[Breaking News] Secret Passage Being Reverted

Options

Comments

• Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm very glad to see this change happening. Was missing hanging outside West Archosaur or Silver Pool to watch PK happening! Also glad that lower levels can happily go in and do their quests if they want to.

Now hopefully they'll make an instance in the right place...
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Now hopefully they'll make an instance in the right place...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1181611
    b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    they did it in a day with no warning so they can fix it in a day with no warning.
  • Jellonator - Raging Tide
    Jellonator - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Basically, our feedback means something as long as it doesn't contradict PWI's economic agenda. If you've read the feedback on the most recent +11/+12 D.Orb sale, you'll know a good 70-80% of the posts are negative. But who's stupid enough to remove D.Orbs when they're bringing in $$$ right? Of course, let's have 1* on sale first and then discount the +11/+12's further after a week. Ah... good old price differentiation. I'll at least give your business team credit for figuring out creative ways to optimally monetize your user base.
  • Puppetmaster - Dreamweaver
    Puppetmaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Eh, i dont care. I dont go into SP b:pleased
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i demand a new pvp arena ! b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • MasamuneXero - Sanctuary
    MasamuneXero - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Till now i did not kill lowers, as its not fun for them.

But with this QQ, no new instance. And still giving us 3-4 weeks? I think it will be a big aoe party on lvl 20-60 now! Whoohooo!b:dirty
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    annoyed? I'm amused. And don't think its so much me taking opportunities as it is you giving them when you are radiating that air of Im-better-than-you and writing posts that are 9/10ths just personal attacks. I'm inclined to react when I see that kind of thing. And once again, you look hypocritical.

EDIT: and reading more responses It's clear to me that many noobs are self centered. Do you think that I want our only 24 hour pvp instance in this game open so I can sit in SP and 1-2 shot you all? I couldn't care less about pking noobs. Quit being so pretentious.

It's not that I'm better than you, it's that you're wrong. When you feel that you have rights that others do not, when you feel that others don't matter, when you act as if everyone should bow to your wishes without regard for theirs, you're wrong.

Ready to stop QQing now? Is there any chance, any at all, that you can move on now and do something constructive?
  • WalyCube - Raging Tide
    WalyCube - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thanks! wasn't looking forward to having to avoid doing quests like Shade and such, just because I couldn't safely go into the instance.
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank you. I am still unable to fathom why anyone would think it was ok in the first place to force players who chose a PVE server into PVP everytime they enter SP... but then common sense isn't that common sometimes...
  • DustinAshe - Dreamweaver
    DustinAshe - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    WOOOT!!

That is awesome, thanks for that. now my kids can play in relative safety again.

with the exception of world chat cursing
    b:sad

Thanks again,

DA
  • Jaberwachy - Raging Tide
    Jaberwachy - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just another glitch day in PWI. Im so glad i dont do my Job this way i would never have one if i did lmao
    edited September 2011
    Options

Are you being serious right now? Please tell me you are not. I made no indication to state such arrogant remarks that lower levels are unimportant;

Oh? Okay then...
    If you think the entire PVE community is a bunch of 3x who can't complete their quests, they should all go play hello kitty with the rest. What does a 3x player have to lose besides 3 seconds of their time by clicking the go to town button. Honestly, it takes 10 minutes to get to level 30 in the first place
    Am I the one QQing? Or is it the lowbies who accumulated a 200 page thread about the most trivial content. ~10 mins.
    I was talking about there being no replacement of a PvP arena elsewhere, I don't care about blue names.
    You have to think why people even QQ about 15 minutes worth of content in the first place.
    Lol, we don't go out of our way to protect noobs either on Sanc it's just that they're not important when we are getting ganked by the enemies.

As to your final remarks:

You are a big hypocrite; telling others off yet demanding respect. Doesn't work that way princess, respect has to be earned. Don't misunderstand me, I have made my intentions clear; I'm not against them removing the forced PvP in SP; I'm against there being no replacement for 24/7 PvP alternative, as well as those arrogant enough to order people to re-roll servers.

I didn't ask for your respect. I don't care about your respect. I DO care that you have no respect for other players in the game. You've exhibited that by your comments, which I have so handily quoted above. By far MOST of the people supporting the removal of the PvP content in SP have also supported the creation of a playground for people who wish such. We have made our intentions clear as well.

And it is also quite arrogant for people like you to order others to PvP when they clearly do not want to. So, who is the hypocrite?
  • seaspray0
    seaspray0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Aw, no more pk fun with no chance of dropping gear.

Back to standing in arch all day for me. b:surrender

I hope you guys decide to put something like that some place else. I really enjoyed playing in SP. It was soooo much fun.

You are free to duel to your heart's content without fear of dropping gear (you guys were doing that anyway just ouside of orchid temple). I will soon be free to find squads again and do BH 29 without getting killed by pk'ers camping the secret passage. The game dev's gave you guys a treat and it was abused severly by picking on players who didn't stand a chance. I do hope you get your PK area, but the secret passage wasn't the right place.

To those who are still camping out there killing low level players... COWARDS! Why don't you come in there with a player my level and try that. Lets see how far you get. From the LOL I constantly got on my death, it's my turn. The SP is getting changed back to no PK, LOL. Guess who got the last laugh?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    whats so funny about secret passage is that everyone is thanking them for doing the wrong thing in the first place. Technically speak it was illegal in the first place
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Now they're hero's for fixing their own mistake? >.> most of you ppl are sheep, no doubt.

PWI/PWE SHOULD god forbid, actually read the suggestion section & put any changes to votes before implementing.

Most of the users here are young to experienced adults. ppl in that category are creatures of habit & don't like too much change all at once.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Montecor - Sanctuary
    Montecor - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank you very much for this decision!
    Our low lvl players will be very happy to have the possibility to fulfill their quests in SP again.
    On the other hand it would be a great idea to implement a new PK instance!

Having played on former rather unsupported MS-Server I love the support here !
  • mzd3003
    mzd3003 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

Due to the extremely negative feedback about the recent change to Secret Passage, the developers have agreed to revert it to its original state - the way that it was before the change.

From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the matter :)

Update: Just wanted to be up front with you all and set a realistic expectation-

The way that we get content from China is that, instead of giving us one new thing every week or two, they wait a few weeks and then give us a bigger patch with multiple things. Doing it this way makes it easier to test and ensures a more stable client for us.

For this reason, the reversion to Secret Passage will come to us as part of one of these "content-bundles". What this means is that we will not be receiving it next week, and probably not the following week either. The patch with the reversion should be in our version in 3-4 weeks, along with some other cool new content.

So yeah, I'm sorry it has to take this long, but just know that it's on its way, and will be here within the above time-frame.

Also, some of you have asked whether we will now start punishing players for PKing in SP. The answer is that PK will still be allowed in there until it is actually changed with the patch. Remember, the change was made intentionally, so it's not like people are exploiting a bug here.

Thanks all, and let me know if you have any further questions.
    I definitely agree that SP should go back to its normal state. For lower lvls it makes it hard when a lvl 90 or even 100 is killing someone the second they get in there. Low lvl locations should not have that option for pk. In fact that is what the PK button is for, it should not force one that is not in PK mode to automatically go into PK mode and die from it.
  • Marelia - Momaganon
    Marelia - Momaganon Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Some Idealist thought that players are reasonable beeings who would, to not endanger their newly won wonderfull PvP zone, leave those alone who dont want to PvP and just do their quests in there....
    That Idealist Developer just hit the Ground of Reality very very hard.b:laugh

Actually this is realy sad. XD

Make the Arena work QQ
  • seaspray0
    seaspray0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ...So, who is the hypocrite?

1. Well said, Hera_aether. <applause>

2. Dan is.
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was just starting to enjoy pwi's pvp please atleast open arena I like pking but don't want to be stuck in it for 10 freaking hour! God are the game makers just greedy **** holes?
    b:shocked
  • Xxx_Silitha - Heavens Tear
    Xxx_Silitha - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    thank you!!! b:flower b:heart
    edited September 2011
    Options
    everyone chose the non-pvp server for a reason so if it is turned into a pvp server not only is it unfair but a violation of the server contractionaly agreement. so if it becomes a pvp server i quit period and ive been on the server from day 1
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lmao! oh wait! i forgot! first someone has to give a S----
  • Nerlda - Dreamweaver
    Nerlda - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    woot how could i have missed this thread (= and great news , thanks frankie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so im thinking the new code for PWI is D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S.
  • Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
    Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Good for you, for careing. There are too many little men that like to PK low lvls to make themselves feel like big men! b:chuckle
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Update: Just wanted to be up front with you all and set a realistic expectation-

(snip detail of delay)

So yeah, I'm sorry it has to take this long, but just know that it's on its way, and will be here within the above time-frame.

Also, some of you have asked whether we will now start punishing players for PKing in SP. The answer is that PK will still be allowed in there until it is actually changed with the patch. Remember, the change was made intentionally, so it's not like people are exploiting a bug here.

Thanks all, and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for taking the time to be upfront about the amount of time it may take to rectify the content error. The delay may not be welcome, but such things do take time, and that's understandable if not desirable.

However, I guess I'm not so understanding about the lack of statement about the harassment our lower level players are experiencing. I'm sure you MEANT to say that PK will still be allowed for the time being, while HARASSMENT and continued GRIEFING are not acceptable nor allowed under the ToS. Please be sure to add that, and perhaps make a statement about it on the login splash screen as well, so there will be no confusion in this regard.

I recognize that the number of tickets filed may well overwhelm your ticketing system. The very fact that we fear this is evidence enough that the situation is indeed dire and out of control, and reason enough to make clear to the bullies that what they're doing is not okay.

Thanks Frankie for continuing to stay on top of this evolving situation. I've gotta say, I have renewed faith, these past couple of days...
  • Dark_Flare - Dreamweaver
    Dark_Flare - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle PWI.... you crack me up. b:pleased

Grats on doing something RIGHT for a change! b:victory
    If we listed off all the glitches that needed to be fixed in this game... we would be able to do nothing else, there are so many, because PWI doesn't fix things, they only try to cover their glitches with MOAR GLITCHES!!!!!!!! I can has glitches?! I CAN HAS PWI! b:victory
  • QueenNique - Dreamweaver
    QueenNique - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank you so much b:laugh