Change the rules for INI edits

Comments

• CactiHeart - Heavens Tear
    CactiHeart - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *Chews on thread.* It is rather tasty while still somewhat living!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Anyone else noticed... earthguard eyes on other classes always look like nearly crying in the character window? lol I love the shininess of them but it's a fact xD

Oh oh and I saw someone who had made a lion barb with the same weird proportions as the tigers: Huge head and human sized body xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm going to end up doing it anyway soon. I just don't want a surprise account ban if the GMs actually decide to enforce the rule.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Can't say I've heard of someone getting permabanned over it o.o
    Actually I didn't see anyone I know or met around who was asked to change his looks lol
    Maybe that means I dunno the right people, maybe GMs just don't give a damn. *shrugs*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Probably the latter.

Like with multiclienting, FC glitch, etc. They're all legal as long as nobody reports you. b:sweat
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Probably the latter.

Like with multiclienting, FC glitch, etc. They're all legal as long as nobody reports you. b:sweat

that reminds me of what my english teacher always said XD
    "you are allowed to cheat on your test, as long as I don't see it"
    P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    -sigh-
    Good thing college is taking up most of my time. Otherwise I'd glare at the forums all day.
    edited October 2011
    bumping this. >.>

and college is taking up loads of time indeed ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    *runs past and bumps into Hazu* xD

It's funny, you keep seeing more and more edits lately xD Especially pure red haired archers seem very popular :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Bump. Anyone else notice a huge amount of negativity on the forums lately? Everyone is just yelling at each other even when someone just asks a simple question. It's getting ridiculous. This is like the only thread now with a controversial topic that doesn't have people screaming at each other.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Bump. Anyone else notice a huge amount of negativity on the forums lately? Everyone is just yelling at each other even when someone just asks a simple question. It's getting ridiculous. This is like the only thread now with a controversial topic that doesn't have people screaming at each other.

b:angry LOUD NOISES b:angryb:angry

b:laughb:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited October 2011
    bumping this. >.>

and college is taking up loads of time indeed ._.

I would agree... if I were in school right now. Alas, I can't apply for the class I want until spring, because I just missed the cut-off for registration. b:sad
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2011

It's why I usually hang around Fanatics, off topic and screenies, where all of the nice people are these days.
    Me no likey mean stuffs
    b:surrender
    (all for INI Edits! I love the shiny EG eyes, do want!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Right Now I'm having issues with my roommates and its getting out of hand. College is no fun at all. ._.

I might start just hanging around the fanatics forum too. General Discussion is just everyone wants to kick each others ***. I used to spend a lot of time in suggestions but lately the suggestions have gotten stupid and everyone just yells at each other.

-sigh-

Btw. INI Edits need to be legal. =D
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2011
    I saw a sexy female sin with earthguard eyes :3 Soooo much prettier than the tideborn eyes.

Allow it already D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    No way this thread still alive O.O
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    As the current rules stand, harmless INI edits are not handled justly. Some people are banned for benign modifications, while others are left alone after repeatedly being reported. GMs themselves can use advanced modifications. There is obviously no harm in the modifications we want to be able to do, and thus no necessity for this unjust, unequal, and inconsistent enforcement that is in practice today.

If, hypothetically, the GMs were to start equally banning every player who used an INI edit on their game characters, then quite a large percentage of the game's population(paying customers) would be banned. The current rules against INI edits are simply inappropriate, outdated,and unenforceable.

Other versions of this game have allowed INI edits; and as far as we know, which in this subject is pretty far, there is no reason why the moderate edits listed shouldn't be allowed here.

1. We want to be able to put any race's hairstyles and facial hair, such as that of EG's and TB's, onto any other classes/races.

2. We want to be able to modify our eye textures.

3. We want to be able to freely modify our skin, eye, eyebrow, hair, facial hair, lip, and eye makeup colors using any dimensions of the colors given on the full spectrum.

4. In accordance with the common idea, body size INI edits would not be allowed as they have the potential to be abusive.

So, I can make a Veno with a Tideborn hair, or a Barb with hair? From what I understood from the post above, I can't make changes that makes fuss with the game, like extra fat or extra slim chars, but a hair change won't will affect the gameplay of anyone.
    edited October 2011
    So, I can make a Veno with a Tideborn hair, or a Barb with hair? From what I understood from the post above, I can't make changes that makes fuss with the game, like extra fat or extra slim chars, but a hair change won't will affect the gameplay of anyone.

No, you can't it's bannable on the American servers such as Dreamweaver. That's why this is a petition. Petitions call for some kind of change. If you'd like to see the rule changed to allow non harmful edits such as TB hair on other classes then just bump this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited October 2011
    04-18-201 ~ 10-17-2011 and still running.
    I mean c'mon. Tomorrow it's been half a year... ._." give us allowed .ini edits as a prezzie D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited October 2011
    No way this thread still alive O.O

It would appear so.b:chuckle
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    No, you can't it's bannable on the American servers such as Dreamweaver. That's why this is a petition. Petitions call for some kind of change. If you'd like to see the rule changed to allow non harmful edits such as TB hair on other classes then just bump this thread.

Yea, but when I see even the mods makeing fun I feel like a idiot to keeping posting there.
    edited October 2011
    Yea, but when I see even the mods makeing fun I feel like a idiot to keeping posting there.

The mods are just players like you and me, just post here or on the forums in general as much as you want. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    The mods are just players like you and me, just post here or on the forums in general as much as you want. ^^

Sorry I thought that they are employees.
  • krittycat
    edited October 2011
    Sorry I thought that they are employees.

Nope. We volunteer here to keep the forums as friendly as possible for new posters. Just don't mind the trolls in General Discussion.b:shocked
  • Skull_Howl - Lost City
    Skull_Howl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My question is: What are the current rules on INI editing?b:surrender
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    My question is: What are the current rules on INI editing?b:surrender

Currently not allowed at all. supposedly. But I have not seen anyone banned for it in a long time, and even before it became as common as it is today, it was unequally enforced.

Yet for some reason, it is allowed on the European servers .-. ._.
  • Skull_Howl - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    How I see it, the GMs, and a few game players, bring up the ToS. I've read and understand their points of view. Even so, I do not agree with them for one purpose: There is no true harm. People can mention the ToS all they want, including GMs, but can they give me a true example of someone being downright disturbed in game play by a few .ini edit? If so, how many can you provide? Before you even mention any of those numbers, consider them in ratio to the number of people that really don't care and, more importantly, to the size of this game's community. By that point, you've realized just how pointless the ToS argument is. You use your power and say, "I am a GM, this is in the ToS, so my word (or this word) is final." So far, that hasn't gotten anyone anywhere. Some will even come to say, "Don't like it? Deal with it." or even "If you don't want to get in trouble, don't do it." maybe even "It's a game, it isn't that serious." If you are thinking that and/or anything related, you are fairly simple minded. I, as a partial gamer, really couldn't care less about some of the things I here but the argument AGAINST this particular subject is pretty absurd. For everyone that manually edits the .ini files, it is enhancing their game play one way and/or another. Most the people that even argue in favor of this subject are not only loyal (even if only somewhat) players to this game but are customers as well. If anyone would like to bring up the ToS again, think of the recent allowances and pardons that have been granted that exploited and/or provided unfair advantages. Some of the things that go unnoticed, allowed or pardoned in this game now exploit, provide unfair advantages, etc. to players that use them that others are either unaware of or don't have access to. Yes, editing .ini files may exploit a very minor aspect in the production of this game but what harm does it do? What unfair advantage does it provide? In the end, long term and short term, as long as it is managed properly, it has no harm. Yes, outrages edits and such should not be allowed. With that, I do agree, but anything beyond that only enhances game experience and, a lot of times, attracts new players for a lot of players would love to be able to OPENLY edit their looks and not have to worry about being banned or having action taken against them. You can say, "Not everyone is aware of or knows how to do this type of editing." Simple response: Ask someone to teach you or look it up. THAT part is truly that simple. To finalize this argument, my question is: GMs, staff of PWE and players of PWE games, what negativity does manually editing the .ini files bring to the PWE community, AS A WHOLE? If there is any, is it even worth wasting time, patience and energy over?
  • Skull_Howl - Lost City
    edited October 2011
    Currently not allowed at all. supposedly. But I have not seen anyone banned for it in a long time, and even before it became as common as it is today, it was unequally enforced.

Yet for some reason, it is allowed on the European servers .-. ._.

That says a lot. I wonder how much of the PWE community knows about such a thing.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    How I see it, the GMs, and a few game players, bring up the ToS. I've read and understand their points of view. Even so, I do not agree with them for one purpose: There is no true harm. People can mention the ToS all they want, including GMs, but can they give me a true example of someone being downright disturbed in game play by a few .ini edit? If so, how many can you provide? Before you even mention any of those numbers, consider them in ratio to the number of people that really don't care and, more importantly, to the size of this game's community. By that point, you've realized just how pointless the ToS argument is. You use your power and say, "I am a GM, this is in the ToS, so my word (or this word) is final." So far, that hasn't gotten anyone anywhere. Some will even come to say, "Don't like it? Deal with it." or even "If you don't want to get in trouble, don't do it." maybe even "It's a game, it isn't that serious." If you are thinking that and/or anything related, you are fairly simple minded. I, as a partial gamer, really couldn't care less about some of the things I here but the argument AGAINST this particular subject is pretty absurd. For everyone that manually edits the .ini files, it is enhancing their game play one way and/or another. Most the people that even argue in favor of this subject are not only loyal (even if only somewhat) players to this game but are customers as well. If anyone would like to bring up the ToS again, think of the recent allowances and pardons that have been granted that exploited and/or provided unfair advantages. Some of the things that go unnoticed, allowed or pardoned in this game now exploit, provide unfair advantages, etc. to players that use them that others are either unaware of or don't have access to. Yes, editing .ini files may exploit a very minor aspect in the production of this game but what harm does it do? What unfair advantage does it provide? In the end, long term and short term, as long as it is managed properly, it has no harm. Yes, outrages edits and such should not be allowed. With that, I do agree, but anything beyond that only enhances game experience and, a lot of times, attracts new players for a lot of players would love to be able to OPENLY edit their looks and not have to worry about being banned or having action taken against them. You can say, "Not everyone is aware of or knows how to do this type of editing." Simple response: Ask someone to teach you or look it up. THAT part is truly that simple. To finalize this argument, my question is: GMs, staff of PWE and players of PWE games, what negativity does manually editing the .ini files bring to the PWE community, AS A WHOLE? If there is any, is it even worth wasting time, patience and energy over?

Nice wall of text man. It hurt my eyes to read it. b:chuckle
    But yeah, what you said is basically what everyone coming in here is saying. As long as the edits are merely hair, eyes, and skin color...it shouldnt be a problem.

I think they are just scared that if they allowed it, then it means they would actually have to monitor the game otherwise people would start doing the "too skinny" characters or the ones extremely messed up proportionally (giant ****, tiny head, tiny waist and huge ***) and there would be a lot of complaints about how they mess up pvp, they are ugly, etc.

I'm all for changing hairstyles or update the old existing ones. Pwi just wont do it.
This discussion has been closed.