I don't understand the logic.

Comments

• Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree with you so much. I'm also sick of every challenge being killed by QQers that whine about how it's too hard.

I play to relax, to have fun. I'm so sick of spoiled brats QQing over everything and nothing. It's a game. Let others have fun and if you don't like it, well gtfo. Noones forcing you to stay.

If you're that unhappy with the game and the company just leave. Staying and coming back every damn time to QQ and moan about it only makes you look like an addict who got nothing better to do. And yes, I'm pretty pissed with such people.

From what knowledge I have with current MMOs, most people are waiting for a specific one to be released. Anyways, that's really besides the point. The game is insanely easy, yes. But morality VS what's easy results (in my mind) in morality winning.

My morals state that if I do something wrong, I should expect some negative consequence as a result. Goon glitching is wrong; PWE staff seem to be in agreement (as well as the 100+ goon glitching thread). As of yet, the abusers haven't had any negative consequences from PWE staff.
    edited February 2012
    I don't think I picked any word out of your post. If I had the resources to gear up a lvl 100 alt, I would have had the means to get it to lvl 100 within a week, glitch or no glitch. That was my point in the second statement. You have hyper frost already, complaining about goons glitch is just stupid. In fact, there wouldn't have been any problems with goons glitch if hypers were not usable in frost in the first place.

Look if it was a glitch that got you free gold, or let you mess with the game's RND in some way, then I understand, because that was putting you at an unattainable advantage over other players. However, this is exp...the value of which has already been soiled by hyper frost. There's no point complaining about it.

Ah, so it's alright when people abuse things in video games and don't have any punishment? Maybe in your world, yes. In mine, no. The purpose of this thread is for an update from a staff member on the last staff member's statement. If you have an issue with the fact that people are "expected to be banned", take it up with the staff member that is stating they will be banned "in the near future".
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ah, so it's alright when people abuse things in video games and don't have any punishment? Maybe in your world, yes. In mine, no. The purpose of this thread is for an update from a staff member on the last staff member's statement. If you have an issue with the fact that people are "expected to be banned", take it up with the staff member that is stating they will be banned "in the near future".

Do you pop a vein every time some kid uses game shark codes for Pokemon too?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited February 2012
    I beg to differ. The first characters to 105 were sins, BEFORE GOON GLITCH. Elayne and an entire host of others came shortly after BEFORE GOON GLITCH. Most of us have several 100 and above chars, put that focus into just one char and it is VERY doable in under a year (with the way the game currently plays). This "insta generation" is getting on the nerves. I have been here from the beginning too. I remember all to well grinding for levels and doing quests. I earned my cleric r8 rep the old fashioned way. I set in OHT map 2 on the veno grinding out for eternity to get the ence's scar.Ran those gv's for all they were worth..... I could have EASILY focused on one char and got it to 105. As that is the level cap I never saw a reason to mad rush it.

There is 100% truth in what I said, but the keyword in that was determination.

Sounds fair. I can't see anything wrong with leveling to 105 in one year, while others could do it in <6 days. Thanks for the clarification, I needed it. b:dirty
    edited February 2012
    Do you pop a vein every time some kid uses game shark codes for Pokemon too?

Nope. Gameshark is quite legal. It's sold on the market. You can buy it in stores. No staff member of Nintendo or Gamefreak has ever stated that players using a GameShark will be banned in the "near future" from playing the game.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You surely do care a lot for the punishment of players in a game that you're going to quit soon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited February 2012
    You surely do care a lot for the punishment of players in a game that you're going to quit soon...

I'm bored and having nothing better to do for the next few hours. Been watching beta videos all day long, since I've had the day off of work. :P Technically, I've nearly already quit. I dropped down from playing 6 hours a day to about 55 minutes a day. Just enough to pick up keys on 3 toons, do MQ, Cube, and a quick solo BH w/ my gf.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    'Cause in a thread a few months back, Frankie stated everyone who abused the famed "goon glitch", would be banned soon. He stated a list was compiled of cash shoppers and non-cash shoppers.

The "goon glitch" was resolved November 2nd, 2011. Over time, it had been stated a multitude of times that these people wouldn't be penalized by using this glitch, because PWE felt that it was more of their own fault for not resolving the issue quickly. Later this statement was revoked, and Frankie stated they had compiled a list of people who abused the glitch.

I log on the game to find players level 105. I know they didn't get to level 105 fairly, because in the past they asked for squads via wc, common chat and asked myself quite often (I denied, ofc). With the release of the latest one hour content expansion, we found out that the "new" way to level to 105 is quests that will result in 101-105 within' 5-6 years of an hour or two a day of completing them.

5-6 years legally.
    5-6 days illegally.

Why have these people still not received punishment for their actions? It's been almost 4 months for these players to CS, play the game, play the expansion, trials-update, etc freely. Also - I know it's just "5 stat points per level". That's not the point. Sin's get max stealth w/ 105 (only peeps that are 105 can see 'em), and various other perks such as not loosing exp upon death anymore.

I'm prepared for trolls. I know the game is near death, and people are bored from the monotonous actions in the game and look for something to be of enjoyment online. My retort: Come at me bro. I will kiss your big panda face. b:kiss

I fully agree with you. It's nonsense. Also don't expect any reaction fromm Frankie. He answer only when he likes it and desperately avoiding any answer. He cannot tell you, sorry, but we will never punish these players. Personally I don't like people like him. He was catch up too many times in lies. He has no honor. And I don't like people without honor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    I fully agree with you. It's nonsense. Also don't expect any reaction fromm Frankie. He answer only when he likes it and desperately avoiding any answer. He cannot tell you, sorry, but we will never punish these players. Personally I don't like people like him. He was catch up too many times in lies. He has no honor. And I don't like people without honor.

Sounds just like the Frankie I remember. Gotta keep hush hush though. They will ban anyone who goes against their staff.

I LOVE YOU FRANKIE... Please, don't hurt me...b:shocked
    edited February 2012
    Annnd now any validity your thread had has been lost and now your thread is going to be seen as you doing nothing but you QQing because you have nothing better to do.

Oh, I see. So if I say I have something better to do w/ my time than make a post at present, it creates validity? Interesting. I have some hair on my head, that makes me a car. Vroom, vroom.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Oh, I see. So if I say I have something better to do w/ my time than make a post at present, it creates validity? Interesting. I have some hair on my head, that makes me a car. Vroom, vroom.

You stated that you don't even really play this game. So why waste time whiteknighting an issue that has no baring on your game play?
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The thread isn't just about the glitchers, its expressing the OP's disappointment with the way Frankie has handled the situation, and not followed through with another one of his promises, which was to punish the glitchers.

No need to get so aggressive. You call him a crybaby then proceed to QQ and rage yourself.

The OP is always "disappointed". He's been whining and crying and complaining for near 3 years now. We're talking about someone who spent *weeks*, if not *months* weeping publicly in fac chat, then ultimately in WC over the loss of his in-game GF.

I'm not sure if graduating to Forum troll is an upward or downward move.

Either way, his threads are not about the game, but his need to have GMs/Devs/Mods to come running when he snaps his fingers.

Long way past old, it is.

Red
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    GTFO. This game is not for you if you can deal with others who glitched their way to whatever.

Obviously nothing else matters to these crybabies than this pathetic BS. Really, why the hell do you even give a **** about the goon glitchers? Is that extra 15 stat points enough to roll you into oblivion? If so then GTFO.

why you so mad? i would say this forum is not for you if you can't accept that people have opinions. tbh if you cant accept that people have varied opinions probably best to uninstall life. oh right you are still in that silly guild where the leader stole all the tw money and the guild bank. no wonder you are so angry!

on topic. nothing will ever be done. the devs made the game that way so that people running away from the boss would get stomped. players just got to op and were able to profit from the stomping. what should have been done was to close frost until the glitch could be fixed. but then people would cash shop for hypers or charms or try to get better gear and so on. so pwi cant really turn around and ban people for abusing this. otherwise they would end up having to refund all the people they ban.
    edited February 2012
    The OP is always "disappointed". He's been whining and crying and complaining for near 3 years now. We're talking about someone who spent *weeks*, if not *months* weeping publicly in fac chat, then ultimately in WC over the loss of his in-game GF.

I'm not sure if graduating to Forum troll is an upward or downward move.

Either way, his threads are not about the game, but his need to have GMs/Devs/Mods to come running when he snaps his fingers.

Long way past old, it is.

Red

Hai Red. I know you assume you have knowledge of me. Good try. Brining up something that was in world chat on HT 3 years ago, and acting like it matters in 2012. What a boss. You bring absolutely no merit to the thread, so congrats. b:kiss

Though would be nice for a CM response, aye.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is why we can't have nice things.

This thread does have valid points though, its amazing how a company doesn't really enforce their rules.

You can glitch/exploit everything and not really get caught.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is why we can't have nice things.

This thread does have valid points though, its amazing how a company doesn't really enforce their rules.

You can glitch/exploit everything and not really get caught.

Its not that you don't get caught. Lots of ppl have got caught. Its that they don't get punished.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited February 2012
    Its not that you don't get caught. Lots of ppl have got caught. Its that they don't get punished.

some get punished, they get a 3 days perma ban. not quite sure myself how that contradiction actually works though, but hey it's PWI
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Guys np at all.
    As I stated before. I will glitch everything what I find. And I recommend to do that for every1. As we can see the max ban(if any), is 3 days. So lets glitch. Nothing will happens.
    BTW. I'm just studding how to make a bot. It's quite difficult for me, because I'm not programmer. But I will not give up. This company so going down the hill pretty fast anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    actually all the 105 are here they arent bored, in fact most of u posting are prob posting on there 101-102 GOONED alts crying about the op cause you dont want your main banned. I hope frankie does go through with what was said cause I bet u all are on a QQ thread for ppl that got banned LOL :P
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Can't a guy make a thread like this without people jumping down his throat? Seems to be the running trend these days.

Frankie probably gooned himself so he's on the list of people needing punished b:avoid
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    First of all, kudos to Tremble for having the sack to bring this topic up again.

I started the last one of these threads I think and my conclusion was that the admins make a boatload of money from gooned toons wanting their R9 gear that are willing to swipe for it.

As to all the people saying that these threads are about people QQing over the fact that they can't level fast enough... put down the crack-pipe. Obviously the people who create threads like this aren't simpering about how hard it is to level. If anything they're saying that levels come too fast in this game.

In fact I doubt you can find a thread in this forum where people complain about something being too difficult. (Excluding when the original mode of operation was changed to enhance difficulty. I.E., TT bosses suddenly becoming tougher after a given patch.)

The sad truth is that the people who glitched their way to 100+ will never be punished because they are the same people who drop obscene amounts of money into the pockets of PWE. On a free game to boot. It's rather funny really when you think about some poor slob blowing $5k-$20k on a free to play game just to be at level cap and to have the best gear available.

Those of us who didn't glitch and didn't drop ridiculous amounts of money on this game will have the last laugh of course. When the servers get shut down and the big-spenders realize what they got for all that money.

Thanks for helping me play for free (Well, I did spend $40. After all, people who make the game deserve some compensation for all the time I've used their entertainment service.)
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Seriously guiz.

The reason none of the glitchers will be banned is because they will hella lose money. A ton of hella CS scrubs on lost city used the glitch.

Would you put a restraining order on someone that was throwing money at you?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Seriously guiz.

The reason none of the glitchers will be banned is because they will hella lose money. A ton of hella CS scrubs on lost city used the glitch.

Being a person of principle sometimes requires making hard choices.

It would appear that PWE makes no hard choices.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Seriously guiz.

Depends. Those nickels and quarters can cause welts when thrown hard enough. b:chuckle

Honestly, how much MORE money are they making on people that already CS'd 105 full rank9+12 characters anyway? It's not like they need to buy rank anymore. If they really wanted to make more money, they'd ban the gooners so they had to spend more money to get rank9 all over again, since the TOS clearly states they have the right to close anyone's account without warning regardless of the money spent.

I just think they don't know who done it anymore and don't really care to fix it unless it's causing a problem with their cash flow. ;_;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • dfdsfdsa
    dfdsfdsa Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Frankielies will have to respond soon or later... Id be happy with at least rolling everything back to 102-103, those lvls can be reached by all without goons, from there on if anyone wants 105 its fair game.... wont have to ban ppl and loose income -.- plus those that cant get to 105 at the moment wont feel getting ***** by GM for stating one thing and then not keeping true to it.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    actually all the 105 are here they arent bored, in fact most of u posting are prob posting on there 101-102 GOONED alts crying about the op cause you dont want your main banned. I hope frankie does go through with what was said cause I bet u all are on a QQ thread for ppl that got banned LOL :P

Whatever; can't people have an opinion without having to be on an alt? This is my main just so you know and I've played it for near 3 years to get to my lvl. I did it all legit. I didn't even oracle. Now what you wanna say?
    Being a person of principle sometimes requires making hard choices.

It would appear that PWE makes no hard choices.

^^ Some people leaving themselves with no dignity to get what they feel is ahead in this life. I'd rather have my own self respect and dignity than all the money this world has to offer. I won't sell out at the compromise of my own self worth. I can't take any of it with me when I die.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wasn't it obvious?

I mean hell, they extended the rank sale during the peak of gooning. That doesn't ring any little bells in your heads?

As for Frankies responses, you really give him far too much credit if you still believe the **** he says.

Not that I care about punishing gooners or even have a problem with gooning, but IJS.

The heaviest gooners are not even guaranteed to be the 105s, there's people who raised new characters from ground up on gooning. This whole "punish gooners" isn't actually about whatever game "justice" people pretend to care about, it's about jealousy. Jealousy at the shiny 105 Icons, about just being 105. No one is calling for heavily glitched level 101 R9s to be banned are they? nooooo, just the 105's.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited February 2012
    The heaviest gooners are not even guaranteed to be the 105s

yeah they are due to the shear amount of xp needed from say 102-105, how many 101 toons could you level with that amount ?
    and its far from being about jealousy a lot of us could have got to 105 as well using the glitch but choose not to, can't really be jealous of something you turned down

the whole episode is one of the reasons the game will die sooner than later, not because ppl glitched, not because there are 105 toons, not because overall it's a bad game, but because people do not trust the management to keep their word
    if you can't trust the people who run the game to stick to their own ToS and promises then you can't trust them to try and improve the playing experience long term
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    ^^ Some people leaving themselves with no dignity to get what they feel is ahead in this life. I'd rather have my own self respect and dignity than all the money this world has to offer. I won't sell out at the compromise of my own self worth. I can't take any of it with me when I die.

And kudos to you too.
    Love a person who has principles.
  • Semis_Inferi - Archosaur
    Semis_Inferi - Archosaur Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    would someone please tell me what "gooning" is? o.o
This discussion has been closed.