PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just went in with friends to timid to do real pk (where you lose GAs or gear) and everyone had a grand old time.

Yes there will definitely be some people who abuse it to pick on low level people but honestly, I leveled through those levels the real way and only spent like less than a day doing the quests in SP. It was a minor part of the game I quickly out grew. This new PK area has much more game play that will last people for all of their levels.

This new gameplay is definitely worth the sacrifice.

They could have added it to Cave of Sadistic Glee I suppose but that's like so far away in the middle of nowhere. Also you have the risk of mid level pvp being ruined by mobs.

This is just them trying to cover their *** for something they didn't even know was in the damn patch. It's pathetic and unspeakable to have that poor of communication for such a big gaming company. They could have easily done this in another instance that is far more suited for what they were trying to accomplish.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It doesn't interest me what you think of those people or their politics, what I just pointed out is simply something that dictates the behavior of most of the best-geared and highest levels on the server.

Then again, if a bunch of people with R8 are walking into SP, they're going to get attacked because people expect high levels to give them a fight. I'll admit that one - I was talking about lowbies.

In case you missed the post before, logged in lowbie archer, just went in twice. Got pk'ed twice. Didn't even make it past the first room from safe zone. Lowbie's aren't safe on Sanctuary or on any other server for that matter.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just went in with friends to timid to do real pk (where you lose GAs or gear) and everyone had a grand old time.

Yes there will definitely be some people who abuse it to pick on low level people but honestly, I leveled through those levels the real way and only spent like less than a day doing the quests in SP. It was a minor part of the game I quickly out grew. This new PK area has much more game play that will last people for all of their levels.

They could have added it to Cave of Sadistic Glee I suppose but that's like so far away in the middle of nowhere. Also you have the risk of mid level pvp being ruined by mobs.

If you like PvP start a character on a PK server where you can be PKd and PK back ANYWHERE after level 30.

THAT is real PvP -- not leveling up to 100+ in safety yourself then picking on lower levels. Or allowing lower levels to get PKd when they purposely chose a PvE server.
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol I wasn't aware it wasn't allowed before this thread.

THE MORE YOU KNOW
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

and you're QQ'ing cause you'd have to fly for 8 minutes instead of three?? really? they're not gonna change it anyway, cause they don't care. but, selfish, all those getting ganked over and over and over. and you don't want to fly for five more minutes. or have to fight something that might beat you? unbelievable.. b:infuriated
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you like PvP start a character on a PK server where you can be PKd and PK back ANYWHERE after level 30.

THAT is real PvP -- not leveling up to 100+ in safety yourself then picking on lower levels. Or allowing lower levels to get PKd when they purposely chose a PvE server.

Too bad PvP servers are more dead.

There are people on LC who have rerolled..HERE
    buffnuts wrote: »
    In case you missed the post before, logged in lowbie archer, just went in twice. Got pk'ed twice. Didn't even make it past the first room from safe zone. Lowbie's aren't safe on Sanctuary or on any other server for that matter.

Ehh you probably went in after we left and a few scavengers attacked you. Who was it?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China
    servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

So in other words, this is the developers way of saying: "We screwed up big time and don't know how to fix this mess so you all have to live with it."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Yeah, because YOU'RE not the one making the sacrifice. Hell, you're not even willing to "make the sacrifice" to go "so far away in the middle of nowhere". Why not, one wonders, if it's so worth it? Oh yeah, you're worried about the big bad mobs in there. Got it. Or is the the ueber-long walk from immolation camp?
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options

How nice for them. Perhaps those were the ones who pk'ed my lowbie archer I just tried to run through the supposedely safer Sanctuary secret passage. If there aren't enough people on the PVP servers that shows that there are more people on the PVE servers. Gee, I wonder who PWI should be catering too?
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ehh you probably went in after we left and a few scavengers attacked you. Who was it?[/QUOTE]

You're not supposed to name names in the forums, but it was 2 different chars, both able to one-shot me easily.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    How nice for them. Perhaps those were the ones who pk'ed my lowbie archer I just tried to run through the supposedely safer Sanctuary secret passage. If there aren't enough people on the PVP servers that shows that there are more people on the PVE servers. Gee, I wonder who PWI should be catering too?

I don't know man I totally just walked past on my 6x BM and nothing happened. Gonna come again tomm zzzz

but I never thought people would argue with me on how care bear Sanct is.

People in white used to duel at west arch. That's how tea party it is.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Leeming - Heavens Tear
    Leeming - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is the stupidest thing you have EVER done.

What new person to PWI is going to automatically know to use the illusion stone? What new person is going to know he/she doesn't NEED to kill Quinzi?

Why on earth would you make a low level place into a unlimited PK zone?

Why not make a new place, an arena or other instance for the people who enjoy harrassing people? Why encourage bullying by allowing PK of people level 29 and those who helping them?
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

OMFG Seriously??!! Well done PW this is a big fckup! How the hell are we supposed to help noobs and alts? Like mentioned earlier in this thread, silverfrost and shade eido is in there, as well as those demon fire (or whatever) mobs. How can you say it's necessary to complete the quests...then don't give those damn quests! Some people in this game actually play the game and want to complete quests. If you want to keep it a PK instance, then move all the freaking mobs outside OR just make it as it was and make a separate PK instance...seriously...And yes TP inside, but there are mobs by the gate that mostly kill low lv hp chars...

This is really stupid! So now we have to dock up extra coin, hp pots, hp charms, scrolls and whatever else, just because someone decided that a quest instance/fb cave should be a pk instance...super fantastic...
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    Options

And why do you think the PvP servers are dead? I know what you are saying because I have alts on LC which I rarely play, it just isn't fun for me to suddenly be oneshot out of the blue.

So if you re-roll on a PvE server then respect the wishes of the majority of the population there.

Because most people don't like to be ganked in the middle of a quest. Lose gear or have to deal with the annoying Lock delay. The days of Guardian scrolls and binding charms being affordable are gone.

PvP in PWI is implemented all wrong. There are no level restrictions and so people rush to high levels and then start picking on lower levels because they want to win. And how is it easiest to win... pick on someone weaker.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You guys are all spazzes =/ just say "excuse me I need to get my culti please don't kill me. You can pvp in an instance now end of the world, 2012! =/
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Franky, eventho I'd love pk in sp back, I think we have another way more suitable instance for that. With same settings as sp have now, Cave of Sadistic Glee would be a way better choice. As people have pointed out, silverfrost is needed for your oht culti, while in CoSG no such quest is needed.

NO NO and NO, do not put make fcken quest cave a PK Zone, OMG....how hard is it for you people to make an instance outside of a quest zone????b:surrender

• buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't know man I totally just walked past on my 6x BM and nothing happened.

60 BM is higher than my archer for one, and lucky you.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah, because YOU'RE not the one making the sacrifice. Hell, you're not even willing to "make the sacrifice" to go "so far away in the middle of nowhere". Why not, one wonders, if it's so worth it? Oh yeah, you're worried about the big bad mobs in there. Got it. Or is the the ueber-long walk from immolation camp?

You make a good point but I have been through those levels and there is not much PVE gameplay in SP. I don't think there is enough in there to be worth defending. You don't even need to go through SP to get to fb29 and there is nothing in there required for culti until you get to OHT.

Maybe people are being immature with this new area and the griefing will quiet down in a few days?

As for the idea to move it to the Cave, to tell the truth I've forgotten what the cave looks like so I'm not even sure if it will be suitable. Does it even have a safe zone at the entrance? Where do you respawn...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You guys are all spazzes =/ just say "excuse me I need to get my culti please don't kill me. You can pvp in an instance now end of the world, 2012! =/

That's one person out of the who knows how many who will pk in the instance. You manged to get one person to not PK you (slim chances) but the person two rooms after them, will.

There isn't a simple way to avoid from being PKed in SP.

I think a lot of you are missing a vital point - it's true you don't have to do these quests at a low level, but if you want to - you can't, PWE said it upfront, you have no place in this game or at least in SP zone if you like to play the game as a new player (or a new alt character) and do your character's quests. The first few levels are what determines if a new player will stay or leave. And the game is lacking in (actual) new players as it is.

If quests are given to a player, then why slap them in the face by telling them they don't have to do it even if they want to? Yes there are ways around it, but you are telling someone to convince high levels to assist them in doing it (if the high levels wish to get PKed in return). And like I said, it's most likely that players are going to take advantage of this situation and start charging for protection, too.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

a 102 fc cheater has no business dissing those who actually want to play the game, seriously b:angry

asking to pass makes no difference to the bullies who are doing it in the first place. ugh, what a stupid **** thing to bring so many to the forums they haven't even picked their avatars yet.

can you say drama?? well, i guess i'm a drama-queen then.. b:sad
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    After stating my concerns to Frankie it seems PWE's current stance is that "You don't have to do these quests". However, questing is a part of this game and some people want to do it regardless of the current easy, fast and buy-able level 100.

I don't agree with this stance. I believe questing, especially at lower levels is vital to communicating with the community, engaging with players and introducing the game mechanics and learning process about your selected race/class.

I enjoyed doing the quests in SP as a new player making its way in the world of PWI. I enjoyed defeating Silver frost. I enjoy helping others achieving the same thing.

People don't have to do quests there, but that shouldn't matter, they want to. And that's all that's important.

b:angry it's not about "you don't have to" it's about "we want to". We shouldn't have to have a choice of 1: don't do quests and stay alive or 2: attempt to do quests and die....This is a quest game number 1 and number 2 I am on a PVE server for crying out loud....

We are going to continue QQ'ing until this is fixed as in either 1 they move all the items (chests), mobs, bosses outside... or 2 much easier, just create a damn pk instance (and not just move it into some other cave that has quests too).

I have never been so disappointed in PW...it's sad actually...

edited September 2011
    Options
    Also ban pk at west gate and secret pool, you need mobs in those areas for culti. Then ban pvp on top of the heavens tear you need to talk to the guy up there, then ban pvp in the swamps, theres lots of quests there to. Oh, can you just ban pvp everywhere? I'm pretty sure there are quests there.
    a 102 fc cheater has no business dissing those who actually want to play the game, seriously b:angry

asking to pass makes no difference to the bullies who are doing it in the first place. ugh, what a stupid **** thing to bring so many to the forums they haven't even picked their avatars yet.

can you say drama?? well, i guess i'm a drama-queen then.. b:sad

I was lvl 95 for a year.

I level'd the way pro wishess did, oracle IX
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1176031
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There isn't a simple way to avoid from being PKed in SP.

Actually there is: Don't go in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Its simple pk is now punishable by permanent bans within 300m of any quest mobs or npcs, rejoice world questers! ^^
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The fact that the only players that NEED to go in there are the low levels is the big problem for a lot of people. For the higher level players, it's a choice.

Uhm it's not really my choice to get PK'd when I go in there, if I'm going in there to help a noob or an alt....

• vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Also ban pk at west gate and secret pool, you need mobs in those areas for culti. Then ban pvp on top of the heavens tear you need to talk to the guy up there, then ban pvp in the swamps, theres lots of quests there to. Oh, can you just ban pvp everywhere? I'm pretty sure there are quests there.

I was lvl 95 for a year.

I level'd the way pro wishess did, oracle IX
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1176031

You're on a freaking PvP server, DOH. This issue is about PK on Blue names mainly on PvE servers.

And last I checked you can't PK Blue names even on LC (except for SP) b:chuckle
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You make a good point but I have been through those levels and there is not much PVE gameplay in SP. I don't think there is enough in there to be worth defending. You don't even need to go through SP to get to fb29.

Maybe people are being immature with this new area and the griefing will quiet down in a few days?

As for the idea to move it to the Cave, to tell the truth I've forgotten what the cave looks like so I'm not even sure if it will be suitable. Does it even have a safe zone at the entrance? Where do you respawn...

New players are poor(usually dirt poor) they can't afford to pay to stone in at that level to do their BH's. Also new players are poorly geared, they can't fight any of the bosses in there without higher level help. How many higher levels feel free to jump in SP and help now? And the Cave is not the only spot suggested for this new "feature" we've been given. Simply put if you aren't willing to travel for this special pk area, then it's pretty clear it doesn't mean that much to you.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And why do you think the PvP servers are dead? I know what you are saying because I have alts on LC which I rarely play, it just isn't fun for me to suddenly be oneshot out of the blue.

So if you re-roll on a PvE server then respect the wishes of the majority of the population there.

Because most people don't like to be ganked in the middle of a quest. Lose gear or have to deal with the annoying Lock delay. The days of Guardian scrolls and binding charms being affordable are gone.

PvP in PWI is implemented all wrong. There are no level restrictions and so people rush to high levels and then start picking on lower levels because they want to win. And how is it easiest to win... pick on someone weaker.

Man I've said it many times why PK servers are more empty, and I'll say it again. PvP servers have more competitive players. Players who compete with each other directly straight out of lvl 30. They are the players that play and charge the hardest. PWI's sales had the greatest impact on PvP servers. They're more affected by changes such as Jone's, R9, etc. Players that compete and care do not sit well with PWI.

Different priorities is all it is.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I hope this gets fixed..

As I scrolled through the thread, I saw A LOT more people unhappy about it then happy.

Yes, they "are" some alternative (demonfires outside and stoning in) but you see.. The server I am on, is a PvE one. People CHOOSE to play here to be "safe" from pking if they don't want to.

Basiccly telling them "Forget those quests, they are not important" Hmm ok then let me repeat some things people said.

Silver frost

REQUIRED to get the chrono key and that quest chain going.

Answer from Frankie ? "If u can tackle him, u can fend off the pk'ers"

Yah , sorry I forgot that a team of 80+ can see stealthed sins 20 levels higher with or whitout R8/R9, my bad..What was I thinking...SHould be easy for them to kill them...

Qingzi

Granted, you can teleport to that part. But like it was said and I will repeat. Low levels don't all have that kind of money. If they can learn to stack, we are talking about a potential 35k a week to get their bh done. Now count the weps/armor they have to buy, skills to upgrade, pots to buy and dragon quest items worth nothing at that level and u will see that the "it's just 5k" is really not a good reasoning. News flash : Not everyone puts cash in game !!!

Wheel of Earth

Like it was said, a REQUIRED part of the whole token of the seven quest. Leading at the end with Noghtspike Bloodguard to kill (if I recall right). Now, if u can't get that single piece, you will not even be able to finish that quest that "I" found fun to do with all the bosses..

So I dunno, but seems pretty messed up to me, and I litterally force msyelf to stay as polite as possible. I will say one thing out loud though. It is not directed to Frankie, it is directed to the one who messed up the patch probably in China before it was brought here :

YOU , SIR (OR LADY), ARE A ****ING MORON
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You may have a point about the cave but I'd have to scope it out sometime before I agree with it.

The only thing I remember about it was that it is a really far away place with a confusing incorrectly oriented map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.