PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• wyattpage
    wyattpage Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i dont know how to play helm me plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:cry
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wyattpage wrote: »
    i dont know how to play helm me plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b:cry

uninstall the game. go find something better to do with your time, don't get started on this game.

i'm only staying myself now because of the friends i've made here, but it's not worth it to start from scratch anymore. don't even try to learn, go find some competing MMO to play instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is I like this but I hate it as well there are monsters in there that aren't anywhere else like some of the ones deeper in there the poison ones I don't think those are outside. There are several bosses in there that aren't outside. There are skeletons in there that can only be found in there near shade eido. Those aren't outside the thing.

The fire looking things that are called demon fires in a lower level form of them they are only in there they aren't outside at all. There are at least 4-5 quests in there that require you to fight mobs in there that are ONLY in there for low levels. And level 39 culti requires you to fight dismal shade at the END of that place.

I like the idea its just a bad place or way to implement it I commend you frankie though for a nice timely response to the complaining....sorta

This isn't even aimed at you frankie its aimed at the devs I know your just doing your job.

b:surrender and all those PvE care bears need to get get off that argument that its a pve server so there should be no pvp Pressa is a mostly a care bear and trust me PvP is worth keeping in the PvE servers. Stop bashing what you don't understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vulcanelf
    vulcanelf Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If players have been asking for a place like this for a long time, couldn't you have included a dungeon in one of the expansions that brought us the Tideborn or Earthguard races. It would have been more reasonable then putting it in an area that is required for many quests, including level 29 Call to Duty.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I like the idea its just a bad place or way to implement it I commend you frankie though for a nice timely response to the complaining....sorta

This isn't even aimed at you frankie its aimed at the devs I know your just doing your job.

b:surrender and all those PvE care bears need to get get off that argument that its a pve server so there should be no pvp Pressa is a mostly a care bear and trust me PvP is worth keeping in the PvE servers. Stop bashing what you don't understand.

Pressa... stop promoting the harassment. People choose NOT to pvp on a pve server. When you force pvp on pve players and allow players to harass other players who go as far as tell those players wanting to PVP they need to pass for a quest and those players choose to exploit this change its harassment. Those who wish to pvp players have numerous places to PK and have dedicated servers to practice their PVP skills and yet those of us who wish to play in a PVE server are now being forced to PVP if we wish to follow quest chains. Any one making statements like your that us care bears should just get over it... is doing just like the company developers, GMs, and now MODs in promoting harassment in the game. Its even more insulting for you to comment anyone against PVP on a PVE server doesnt understand PVP. I have played other games and have been successful on PVP servers and enjoyed it... I do NOT wish to play PVP in this game. Being forced to either avoid SP or participate in PVP is an ignorant joke.

I am ashamed to hear you make such a statement as I have agreed with your other replies on this topic.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Honestly, frankie.

If you can't do jack about what the CN servers force-feed you, at least have the stones to admit that rather than give us a painfully transparent justification.

And then, y'know, give us a line to Wanmei so we can yell at them. That'd help. >_>

Not gonna say anything else on the subject for now. <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

You got 28 pages so far of so-called"Questions",what are you waiting for?
    And,if you do please,you can edit the first post instead of making people browsing 30+ pages for a non-existing answer.

But I bet everything you may say could be:
    "China did this blah blah we don't have any power to change the game blah blah we will e-mail the devs in china and see what we can do blah blah but we can't guarantee anything as we're just here to take yo money and do nothing else than getting mindlessy the patch from bossy china blah blah"

Im I correct ?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is ABSOLUTELY ONE OF THEE WORST THINGS YOUVE EVER DONE!!!! First off most of the mobs needed ARE NOT outside. Shade Eido, Dismal Shade, The Pendant, The demon fires,The wheel (chest you have to dig before Silver Frost room).. SilverFrost... Plus you are also now telling low levels.. Oh use the Illusion stone... spend more of your money on us cause high lvl idiots will kill you and harass you now for ****s and giggles and their illustrious PK count. Plus if your low level.. there is a glitch (gee what a fing surprise) that allows the lieutenant and the tombstones in the last room to attack you even when you tele in cause you stand for a instant or so in the doorway and bop.. your dead..

Bravo PWI for making the game even worse for new players and low level players... NOT....
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

Okay, so when does Goon glitching become exempt from banishment? Oh, and editing client files?
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    after giving this some more thought, i have to say it does look more and more like a bad decision from devs. the location is just stupid and i really see little point in having an instance like this. if ppl want to pk they go into pk mode right?

this was rushed or accidental and dissapointed alot more ppl than it pleased.

edit: well its clearly a wanted thing from ppl who like pvp and the pvers clearly not gonna stop hating on this. so why not make a copy of SP instance? and have players enter through a npc, choosing between pvp or pve? for once everyone will be happy.
  • xnms
    xnms Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Drop another instance of the tower beside Secret Passage, connect the door to another instance of the inside of the tower and make it pvp. Problem fixed in less time than it took me to type this post. This is not a hard problem to fix. Why force low level players into a situation where they can no longer continue their game?
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    xnms wrote: »
    Drop another instance of the tower beside Secret Passage, connect the door to another instance of the inside of the tower and make it pvp. Problem fixed in less time than it took me to type this post. This is not a hard problem to fix. Why force low level players into a situation where they can no longer continue their game?

Thisb:victory
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Either ^ that

or look into the three empty instance portals near the tide born lands. there's one smack dab in the water near 3 ancient water dragon lookin' things On the map it's called: Temple of the dragon.

and Shrine of the tides.

AND Lake of blood behind The tideborns elder's castle, thingymabob. (there's even a portal behind it on the ground which since day one of the expansion never worked.)

if anyone can tell me what the hell those are used for (cause i sure as hell cant find anything about the three on ecatomb, nor on PWwikiw, or i'm not searching hard enough)
    but i'm not teleported anywhere if i walk into either one.

srsly....
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    or look into the three empty instance portals near the tide born lands. there's one smack dab in the water near 3 ancient water dragon lookin' things

and Shrine of the tides.

AND Lake of blood behind The tideborns elder's castle, thingymabob. (there's even a portal behind it on the ground which since day one of the expansion never worked.)

if anyone can tell me what the hell those are used for (cause i sure as hell cant find anything about the three on ecatomb, nor on PWwikiw, or i'm not searching hard enough)
    but i'm not teleported anywhere if i walk into either one.

the one in the water by the dragons is the "entrance" to dragon temple. it has never worked to actually get you into dragon temple, same as how the city of abominations portal by silver pool goes nowhere.

shrine of the tides doesn't even have a teleporter, last i checked. it's a non-entrance to nowhere, just empty scenery on the map that has no use.

the portal in lake of blood behind raging tides elder actually does work, it puts you in the elder's house. just a shortcut into raging tides city if you're in lake of blood for some reason. and the portal in the elder's house, of course, teleports you up into cloud whatever --- the flying platform above the city. it works too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • blazingstars2
    blazingstars2 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Went to kill dismal for a friend since I am of a lev to do so. Gave it 6 tries before I finally had to tell the guy I could do it if I could get there which as you can see I cant. Its been 4 days and needless to say he gave up trying to get it done because everyone got PKed before they could get to the room.
    I assume since PW implimented this and its supposed to be a well thought out game (heavy sarcam) that they have a remedy for this. I just wish they would share it with us commoners. b:angry
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    the problem is this is not pvp. it's high lvl cowards 1 shotting lowbies, how is this pvp? i stood in there for over an hour the other nite and no one bothered me. but everytime a low lvl came in some high lvl would drop them. that sure doesn't show me how bad they are. i agree there is a need for a place for pvp but this isn't it. w.arch and silverpool are too laggy with the crowds so an instance for pvp would be a good idea. but this is a very poorly thought out implimentation. i don't see how a lvl100 can get any satisfaction out of dropping a low lvl in this manner. personally i think they should be ashamed. if you want to pvp go against someone near your own lvl. then you can be proud of what you've done. as it is now i just consider you cowards and bullies.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options

This is a great idea but the one problem is there is no one who will push for the rest of us to convince China their player base on pve servers are really pissed and promote the idea. Make no mistake this WAS a blunder on the part of the design/programming team as all other enhancements and changes as large as this have been promoted, rolled out and given fanfare. This was a major blunder and now they are trying to cover it up trying not to admit someone screwed up. How can those players who enjoy PVE content and try to actually promote the game actually have faith in PWE to actively promote their product when the company either blunders or does such a POOR example of rolling out something as controversial.

While we now have it confirmed in this thread they have still not changed the opening message when players log in. We spent a week not sure if this was an error or intentional and most of us are still not convinced this was a blunder. Its even more embarrassing to see PWE customer service to now send out blanket replies to tickets pointing to this thread as the answer when they never sent out a blanket statement to all of the players when the patch was introduced. My FB has lit up with friends who play PWI over if players will leave the game and find a different game or stick with PWI and endure the harassment any time any of us need to go into Secret Passage. I personally not promote this game until it is fixed ending the forced PVP and flying in SP. That is MY choice as I disagree with any company that supports harassment to make a profit.
  • swetdeaths
    swetdeaths Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Went to kill dismal for a friend since I am of a lev to do so. Gave it 6 tries before I finally had to tell the guy I could do it if I could get there which as you can see I cant. Its been 4 days and needless to say he gave up trying to get it done because everyone got PKed before they could get to the room.
    I assume since PW implimented this and its supposed to be a well thought out game (heavy sarcam) that they have a remedy for this. I just wish they would share it with us commoners. b:angry

Had the same problem -.- couldn't help a friend to do shade eido
    I mean required for completing quests that are not found outside of the instance and most of them cant be killed by players who need it so... They need high level help.

I play in sanctuary server cuz I dont like PK. For ppl they like it is great. But I got a blue name for a reason.

Besides isn't cool for someone to have to pay 5k coin to get inside a cave that was easy to get into. Unless u make the tele stone free.b:lipcurl
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well, this thread provided some good entertainment for the day while half afk farming Nirvana b:victory.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options

So far the MODs have shared the company feels the answer to your question is FU... you dont need to go there. I personally am ashamed of PWE developers from first the blunder to the poor implementation, to the poor customer service responses, to the lack of information given to the MODs from the developers and the overall shame in their promotion of harassment going against their own established rules which are posted and are still not changed after a week. I cant complain too much about the pathetic losers on lvl 100+ characters hitting lower level players and people trying to assist them as they have shown they will exploit the game anyway they can find. I find total fault with PWE and its programmers for putting out such a poor product change.
  • Chuck_N - Lost City
    Chuck_N - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol @ everyone complaining. Seriously, what more could you expect from this game? When packs came out people complained. When 8jun was made a lot cheaper people complained. When 9jun was made cheaper people complained. And guess what? Nothing was done and people got over it. This isn't even as game breaking as any of those were...
  • rustyhummer
    rustyhummer Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    game breaking ..no .removal of freedom of choice....yes
  • Surekill - Heavens Tear
    Surekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    there also 2 port that go no where. one is next to 1k stream and the other is next in the land of buried boned theres a cave there they can use. b:victory
    my join date is off by 2 yearsb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is not a hard problem to fix. Why force low level players into a situation where they can no longer continue their game?

It would not be hard to fix if this game was run by a serious gaming company like Blizzard or NCsoft. They hire competent developers.

Everytime I see the blunders PW devs makes, I'm left wondering how incompetent they are. And the worst thing is that everytime they succeed in sinking even lower than they did before....

For one good thing they implement, they fail miserably nine times afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Don't mind the PK instance that is all good, but as for not affecting cultivation that is not correct. The Pup (next to dismal is need for OHT chain) and that is needed for the final demon/sage cultivation. Need to move the Pup or remove from the cultivation.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    swetdeaths wrote: »
    Besides isn't cool for someone to have to pay 5k coin to get inside a cave that was easy to get into. Unless u make the tele stone free.b:lipcurl

I made this point personally to frankie, and he said "It's only 5k." My response was that 5k can add up rather quickly when considering BHs are 3 times a day, and Qingzi is the only boss in his isntance. I was semi-satisfied with his next response. He said he is going to talk to China to see, if all else fails, if we can get the cost on the Hall of Deception teleport either reduced or removed entirely.
  • okiecowgirl70
    okiecowgirl70 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:angryI dont think open pk in secret pass is a good thing. I have alot of problems going in to do fb29 and take forever to get the low lvl in the instance cause of them being pkd. PW should have made a new spot for this not in an instance. We went in to do frost today for a guild member and a few 101's got pk'd by a group of pker's. This is not right. PW should rethink this before people start quiting because of it. I know someone that has quit the game over this.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Yes, but on a PVE server, PvP should be entirely optional, and not forced, like in SP or in the cube.

PvP should be restricted to PvP areas, like they do in other games, likes Guild wars, for exemple. You want to PvP, you go into one of the PvP area of the game. You don't want to PvP, you don't go in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol @ everyone complaining. Seriously, what more could you expect from this game? When packs came out people complained. When 8jun was made a lot cheaper people complained. When 9jun was made cheaper people complained. And guess what? Nothing was done and people got over it. This isn't even as game breaking as any of those were...

The difference between the your examples is game packs are things from the cash shop and the vast majority of us who choose to play on a PVE server who make multiple alts and dont power level them thru FC dont buy $700 in packs. This is now changing the entire concept of a PVE server and has now changed how the average player who comes to the game as a hobby not a profession. This blunder will not recruit more players who wish to play in a PVE environment and is currently causing several players to seek other MMOs to play. While that may seem to be a perk to those who wish to play childish in SP by harassing other players it should not be embraced by the company who will not only lose players but lose people who do the recruiting to the game.

And while I appreciate your opinion that this isnt game breaking as the cash shop packs... I would have to disagree as I have currently lost 3 in my faction who dont do the whole QQ im quitting and spend weeks having 'leaving the game' sales in a catshop or personal letter to everyone in the forum. These people are solid social players who engage in active play and did purchase zen to use on each of their alts. I would have to say this new blunder will soon make those past choices look like small bumps in the road. PWE has now vastly changed game play on PVE servers turning ALL their servers now into PVP servers as players who follow quest chains and bring spouses and friends into play the game with them will now discover they do NOT get to choose a PVE server to mean a choice in being PK.

I do hope you enjoy the changes as the type of player to play on PVE server has just gone from solid casual social players to childish PVP players who cant handle the full out PVP servers and find they can power level to the top buying their gear thru the cash shop and then spending their time not practicing their PVP skills but merely harassing low level players who stumble into Secret Passage not knowing of the blunder PWE has chosen to embrace.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I made this point personally to frankie, and he said "It's only 5k." My response was that 5k can add up rather quickly when considering BHs are 3 times a day, and Qingzi is the only boss in his isntance. I was semi-satisfied with his next response. He said he is going to talk to China to see, if all else fails, if we can get the cost on the Hall of Deception teleport either reduced or removed entirely.

I realize you are bound to the company but making excuses to embrace this forced change in game play with more exploits to get around a blunder by the developers is not giving those of us who are furious at this change much hope the company will actually make any changes other then to embrace their mistake. I hope he passes on the huge number of different players who are against this blunder and appeal to them to reconsider this change as it is only promoting harassment on PVE servers.
This discussion has been closed.