes. Do you see the connection? All people wanted was to do everything equally, and goons glitch was the one way that you could level quickly that involved all classes. You didn't need to QQ about how sins stealth skipped to bosses and teleported to rooms and you couldn't. Best of all, there wasn't even APS involved. It should have made everyone happy. If anything, you should all be complaining about how it got taken away.

Personally, I think it was unprofessional and shoddy for it to continue. Massive amounts of mobs spilling out like diarrhea inside a 7x instance was just unsightly and inappropriate. It didn't make sense having that in such a low level instance. They should have fixed it, and made a high level instance that did that purposefully. Of course, the spilling of mobs was never fixed, and a new leveling instance with mob diarrhea didn't come either.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2012

If an ACTUAL new way to 105 comes along, that doesn't take years to get there, I will not give a **** who got there when and how. :) Just as long as its attainable for everyone.

It does not take years to get to 105 anymore even without the frost glitch. Simply do all your dailies, bh's, and run regular frost and you can still manage to do it rather quickly with determination. It is the "grind factor".

This need by everyone to QQ to death about everything is burning a lot of people out on this game.

QQ I cant level fast enough- revamp of frost and introduction of bh system

QQ Factions have been monopolizing tw maps- recycle every 3-6 months

QQ Factions monopolizing world bosses- random insane stupidity with bosses spawning from 24-48 or more hours just at some random time.

QQ sins are op- ok so this one gets a pass......

Point is the solutions being put forth to appease all these ruddy QQers are ruining the game. This is how I feel about the game....**** the ruddy QQers. They either like the game or they do not. I am sick to death of every accommodation being made for people who do nothing but whine, ****, and moan because the game is not "easy" for them.
    edited February 2012
    Wait, how come people are ******** that goon glitchers are not punished, but nothing is said about caster NV glitchers? One was about getting levels faster, the other was about being able to farm efficiently with caster classes. Do you see the connection? All people wanted was to do everything equally, and goons glitch was the one way that you could level quickly that would involve all classes. Best of all, there wasn't even APS involved. It should have made everyone happy. If anything, you should all be ******** and moaning about how it got taken away.

Personally, I think it was unprofessional and shoddy for it to continue. Massive amounts of mobs spilling out like diarrhea inside a 7x instance was just unsightly and inappropriate. It didn't make sense having that in such a low level instance. They should have fixed it, and made a high level instance that did that purposefully.

Because caster Nirvana is for a small player base, while goon glitching resulted in the creation of many players being able to even do Nirvana/Caster Nirvana (mostly their alts, yes). Caster Nirvy is drop-based and for... Casters. Goon glitching is for exp (mostly), and for... All classes/levels.

"Dude, you think a level 10 can goon glitch?"
    Me: Yes, he/she can. 5 Level 100+ players goon glitching w/ the level 10 alt sitting on the sidelines sucking up the exp. Shocking, I know.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Point is the solutions being put forth to appease all these ruddy QQers are ruining the game. This is how I feel about the game....**** the ruddy QQers. They either like the game or they do not. I am sick to death of every accommodation being made for people who do nothing but whine, ****, and moan because the game is not "easy" for them.

This. It doesn't improve anyone's game in any way if those players actually get banned.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    edited February 2012
    It does not take years to get to 105 anymore even without the frost glitch. Simply do all your dailies, bh's, and run regular frost and you can still manage to do it rather quickly with determination. It is the "grind factor".

This need by everyone to QQ to death about everything is burning a lot of people out on this game.

QQ I cant level fast enough- revamp of frost and introduction of bh system

QQ Factions have been monopolizing tw maps- recycle every 3-6 months

QQ Factions monopolizing world bosses- random insane stupidity with bosses spawning from 24-48 or more hours just at some random time.

QQ sins are op- ok so this one gets a pass......

Either your're trolling, or you're really, really stupid. Like 25% of what you state is correct, and spot on. The other 75% is so wrong... I'm someone who has been playing since beta on this toon, everyday. I don't try to brag, but I do know what I'm talking about... Leveling is quick nowadays, yes. Leveling to 105 is pretty much the same. If you quest/FF to 105 as a Barb, you'll be lucky as ballz if you manage to reach 105 by the time PWE shuts PWI down, like they did LoMA.

But hey, that's alright. At least you get like half of the zen you charged that month back, and an all-class pet for another one of their awesome-sauce games. Surely that makes up for it, lol.
    edited February 2012
    This. It doesn't improve anyone's game in any way if those players actually get banned.

No, but it does follow through with what staff @ PWE have been stating for 7+ months. If I tell you I have a cookie and plan to give you a cookie soon... Do you expect the cookie now, soon, or never? If you don't receive the cookie, but expected it - you will be upset.

Well, maybe not you. Someone who enjoys cookies, ya know.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Because caster Nirvana is for a small player base, while goon glitching resulted in the creation of many players being able to even do Nirvana/Caster Nirvana (mostly their alts, yes). Caster Nirvy is drop-based and for... Casters. Goon glitching is for exp (mostly), and for... All classes/levels.

"Dude, you think a level 10 can goon glitch?"
    Me: Yes, he/she can. 5 Level 100+ players goon glitching w/ the level 10 alt sitting on the sidelines sucking up the exp. Shocking, I know.

I was not aware that lvl 100s could do NV naked. I was also not aware that gear necessary to solo NV farmed itself as soon as you had enough lvl 100s to get the keys.

In addition, I was not aware that it was not possible to get an alt to lvl 100 within a week without the goon glitch.

Bottom line is: Hyper Frost had already made exp one of the most useless resource you could ever hope to attain. QQing about a way to get exp even faster than Hyper Frost was just ignorant.
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Oh i have no issue with grinding. I'm very familiar with it. It took me years in other games to reach max level, and i did it. It shouldn't be easy to get there, but it should be attainable.

I just dont think you should have to be on the game every day for hours each day for it to be attained. And for those that are, gz on your levels :) You really earned them.
    edited February 2012
    I was not aware that lvl 100s could do NV naked. I was also not aware that gear necessary to solo NV farmed itself as soon as you had enough lvl 100s to get the keys.

In addition, I was not aware that it was not possible to get an alt to lvl 100 within a week without the goon glitch.

Read what I stated again. If you are an alt of a already level 100 character, I would expect since you can afford hypers and you're main - there is a high probability that you will have enough money to get reasonable gear for you're level once you enter Nirvana.

As for the second statement, I don't know where you're coming up with that. I can pick a few words out of anyone's post and make it sound comical, as well.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I agree with you so much. I'm also sick of every challenge being killed by QQers that whine about how it's too hard.

I play to relax, to have fun. I'm so sick of spoiled brats QQing over everything and nothing. It's a game. Let others have fun and if you don't like it, well gtfo. Noones forcing you to stay.

If you're that unhappy with the game and the company just leave. Staying and coming back every damn time to QQ and moan about it only makes you look like an addict who got nothing better to do. And yes, I'm pretty pissed with such people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Either your're trolling, or you're really, really stupid. Like 25% of what you state is correct, and spot on. The other 75% is so wrong... I'm someone who has been playing since beta on this toon, everyday. I don't try to brag, but I do know what I'm talking about... Leveling is quick nowadays, yes. Leveling to 105 is pretty much the same. If you quest/FF to 105 as a Barb, you'll be lucky as ballz if you manage to reach 105 by the time PWE shuts PWI down, like they did LoMA.

But hey, that's alright. At least you get like half of the zen you charged that month back, and an all-class pet for another one of their awesome-sauce games. Surely that makes up for it, lol.

I beg to differ. The first characters to 105 were sins, BEFORE GOON GLITCH. Elayne and an entire host of others came shortly after BEFORE GOON GLITCH. Most of us have several 100 and above chars, put that focus into just one char and it is VERY doable in under a year (with the way the game currently plays). This "insta generation" is getting on the nerves. I have been here from the beginning too. I remember all to well grinding for levels and doing quests. I earned my cleric r8 rep the old fashioned way. I set in OHT map 2 on the veno grinding out for eternity to get the ence's scar.Ran those gv's for all they were worth..... I could have EASILY focused on one char and got it to 105. As that is the level cap I never saw a reason to mad rush it.

There is 100% truth in what I said, but the keyword in that was determination.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Read what I stated again. If you are an alt of a already level 100 character, I would expect since you can afford hypers and you're main - there is a high probability that you will have enough money to get reasonable gear for you're level once you enter Nirvana.

As for the second statement, I don't know where you're coming up with that. I can pick a few words out of anyone's post and make it sound comical, as well.

I don't think I picked any word out of your post. If I had the resources to gear up a lvl 100 alt, I would have had the means to get it to lvl 100 within a week, glitch or no glitch. That was my point in the second statement. You have hyper frost already, complaining about goons glitch is just stupid. In fact, there wouldn't have been any problems with goons glitch if hypers were not usable in frost in the first place.

Look if it was a glitch that got you free gold, or let you mess with the game's RND in some way, then I understand, because that was putting you at an unattainable advantage over other players. However, this is exp...the value of which has already been soiled by hyper frost. There's no point complaining about it.
This discussion has been closed.