[Server Maintenance] 9-20-2011 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Ichibankai - Lost City
    Ichibankai - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    License this game for the US so you can begin independent development :P As for game-play *cough* bring the max down on APS, nerf sins, give seekers another stun skill or make voidstep's CD 45-60 seconds. Loved that idea about All-class pets being able to pick up drops, would save a lot of time while grinding. My two *unheard* cents lol

i like the pet idea =3
  • lympar
    lympar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    if i remember correctly you don't lose exp from pvp

Oh.
    But still. I still don't want to be killed by a high level palyer when I try to do a quest.
  • kurosake
    kurosake Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have sooooo many gameplay improvement ideas.. But the top one for me?

Give the older classes some more usefullness.. Espescially venomancers, we shouldn't just be an 'extra' in squads that is last to be picked. b:surrender - On the topic of Venomancers - Pet EXP Stones pls.

That is all. :)
  • ZQzQzQzQz - Archosaur
    ZQzQzQzQz - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    patch Notes Version 566
    Released September 21, 2011

localization Changes
    We Have Fixed Localization Issues For The Following Quests:

my Obese Sweetheart

B:victory

R O F L L L L L L b:laughb:laugh
  • Ichibankai - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    lympar wrote: »
    Oh.
    But still. I still don't want to be killed by a high level palyer when I try to do a quest.

i understand i hatted that also at lower levels but hey some people have probs killing players their own level i have a guild on my server and its pkk we go in after the guys that kill lower lvls in sp i hate seeing people who try to progress in a brokenworld and get killed because of it.
  • aryalaris
    aryalaris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think that what the game really needs is really good gear that can only be farmed through a lot of work. Something that does not come from packs, cannot be bought like R9 and it's not enough to have a pocket full of money and power levelled character to get. Because right now people that really count are the ones with a lot of money to spend on the game. I wish there was just one thing that cannot simply be bought.
  • _Slyre_ - Raging Tide
    _Slyre_ - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

We will be having regular Server Maintenance tonight at 11pm PDT! It should last no more than two hours, meaning all servers should be back up by 1am PDT.

And for the usual maintenance question:

If you could make just one gameplay change to PWI, what would it be?

i still say if i had to suggest a major change to pwi, id ask to add more instances and events, like how cube of fate is a bunch of "minigames" if u will. why not have a similar instance, but u choose the game, the difficulty and time frame and get charged accordingly? and depending on what ur choices are determines the prize u get? i admit its not like fate in the sence that u have to get to the end but with new faction contrib. system and such maybe cont. could be a consloation. dyes, tokens, chips, smilie packs and mirages for prizes and iron hammers, mounts, wings, charms, and extasy cards as major prizes. come on pwi, make us a good instance to unwind! also >.> pls no pk in said instance :3

i like the idea of boss cutscenes, and how about bosses speak on audio, instead of a mini chat bubble, id love to have bosses screaming as i kill or boasting before the battle lmao js
    as for sockets, forget it, the max sockets were inacted fer a good reason, so u dont have ppl running around with near imunity to anything! JS

and as far as anything goes, make it more interesting, in all honesty lets have gms walking around with us! show the noobies the ropes , or hang with us and chat, laugh pass around a beer lmao, lets get u gms in on our fun.

also the duke has got to shut up, can we have the option of blk listting the duke pls?
  • /eren - Dreamweaver8
    /eren - Dreamweaver8 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Comments in red bwahaha lol.

I'm one of those poor non cash players actually and having reread that, you make more sense. I remember when gold was only 500k ea. Those days were about as balanced as they got.

I'd also like to point out the games economy is driven by pack sales. Usually the sales are at X% off...I don't recall ever seeing the packs standard price so how can you have a sale of it..

ok ok the weapons can stay all class just fix APS. Archers can get into instances better if people didnt rely on aps for everything.

so basic points for me as is the general theme of this forum thread. nerf stealth somehow nerf aps somehow. I want the mages and archers to rise from the aps ashes and balance this once glorious game again. or you can call me a carebear and watch the game collapse on itself like a certain not to be mentioned java based MMO...buying all rune ess! :3

fix those dang catas targeting my summons!
  • FataIity_ - Archosaur
    FataIity_ - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    give a ocean orbs sale :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lympar
    edited September 2011
    i understand i hatted that also at lower levels but hey some people have probs killing players their own level i have a guild on my server and its pkk we go in after the guys that kill lower lvls in sp i hate seeing people who try to progress in a brokenworld and get killed because of it.

I'm sorry but that sounded a bit weird.
    So when a high level player can't kill someone in his own level, just say 'sqwew it' and go killing someone who is weaker than him?
    Is that better?
  • gseyes1
    gseyes1 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    D:< I really wish that Pwi would stop taking things away from the game because people QQ,

Tell them Tough titties and think about the rest of us who actually need said ****ing items. or what.... does that not make sense?

This Game isn't about just ONE person, it's about a **** load of them. And so A few might QQ that they had to PAY ACTUAL money for something, so what, that's their own choice. The game is changing and if people are gon'a QQ about every change Pw will never get anywhere.

Oh.
    Ps: Get rid of that Ugly freaking Motorcycle, and new Male Millennium fash, they are both fugly and do not fit into the concept on PW. Js.

-total nerd-rage right here peeps -

Totally agree ! when there is something they don't want to change they say that it's chinese mythology and hence cannot be changed. Didn't know they had freaking motobikes in chinese mythology !
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you could make just one gameplay change to PWI, what would it be?

true forms for venos and barbs
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • Busaneck - Archosaur
    Busaneck - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hmm lets see what would i like changed/added hmm well there is little to the changing part though i have seen other ideas that were nice like the 150 cap but then i think about a lvl 150 sin/ any mage class and my poor bm XD but in all honesty i would like to see it r9 for earthguard would be nice i have little to complain about.

YES! please omg bring rank 9 for seekers and shut off the blessing.Then delete the blessing mine is glitched i cant even get them any more but with that blessing gone and seekers rank 9 seekers will shine brighter then ever there would not be a sin within 12 meters of a seeker for fear of the seeker knocking them out of stealth with edged blur and 1 shotting them muahaha they would try to hit me with there rank 9 +12 daggers but i would brush them off like nothing with my 130 deff lvl and then id love the sweet sound of all the QQs around the world of lil sins putting up there daggers and asking me to help them lvl there new seeker and me laughing muahahaha as i vortex ironguard and P.K aout 10 sins that are trying to get out of vortex but my demon vortex just keeps stunning them destroying what was left of there dignity.
    Oh yes how id love rank 9 for seekers to come out thx P.W.I.
  • Shazaama - Harshlands
    Shazaama - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    aryalaris wrote: »
    i Think That What The Game Really Needs Is Really Good Gear That Can Only Be Farmed Through A Lot Of Work. Something That Does Not Come From Packs, Cannot Be Bought Like R9 And It's Not Enough To Have A Pocket Full Of Money And Power Levelled Character To Get. Because Right Now People That Really Count Are The Ones With A Lot Of Money To Spend On The Game. I Wish There Was Just One Thing That Cannot Simply Be Bought.

Amen To That
  • Rich_Rahl - Dreamweaver
    Rich_Rahl - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Someone tell this noob what is "APS"
    Seeker of Truth FTW
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    if i had to suggest a major change to pwi, id ask to add more instances and events, like how cube of fate is a bunch of "minigames" if u will. why not have a similar instance, but u choose the game, the difficulty and time frame and get charged accordingly? and depending on what ur choices are determines the prize u get? i admit its not like fate in the sence that u have to get to the end but with new faction contrib. system and such maybe cont. could be a consloation. dyes, tokens, chips, smilie packs and mirages for prizes and iron hammers, mounts, wings, charms, and extasy cards as major prizes. come on pwi, make us a good instance to unwind! also >.> pls no pk in said instance :3

In keeping with the theme... it would be nice for Factions to have something similar in their own faction base where one talks to an NPC and the party grouped together fights off mobs that spawn in the faction base till they get to the boss and save the base. The level of the mobs and boss would be relevant to the group leader and could not be soloed. After factions spend so much time and resources to get a faction base it would make sense to make more use out of the instance area.

One idea for a replacement to SP for an open PVP area would be the layout of a faction base as there is lots of space to spread out.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    O.o from all pages i just see PvE server ppls complain abt sins and how they let ppls PvP in SP etc, really are PvE server i see... complete carebears b:sweat

And all PvPers wants more PvE endgame content....

I wonder why nobody gives a damn about pvp...
    I can also say that R9 was the stupidest thing that ever got out, i was used to mages and barbs 1shotting me with their wtf skills, now ALL classes oneshots me with any sort of wtf skill o.O there is no fun PvP anymore, just first to hit. I want the PvP to be challenging like it used to be, where you could have fights lasting 10-15mins instead of half a sec.

Wait, you answered that yourself b:laugh

Everyone 1 shots everyone, so who cares. The number off friends that actually loved pk or tw all left pk mode and tw factions cause now they don't see the fun of it. Carebears? Probably. But better then acting pro for being on a pvp server when there is no skill to pk anyway.
  • Mylaa - Dreamweaver
    Mylaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kurosake wrote: »

Give the older classes some more usefullness.. Espescially venomancers, we shouldn't just be an 'extra' in squads that is last to be picked. b:surrender - On the topic of Venomancers - Pet EXP Stones pls.

That is all. :)

Yeah, I feel like the nerdy kid in Gym Class finding a squad for almost anything as a veno.
  • Greandal - Dreamweaver
    Greandal - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hi all, just wanted to say something about gold prices and the price of items on your server. I have seen several people in this thread, and in many others, suggest a "cap" for gold prices.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret b:quiet

Gold and other high end items on your server, and mine as well, Sells for ridiculous amounts of money because.....

Wait for it....

People PAY ridiculous amounts of money for it.

the bottom line is, like it or not, we, the community on the server, set the prices for the things we buy.

there are a few exceptions to this like TT gold and such that PWI has set a "Maximum" price for some items. i.e. cost in coins + cost in Mysterious chips = mat price. That is not to say those items are "Worth" that much money, that is again decided by the community.

I know don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up, but, just a thought, take some personal responsibility if you think it needs changed

This means if gold is above your "Cap" you don't buy it. period no matter what but the thing is the stuff in the boutique just calls your names and you "must" buy gold at that price. even though it's "way higher than it should be".

Only WE can change the economy... no quick fixes from the top sorry!
  • Ichibankai - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    lympar wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that sounded a bit weird.
    So when a high level player can't kill someone in his own level, just say 'sqwew it' and go killing someone who is weaker than him?
    Is that better?

i am just making a point that the one killing you is lame XD and one day you will rise to his lvl and get back at them. i just feel bad for all teh low lvls that get destroyed by higher lvls that cant find better things to do with their time.
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Someone tell this noob what is "APS"

Attacks per second
  • Rich_Rahl - Dreamweaver
    Rich_Rahl - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Attacks per second

thanks, only been playing a month not caught up on the terms yet, lol
    Seeker of Truth FTW
  • FataIity_ - Archosaur
    FataIity_ - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    start the servers already b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Okboredsopostinghere.

bye.-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • noobynoobydoo
    noobynoobydoo Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    start the servers already b:angry

maybe they broke em again b:laugh
  • lympar
    edited September 2011
    i am just making a point that the one killing you is lame XD and one day you will rise to his lvl and get back at them. i just feel bad for all teh low lvls that get destroyed by higher lvls that cant find better things to do with their time.

Oh. I was just asking.

I still think the PvP block is a good idea. It will prevent people like him from being jerks
    When I beckome high level I will not get back at him. I don't want to play the game that way.
  • Ichibankai - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    YES! please omg bring rank 9 for seekers and shut off the blessing.Then delete the blessing mine is glitched i cant even get them any more but with that blessing gone and seekers rank 9 seekers will shine brighter then ever there would not be a sin within 12 meters of a seeker for fear of the seeker knocking them out of stealth with edged blur and 1 shotting them muahaha they would try to hit me with there rank 9 +12 daggers but i would brush them off like nothing with my 130 deff lvl and then id love the sweet sound of all the QQs around the world of lil sins putting up there daggers and asking me to help them lvl there new seeker and me laughing muahahaha as i vortex ironguard and P.K aout 10 sins that are trying to get out of vortex but my demon vortex just keeps stunning them destroying what was left of there dignity.

i am pkk anyways so i mainly pve hence my seeker is SAGE for one 2 i only pvp when i have to or some one my lvl is picking on lower lvls in my guild so there in i dont abuse power... i use my bms aps for frost runs for faction see there is a good and bad side to everythign you jsut got to look at it perspectivly though demon vortex sounds fun XD
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nurf new classes or buff up the old classes.
    Oh and when someone drops their gear in PK..let the winner in the gankfight( or squad member if group pvp) be the only one who can pick drops. It sucks when your loot gets stolen by some 2x alt who then goes: lawl noob ty for the deicides
  • lalhima
    lalhima Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !! Busaneck is a fail !!
  • MierinSedai - Dreamweaver
    MierinSedai - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    hi all, just wanted to say something about gold prices and the price of items on your server. I have seen several people in this thread, and in many others, suggest a "cap" for gold prices.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret b:quiet

Gold and other high end items on your server, and mine as well, Sells for ridiculous amounts of money because.....

Wait for it....

People PAY ridiculous amounts of money for it.

the bottom line is, like it or not, we, the community on the server, set the prices for the things we buy.

there are a few exceptions to this like TT gold and such that PWI has set a "Maximum" price for some items. i.e. cost in coins + cost in Mysterious chips = mat price. That is not to say those items are "Worth" that much money, that is again decided by the community.

I know don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up, but, just a thought, take some personal responsibility if you think it needs changed

This means if gold is above your "Cap" you don't buy it. period no matter what but the thing is the stuff in the boutique just calls your names and you "must" buy gold at that price. even though it's "way higher than it should be".

Only WE can change the economy... no quick fixes from the top sorry!

Quoted for truth b:victory truer words were seldom spoken