Change the rules for INI edits

Comments

• Tagi - Dreamweaver
    Tagi - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If this were made allowable I'd try and see if I can somehow edit True Form so it's a wolf. I don't like how I'm a wolfman that turns into a white tiger :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aclucius318
    aclucius318 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If this were made allowable I'd try and see if I can somehow edit True Form so it's a wolf. I don't like how I'm a wolfman that turns into a white tiger :(

Changing the .ini files for better character customization and changing one of the skills is two different things entirely. I'm certain you would get banned for that without any chance to appeal, so please don't do it, for your own sake! These are two very different things and you would most likely find yourself on the painful end of a prison shower scene, and Frankie would be the Bogs Diamond to your Andy Dufresne.

"True forms" is something completely different that has been pushed for years. I'm sure you can find a thread on it within the last month in the suggestion forums, and if its older than 1 month since the last post, make a new one.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey hey, no need to insult. You got a point on the fact but let's keep this nice please. Don't want this thread closed for flaming ^.~

And there's a thing I noticed on Sanc: Most of the people with edits are either venos, female archers or female clerics. What's up with that xD You do see the occasional tideborn with earthguard eyes or weird skin colours that surely aren't legit but.. oO; Strangeness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey hey, no need to insult. You got a point on the fact but let's keep this nice please. Don't want this thread closed for flaming ^.~

And there's a thing I noticed on Sanc: Most of the people with edits are either venos, female archers or female clerics. What's up with that xD You do see the occasional tideborn with earthguard eyes or weird skin colours that surely aren't legit but.. oO; Strangeness.

Those three classes form the trifecta of best looking females classes, and thus people of course love their characters looks and are willing to spend more time on them.

The trifecta of best looking male classes would probably be Seeker, Mystic, and Archer by the way. Although I bet most of the ini edits on male characters are for the opposite reason, it's so hard to make a good looking male sin without playing around with it a little bit so to speak.

Everyone else in the game just roll male sins named Assassin, or /\ss/\ssin, or A$$A$$in or even /\$$/\%%i/\/ sometimes they even get really creative and make the preset male assassin with the name darkassassin, or shadowassassin, or silentassassin. b:chuckle

LOL im just kiddingb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • aclucius318
    aclucius318 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Hence why I put the semi-disclaimer of "I hate to sound like a ****..." It's not meant as an insult as much as just an eye opener used with force. I do understand perfectly well what you mean though and I will revise it.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Thankies :)

Venus... Tbh I've seen some really really epic and unique characters that went without any edits lol Just look at the past beauty contests P:
    But brr, most of the old hair textures are just ugly. And tideborn eyes are... b:shocked

And boo, no love for male bms xD While I agree that most bms, doesn't even matter if female or male, just look weird... What's not to like about a well fashioned kickass soldier swinging those big axes? b:chuckle

Reminds me of foxy_lady, kitsune_mai, Foxy_Maiko, Neko_Nami.... Venos got the same issues xD Like 80% of them got an animal in their name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey guys look at this animation made by PWE showing Tideborn hair on an archer lol.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/gameinfo/class/archer

Talk about hypocritical lol. PWE uses Tideborn hair on the original classes to help advertise the game and then forbids players from doing the same thing.

-bm hair is EG(? not sure on that one)
    -Venomancer hair is tideborn
    -Wizard hair is tideborn
    -cleric hair is tideborn(? not sure either, think it's the short bob-cut)

So yeh... from old races only the barb is legit b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    So yeh... from old races only the barb is legit b:surrender

...They should have totally used that chibi barb preset.b:chuckle
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Lol! Yep Kritty xD

And the bm hair is tb hair too hun b:chuckle So smart, web team, so smart xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    ...They should have totally used that chibi barb preset.b:chuckle

Don't forget giving it a mohawk too P:
    Lol! Yep Kritty xD

And the bm hair is tb hair too hun b:chuckle So smart, web team, so smart xD

ah oke xD I wasn't sure P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rayenia - Raging Tide
    Rayenia - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    -bm hair is EG(? not sure on that one)
    -Venomancer hair is tideborn
    -Wizard hair is tideborn
    -cleric hair is tideborn(? not sure either, think it's the short bob-cut)

So yeh... from old races only the barb is legit b:surrender[/COLOR]

All of them have the original Hairstyle for their Race. So Ican't see any changed .ini Files
    on the Screenshots
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Not talking bout the screenshots. But the animations at the top of the page. The spinning character models.

And oO Tamable trees. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey guys look at this animation made by PWE showing Tideborn hair on an archer lol.

No.

Those models are from when 2012 was being announced and seekers/mystics being shown for the first time (I think) on the chinese site. Every class had a model you could spin via flash (unlike this one which simply moves on it's own).
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    No.

Those models are from when 2012 was being announced and seekers/mystics being shown for the first time (I think) on the chinese site. Every class had a model you could spin via flash (unlike this one which simply moves on it's own).

You got a point there but they're still using it as advertisement.
    That's like like leaving some weed lying around on the counter but saying it's illegal to have or use.
    Sorry, first example I could think of. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *bumps cause people made spam in this section* b:quiet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chevko - Harshlands
    Chevko - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Honestly, I didn't know that character bodies could be made to be pixel thin or gigantically huge until users were posting examples. But things like changing hair, eyes, getting that one precise shade of blue for your hair... I really don't see how such a thing is game-breaking. If anything, the devs should honestly put a hard-coded limit on how skinny a model can be. If it's less than so many pixels, then there is a denial similar to when a chosen name is already in the database. It's possible to code and would probably be server-side coded instead of client-side, in addition to a pain in the butt to get coded. But if they don't make it so that it's impossible to do, then users will always be modifying their characters illegally to get that precise shade for their hair or eyes and it'll be something that will always be ignored. Especially those newbies that don't know it's against the rules since the files are so, so, so easily accessed.
    Harshlands:
    Chevko - 31 Seeker

Heaven's Tear:
    CactiHeart - 30 Veno | Chevko - 23 BM (Sword build) | 4 others
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Especially those newbies that don't know it's against the rules since the files are so, so, so easily accessed.

Imo it's even worse now. It's allowed on the EU servers. But not here.
    So if I was coming from the EU ones for a reason, I'd guess it's perfectly fine here too ._.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tagi_ - Dreamweaver
    Tagi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Changing the .ini files for better character customization and changing one of the skills is two different things entirely. I'm certain you would get banned for that without any chance to appeal, so please don't do it, for your own sake! These are two very different things and you would most likely find yourself on the painful end of a prison shower scene, and Frankie would be the Bogs Diamond to your Andy Dufresne.

"True forms" is something completely different that has been pushed for years. I'm sure you can find a thread on it within the last month in the suggestion forums, and if its older than 1 month since the last post, make a new one.

I'm completely aware of this and at no point was I serious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol i only play my barb and i want cool long hair and i dont want to get banned spended to much money on r9 sht for that wtf when will gm let us few barb player have hair at least let us play with the old tipe of hair how game breaking is that.

i would think r9 does more damage then hairb:bye
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I still want my hohawk barb. lol

*bumps*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Chevko - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    I still want my hohawk barb. lol

Bright green mohawk ftw ♥
    Harshlands:
    Chevko - 31 Seeker

Heaven's Tear:
  • Chevko - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    Actually... I have a question since so many people were commenting on Tideborn hair or something...

I have a Mystic that got the level 27 Makeover Scroll and when I used it, she had Tideborn hair available in the Hair section. Wouldn't that be considered hair model hacking since it's a racial hairstyle in initial chargen?
    Harshlands:
    Chevko - 31 Seeker

Heaven's Tear:
  • ImStalkingU - Lost City
    ImStalkingU - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I support this, or, at least make the hair styles more universal. I do not believe that INI modifications hurt anything, although there will be alot of low levels running around with no head for awhile, I doubt that trend will continue if they are actually serious players. The new class hair styles have better textures and styles since the original release. I see why you would release them as class specific at first to balance out the races but now it just hurts the old classes. Why play a BM when you can play a seeker with much more detailed facial features and hair?
    edited September 2011
    Actually... I have a question since so many people were commenting on Tideborn hair or something...

I have a Mystic that got the level 27 Makeover Scroll and when I used it, she had Tideborn hair available in the Hair section. Wouldn't that be considered hair model hacking since it's a racial hairstyle in initial chargen?

o.o Do you have a screenie of this..? :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Hmm I can think of a way this works but... that means you either manually moved files in pwi folder or some patch went bonkers oO;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chevko - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    o.o Do you have a screenie of this..? :o
    I'll go in-game now and take a look and a screenie if so, but I'm pretty certain that when I got the 27 scroll, several of the hairstyles had the Tideborn claws in them.

Hmm I can think of a way this works but... that means you either manually moved files in pwi folder or some patch went bonkers oO;

Maybe, I could be misremembering, but they seemed damn well Tideborn to me considering some of their NPCs had deep-sea-dwelling critter or crab claws on them.

Edit: Bah. I didn't get one of those hairstyles on my Seeker... I went with the piled braids instead, tweaked one of the presets. Well, when my Mystic hits 27, then I'll take screenies.
    Harshlands:
    Chevko - 31 Seeker

Heaven's Tear:
    edited September 2011
    Well some of the EG hairstyles get those shells and stuff too in the hair xD I personally have one of those hairstyles.
    But curious to see the screenies P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    *bumps*

Let us do it D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a heavy armor kitty veno I desperately want to change the hair and eyes for. D=
    It looks so good and I can't do it. So she remains at a low lvl cause I don't want to play her looking the way she does now.
    edited September 2011
    *bump*

c'mon .-. srsly... *not letting this thread die*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.