Duplicated Love: Up And Downs?

Options

Comments

• Burstinatrix - Lost City
    Burstinatrix - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People received the items through the Facebook thing earlier discussed.

The money can't be returned, and won't. Most people that bought them for 200,000,000 coins, have resold them for 100,000,000 coins more. With that 100,000,000 coins, he could have invested it into 100,000,000 more coins. I hope you understand what I'm saying.
  • Amixia - Lost City
    Amixia - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No, it's not hard to believe at all because Frankieraye just confirmed the person did in fact do this and that it's now impossible to be done anymore and the player who did it has been dealt with, from the sounds of it severely.

It is hard to believe. Any decent thinking person would make sure it was protected.
    I wouldn't leave my back door unlocked when going out thinking that people will just try the front one. b:bye
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pretty sure Frankieraye hasn't confirmed by which method the person responsible utilised.

What he did do was confirm it wasn't a duplicate. [Link]

However the possibility still remains that it was by the kind of method previously suggested by Asterelle and others.

No, but if it wasn't a duplicate and the person posted how they did it but it got deleted (and why would it be deleted if it wasn't true?) what other method do you suggest there is? Frankie confirmed that it wasn't duping, it can't happen again, and the person was punished.

It is hard to believe. Any decent thinking person would make sure it was protected.
    I wouldn't leave my back door unlocked when going out thinking that people will just try the front one. b:bye

Yeah, but you can already edit the source code to receive Jones blessings to the character of your choice by that method as posted as a legit workaround for the jones blessing problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Magina_AM - Lost City
    Magina_AM - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've gotten things for cheaper than they should before from players who were quitting. I've gotten fashion for 100k, perfect stones for 30k, weapons for free. All from people who quit the game and never logged back on. Just because the price was cheap doesn't mean they necessarily immediately thought duplication. I mean look how certain people were that nobody was getting **** because they felt that the PWI servers are safe. As much distrust with the sales that people in PWI, as much distrust they have in the longevity of the game, people still do trust the security in this game.

True that when ppl quit they give out their items or sell it for cheap price
    but for 20 tome to appear in the AH for that cheap
    good call!
    edited September 2011
    Options
    True that when ppl quit they give out their items or sell it for cheap price
    but for 20 tome to appear in the AH for that cheap
    good call!

I did not buy any nor did it happen on my server. I'm just saying, not everyone would assume duplication **** automatically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No, but if it wasn't a duplicate and the person posted how they did it but it got deleted (and why would it be deleted if it wasn't true?) what other method do you suggest there is? Frankie confirmed that it wasn't duping, it can't happen again, and the person was punished.

All i'm saying VenusArmani is that you attributed confirmation of the process used to frankieraye which he had not done.

As to why the post regarding the potential method was deleted, i'm sure there are plenty of different reasons. One of which may indeed be that it was a way to take advantage of the system.

Even if the process was incorrect, it would certainly be understandable why they'd want to delete something like that. Should a MMO company host a post on their forums of how to "****" their systems? Assuming it was incorrect for the moment, something like that would cast doubt on the integrity of their systems would it not?

What is clear is that something happened that wasn't above board for PWI.

I can understand why a business might want to be less than forthcoming about details of how their system was compromised.

As a stakeholder in PWI (as a player), i'm interested in the state of the game and would like to know what precisely happened. But I also recognise they are under no obligation to tell us.

If such a move was seen to be a bad PR move (not that there is a shortage of those where PWI is concerned), then they will have to deal with the consequences of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hit F12 (Assuming it brings up your source editer on your browser, otherwise look for it in the options : View Source), you can edit the page to do what you like.

If you find the item value (Say Jones is 1, Omalleys is 2, scroll of tome is 2333556) you can Add the scroll option save the page and load it. Then you simply click it and itl work as per, unless its protected.

The only reason this would have worked is because nobody put a serverside filter preventing anything else from being requested, they just gave you limited displayed options.

b:chuckle ahh the PW web development team such incompetent monkeys they are.

Also one hell of a jumping off point for those "crackers"
    I <3 A lot of people
    edited September 2011
    Options
    All i'm saying VenusArmani is that you attributed confirmation of the process used to frankieraye which he had not done.

As to why the post regarding the potential method was deleted, i'm sure there are plenty of different reasons. One of which may indeed be that it was a way to take advantage of the system.

Even if the process was incorrect, it would certainly be understandable why they'd want to delete something like that. Should a MMO company host a post on their forums of how to "****" their systems? Assuming it was incorrect for the moment, something like that would cast doubt on the integrity of their systems would it not?

What is clear is that something happened that wasn't above board for PWI.

I can understand why a business might want to be less than forthcoming about details of how their system was compromised.

As a stakeholder in PWI (as a player), i'm interested in the state of the game and would like to know what precisely happened. But I also recognise they are under no obligation to tell us.

If such a move was seen to be a bad PR move (not that there is a shortage of those where PWI is concerned), then they will have to deal with the consequences of that.

You'll never know precisely what happened. They have to give hints and such, because they can't and won't ever tell us the exact process. Ever. They always do that. Like there is indeed something wrong with frost, and deleting all the posts that told how to do it, and just saying well the players are going to be punished for it. That was there way of confirming yes frost is glitched, yeah that's how to do it, and yes it is bannable. They don't have to say it in so many words to confirm it. It's basically the same thing. People have posted wild rumors on how to do stuff all the time, and they never delete them. Like the crit hit rate arrows, or the pumpkin pill drop exploit. They don't discuss the process to use to scam people nor how long people are banned even theoretically. Take frost for example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Magina_AM - Lost City
    Magina_AM - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I did not buy any nor did it happen on my server. I'm just saying, not everyone would assume duplication **** automatically.

Ture ppl shouldn't automatically assume its dupe for everything
    but when u see someone selling 20 item same price which is way lower than the original one
    and he even say he 'll bring more later
    thats kind of bring suspicion
    and sorry i don't agree about saying this server is so secured.. cause if it
    that wouldn't happen .. don't u think?
    for ppl getting their item by hard work as farming b:victory
    or spending their own money to get that item
    (nah not really.. it still kinda **** me off sometimes b:surrender xD)
    i don't mind
    but for someone to get best of items without hard work and if he was smart enough he would never be found.. yea thats not that secured don't u think?b:surrender
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ture ppl shouldn't automatically assume its dupe for everything
    but when u see someone selling 20 item same price which is way lower than the original one
    and he even say he 'll bring more later
    thats kind of bring suspicion
    and sorry i don't agree about saying this server is so secured.. cause if it
    that wouldn't happen .. don't u think?
    for ppl getting their item by hard work as farming b:victory
    or spending their own money to get that item
    (nah not really.. it still kinda **** me off sometimes b:surrender xD)
    i don't mind
    but for someone to get best of items without hard work and if he was smart enough he would never be found.. yea thats not that secured don't u think?b:surrender

Oh I agree with you 100%. I figured there really was strange something going long before they announced officially that a database had been compromised. Just by the sudden dramatic increase in frequency we were seeing of the 'I got ****' threads. I don't think it is as secure as everyone thinks it is, if the government and Sony can't keep hackers out than it'd be silly to assume that PWE can do so. I just think it's a pretty low possibility, so low as to be highly unlikely to have it happened. I'm just saying that the people who bought them should have their money refunded/and the item any profit they made off of it taken away. They have our trade our logs, I'm sure most of the haven't changed that many hands that's impossible to so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You'll never know precisely what happened. They have to give hints and such, because they can't and won't ever tell us the exact process. Ever. They always do that. Like there is indeed something wrong with frost, and deleting all the posts that told how to do it, and just saying well the players are going to be punished for it. That was there way of confirming yes frost is glitched, yeah that's how to do it, and yes it is bannable. They don't have to say it in so many words to confirm it. It's basically the same thing. People have posted wild rumors on how to do stuff all the time, and they never delete them. Like the crit hit rate arrows, or the pumpkin pill drop exploit. They don't discuss the process to use to scam people nor how long people are banned even theoretically. Take frost for example.

Generally I agree that PWI's approach to incidents is inconsistent. Frankly, i'd be suprised if they were. There aren't many companies or institutions that follow an absolute process. PWI being quite an unwieldly beast is probably difficult to police in that regard even with help of volunteer moderators (on the forums at any rate).

Only other thing i'd point out is that frankieraye did comment on crit rate arrows:
    Nope, it does not increase crit for non-archers.

Edit: Why are the forums more interesting than the game? An indictement if ever i've seen one....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Generally I agree that PWI's approach to incidents is inconsistent. Frankly, i'd be suprised if they were. There aren't many companies or institutions that follow an absolute process. PWI being quite an unwieldly beast is probably difficult to police in that regard even with help of volunteer moderators.

Only other thing i'd point out is that frankieraye did comment on crit rate arrows:

Ah, I knew he commented on them but he didn't delete the posts claiming that they increased the hit rate, they instead just said nah it doesn't work and put that on the wiki as well. If it had worked, they would have deleted the posts, said the people who exploited the glitch that they were aware of were/would be dealt with and let it fall into obscurity. There probably would have been a discussion thread that was active that tiptoed around being specific until it was fixed, and that is where updates would have been given rather than in the official announcements. It's kinda hard to figure it out and I've been tempted to go through every post frankie has ever made and find stuff that should be official announcements, but that would be far more effort than I would care to go through for the moment.

Edit: Why are the forums more interesting than the game? An indictement if ever i've seen one....

LOL, IKR? I've kinda taken a semi-break from it. I still log on to BH, do some quests, etc. But I haven't spent the hours and hours I usually spend on it in a while actually. And I don't come on everyday. I'm currently at the inbetween stage of quitting and still genuinely enjoying the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Herne baby, I missed you! I thought you quit PWI.

Dylena well quit and not and on and off!! dont get much time to play though.. anyways am sure your from sanc but who are you ? if not say here just send in a PM :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Your name rings a bell... and... actually I just wanted to say I like the text in your sig :O x'D

lvl 83 is too young to have heard my name... on sanc atleast... i have played on it since the last 2 years now i guess... less your an alt to summun.. but hi and my siggie was made by an old old friend.. from sanc itself..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

• Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lvl 83 is too young to have heard my name... on sanc atleast... i have played on it since the last 2 years now i guess... less your an alt to summun.. but hi and my siggie was made by an old old friend.. from sanc itself..

you act as if you werent important or not memorable in some way shape or form b:chuckle but maybe i just said what you wanted to hear lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you act as if you werent important or not memorable in some way shape or form b:chuckle but maybe i just said what you wanted to hear lol

now now mendi even your around...nah been a while i actually played this game... but i remember a few names here and there .. how are you dear one ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• AirSonic - Sanctuary
    AirSonic - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    now now mendi even your around...nah been a while i actually played this game... but i remember a few names here and there .. how are you dear one ?

dont you play in archosaur? b:surrender
    edited September 2011
    Options
    dont you play in archosaur? b:surrender

used to not anymore... been a while i been on the game actually..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If only this issue were actually GM's secretly spawning L:UaD and sticking them in AH in some feeble and ultimately useless attempt to drive the prices of that particular tome down.

I personally believe it is a dupe issue. Considering that L:UaD must be obtained from SoT, which is pretty much the RAREST pack reward, I seriously doubt this many could be obtain via "hacking". Especially considering the amounts for sale in PvP servers, where the high majority of owned L:UaD's are bound to prevent dropping them on PK death.
  • VitaNova - Archosaur
    VitaNova - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Confirmed http://i.imgur.com/DYVHi.png

My guess is some kind of dupe ****. If they were stolen he'd try to get a higher price.
    It's so sad that pwi's so unupdated that a simple packet freezer can still send the game into chaos, this is a 10 yr old **** that shouldn't work in this day and age on any real game. IJS.
  • Fon - Raging Tide
    Fon - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you really expect them to roll it all back and fix it?

there have been tens of such freak accidents previously.. and probably in a higher magnitude.. every day that rolls by, more of it is left back in the past.. in other words.. its kinds stupid to expect a "roll back" and fix things..

wont happen.. been on this game way too long to know what does work here and what doesn't.. and roll back is a " LooL"..

no offence to anybody but that is prolly the way how it works on this game.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what's sad is it's still spreading.
    Dreamweaver had last night the same kind of sale.
    I guess the exploit is working, either from facebook or DQ/Achievements page.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Considering that L:UaD must be obtained from SoT, which is pretty much the RAREST pack reward, I seriously doubt this many could be obtain via "hacking".
    It has a rarer chance to come out of a pack, yes......but that doesn't matter. Its still just an item number to the server/client/game.
    Its not like they'd have any more encryption/protection around this one item number than the one for a regular token =P
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wait wait wait.... Can you tell me how you take care of people exploiting the goon glitch please ? (honest question)

Easy...

They'll slap them on the wrist ( not the one they use their credit card with, the other one )

They'll say they are naughty players, tsk,tsk, and they'll bring out R10 for lvl 105 only.

Now isn't that punishment enough?

And they can't even say they have no way of knowing who the goonies are, because if they can trace a LUaD and trace personal conversations, they surely can find out who cheated and who's legit.

Some of them even said they glitched on this forum.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yeah, if you expect them to fix goonz you're on some weird crack.
    That glitch could be fixed by a finger snap, changing the boss spawn property. Come on, every script kiddo knows how to do it.
    There is a purpose behind that goonz glitch I can tell you that. What is it? No idea, we can only speculate

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gankster - Raging Tide
    Gankster - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you really expect them to roll it all back and fix it?

there have been tens of such freak accidents previously.. and probably in a higher magnitude.. every day that rolls by, more of it is left back in the past.. in other words.. its kinds stupid to expect a "roll back" and fix things..

wont happen.. been on this game way too long to know what does work here and what doesn't.. and roll back is a " LooL"..

no offence to anybody but that is prolly the way how it works on this game.

rollback wont happen, but this is more serious than any other problems they have had.
    what's sad is it's still spreading.
    Dreamweaver had last night the same kind of sale.
    I guess the exploit is working, either from facebook or DQ/Achievements page.

some people are sayin both, kinda sad people sit around with no damn life, and find exploits on how to **** a pixelated tome.... i dunno bout you people, but i have FAR far better things to do with my time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    throw one my way to, I will be there if I have a key

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aube_Athenae - Sanctuary
    Aube_Athenae - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ya they do

now the goal is to be log first and set all the name i want lol..3 or 4 more months so long
  • Sesshomaru - Lothranis
    Sesshomaru - Lothranis Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You know they should be able to track this guy down....or at least stop that computer that is operating. They need to track owner of the item and then the IP of the computer. Then just ban all the characters using that IP.

Of course the person may have different computers, but the least they can do is ban the computers one by one. HOWEVER, considering how inefficient PWI has been, with the inability to fix goon glitch amongst other exploits, I doubt anything will be done.

Ppl in the server that this dupe is happnening, you should keep sending tickets of complaints....
  • Erinea - Raging Tide
    Erinea - Raging Tide Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    xian5 wrote: »
    I bought the tome 200m in AH yesterday, soon after, I saw people world chat about there were 10 posted as well the day before, and about dupe items, so I submitted a ticket yesterday morning to check. I has been 2 days and 1 night, no update yet.

10 LUAD yesterday, 10 the day before, and 10 more today, 3 days continuously, something must be up. I have seen catshops resell the tome 260m and already sold. I also remember there was a catshop named Kinda_ selling 7 LUAD for 270m a week ago. The fact is there are already alot of people bought the "suspicious" tome, if in the end just got the tome deleted, those people would lose 200m+ in-game coins for nothing. And if PWE reverse the transactions/trades, if exploiter sold to PlayA for 200m, PlayerA sold to PlayerB for 250m, PlayerA bought 100mil worth of legit item/gold from other players PlayerC and PlayerD(150m left), reversing those will be ugly, and who knows how many those "suspicious" tome/items were sold before people even know. In the end someone will always have some extra "gift" coins if reversing does happen.

I have left the tome in my inventory and my account untouched since I bought the tome and submitted the ticket, I just hope my account is unharmed and get the 200m refund if the tome does get deleted.

I'm wondering about this too, I got 2 friends freaking out thinking they will lose the tome and get no refund. What is going to happen to those that bought it without knowing?
This discussion has been closed.