PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    For all of you who have voted and made your voice heard here but still dont think the company will get the hint... someone just posted information on how to contact the Company and the entire board of directors.

The whiners here who support the change and say nothing said will do any good so stop QQing... do NOT realize the player base being screwed with now are the people who dont stop with a cry in the forums. We wont stop till the person responsible is GONE. We will take the time out of our day to write actual letters to the company. I suggest if you support the new change you start talking to your buddies who are abusing and harassing others as the letter writing already started.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1182101

Just a reminder the POLL has not shown less then 70% oppose this blunder.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14630071#post14630071
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This forced pk enabled SP zone..especially on pve servers..is totally wrong. I wont repeat the many reasons why that other guys have already stated over and over..personally it actually upsets me...pvp and pk is an anathema to me..i live and breathe for pve..but knowing that my lv 60 Mystic will likely not have a cat in **** chance of killing Silverfrost really kicks sand in my face. And yea..this affects the future not just now...any future expansions with new classes..whos going to bother making new classes knowing they cant complete their future culti?..this situation needs to be reversed...the vast majority of players feel this way im sure.

I already wrote them and told them that. THIS toon is lvl 102 and I have a lvl 101 archer.. they dont' need culti. But my 6 other toons, I'm trashing them. I will also never start another new character. When I'm bored of these 2, I'm done with the game. No where else to go from here. At 102 I'm still dying in sp.. unless I stealth. Sometimes even then. So.. what does it matter.. no hope for low lvls.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Seriously all this QQ about something that is actually good for once. Maybe the placement isn't ideal for all, but the idea is a good one. If you need BH you can port in. Seriously it has to cost 10k or less to port there, and if you can't be bothered to grind 10k then you should have quit the game already. There are a rare few that actually do all their quests, but for the most part no one does those lowbie quests anymore.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Seriously all this QQ about something that is actually good for once. Maybe the placement isn't ideal for all, but the idea is a good one. If you need BH you can port in. Seriously it has to cost 10k or less to port there, and if you can't be bothered to grind 10k then you should have quit the game already. There are a rare few that actually do all their quests, but for the most part no one does those lowbie quests anymore.

Plenty of people do the lowbie quests!!! Maybe not on your PVP server, but on the PVE servers they do. Its costs 5k to port in, but that's no guarantee of safety, the mobs and players can catch you in the moment you're stuck in the doorway to 29. I can grind 100K easily and quickly because I'm a high level, but the lowbies at that level can't, and they need to save their money for gear, weapons, repair bills, etc... You should quit, the game doesn't need high levels anymore and all the QQ they do about being bored. How does that sound to you? Cause that's what you're saying to the lowbies. b:angry

Your join date is long ago enough that i wouldn't assume you're a Plvl'er, but being a PWIC finalist means you're almost definately just a Rank geared jackass who doesn't give a rip about anyone else So this worthless opinion you've given is about what I'd expect.
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

SP isn't just a lowbie area... it's needed for the story

I'm sorry, I can't kill silver frost without being one shot by a rank 9, so now I can't...

Get into any of the maps
    Get 3rd stage
    Get 100 skills
    Grind on 3rd map
    Switch sage to demon....

It's a chain reaction

I dunno, yes we love the idea of a free pvp place, but seriously... it's totally in the wrong place. And if you have ever noticed bh29 port, some people die in the portal while stoning in because the mobs outside of it kill them.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    Plenty of people do the lowbie quests!!! Maybe not on your PVP server, but on the PVE servers they do. Its costs 5k to port in, but that's no guarantee of safety, the mobs and players can catch you in the moment you're stuck in the doorway to 29. I can grind 100K easily and quickly because I'm a high level, but the lowbies at that level can't, and they need to save their money for gear, weapons, repair bills, etc... You should quit, the game doesn't need high levels anymore and all the QQ they do about being bored. How does that sound to you? Cause that's what you're saying to the lowbies. b:angry

Your join date is long ago enough that i wouldn't assume you're a Plvl'er, but being a PWIC finalist means you're almost definately just a Rank geared jackass who doesn't give a rip about anyone else So this worthless opinion you've given is about what I'd expect.

Dont be too hard on em Buffnuts... like you pointed out being a PWIC finalist means he is as out of touch with the true customer base as the company. I would bet he is one of the players sitting around complaining there is NOTHING to do so he spends his day harassing others. What is really amazing is being a PWIC finalist he really had NOTHING to offer as proof the company should continue to keep PVP in SP or a solution to the problem of total HARASSMENT on the PVE servers other then the typical lame excuse that we should exploit the game by avoiding all quests and just pay him to have him run us all thru FC.

I just wonder if he was on the squad which got handed their A## in the tournament?
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And we couldn't have used the arena for this... why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Dont be too hard on em Buffnuts... like you pointed out being a PWIC finalist means he is as out of touch with the true customer base as the company. I would bet he is one of the players sitting around complaining there is NOTHING to do so he spends his day harassing others. What is really amazing is being a PWIC finalist he really had NOTHING to offer as proof the company should continue to keep PVP in SP or a solution to the problem of total HARASSMENT on the PVE servers other then the typical lame excuse that we should exploit the game by avoiding all quests and just pay him to have him run us all thru FC.

I just wonder if he was on the squad which got handed their A## in the tournament?

Sorry, I generally don't like to get personal in posts, but after 900 posts I wouldn't think we'd have to repeat soooo much. b:surrender
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pwned.

You might want to move silver frost outside before they cry again.

If PWI wanted to make a PvP FB why not make one instead of Disrupting the normal Play,
    So, PvP players will stop harassing other players who do not want to participate in there selfish may-lay of killing anything that moves. And no Im not crying, because I find some players are Selfish inconsiderate AO to put it mildly. This kind of action by the Developers does more damage than help and I really get sick of this ****. If I had my way I'd march in there with 10 Lv103 faction members and wipe the whole lot of them out.
    But like always THEY JUST DON"T GET IT !!!
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • salvor
    salvor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    its funny how the high lvls saying ppl should stop QQing its just 10k to tele and stuff like that
    u asked low lvls to waste their money
    while u guys got r9.. can't u waste more money
    (which u got lots of it) and buy some dolls and pk in another place
    and dear GMs instead of doing this simply work on fixing the arena :)
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    omg soooo much QQs have any of you stopped to think maybe just maybe if you say your doing a quest they will let you threw and if your 9x+ and need the quest for OHT then im guessing you will be in a faction or have a sqaud its called call for backup not that hard to do most people dont mass pk in sp even ill see 1 maybe 2 people in there so again its not like theres 100 people waitting to kill anything that walks threw...
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    omg soooo much QQs have any of you stopped to think maybe just maybe if you say your doing a quest they will let you threw and if your 9x+ and need the quest for OHT then im guessing you will be in a faction or have a sqaud its called call for backup not that hard to do most people dont mass pk in sp even ill see 1 maybe 2 people in there so again its not like theres 100 people waitting to kill anything that walks threw...

Didnt really read many of the complaints did you? Didnt bother to see the majority of people who have complained have mentioned at some point they have asked, begged and attempted to reason with some of the people harassing... OTHER WISE THEY WOULDNT BE SAYING ITS HARASSMENT. In fact there have been several players who agree having a place to PVP in an instance have stated in SP is the WORST location in the game. I guess you skipped doing any READING but just voiced your opinion. Thank you and we hope you register your vote:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180731

It is nice to hear not ALL of the servers have players who wish to abuse this new change. Its just too bad the childish exploiters who wish to encourage others to skip questing and just **** the game to take advantage of the glitches in power leveling. Its even better to know players come here to complain about others complaining WITH OUT READING.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Do me a favor, reroll a new character and grind for about 3 hours and let me know how much money you have. When you are done with that, then explain to me 1 more time why it is that ppl like you believe that you know what is best for everyone else and how THEY should play THEIR game. No one is disagreeing that the idea wasn't a good one, the entire problem is specifically on the PVE servers and specifically the area they chose to place this new pvp funhouse. Now, I hope you truly understand what the issue is; rather than come here and tell people how to play the game and how much they should make and when. It also disturbs me that you don't even know the cost to port into fb 29. Apparently you are seriously out of touch with the game.
    buffnuts wrote: »

This right here, isn't just what is wrong with PW. Its what is wrong with the real world as well. People are so selfish in both the real and virtual world, all they think about is themselves.

I didn't stop to think about this, I actually went to the secret passage about 8 hours the past 3 days and observed. During each 2 to 3 hour stay I observed a bunch of R9 100+ dominant faction players 1 shot multiple low lvl ppl as soon as they stepped out of the sz. As I stated before, I saw the same person kill the same lowbie more than 15 times before she finally quit coming in to try and do her quest. She asked many times for him to stop and allow her to pass, she just wanted to do her quest. SO NO>> THAT ISN'T WORKING!

It don't take 100 ppl to kill a squad of 3 lvl 90+ and 3 lvl 70+ who need Frost. It only takes 2 or 3 R9 jerks to aoe the whole group as they try to pass. You get the golf clap for most out of touch player with what is actually happening in the game. If you cared enough at all to read ANY of the posts here, you'd see that what you see through your rose colored glasses isn't what is actually happening on the servers.
  • Magina_AM - Lost City
    Magina_AM - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Thats really good thinking of you but one question, R u sure u r playing in LC?
    cause last time i checked it was like this 'sin comes out from stealth.. 1 hit u.. stealth'
    yea u got lots of time to explain =)
    we r playing a server the players kills u even after helping with the quest -_- so what u r talking about!!

Asking a PKer to not to kill is like asking water to stop being wet: they are genetically unable to. The vast majority of them are bratty little boys on power trips, or other people who are equally twisted, and have and utter lack of courtesy or manners. so the chances of a polite request getting an cooperative response-nil. Even if you got one person to leave you alone, the zillions of other gankers will gleefully make up for his/her oversight and kill you.
    +1
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Asking a PKer to not to kill is like asking water to stop being wet: they are genetically unable to. The vast majority of them are bratty little boys on power trips, or other people who are equally twisted, and have and utter lack of courtesy or manners. so the chances of a polite request getting an cooperative response-nil. Even if you got one person to leave you alone, the zillions of other gankers will gleefully make up for his/her oversight and kill you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • wolfdog1
    wolfdog1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    THE PKERS ARE GETTING OUT OF CONTROL THEY NEED TO BE BANNED FROM THE GAME
    this is a PVE server most of us hate PVP so you need to do something about the PK OVER KILL IN SP SOON or your going to loose paying customers
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Is that even your character? Do you play PW at all? You really think you can ask someone who enjoys killing low levels to let them pass to do their quest? There are people called jerks. Look up the word. They do exist. b:thanks
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOL wow um... frankie was here today....

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1182171

Guess after 100 pages already he's too scared to show his face on this thread.... idk. Some kinda response would BE NICE THOUGH FRANKIE. Idk... at least an acknowledgement that the devs are freaking idiots (i'm not even going to mention their OTHER frack ups the past 3 years.....)..... and trying to cover up THEIR **** UP (in **** up SP while making the tourney areas in there) by saying this is actually a planned addition to the game (at least that's how u made it sound like)... and that we have no buisness actually PLAYING THE GAME (e.g. doing OUR QUESTS).... was SERIOUSLY the dumbest way you could've gone about this.

Sorry I'm so blunt but 3 years of this game's frack ups and now this..... idk why i even still play...... the rest of the games i keep looking at suck worse though... b:surrender
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOL wow um... frankie was here today....

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1182171

Guess after 100 pages already he's too scared to show his face on this thread.... idk. Some kinda response would BE NICE THOUGH FRANKIE. Idk... at least an acknowledgement that the devs are freaking idiots..... and trying to cover up THEIR **** UP (in **** up SP while making the tourney areas in there) by saying this is actually a planned addition to the game (at least that's how u made it sound like)... and that we have no buisness actually PLAYING THE GAME (e.g. doing OUR QUESTS).... was SERIOUSLY the dumbest way you could've gone about this.

Sorry I'm so blunt but 3 years of this game's frack ups and now this..... idk why i even still play...... the rest of the games i keep looking at suck worse though... b:surrender

Whats even more interesting is the suggestion to work with customer service when I have heard from other players as well as my own experience is there is currently a blanket response sending everyone to this exact thread for all tickets. I guess customer service enjoys seeing this thread get even more viral.

Poll still shows more then 75% of those voting oppose the blunder.
  • TollingBelle - Sanctuary
    TollingBelle - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOL they are so lame.... if they wanted a free pk instance, how hard would it be to program a big room with a safe spawn / entry point or two and call it a day. Simple **** up that they're trying to pass off as a "feature," as usual.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ok......Right now....

SOMEBODY
    GIVE
    ME
    A
    LIST
    OF
    QUESTS
    UNDER
    THE
    LVL
    OF
    THAT
    REQUIRE
    YOU
    TO
    BE
    INSIDE
    SECRET
    PASSAGE
    TO
    COMPLETE
    THEM.

b:shocked AAAAHHHHHH!!! I"M BLIND!!!!!b:cry and now I got a Migraine tryin to read that?!?! b:cry ROFLMAO!!b:laugh
  • seitori
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mcfreakie wrote: »

LoLZzZLoL b:chuckle
  • protogoos
    protogoos Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

2 - 10 100th level plus with high ranking not hard to get through right NOT......

Post a please allow us thru to do a quest.... Please tell me and I am asking this of the PvP group how many would let anyone thru that asks. Then also take into consideration that once you get an AoE spell moving it is more then hard to pull it back. Also knowing that this is what most attacks there are and please Channman tell us all what Godlike powers we can muster to offset that I for one really want to know...

b:shocked
  • Emaria - Sanctuary
    Emaria - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this is a stupid rule took me 4 goes for the high level charcters i had helping me get inside so i could get silver fox done for my alt then a further few goes so i could reply the favor on my main. i shouldn't have to watch my back or get killed as soon as i walk in the door trying to help someone with the chrono quest, whgat about the wheel of earth in there for the token of 7 quest? get pked while digging if they can even get that far.
    There is a reason i play on a pve server cause i dont want to be pked or pk myself. If we wanted pk we would be playing on lost city server or one of the other pk servers. Not a pve server.
  • seitori
    edited September 2011
    Options

Your right Chanman (NOT!!) "They only NEED too HANG around in there by the dozen to jump on all the peaple all the time" Atleast buy a clue! That most the PKs that are in SP that have caused this UPROAR are free squading together as (FACTIONS or FRIENDS) most times, and are SWARM SNIPING everyone who enters SP As A GROUP Regardless of plees and announcements of a quest squad needeing safe passage!! Nor attacking them 1 on 1!!! Thats why all of the lower lev players are getting SHAFTED in there, and BTW: I kinda like the idea for a (free of loss) PK zone, even though I've avoided going back too pk'ing, to date, after I started on a PK server and got annoyed with it back then 3 WHOLE LONG years ago.. For the same reason as is BLATENTLY OBVIOUS now ya can't get anything but annoyed when the ones using the NEW RULE all decide to PACK HUNT anything that moves in there, they don't 1 on 1!! they swarm knowing they won't loose cause they got (8 or more) too back them up, incase they get in too trouble, I feel sorry for the standard PK'rs cause they're all getting an EARFULL cause all the SPAZzes of the groups HAVE acted like total BLOOD HUNGRY TOOL's and already ruined the new rule already BY ATTACKING ANYTHING THAT MOVES in SP which BTW was 1 very LAME place for it too be placed in the FIRST PLACE, when most of the PK's don't go that LOW and Prefer they're PK KILLs to actually be from Targets that are their own level rather then snipe on kids & low levs... b:laughb:thanks
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Aaah the thread still lives on. I realized I forgot a very good idea that many other people probably said. Why don't we use the ARENA that I barely even knew existed???????? Just thought I'd throw it out there. Again.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    there are FOUR Arenas that could be activated, just for the bloody PKers to get their jollies in, and leave the rest of us alone.

Aaah the thread still lives on. I realized I forgot a very good idea that many other people probably said. Why don't we use the ARENA that I barely even knew existed???????? Just thought I'd throw it out there. Again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Zaz - Harshlands
    Zaz - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    On a PvP server it is alright but making SP PK enabled on PvE servers is just stupid as the R9 players on PvE servers have nothing else to kill but everyone in SP and they are doing it.

Change SP back to no one is allowed to PK in there, the greifing is getting out of hand.
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

Ok i have another question. I went to do the little fire thing quest in sq I get hit by a lvl 100 plus seeker who coudln't kill me cause i ran away and I was a barb. So he is chasing me how is that fun ...
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My Rage-O-Meter has a scale from 1-100. It pegged at 100 on the first few pages of this thread, then I think it broke. Now, it's burning, leaving putrid, blinding smoke in the air.

Based on the readings from my Rage-O-Meter, I would think it a safe conclusion to say (also, from reading Asty's Poll thread) that a good, vast majority of PWE players, regardless of PVE or PVP server, are not in favor of turning an instance aimed at level 27-49 players into a free PK instance.

There are some trolls, and some people with no clue, as well as some who obviously enjoy spending vast quantities of time stalking lowbies in there and killing them so they cannot complete quests (which, is the vast reason for the untimely demise of my Rage-O-Meter; a more powerful, version 1.3, 1-300 scaled version is on order).

Frankie, when you get back from... Apparently being sick, are you going to voice our markedly EXTREME dislike for this 'little' change to SP? Or will they completely ignore us, break my new Rage-O-Meter V1.3, and further distance us from Wanmei?

I personally have alts that I kept low level for a long time just to level up when I got bored, stuck, or a combination of the two with high level mains. Now, I find a small dent in my leveling; the timed weapons in the Stash was one kick to the head for me playing them, removing quests I would typically use to level (or mobs i would grind on) is another.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
This discussion has been closed.