PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dunno if anybody else agrees with me but tbh i like the whole blue name pvp thingy but i hate hearing that a lowbie in my faction got pked 200 times :S
    Now heres my suggestion: pk in sp should have a lvl restriction like for example u can only pk toons 5 lvls lower than u or they should make a range just like the one in phoenix valley so whenever a lvl100 tries to atk a lvl30 the atk wont go and he can only atk a lvl95+ and so on and so forth...but who're we talking to its not like our chinese overlords actually read the forums -_-"

I'm sorry if this has been previously suggested but reading 50+ pafes is not my idea of a passtime

I Disagree, cuz if I go in there to help one of my alts or a lowbie and I get pk'd I'd be pissed, cuz I'm not a pk'er. Move the pk to a separate instance away from questing areas, then no one has an excuse for being pk'd if you don't have to be there.
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Ruquel - Dreamweaver
    Ruquel - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PvP sucks... i was on a PvE server because of that!
  • Misha_L - Heavens Tear
    Misha_L - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    +1 Well said! It's really sad if these Enrage Members have to get their kill counts this way or get their fun killing noobs or 1 shotting them as you said...shows how pretty awesome your gear is all right....NOT...b:shutup

Didn't you hear ..... The "Stay Puft Marshmallow Man" joined Enrage to make their camp out more enjoyable b:chuckle

"Who ya gonna call ?" .....
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    +1 Fully Supported, but I stills say make a new instance away from questing areas...also I think its 5k coins not, 6k b:victory

It is 6k to go from Hidden Orchid to Hall of Deception (1k to Arch, 5k to HoD).b:victory

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hmm, you people that are doing so, for or against, need to stop suggesting half-assed patchwork fixes like 'make the quest bosses spawn outside', 'make certain rooms not pk-enabled' or other **** like that.

The only INTELLIGENT and PROPER way to deal with this is to revert sp to what it was before and actually, and INTENTIONALLY, CREATE a whole new dungeon open 24/7, DEDICATED to blue-name PVP. That's what should've been done in the first place. That's how you show the respect you supposedly have for your player base, your consummers, allowing PVE-ers to keep doing their thing AND allowing PVPers to get what they want.

Making a mistake because you're incompetent and then trying to pass it as a 'new feature' is just ridiculous, pathetic and shows just how much respect you have for your players, paying or not paying alike, whom together make this a viable game.

To those who say that voicing out complaints is useless: If we are to believe Shelly, we are being heard on this matter.

When the filter was changed and blocked off part or the whole of people's names, we voiced our complaints and the filter was reverted.

When the DQ price was dropped, we again voiced our complaints and the DQ point system was implemented.

Voicing out your opinions about game changes works.

One last note: Trolls are like Seagulls, if you keep feeding them, they'll just keep rainning **** on your fries...
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    but by the time you do Silverfrost, the only necessary quest in there, you want a party of people anyway. I sure hope someone in that party knows someone in a big TW fac who knows others who like to PK.

what gives you the right to decide which quest is necessary and which isn't?

it depends on the point of view... is cultivation/silver frost really required?

for some people it is an requirement doing quests for exp, sp, coins, or other rewards, so let them do it and stop talking about required and not required!
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I really hope they could do that. Unfortunately there's an enitre procedure that must be done before the code is changed. PWE and PW-CN must have their own policies on when to do regular maintenance and when to do an emergency maintenance. Emergency maints are probably exclusive to game/company breaking situations like the Duke Rose a long time ago.

It would be nice if Frankie or any other GM could explain to us the process that goes inside the company when they decide to make changes in the game so we have a clearer idea on how everything works instead of expecting devs to magically solve everything. Although, I'm not sure they can divulge that information to the general public.

b:surrender

So ONE nerd programmer blunders a patch in what we were told would be an ACCESS to a new arena/instance for PVP and now we are suppose to believe it will take months or years for them to follow red tape procedures to get it fixed. Maybe PWE deserves to lose a huge chunk of their player base. The was a pure and simple BLUNDER on the part of the company and now they are scrambling to figure out how to fix it. We sure hope they fix it before the customer bleed away from the game gets any worse cause as of right now I know a large base which is NOT going to buy Zen and is NOT playing till its fixed. Most of those people are heavy recruiters to get NEW players to join the game. Think its QQ or whatever but its fact. The player base that will be joining are the childish hackers from other well known MMO games wanting to find ways to exploit the game further and we will start seeing more and more web site based players trying to sell you junk.

Way to go PWC!
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It is 6k to go from Hidden Orchid to Hall of Deception (1k to Arch, 5k to HoD).

and then chances are decent you'll respawn in orchid temple again after getting caught in the vortex of some pvp seeker camping the teleport room in the secret passage for the lulz. gg, insert another 6k coin to try again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    FerClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Seriously, though.
    While we wait for our adorable PWC to fix this mess, why don't you just replace the rule of "PK blue names = ban"?

That way, the losers that "OH SO LOVE!!!" to kill random and innocent LOW LEVELED questers would refrain from targeting them.

It would make the whole situation LESS frustrating for a lot of people.

Or do I have to come over there in california (is that right?) ALL THE WAY FROM ITALY to beg you while kneeling in front of you?
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    uhhhhhhh duuuhhhh uhhhhhhh duuuuhhhhhh why not just make the cave of sadistic glee the 100% pk area of choice?Rarely any low lvl players go there and most are in the late 70's mid80's. sp makes no sense and low lvls getting clobbered in the fray is really 100% dumb as hell...hmmmmm would you let your kid walk through abusy interstate..no...thats what sp is...just make astinking stone teleport to glee..case closed.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ***NEWSFLAAAASH****

LVL 105 gooner R9 just one-shot a lvl 29 bluenamed player in SP

What an acomplishment, ladies and gentlemen...

In the backstage PWI staff aplaudes b:chuckle
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    A thought crossed my mind earlier - it's true that our version mirrors the Chinese game, but that's the only similarities between the two versions. We play a different game than the Chinese community does. We have a different style, packs are much more valuable here, and the community here is much more intimate (cliquey, if you wish).

The Chinese team cannot and should not ignore that Western gamers plays games in a different manner than Asian games do. What fits their gaming style doesn't necessarily suits ours, even the policies between the two versions differ.

Frankie has mentioned that our version mirrors theirs, however;

Players are forbidden from editing*.ini files to alter their characters appearance - However it's allowed (and somewhat encouraged) at PWC.

Another example is that account selling is not allowed, but is on PWC.

If their version allows Free PK in SP - our version certainly doesn't have to as the policies above state.

There definitely needs to be a temporary solution until a permanent one is implanted into the game (i.e. a specific, stand alone Free PK instance) - that solution should probably be to not allow Free PK in SP at the time being - even if PWC has made it so it's possible, and allowed over there.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    A thought crossed my mind earlier - it's true that our version mirrors the Chinese game, but that's the only similarities between the two versions. We play a different game than the Chinese community does. We have a different style, packs are much more valuable here, and the community here is much more intimate (cliquey, if you wish).

The Chinese team cannot and should not ignore that Western gamers plays games in a different manner than Asian games do. What fits their gaming style doesn't necessarily suits ours, even the policies between the two versions differ.

Players are forbidden from editing*.ini files to alter their characters appearance - However it's allowed (and somewhat encouraged) at PWC.

If their version allows Free PK in SP - our version certainly doesn't have to as the policies above state.

There definitely needs to be a temporary solution until a permanent one is implanted into the game (i.e. a specific, stand alone Free PK instance) - that solution should probably be to not allow Free PK in SP at the time being - even if PWC has made it so it's possible, and allowed over there.

My hat's off to you Shelly, for this post. I must say I didn't expect a mod to post this kind of opinion.

I trully hope it doesn't come to afect your Mod position.

This being said, I feel that lvl 100
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I agree thank you for your reply.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options

Here is my temporary solution, CaoticShelly.

Ban/warning on all who PK the innocent bluenamed questers.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My hat's off to you Shelly, for this post. I must say I didn't expect a mod to post this kind of opinion.

I trully hope it doesn't come to afect your Mod position.

Rest assure, it won't. PWE appreciates it when we voice our opinion in a mature manner (community and mods [who are part of the community as well] alike) and I have done so in the past multiple times with no problem.
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sanputa wrote: »
    b:dirty I love this Free pvp zone in Secret passage. I finally have a place where i can pvp my friends and faction even without having to worry about rank 9's coming and stealing my gear because i'm red name .. without having to worry about various parts of my equipment being instantly shattered. This is the most fun i've had in pwi forever.

I mean if there is a battle going on and you dont' want to get involved .. why not just fly over ? i see all the blue names on my server just fly over ... wow that was easy b:chuckle
    In Heaven's Tear, things aren't like that.
    We have campers that only wait for the low levels. I have a 42 veno, and every time I tried to get inside, by either running or flying, I got killed by someone.

And while I was in the save zone waiting to see what was happening I clearly remember reading on the chat someone say "Stop killing noobs" to someone else. and this someone else replied with a LOL.

I don't think that's a good way to treat someone that you don't even know that's just passing through.

It's just plain bullism
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I mean if there is a battle going on and you dont' want to get involved .. why not just fly over ?

because that gets you stunned and killed by whichever flying stealthed 'sin happens to be closest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

As well, we got the Dragon Point system as compensation for a change that didn't suit our gameplay as it did the other version. That right there tells me it is possible for them to change our version to what fits this game's style of players.

That said, I do believe the arenas should be reopened as has been suggested multiple times (or some other stand alone instance, as you said). The idea of a free PK zone is a good one but should not be forced upon all players. But I agree with you that in the interim, they still need to change what SP has become now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I mean if there is a battle going on and you dont' want to get involved .. why not just fly over ? i see all the blue names on my server just fly over ... wow that was easy b:chuckle

Please visit HT and come back to tell us how well that worked out for you! :)

Hell, I have seen a couple of people offering newbies cash so they can use the stone and avoid being harassed by the cowards camping in there. That's how bad it is. Most of the people in there couldn't care less about your level or the fact you want to complete your quests. The world revolves around them. They know that they are upsetting people and that's exactly why they are in there.

Oh a little FYI to those that have been contacting support... it's probably pointless. One of my friends sent several reports since the patch and was told that no rules were broken. The tickets were filed when we were told that PKing was okay as long the lowbies weren't killed. My friend's lowbies were killed on a few occasions. Reports were filed. The reports got canned responses about nobody breaking any rules and were closed. The bullies are winning! What the hell? What sort of message is PWI trying to send?

b:beatenup
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Please visit HT and come back to tell us how well that worked out for you! :)

Hell, I have seen a couple of people offering newbies cash so they can use the stone and avoid being harassed by the cowards camping in there. That's how bad it is. Most of the people in there couldn't care less about your level or the fact you want to complete your quests. The world revolves around them. They know that they are upsetting people and that's exactly why they are in there.

Oh a little FYI to those that have been contacting support... it's probably pointless. One of my friends sent several reports since the patch and was told that no rules were broken. The tickets were filed when we were told that PKing was okay as long the lowbies weren't killed. My friend's lowbies were killed on a few occasions. Reports were filed. The reports got canned responses about nobody breaking any rules and were closed. The bullies are winning! What the hell? What sort of message is PWI trying to send?

b:beatenup

Please allow me to answer this for you:

Buy more zen

Pay those who are cash shoppers anyways to help you pwr lvl
    Buy more zen
    Don't bother questing or actually enjoying the game, all we care about is your money
    Buy more zen
    Don't complain, we've made this game to cater to those who cash shop most
    Buy more zen
    Stop whining, you don't need to do quests. Who actually "plays" this game anymore anyways in that regard
    Buy more zen
    If you don't want to be killed...
    Buy more zen
    If you complain, we will act like we listen; but we really don't care because we are still making money
    Buy more zen
    If you threaten to leave, we still don't care because our reports indicate this hasn't had an effect on the amount of money we are making...
    Buy more zen
    The r9 people playing who have cash shopped most, all wanted this so their e peens could get bigger..
    Buy more zen

I hope this sums it up for you, but just incase you missed the most valid point I made.. BUY MORE ZEN
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think you're right! b:chuckle
  • Nakairu - Archosaur
    Nakairu - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so frankieraye, are you, or another GM, going to offer free escorts through SP while lowbies do their quests?

cause my cleric on Sanctuary just hit 31, and he needs quests in SP.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so frankieraye, are you, or another GM, going to offer free escorts through SP while lowbies do their quests?

cause my cleric on Sanctuary just hit 31, and he needs quests in SP.

Of course not, that is like asking if they are going to fix the entrance to the cube glitch. Was easier to just tell ppl they can't do it, then to actually fix it.
  • VioletHeals - Momaganon
    VioletHeals - Momaganon Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    frankieraye doesnt do any actual work

At most he will say he will look into something. Then a few weeks later either hope everyone forgot or make up an excuse saying it cant be done while trying to make some kinda statement that sometime in the future they will add something to the game that everyone will be excited about and then a few weeks later make some horrible change that make more people complain about him doing an awful job.
  • Nakairu - Archosaur
    Nakairu - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Of course not, that is like asking if they are going to fix the entrance to the cube glitch. Was easier to just tell ppl they can't do it, then to actually fix it.

Yeah, I know....fat chance in hell, right? *sigh* wishful thinking. I guess I won't be able to do my token of the seven quest, or my OHT culti.

frankieraye doesnt do any actual work

At most he will say he will look into something. Then a few weeks later either hope everyone forgot or make up an excuse saying it cant be done while trying to make some kinda statement that sometime in the future they will add something to the game that everyone will be excited about and then a few weeks later make some horrible change that make more people complain about him doing an awful job.

You've been playing here for awhile? Or did you figure that out in your first week of playing? Cause you nailed that one right on the head!
  • Caleon - Dreamweaver
    Caleon - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    +1 to ChaoticShelly

I'm playing on a PvE server, blue named, that means I do not want to PK in any way but I'm forced to - not funny

btw did they fix the teleporting into FB 29 without being killed by mobs near the entrance? I didn't play for a while
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dunno if anybody else agrees with me but tbh i like the whole blue name pvp thingy but i hate hearing that a lowbie in my faction got pked 200 times :S
    Now heres my suggestion: pk in sp should have a lvl restriction like for example u can only pk toons 5 lvls lower than u or they should make a range just like the one in phoenix valley so whenever a lvl100 tries to atk a lvl30 the atk wont go and he can only atk a lvl95+ and so on and so forth...but who're we talking to its not like our chinese overlords actually read the forums -_-"

I'm sorry if this has been previously suggested but reading 50+ pages is not my idea of a passtime

A level cap will just prevent the high levels from coming in to help the lowbies, and level 70's all get the Silver Frost quest. It might cut down the pk some, but wouldn't solve the underlying problem. Thanks for coming up with ideas though, and keep thinking you might have a great one that fixes all of this that Frankie would get behind. b:thanks
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    +1 to ChaoticShelly

I'm playing on a PvE server, blue named, that means I do not want to PK in any way but I'm forced to - not funny

btw did they fix the teleporting into FB 29 without being killed by mobs near the entrance? I didn't play for a while

Not as far as I know, but maybe someone else know's for sure. Also if you don't like the change please go vote on the 2 polls on the forums. One is under General Discussion and the other is under the Suggestion Box.b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.