Change the rules for INI edits

Comments

• Emeryl - Lost City
    Emeryl - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sorry for don't read the entire post, I will do It latter when I'm bored at my work lol.

The rules for ini. edit are ridiculus, no harm can be made in the game if you play with the numbers inside of that file, also and most important, this is no client modification since the file are inside of my computer instead of inside of the server, say that I can't change the .ini is the same than say that I can't rename my PW folder. It's PW fault for let the .ini file inside of our computers instead of their servers.

Customization is what makes PW stand different of all the other MMO's that we have around here, so let us change the .ini file.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So this means the general disinterest that the authority here has shown to this movement is all just them disregarding all reason and logic ^-^

Yep. Pretty much.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Customization is what makes PW stand different of all the other MMO's that we have around here, so let us change the .ini file.

Probably to make pwi different from all other pw, they put in the ini rules. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So this means the general disinterest that the authority here has shown to this movement is all just them disregarding all reason and logic ^-^

That makes me sad.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    That makes me sad.

Meh, they do it all the time lol
  • Talora - Dreamweaver
    Talora - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sin with a Mustache!!~

*Cough*
    edited August 2011
    Sin with a Mustache!!~

*Cough*

That looks kind of funny lol
  • Talora - Dreamweaver
    Talora - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    That looks kind of funny lol

I know. I was curious what it would look like when people were talking about it earlier, so I had to look it up. It amuses me greatly.
  • missmiseri
    missmiseri Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    My veno spent 70 million coins (well ok, some cash too) on a nix that glitches on every bump in the landscape. I always fight from the air. I don't fight gouf because I know he doesn't fight back against air pets. But, since the nix always takes damage I don't think fighting from the air is wrong? If someone wants to follow me around taking videos, fine by me, but you would get pretty bored I am afraid.

Learn to control your Phoenix. Jump up and hit the pet follow command. Even bees get stuck on the landscape.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    bump =o

OMG we finally got to page 50. Aren't we special? ;D
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Start of thread: 04-18-2011
    Current day: 9-10-2011

In 8 days this thread already excists 5 months...

1 GM reply.

~____~ Allow it already! D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There a similar thread on different forum, 3 year old demand. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    This is the only thread I look at now in the suggestion thread. It's getting to the point where every time I see a "new race idea" I want to throw something at the person who posted it.
    So they should just accept this, so i can stop looking at this horrible part of the forums already.
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Maybe I'm stupid.. but nope, I don't get your post xD
    Someone explain? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Yeh I'm having trouble understanding too...
    I gues in less big words it comes down to..
    devs/gm's don't show interest in this, which means they disregard logic P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    It's uh, really not that complicated.

My point was just that there is no good reason to keep the INI edit rules as they are, the fact that the GMs ignore us here is just them ignoring logic and reasoning.

is that simple enough?
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Ah gotcha now :3

And hmpf... at least the GMs on the european servers took the right way. Guess it's sort of a pioneer thingie: We're the oldtimers, Gms dont think about changing rules.
    But they're pioneers with other admins, so they figured they might as well breach with the stupid old rules...

WTB Logic for the international servers? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Europe > America anyway about certain stuff ~__~
    headquarters of european pwi were in Amsterdam if I'm right. This is The Netherlands we're talking about. Drugs are legal, censorship is unexistant... I'm not surprised their gm's allow ini edits .-.

EDIT: Just listening to a song.. and this sounds like pwe =_="
    "the goverment says: You're not allowed to smoke weed, but we allow it"
    Sounds familiar..?<yes I'm comparing the Dutch view on drugs with pw's view on .ini edits>
    "You're not allowed to edit the .ini files. But we allow it. (For this person. We ban the other one and warn the other person)"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    was bored so i threw this together. this is just a few of the many many people on my server who have ini edited characters.

inippl.jpg
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    was bored so i threw this together. this is just a few of the many many people on my server who have ini edited characters.

inippl.jpg

I like the red colored hair, it's a pretty red. I'm honestly not sure how a color should be bannable. It's just a color. The colors we got now are a lot more distracting than just a red or pitch black.
  • SweetPaulina - Raging Tide
    SweetPaulina - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I agree 100% vote for YES! I want sparkle eyes and on my veno I want side ponytail from mystic character hair. No harm done!
    I dont understand the reason they dont approve this. It will be so cool. I dont want to risk BAN so I just hope they will go along with this.

And a msg for GM:

Hey, you will sell then tons of make-up scrolls :P
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Oh ya... the fat cleric on sanc, I know her lol
    Dunno, not my kind of style.. but it's certainly unique in a way P: And kinda cute even.
    And seriously... who gets hurt by it? lol

And yep, I agree on the red hair thing. I know someone with dark red hair, almost like dried blood ... looks so epic on her b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Bump for smexy hair and eyes on older classes >:O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I don't do it and won't on any of my chars, but it doesn't do anything that is game breaking so might as well allow it.

And hell 99.95% of everyone does it anyway. What you guys gonna do? Ban all of PWI?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2011

inippl.jpg
    That cleric with the light pink EG hair is freaking beautiful *.*

Every time I see this thread it brightens my day a bit =) I've also been seeing more and more people in game that seem to be braving up and using colors that are rather unusual. >w< Keep bumping!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    That cleric with the light pink EG hair is freaking beautiful *.*

Every time I see this thread it brightens my day a bit =) I've also been seeing more and more people in game that seem to be braving up and using colors that are rather unusual. >w< Keep bumping!

I agree.

Also, I tend to like the TB and EG when they don't use natural skin colors. They aren't supposed to look human. I like it when they try blue, purple, green, or pink skins. It's just so much better looking on them.

My Wizard actually is really white with green hair and purple make-up just cause I got sick of every human with the same hair colors or skin. Don't just pick the default people. x.x
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm actually curious to know, has anyone actually been banned for this in the past month or few? Basically I just want to know if anyone has been banned since we got KrittyCat on our side, and the GM on the euro server pretty much okay'ed it. Cuz lately, t seems mroe like it's a sort of "unspoken rule change" and Frankie just wont' come out and openly change it for whatever reason(Not allowed to, pride, the fact that he would be eating his words)
    edited August 2011
    I don't think it is quite to the point of being an unspoken rule change, but it certainly has become more of a joke to try to enforce it with legal bobble head kittys, and EG eyes, omg how many ppl at the pwic were INI edited in front of the GMs. I guess maybe even they feel more ridiculous trying to enforce it, but I do know of a mohawked barb who got banned for it a few months back.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    They haven't been banning for much of anything right now. I think they have basically gone to ignoring this game altogether. I reported an archer for pking people who would teleport into room 1 of the cube. Then the archer would continually kill the person every time they respawned into the cube after they died. The archer is still running around, not banned.

I don't mind them being slack on the ini edits, but the other rules like that do need to be enforced. If they just keep letting people go and giving them a warning only because they are cash shoppers, this game is going to keep falling down the hole its already in. If they aren't going to ban people for the ini edits, I'm tempted to go ahead and just do it. You can't give some people a little warning, and others banned for the exact same thing.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I agree.

Also, I tend to like the TB and EG when they don't use natural skin colors. They aren't supposed to look human. I like it when they try blue, purple, green, or pink skins. It's just so much better looking on them.

My Wizard actually is really white with green hair and purple make-up just cause I got sick of every human with the same hair colors or skin. Don't just pick the default people. x.x

My chars skin color matches my natural skin color.

It was actually funny how many times I had to change it, when I realized I'm not exactly african american. More like 50% Indian.
This discussion has been closed.