Glacix Dragoons

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ya grats on their "Fix".... now how bout actually FIXING it and putting the exp back to normal? even better, back to 70k per dragoon instead of 20 when hypered.... btw Punky or w/e, i'm with alasen, you're a idiot.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Now what needs to be done is return 98% of 105 levels back to lv.1. That will be satisfaction for non cheaters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i could care less if that ban those people or not, although the whining if they did would be pretty funny. I want the exp back on the LEGIT dragoons, and some devs that actualyl know how to fix things. Can i have that for christmas plz? b:surrender
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    Finrah - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    People that don't 'cheat' or play in an illegal way should NOT be punished by this.

Why nerf the EXP instead of fixing the glitch?

I suppose because its easier to decrease exp rather than fix glitches/bugs/codings?

People who spend effort getting through that far deserves to be rewarded great exp, but going through all the **** and would rather just do another 1/2 run instead of a full run. This would also mean that people who need to do the quest for FCC (Holeen kill) may not get their quest done as 2nd half takes a longer time and more dmg is needed to kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I did 3 runs yesterday........ on this and 2 on sin... EVERY time i asked at the front.... "full run"? they all said yes. SO i get the quests, finally a chance to finish a run, get the chest, might get a gold ring to sell or something :D

EVERY FREAKING TIME... we kill the heads, the squad leaves....... seriously? ya i know u dont' get **** off the goons back there anymore, but if u wanna do a full run and get the chest, why leave? lol............. ugh
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I did 3 runs yesterday........ on this and 2 on sin... EVERY time i asked at the front.... "full run"? they all said yes. SO i get the quests, finally a chance to finish a run, get the chest, might get a gold ring to sell or something :D

EVERY FREAKING TIME... we kill the heads, the squad leaves....... seriously? ya i know u dont' get **** off the goons back there anymore, but if u wanna do a full run and get the chest, why leave? lol............. ugh

Because people these days don't have the concept that there's more beyond the big room.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    People that don't 'cheat' or play in an illegal way should NOT be punished by this.

Why nerf the EXP instead of fixing the glitch?

I suppose because its easier to decrease exp rather than fix glitches/bugs/codings?

People who spend effort getting through that far deserves to be rewarded great exp, but going through all the **** and would rather just do another 1/2 run instead of a full run. This would also mean that people who need to do the quest for FCC (Holeen kill) may not get their quest done as 2nd half takes a longer time and more dmg is needed to kill.

Nerfing the exp most likely means they just have to change one value in a single place somewhere.

Fixing the glitch would require locating the reason in the code, coming up with a solution and making sure it does not break something else somewhere.

Clearly, the first is the better option, if your primary concerns are time and effort.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    There have been a handful of people to gain 105 legitimately.

Screenies or it didn't happen. b:bye
    Kitamura on Lost City being one example b:avoid

and I've doubts that She (or He, I don't bloody know) earned that, funny how 105's started popping up when Kita got it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • jehu50
    jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The only way to be fair is to roll back the glitch xpers or else give the rest of us massive xp to balance it out!
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i think pwi should ask players before messing with stuff. we have better ideas anyway? i mean, a gm stands there all day and 1 hits everything while im stuck in the map.
    you want an ACTUAL solution? requisite level 75 to enter FCC.
    cant buy heads? no goons? go cry somehwere else, but grind while your crying so you dont look like a noob.
    The players are what matter and they should be heard, not some dude sitting there that decides one thing and sets it in stone so everyone gets screwed over
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Idiots devs shouldve just stopped the boss from spawning goons, the EXP change screwed full runs b:cry
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Screenies or it didn't happen. b:bye

and I've doubts that She (or He, I don't bloody know) earned that, funny how 105's started popping up when Kita got it...

ya didnt' this glitch come to light not long after...?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nerfing the exp most likely means they just have to change one value in a single place somewhere.

Fixing the glitch would require locating the reason in the code, coming up with a solution and making sure it does not break something else somewhere.

Clearly, the first is the better option, if your primary concerns are time and effort.

Another solution would be to give the dragoons that spawn from the 3rd boss a different ID than the dragoons after the nix, and only nerf the exp on the dragoons from the 3rd boss. My guess is that they don't know how to do this, and so they did the only thing they do know how to do.

Additionally, unless I am mistaken, the PW-CN was responsible for this fix, meaning no one from PWE had any say in it.

In PW-CN hypers aren't useable in FCC, so this *fix* isn't going to anger the Chinese players.

This isn't some giant conspiracy by PWE to **** us off. This is just lazy developers being lazy because they know it won't result in them being yelled at, at least not by people speaking their own language.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ^

Exactly. This problem is only PWI's for bringing hypers into FCC. It's kind of funny that it took a good few months to change an exp value though. It's like they put it in just as an afterthought to their latest update.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ^

Exactly. This problem is only PWI's for bringing hypers into FCC. It's kind of funny that it took a good few months to change an exp value though. It's like they put it in just as an afterthought to their latest update.

Come to think of it... when they said a couple months ago that the dragoon exp had been nerfed by 90%, had it been? I never paid attention to the exact number amount of exp they gave before that, but it kind of seems to me that the Chinese devs just figured "We'll say we nerfed it, they probably won't notice if we did or not". This is probably such a non-issue to them that they wouldn't have ever bothered to change it if not being pressed about it by PWE, and even then, they fixed it in the laziest way possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2011
    Options
    someone told me the other day they used to give 70k hypered, now 20k.. now it's nerfed to **** lol
  • pwiqq
    pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    For all you know, this is merely the first step. Haven't you ever heard that the way to deal with a problem is to take out the root (the dragoons exp), then deal with the leaves (the players who exploited the glitch)? Otherwise, the weed just grows back stronger than ever.b:shocked

when deal with leaves come? b:cry

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    pwiqq wrote: »
    when deal with leaves come? b:cry

Wasn't necessary to necro a thread with a question which will just go unanswered anyway.

Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.