PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• Dess - Heavens Tear
    Dess - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Seriously, whoever made SP a pvp arena, needs a swift kick in the ****. I just got PKed 3 times in less than 10 mins while trying to do the Wheel of Earth quest in SP. Switch the damn thing back to how it was. Jackasses are making it nigh impossible to do ANY quest in there right now.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Seriously, whoever made SP a pvp arena, needs a swift kick in the ****. I just got PKed 3 times in less than 10 mins while trying to do the Wheel of Earth quest in SP. Switch the damn thing back to how it was. Jackasses are making it nigh impossible to do ANY quest in there right now.

If you notice it is all the same faction doing it. And the same ppl been in there for an hour. I've seen them kill the same girl about 15 times. It is sad, this game has become nothing for high lvl ppl. That they have to sit and camp an instance to kill low lvl ppl who would come in to quest. Before this, the high lvls were ONLY in there to help the low lvls... Gor***** from E****e has actually killed near everyone who has even tried to get in. Pathetic, really. They call this bullying on a playground, which from what I can see is where most of these players belong.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Like every pvp zone I have seen in any game that have pve servers, the place will be dead soon.
    Pve players will stop going there since they have no interest in pvp, and pvp players will stop when there are no easy targets left. In a cupple of months we will hear the same "there is no place to pvp" again.
    The result will be that we have a few less quest to do at low level and a dead zone.
    Nothing else.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    After that maybe a fresh newbie would come there to get surprise 1 shot. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Like every pvp zone I have seen in any game that have pve servers, the place will be dead soon.
    Pve players will stop going there since they have no interest in pvp, and pvp players will stop when there are no easy targets left. In a cupple of months we will hear the same "there is no place to pvp" again.
    The result will be that we have a few less quest to do at low level and a dead zone.
    Nothing else.

But how many valuable new players will PWI lose during that time? Many I would expect. Not to mention the bad word of mouth they will spread. How many loser bully PKrs will they lose, none.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You people blow this **** way out of proportion without even getting to know your high levels. Maybe your servers are bad (though I doubt it), but I've been in there twice already with my friends, and no one has gotten spam killed just walking past as far as I know.

As I went to SZ to take a **** and afk, I heard people say in common "but we're afraid to pass blah blah blah"

and I was like just go, you won't have problems unless you die to mobs.

and they went. Half of it is the players' mentality. Just walk past like you've always walked past people in SP. If you get spam killed then come back and tell us about it, but don't ***** b4 you try.

This my experience: if someone is actively attacking, eventually someone will fight him/her simply because people want PK. He's not going to be camping low levels and left alone for long. Doesn't even matter how others feel about spam killing lowbies, they will fight this guy just because they want to fight.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Darkwraith - Raging Tide
    Darkwraith - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you notice it is all the same faction doing it. And the same ppl been in there for an hour. I've seen them kill the same girl about 15 times. It is sad, this game has become nothing for high lvl ppl. That they have to sit and camp an instance to kill low lvl ppl who would come in to quest. Before this, the high lvls were ONLY in there to help the low lvls... Gor***** from E****e has actually killed near everyone who has even tried to get in. Pathetic, really. They call this bullying on a playground, which from what I can see is where most of these players belong.

Yep, there is already a bunch on the Ragging Tide server doing the same thing. The names are different, but the actions are the same, and not going to waste a charm or anymore cash on the game until something is changed. So much for SP b:surrender
  • Tiduswarrior - Heavens Tear
    Tiduswarrior - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    will all who say that you can get into SP by illusion stone shut up for once in your life. If ya guys had any idiotic idea as to what the low lvls do in SP, then you are more stupid than you appear. Here are the facts as follows:

1. shade eido is required in a quest for lvl 30s

2. guardian demonfires are also part of a quest in the 30s.

3.dismal shade is required for lvl 40 timed quest.

4. silver frost required for chrono key in quest called wraiths ploy.

5. ancient evils are required for the crimson pendant for lvl 30s.

6. wheel of earth required for the token of the seven.

7.celestial painting for the statues quest for fb39

so dont go telling us tht you get to go into SP once. There are alot of ppl who like doing quests, bhs, grinding and arent pk crazed. so why dont ya pk crazed idiots stuff it. All we are after is the peace and quiet of questing. If ya want to go pk, reopen the arenas where pk should be put instead of havin it in an instance tht has other ppl who have quests in there to be bothered by some high lvl sucker who are preying on the weak. so far ive been pked least 4x already just for trying to help a low lvl with bosses and im not goin to spend 18k ust to get into hall of deception. I also have a low lvl toon tht will be needing dismal shade soon and i think its pure stupidity 101 to have pk in an instance where ppl have quests or boss kills. Id like to see the pking in SP come to an immediate end soon or the complaining bout this pking in SP will continue and its giving this game a bad reputation of **** things up with the new players.
  • Dess - Heavens Tear
    Dess - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    and no one has gotten spam killed as far as I know.

Im on Heavens Tear, and my cleric has gotten killed by the same sin 5 times now. If thats not spam killing, i dont know what is.

I think the decision to change SP to a PvP arena is a monumentally bad idea, and should be changed back ASAP.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    I guess it's just HT being a suck server then :S

Maybe HT just need to stop sucking so bad and ruining it for the other servers then.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Revlax - Archosaur
    Revlax - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My only concerns are that there are mobs in there that are required for completing quests that are not found outside of the instance (Silverfrost, Shade Endo-however you spell his name) and that you are forcing newbies to spend so-and-so coin to teleport into the instance, as well as those who wish to help them.

Yeah I agree. PLUS WTF!! I wanna save coin from not teleing -___- now I gotta deal with the ignorance of higher lvs. The peace of questing in there is forever gone. This update is like a bullet to the foot. I mean come on it was bad enough when helping lowbies without getting yourself killed from random pkers now this BS. Make a completely new damn instance where you can pk/pvp all you effing want instead of turning something that requires a team; friendly environment into harassment and death all over. I mean have you GMs seen how cocky and aggressive some of these players can get?
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Its hilarious how quick the were to change official announcements to reflect this and seemingly never saw fit to add Goonz glitching as bannable to the list despite requests - guess it proves how little they really cared and how pathetic their attempts were at enforcement....

PKing in room one of the cube - officially bad!

Goonz Glitching - unofficially tolerated unless you catch the one post hidden deep in a 100 page thread in which case officially bad - dodn't see that post well you are good to go then!

back to topic..
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You people blow this **** way out of proportion without even getting to know your high levels. Maybe your servers are bad (though I doubt it), but I've been in there twice already with my friends, and no one has gotten spam killed just walking past as far as I know.

As I went to SZ to take a **** and afk, I heard people say in common "but we're afraid to pass blah blah blah"

and I was like just go, you won't have problems unless you die to mobs.

and they went. Half of it is the players' mentality. Just walk past like you've always walked past people in SP. If you get spam killed then come back and tell us about it, but don't ***** b4 you try.

This my experience: if someone is actively attacking, eventually someone will fight him/her simply because people want PK. He's not going to be camping low levels and left alone for long. Doesn't even matter how others feel about spam killing lowbies, they will fight this guy just because they want to fight.

That isn't the case on HT. If you will notice where most of the complaints are coming from, this is the server. One specific faction has camped this area for the past 3 hours. I stood in there. Til this one nice sweet lvl 75 cleric came in and asked if anyone could help with SilverFrost, I said sure. But I'm only trying once.. if they kill me I'm not cming back. Then I was pkd the second I stepped out of sz. So we went in again.. and I went in stealth and we got past.. I got silver frost almost dead and some jerk swoooped in and killed the cleric and she missed getting her culti done. Who wants this freaking aggravation. PPl can't do the simplest things and I don't have a charm but I'd be ticked if I did. This is ridiculous.
    Im on Heavens Tear, and my cleric has gotten killed by the same sin 5 times now. If thats not spam killing, i dont know what is.

I think the decision to change SP to a PvP arena is a monumentally bad idea, and should be changed back ASAP.

I watched.. and they just keep killing. Its just 1 faction at this point.

Maybe HT just need to stop sucking so bad and ruining it for the other servers then.

Notice that HT is a PVE server.. this is why I would imagine its not as big of a deal on the pvp servers. Kind of like giving your kid responsibility to see how they deal with it, someppl on HT have shown they can't handle it.. It shouldn't be that hard to show restraint and allow low lvl ppl to do their quests.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You people blow this **** way out of proportion

I am so glad on your ONE server you are not being harassed... as MANY MANY players are stating on THEIR server which is NOT yours... they are being constantly camped by high level players who all belong to one of the top TW factions who are abusing this new change. CONGRATS... you got it good. Now **** cause you obviously are NOT on the servers we are on and are not being harassed as a level 30-70 level character trying to finish a quest or help someone who is trying.

I have personal experience as I have tried both as one of my lower alts and my higher level character on a PVE server. I love how anyone who supports this change happens to come from a server that has NO problems with childish harassment and thinks we are all just making up stories to complain.... PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A$$ cause you are not witnessing what we are seeing and TRYING to get past. Unlike some of the TROLLS on the forums who just complain about everything anyone says... we are actual PLAYERS who dont all have level 100+ characters who actually DO want to quest and play the PVE content WITH OUT your supported PVP harassment. And yes your comments of just dismissing our complaints as nothing is just SUPPORTING their harassment. Thanks for your comment now bugger off!
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Completely ignoring the posts from people on Sanctuary experiencing the same things? So you proclaim it isn't a problem, so therefore it must not be? I have an idea: Why not actually read the thread? Or are you skipping through to the end again, not giving a damn about the beginning and middle?

The "fact" (and I use that term loosely since I don't have much faith in your powers of observation, given that you seem to wear your special high level blinders most of the time) that you didn't actually see anybody being ganked while in there "twice with your friends" doesn't mean it's not happening.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    I am so glad on your ONE server you are not being harassed... as MANY MANY players are stating on THEIR server which is NOT yours... they are being constantly camped by high level players who all belong to one of the top TW factions who are abusing this new change. CONGRATS... you got it good. Now **** cause you obviously are NOT on the servers we are on and are not being harassed as a level 30-70 level character trying to finish a quest or help someone who is trying.

I have personal experience as I have tried both as one of my lower alts and my higher level character on a PVE server. I love how anyone who supports this change happens to come from a server that has NO problems with childish harassment and thinks we are all just making up stories to complain.... PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A$$ cause you are not witnessing what we are seeing and TRYING to get past. Unlike some of the TROLLS on the forums who just complain about everything anyone says... we are actual PLAYERS who dont all have level 100+ characters who actually DO want to quest and play the PVE content WITH OUT your supported PVP harassment. And yes your comments of just dismissing our complaints as nothing is just SUPPORTING their harassment. Thanks for your comment now bugger off!

I'm the ONE server that doesn't, or you're on the one server that sucks?

Look at other people's posts from LC, HL, even Sanct. Are you just mad because your server sucks? Or are you just attacking people who don't agree with you? Maybe they should just reverse the change for your trash server and let everyone else be?
    Completely ignoring the posts from people on Sanctuary experiencing the same things? So you proclaim it isn't a problem, so therefore it must not be? I have an idea: Why not actually read the thread? Or are you skipping through to the end again, not giving a damn about the beginning and middle?

The "fact" (and I use that term loosely since I don't have much faith in your powers of observation, given that you seem to wear your special high level blinders most of the time) that you didn't actually see anybody being ganked while in there "twice with your friends" doesn't mean it's not happening.

Didn't remember seeing you in there either, can you say that it's happening with definite proof? We were in there for about 4 hours total, interrupted in the middle by CoA. Players from other major factions were in there and not in my squad, and they were not attacking any lowbie they see either. You don't really get Sanct politics do you? The major factions usually try to make themselves look good to the rest of the server, except for a few in Vind I guess. Sanct has a way of ganging up on the one "bad" faction. Not even Vindis were doing it when we were in there. They were just standing around waiting for a fight. I can literally take my 6x alt, walk up to most members of a major faction, and punch him. They might attack back if I do something like Roar + double spark. Haven't you ever heard the term "Tea Party?" That's people talking about Sanct PK.

Like I said, even if it does happen, no spam killer would be around for long before someone, self-righteous or not, attacks him just to have a fight.
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Another lazy, pathetic, brain dead move by the games staff. And the fact that Frankie and other PWI lackeys are soooo happy about it is even more pathetic. It's to the point that I only stick around here to see how they top the last stupid move they made.

Youve got arena instances already programmed, how god damned hard is it to turn them on? No, youd rather **** up an instance that IS needed by low levels, no matter what excuses you try to use around that, and make it deadly for them even if not attacked directly.

I hope this wakes up new players before they sink a ton of cash into your boutique. Especially the ones that joined pve servers so they could enjoy their quest in peace. Trust me new guys, the game doesnt get any better, quite the contrary. After they get done **** with your quest at low levels they'll bore you to death at the high levels with no content.

By the way this isnt QQing, this is straight up rage. I cant believe this company has lasted as long as it has. PWI is a ray of hope for morons everywhere.
  • WidowDee - Heavens Tear
    WidowDee - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Shouldn't players who want to pk be on a pk server? Heaven's Tear is a pve server.

This has made it a very IMperfect world for those of us who chose pve server because WE DON'T WANT TO PK!!!

Now many of the low levels are dying needlessly because the tough lvl 100+ players can show just how important they are by 1 hitting lvl 29s who are just trying to complete a quest. This is so unfair. Also, a lvl 29 is struggling to get enough coins for skills and gear. 5k is a lot for them to have to pay to do a quest.

BTW, I am a lvl 102 cleric. i do not pk nor do i want to. My goal is to do my quests and help others complete theirs, not kill someone for bragging rights.

I am disgusted by this decision. Guess it does no good to complain about it though. Nothing will be done since the devs don't really care about anyone they THINK doesn't pay for the game. And i have spent a lot of $$$. b:surrender

Rift is looking a lot better every day. b:infuriatedb:irritatedb:angryb:fatb
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Didn't remember seeing you in there either, can you say that it's happening with definite proof? We were in there for about 4 hours total, interrupted in the middle by CoA. Players from other major factions were in there and not in my squad, and they were not attacking any lowbie they see either. You don't really get Sanct politics do you? The major factions usually try to make themselves look good to the rest of the server, except for a few in Vind I guess. Not even Vindis were doing it when we were in there. They were just standing around waiting for a fight.

I'm not even going to bother going back over the last several pages and quoting sanc players who HAVE had problems and posted about it. If you REALLY want to know (which I seriously doubt), you'll do it yourself.

And no, I have absolutely zero interest in your clique politics. Believe it or not, by far the VAST majority of players choose not to play in the so-called "major" factions. Why? Because we don't think they're as important as you all hold yourselves out to be. Besides, as far as I can tell they're not much more than hotbeds of cheating these days anyway, not the kind of people I choose to hang out with. So consider me unimpressed.

But this has nothing at ALL to do with SP. I didn't hear people saying the major factions on sanc are ganking. I DID hear them saying high levels are repeatedly killing people going in for/helping with quests. Some of these people are my friends. So yeah, that's proof enough for me.
  • YingFei - Dreamweaver
    YingFei - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Mkay I feel like sharing a cool story.

Back in the day when I just started playing perfect world...
    it was a Pvp-server, i had no choice yet tho.
    I was a cute little cleric who just hit his 30 and asked his guild to help him with fb29. I had no idea about illusion stone. I just started playing lol.
    Full squad (yeah ppl used to do fbs for rep/exp those days) and we go to SP and squad leader (omg high lv cleric lv 80) says "now wait, i'll ask those guys to let us go"
    and she went to all those big scary guys with big shiny axes/wands and asked "guys, don't kill me and my noob, we're doing fb"
    Next moment she was dead. "ok, wait a sec" -2nd cleric rez'd her
    "guys, please"
    Well they let us go and once we pass to next door my "high lv" gets killed again, along with me. We get rez from our second cleric and get rez-killed again...
    ...I think I was lv 34 when I quitted - "whats the point in playing the game when you can't complete your quests?" - had a lot of quests in SP "hanging"

End of coolstory.

Let your cute noobs quest peacefully, PWE. they will level up (maybe) and (maybe) bring money.

Also, Y U NO USE ARENA?!
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm the ONE server that doesn't, or you're on the one server that sucks?

Look at other people's posts from LC, HL. Are you just mad because your server sucks? Or are you just attacking people who don't agree with you? Maybe they should just reverse the change for your trash server and let everyone else be?

No Im just replying to idiotic comments like yours who think they can just dismiss anyones complaint just because YOU dont see any problem on YOUR server. If it sucks or not should matter to YOU. I think its YOU who is choosing to trash the complaints of others here. Love your mentality of if YOU dont see it no one else should complain. Makes as much sense as PWE embracing a blunder they made one week after they did it with some poor excuse as it was intended when they didnt bother to change their own posted rules or inform the players of the change till everyone starts to complain.
  • MasonLegacy - Archosaur
    MasonLegacy - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *clap,clap,clap,clap* You just earned the Idiot award. Why would you do that, It would be fine on pvp server. Thats why Players like to play on PVE SERVERS! They don't want to get pk if they are not in pvp mode, that why it's there.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    So you're saying because of YOUR crappy server, every server's SP should be reversed? Isn't that just as selfish and stupid?

PK-able SP has brought along cheap PK that a LOT of players are enjoying. Players who would not be white named otherwise are having fun coming out and fighting. Players who would otherwise AFK are actively doing something.

So yes, I enjoy PK-able SP, and obviously I would defend it. Just because some server situation is SO BAD doesn't mean they should demand reversal for everyone else.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    I totally agree. Its idiotic to have a button to switch off PK mode for players then some developer blunders in thinking all of PWI want to PVP on all servers. Customer Service is now sending out blanket responses pointing to this thread while they have failed change the posted rules. This leads me to believe the company made a huge blunder. You dont roll out a change like this where it impacts so many people and not change the posted rules or send out an email to those players who have made the choice to be on a PVE server. This is a complete failure on the part of the developers.

rules in log-in are changed. but, if we haven't used up our tiny bit of GM attention already, then tell them to consider this:

new players will quit the game when they are mercilessly harassed trying to get their quests done. and that means what, you say? LESS MONEY SPENT IN YOUR CASH SHOP.

okay, as said before, it's a business and, like in any other business, you blatantly **** over your customers, you lose them AND their revenue. so the devs are too lazy to fix it. or, more likely they just don't give a **** about the game or their customers.

but even really stupid business owners better care about the lost revenue b:angry

/rant over.. for now b:cry
  • seaspray0
    seaspray0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I've been killed 3 times in there in the last 2 days and all I wanted to do was quest. The game dev's claim that players wanted an area where players could pvp and not lose gear. Well this has already existed. It's called a DUEL and it can be done ANYWHERE. Allowing players to force pvp against low lvl blue names is nothing more than allowing bullies to harrass other players. I just got my barb to lvl40 and I can't find a squad to run BH29 because of all the PK that has been going on there. How am I supposed to learn how to play my character how it should be played in a squad? Part of the challenge is to complete BH29 with other players at the same level, all pushing their ablilities to new heights. It makes us better players. The lobby of the secret passage has traditionally been the place where players squaded. Now it's deserted. The only way I can get BH29 now is to get a high level player to solo me through it. There is absolutely no fun in that. PWI, I was excited to hit lvl 40 so I could do my BH and play my part in a squad. Now you've screwed that all to hell.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    seaspray0 wrote: »
    I've been killed 3 times in there in the last 2 days and all I wanted to do was quest. The game dev's claim that players wanted an area where players could pvp and not lose gear. Well this has already existed. It's called a DUEL and it can be done ANYWHERE. Allowing players to force pvp against low lvl blue names is nothing more than allowing bullies to harrass other players. I just got my barb to lvl40 and I can't find a squad to run BH29 because of all the PK that has been going on there. How am I supposed to learn how to play my character how it should be played in a squad? Part of the challenge is to complete BH29 with other players at the same level, all pushing their ablilities to new heights. It makes us better players. The lobby of the secret passage has traditionally been the place where players squaded. Now it's deserted. The only way I can get BH29 now is to get a high level player to solo me through it. There is absolutely no fun in that. PWI, I was excited to hit lvl 40 so I could do my BH and play my part in a squad. Now you've screwed that all to hell.

I agree with you 100% except for the part about Dueling. Dueling is a lame excuse for PvP practice.

As I and many others have said simply flip the programming switches and re-open the original Arena where anyone Blue, White or Red can PvP with no XP loss or drops.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just went in with friends to timid to do real pk (where you lose GAs or gear) and everyone had a grand old time.

Yes there will definitely be some people who abuse it to pick on low level people but honestly, I leveled through those levels the real way and only spent like less than a day doing the quests in SP. It was a minor part of the game I quickly out grew. This new PK area has much more game play that will last people for all of their levels.

This new gameplay is definitely worth the sacrifice.

They could have added it to Cave of Sadistic Glee I suppose but that's like so far away in the middle of nowhere. Also you have the risk of mid level pvp being ruined by mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So you're saying because of YOUR crappy server, every server's SP should be reversed? Isn't that just as selfish and stupid?

PK-able SP has brought along cheap PK that a LOT of players are enjoying. Players who would not be white named otherwise are having fun coming out and fighting. Players who would otherwise AFK are actively doing something.

So yes, I enjoy PK-able SP, and obviously I would defend it. Just because some server situation is SO BAD doesn't mean they should demand reversal for everyone else.

Quilue, I play mainly on HT, where the new SP pk is a problem(numerous friends and factionmates can't get quests done), but I have alts on Sanctuary too. So I logged an alt on Sanctuary and went into Secret passage and you know what happened? PK'ed twice on a lowbie archer while trying to run through. I never even made it past the first room. So thank you high levels for handing me my butt while I try to run through your precious PK playground. PK in SP needs to be removed period. Get your fun at someone else's expense. b:angry
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just went in with friends to timid to do real pk (where you lose GAs or gear) and everyone had a grand old time.

Yes there will definitely be some people who abuse it to pick on low level people but honestly, I leveled through those levels the real way and only spent like less than a day doing the quests in SP. It was a minor part of the game I quickly out grew. This new PK area has much more game play that will last people for all of their levels.

This new gameplay is definitely worth the sacrifice.

They could have added it to Cave of Sadistic Glee I suppose but that's like so far away in the middle of nowhere. Also you have the risk of mid level pvp being ruined by mobs.

Yeah, for you it was a day, for everyone else it'll be a month trying to get to and get done the mobs and bosses they need. Oh and I'm sorry, but what exactly are you sacrificing??? You aren't even willing to fly a little to PK where low levels doing quests aren't. b:angry
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    I'm not even going to bother going back over the last several pages and quoting sanc players who HAVE had problems and posted about it. If you REALLY want to know (which I seriously doubt), you'll do it yourself.

And no, I have absolutely zero interest in your clique politics. Believe it or not, by far the VAST majority of players choose not to play in the so-called "major" factions. Why? Because we don't think they're as important as you all hold yourselves out to be. Besides, as far as I can tell they're not much more than hotbeds of cheating these days anyway, not the kind of people I choose to hang out with. So consider me unimpressed.

But this has nothing at ALL to do with SP. I didn't hear people saying the major factions on sanc are ganking. I DID hear them saying high levels are repeatedly killing people going in for/helping with quests. Some of these people are my friends. So yeah, that's proof enough for me.

It doesn't interest me what you think of those people or their politics, what I just pointed out is simply something that dictates the behavior of most of the best-geared and highest levels on the server. I would know, not just because I am familiar with TW politics. I used to wade through the most "jack ***" on the server to turn in scroll quests for DT, and no one bothers me 9/10 times even during the long, long duration of turning in scrolls. It's not because of my gear either, I was outnumbered 10 to 1.

Then again, if a bunch of people with R8 are walking into SP, they might get attacked because people expect high levels to give them a fight. I'll admit that one - I was talking about lowbies.
This discussion has been closed.