PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I made this point personally to frankie, and he said "It's only 5k."

And this is the guy we have as a community manager? b:fatb This show how little he actually care about us players.

Please... bring back Spoon......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the one in the water by the dragons is the "entrance" to dragon temple. it has never worked to actually get you into dragon temple, same as how the city of abominations portal by silver pool goes nowhere.

shrine of the tides doesn't even have a teleporter, last i checked. it's a non-entrance to nowhere, just empty scenery on the map that has no use.

the portal in lake of blood behind raging tides elder actually does work, it puts you in the elder's house. just a shortcut into raging tides city if you're in lake of blood for some reason. and the portal in the elder's house, of course, teleports you up into cloud whatever --- the flying platform above the city. it works too.

If it has no use, they could of used that one for this all out pvp thing?
    Or do you mean it's nothing but scenery on the map but the instance it's referring to is in use? Cause i dont remember anyone ever saying or talking bout "Ima go to shrine of the tides, to do XXX or xxx"

and ty for clarifying the other 2 for me. Had just woken up and couldn't really find anything. or just looked past it half asleep lol.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    If it has no use, they could of used that one for this all out pvp thing?
    Or do you mean it's nothing but scenery on the map but the instance it's referring to is in use? Cause i dont remember anyone ever saying or talking bout "Ima go to shrine of the tides, to do XXX or xxx"

and ty for clarifying the other 2 for me. Had just woken up and couldn't really find anything. or just looked past it half asleep lol.

Lenie is saying that there is no instance connected there. There isn't even a teleporter that could be used to connect to an instance (like you see at FBs and other instances). It's just scenery.b:surrender
  • kjstorage
    kjstorage Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Quote:

1. This is the way the developers preferred to implement it. Still, we can bring this up as a possible alternative.

2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage. Our main concern was for lowbies getting ganked while trying to do mandatory quests. In any case, I'll also put this on the list of issues to send to the devs.

3. Weapon token quest can be obtained at (Edit: 20), right? You can tele in at 21, so yes, you would need to wait a couple levels to be able to bypass SP.

I'm compiling a list of your complaints and I'll forward them to the devs. We'll see if we can't resolve some of these issues in some way or another.

Please continue discussing; we're all ears.

All ears but nothing but a vacuum separating them.

Enable the Arenas that have been disabled for no good reason for years.

Consult, take a poll, THEN decide upon implementing changes.

The VAST majority of players on pve servers would vote against this ridiculous move, exemplified by the huge qty of posts on the subject already.

People actually form low level groups and get to know each other, collectively they can kill Silver but survive the R9 sin who kills them for sport.. so that statement is utter BS Frankie

Not everyone wants to be an enrage sheep so maybe they dont have access to huge qty's of high level bodyguards as suggested by some idiot previously.. not going to waste the seconds involved to find out who it was.

Low levels make low coin.. so why SHOULD they have to pay to quest by teleporting

New players dont generally have vast resources of high level help... why? because they are new and dont know anyone yet... stating the obvious to you senseless developers and game reps is something that is getting old.

Yes ppl will always complain about something.. but lets face it.. everything you have done and failed to do for the past week has done nothing but upset huge quantities of players.

If it isnt broken, dont fix it.. SP was fine as it was.. and for the record.. on the subject of fixing things... apply some of the ADHD energy you waste on **** peoples game play on fixing what has been left unaddressed for years.

The people on pve servers who do this kind of BS for sport and want more and more pvp facilities wouldnt last two seconds on a pvp dedicated server.. they are fail at pvp, fail at pve so their only recourse is to exact forced pk on pve only players.

I DARE you Frankie.. even in retrospect.. start a poll thread... canvass people on whether they want this change on their server... one person one vote..

You havent a clue what your customers needs, wants, likes and dislikes are.. UNTIL you implement things without thought or consultation and end up with a massive complaint thread.

You guys couldnt organise a bun fight in a bakery...ijs

Start the poll... lets see how many ppl ask for this ****.. since you blindly say a lot of ppl want it.. how many want it? got a figure? as opposed to how many who dont want it.

So many BS statements about things you havent got a clue about!!!!
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I would also like to point out that the mobs that are in the room where the telestone takes you will 1 shot most 29s trying to get in, they need to be removed if that is going to be their answer.
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Lenie is saying that there is no instance connected there. There isn't even a teleporter that could be used to connect to an instance (like you see at FBs and other instances). It's just scenery.b:surrender

But on the map it has a tag with a portal, meaning there was the intention of putting an instance entrance there O.o.

Just as easy as they can make the theatre of blood herald appear and dissapear, i'm sure there's one way or the other to make a portal "appear" on a place that on the map indicates there is an instance portal there.

If it isn't used, why not?

Thye instance they want that free pvp area in, is there.
    the free spot is there. It's just like putting a door in. connect A to B.

As much as i encourage this pvp thing, i just dont like the idea of it being in a questing area (regardless of the fact people deem it necesairy or not) especially on a PvE server where apparently the choice of NOT participating in a pvp environment is completely discarded.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011

Oh just remembered there is a quest for flames that are ONLY in SP how they supposed to do that?

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liandri - Lothranis
    Liandri - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Oh just remembered there is a quest for flames that are ONLY in SP how they supposed to do that?

Theres a little room just inside SP which is in safe zone with 4 flames b:chuckle

Now quit whining like every other little **** here and realise PWE doesn't make the changes China makes them and we have them, clearly china isn't full of little whiny girls and emo kids like PWI is.
    Liten Men Tuff
  • ValFera - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Theres a little room just inside SP which is in safe zone with 4 flames b:chuckle

yea agro all 4 and see how long they survive been there tried that. b:laugh

And i don't believe this is right they banned it for a reason, just because china is full of PKers does not mean the rest of the server are.

Go back to your Euro servers (hmmm 102 already smells goon glitch on ya there) and stay out of our US ones then :P

Hikari is the Light.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaerene - Raging Tide
    Chaerene - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I must say I am very disappointed with this. I don't mind those who PVP and I liked it the way it was where they PVP on the grounds amongst each other. That was fine. Afterall I joined a PVE server because I'm not interested in it myself. I leave it for the more hardy and for those who like a challenge or testing their skills or whatever!

But after reading many posts about this SP PVP issue, many are not happy with it, and are still stating it now. I can't understand why they aren't being listened to at all, seeming as many are from the PVE servers because thats what they thought it would be. Obviously I am being very polite so I won't get my pretty little butt banned, and I tell you it is very hard!

I really enjoy PWI but this has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat, and I have left many other online games for this, but thankfully I have left all my accounts opened and up to date with them. Just think about this when you are supposedly keeping an eye on things in SP like you have done before...(insert 'sarcasm' here)

By the way, have a nice day everyone! b:thanks
  • Liandri - Lothranis
    Liandri - Lothranis Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011

yea agro all 4 and see how long they survive been there tried that. b:laugh

If you hit 1, only the one aggro's what kind of idiot hits all 4 & if it's changed since the 2 years ago i done that quest just use the genie pull skill to aggro 1.. if not suck it up you're not doing that quest which gives you 500 exp which you could of spent earning 15k in DQ's and buying an oracle whiches gives 15k exp.
    Liten Men Tuff
  • Moofles - Sanctuary
    Moofles - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yea but when I tried to help a low level with a quest that he had to run through SP to get to. I was pk'd. Not once but three times. Even after I announced that I was trying to help a player do his quest. If they want a pk area that's all fine and dandy. But please move it somewhere else that's not going to be so inconvenient. Trying to help low levels get to the ghouls is going to be a head ache now.

Or if you wanna keep it in SP then remove all the mobs that are in there that you need for quests. Silver Frost, ghouls, and the demon fires. And if its going to continue being in there also make the teleport into FB29 a free tele.
    If you care about your postal workers, then please stop sending letters to Silent Hill. Good Lord they hate that place.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Someone said this isn't a gamebreaking change.

Technically no, but it has caused a lot of Customer Service damage especially amongst the PvE players who make up the majority of the players.

Most won't come onto the forums to complain but just quietly uninstall the game and leave and tell their friends how awful the game is. As it is, the starting areas are mostly deserted and the few that are there are usually alts.

If we get new players leaving early because of a bad experience in SP, the game will die. Or perhaps PWE/PWC is so short sighted that they want to just milk the remaining players till the game is completely dead.

It reminds me of the time when they stupidly released the Silvermane (previously only available through laborious DQ questing) into the cashshop. My Faction leader who had been tediously questing for 4 months and had just got her Silvermane was so upset that her horse had become worthless, she quit and half the faction quit with her. As it is I still look at every Silvermane in the game with loathing.

Old as it is PW is still the best and deepest game in the PWE stable, Rusty Hearts, FW, etc. are just cheap games that might milk a few dollars from players for a while till they get bored. So I wish PWE/PWC would get their act together and save the game.

As it is I won't be spending another dime on Gold until I get a feeling that dumb management decisions like this do in fact get reversed when the players complain.
  • Kieli - Sanctuary
    Kieli - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yeah I'm not too pleased with this little addition. Not everyone is a duelist nor a cash shopper and actually like to do quests. Call me a QQer if you want, but I joined Sanctuary because it's PVE. Meaning I have the choice of going into PK mode. I never liked to be forced to do it.

Also, making an instance like Secret Passage is a bit counterproductive since there are still some people that quest to level. I couldn't even help low level randoms in that instance properly because a certain player (you know who you are) decided to kill most of my squad.

I can understand if there are people that want to pk and such. But if you want to that badly, there are plenty of other solutions like: go to a pvp server, go pk mode in places like Silver Pool or use the Arena instances (like someone suggested earlier).

There are quests in SP that still need to be done and not everyone in the lower levels can afford to use the tele stone. Things like BH for Qingzi, kill the demonfires, kill Shade Eido, kill Dismal Shade, the ghouls as well as Silverfrost.

This move just proves to me that this game is only starting to cater to those that buy their levels and not everyone does that. So please, Frankie, I suggest an alternative to this because this change has upset a lot more people than pleased. I joined a PVE server because I don't PK/PVP. I like my option and would appreciate not getting my team or myself killed while I help. Thanks. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC](Siggy made by me b:victory )
  • Darkwraith - Raging Tide
    Darkwraith - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kjstorage wrote: »
    Quote:

1. This is the way the developers preferred to implement it. Still, we can bring this up as a possible alternative.

2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage. Our main concern was for lowbies getting ganked while trying to do mandatory quests. In any case, I'll also put this on the list of issues to send to the devs.

3. Weapon token quest can be obtained at (Edit: 20), right? You can tele in at 21, so yes, you would need to wait a couple levels to be able to bypass SP.

I'm compiling a list of your complaints and I'll forward them to the devs. We'll see if we can't resolve some of these issues in some way or another.

Please continue discussing; we're all ears.

All ears but nothing but a vacuum separating them.

Enable the Arenas that have been disabled for no good reason for years.

Consult, take a poll, THEN decide upon implementing changes.

The VAST majority of players on pve servers would vote against this ridiculous move, exemplified by the huge qty of posts on the subject already.

People actually form low level groups and get to know each other, collectively they can kill Silver but survive the R9 sin who kills them for sport.. so that statement is utter BS Frankie

Not everyone wants to be an enrage sheep so maybe they dont have access to huge qty's of high level bodyguards as suggested by some idiot previously.. not going to waste the seconds involved to find out who it was.

Low levels make low coin.. so why SHOULD they have to pay to quest by teleporting

New players dont generally have vast resources of high level help... why? because they are new and dont know anyone yet... stating the obvious to you senseless developers and game reps is something that is getting old.

Yes ppl will always complain about something.. but lets face it.. everything you have done and failed to do for the past week has done nothing but upset huge quantities of players.

If it isnt broken, dont fix it.. SP was fine as it was.. and for the record.. on the subject of fixing things... apply some of the ADHD energy you waste on **** peoples game play on fixing what has been left unaddressed for years.

The people on pve servers who do this kind of BS for sport and want more and more pvp facilities wouldnt last two seconds on a pvp dedicated server.. they are fail at pvp, fail at pve so their only recourse is to exact forced pk on pve only players.

I DARE you Frankie.. even in retrospect.. start a poll thread... canvass people on whether they want this change on their server... one person one vote..

You havent a clue what your customers needs, wants, likes and dislikes are.. UNTIL you implement things without thought or consultation and end up with a massive complaint thread.

You guys couldnt organise a bun fight in a bakery...ijs

Start the poll... lets see how many ppl ask for this ****.. since you blindly say a lot of ppl want it.. how many want it? got a figure? as opposed to how many who dont want it.

So many BS statements about things you havent got a clue about!!!!

Amen, let the players that want to PK go into PK like they always do. Otherwise what is the risk involved except to show off the gear and the lvls and ticking your charm. The real good gear comes from hard work, or cash. The lvls, well hard work or dragoon glitch, which leads to spending cash on better armor (This is covered in another post.)
    I started playing a year and a half ago and remember the PKers in SP, didn't mind them then and don't mind them now, as long as I don't get PK'ed behind helping someone out. As the Director of the Marine faction, I like going back and helping lower lvl players play the game. Give us a good rep in the game, and honestly everyone was hunting a higher lvl to help out from time to time. Also good pay back on the mobs that kicked my tail when I was a low lvl player. Speaking for me, and not my faciton, if this isn't fixed I'll go spend my money somewhere else. 4Story is a good split between WOW and PWI and World of Tanks isn't too far behind if you like armor, so this isn't the only game on the net to play. With all the other bugs in the game don't start making changes that hurt rather than help. Most successful gaming companies use this motto, "Cause no harm to the player or their playing enjoyment." I would recommend opening up the PK Arena, for those that wish to PK without risk, except to their charms, and still run the event as normal. You already have a room, use it and leave SP as it was.
  • aclucius318
    aclucius318 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'd be fine with this change if it weren't for the fact that everyone who isn't a high level is going to suffer.

On the PvP servers, I can understand this change completely. By the time you are going in there, even if it's just for some of those mobs at the entrance, you are at the level of PvP, so it really doesn't do anything but get you ready for what's to come. However, PvE servers are supposed to have the added protection of not getting PKed unless you want to take that chance.

As people have already mentioned, if you go in there for Silverfrost, Shade Eido, Dismal Shade, as well as a few mobs such as the Ancient Evils, you are subject to being PKed over and over. On top of all of this, these mobs/bosses are far from the entrance on the other sides of Secret Passage. At least 5 quests require you to go to the other sides of this place in order to complete them, four of them are within the level 30-45 range.

If you want to make it legal to PK in there, fine. At least put the disclaimer though that you cannot PK people who are doing quests unless they attack first. The way to determine who is doing a quest and who is not is very simple. In the same, add that if you are doing a quest, you enable the slogan. Then, anyone who has "Lv. xx <class> Seeking a squad" over their heads has "immunity" from PK. If you PK someone with this over his or her head, you can be banned. To show you were attacked first by someone with this, you show the damage chat in your own screenshot and the other person who was pretending to do a quest just to PK easily gets banned.

That seems like a perfectly fair way to go about this, if you really want to keep it. That or you could just convince the Devs to open the arena again and change the SP rule back. Besides, the arena would be much better as you have the choice of going in there without needing to for quests.
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Dear Frankie:

If you need any further evidence that power leveling and lack of rule enforcement are killing this game, please carefully read this thread. The whole thread, not just the excerpts that KrittyCat sends you.

You'll see high level players with no respect for the ToS and rules of fair play. You'll see bored high level bullies telling people that the quests in Secret Passage don't matter, and they should just skip them, hyper to a higher level, and get on with the game (which undoubtedly means buying heads or a coveted date with gooners). This is what happens when end-game is all that matters.

You'll see these same bullies telling your lower level players to beg to be able to play their game, and to stop complaining about being bullied. You'll see them even trying to close one of the very few avenues available to people to point out the unfairness of the bullying by asking that threads such as these be closed. Perhaps they don't want you to see what's really going on here.

Is this what you want for your game? Is this the type of environment that will attract new blood and a stable player base? I'm not sure of the percentage of business that comes from word-of-mouth and happy customers in YOUR industry, but I know in MINE it's substantial. I really can't imagine you're attracting much new business that way at this point.

I would think that part of your duties include informing management about the general sense of the community. Well I think this thread alone provides a pretty accurate snapshot. And it's not a pretty picture.

I wrote this nearly a week ago, and now I have the answers to my questions.

PWE does not consider questing to be important. No content is as important as the few end-game players who are crying so hard for something to do (after having glitched their way to end game) that they demand they be chosen over your brand new players. Apparently it's more important to skip game content, power-level, and get to end-game so players can practice PvP in a low-level cave.

Bullying, griefing, and extorting low level players is both allowed and shrugged off by the community manager and PWE management. Doesn't matter that you could have pleased both your end-game players AND your low/mid/high game players at the same time by making a few better thought out coding changes.

Representatives of the 105orGTFO crew, the power glitchers of the game, are the players who are being listened to. The rest of us, those of us who (used to) love the game, who have actually PLAYED the game are ignored or, even worse, condescended to. "It's only 5k. Let 'em eat cake.". Frankie, you are so seriously out of touch you might as well have stayed in China.

The illusion stone grief is only a red herring anyway. Even if it WAS free to port, you haven't fixed the glitch that allows players to be killed on the way in through the port. And I shouldn't have to reiterate (though apparently I do) that FB/BH 29 is only one of the MANY reasons players who actually PLAY the game need to go into SP.

If you and your superiors honestly think that this is the way to manage a successful MMO over time, I'd encourage you to rethink. More likely though, we are seeing what many have pointed out over the last year or so. You are milking the last profit you can from a failing game, knowing full well that it will not be around much longer. The rest is a stalling tactic, buying time to present boutique sale after boutique sale until the last committed player finally says **** this.

Given that, I'd just like to point out that people will not be leaving PWI to move to another of PWEs games. Oh no. We'll be leaving to go to competitors. Games that actually have good reputations and listen to their customer base.

Take the time to look at my spending record. This is the level of customer you are losing. No, I don't cheat. No, I don't join cliques and show off my e-peen, or get my jollies from bullying other players. So yeah, maybe I don't fit your vision of the perfect player after all. My bad.
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Since we changing all the rule so spontaneously why don't we do things such as allowing RB and FC glitch to be public and INI editing to be 100% allowed too. Scaming should be legal as well, lets see trolling (oh wait that's already legal). I mean why have any rules it's not like you guys have any solidarity in them anyway.
    I just remember, the level 70+ who need silver frost for culti? I am guessing their just F*cked right? Yep, good game, wonderful GM's. Love the management so much here.
    b:surrender
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yea but when I tried to help a low level with a quest that he had to run through SP to get to. I was pk'd. Not once but three times. Even after I announced that I was trying to help a player do his quest. If they want a pk area that's all fine and dandy. But please move it somewhere else that's not going to be so inconvenient. Trying to help low levels get to the ghouls is going to be a head ache now.

Or if you wanna keep it in SP then remove all the mobs that are in there that you need for quests. Silver Frost, ghouls, and the demon fires. And if its going to continue being in there also make the teleport into FB29 a free tele.

^ this... This is f'ing ridiculous. I swear to god frankie are you spouting ***** handed to you from the devs or are you really so stupid to believe there's nothing wrong with this? I CAN"T EVEN GET PAST THE ENTRANCE TO HELP MY FRIEND WHO NEEDS SHADE EIDO!!!! now he has to let that quest SIT in his f'ing log cause HALF of ENRAGE (like the god damn disrespectful children they are thnking it's their game and no one else is allowed to do anything) is sitting in the freakign entrance for DAYS killing anyone trying to get through..

Seriously... i've put up with a ton of bullcrap coming from your mouth and the DUMBEST programming errors and **** from the devs for years now (honestly the dumbest **** i've seen in ANY game), but THIS bullsh!t takes the cake. The ONLY reason i've stayed on this game is i can't honestly find anything better i'm not bored with already, but if you're going to start making NORMAL QUEST AREAS FORCEABLE PvP on a PvE server so any dumbass kid on a ego trip can harass people all day not letting them do anything... i'm seriously goign to think about leaving and i'm not the only one.
  • aclucius318
    aclucius318 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Since we changing all the rule so spontaneously why don't we do things such as allowing RB and FC glitch to be public and INI editing to be 100% allowed too. Scaming should be legal as well, lets see trolling (oh wait that's already legal). I mean why have any rules it's not like you guys have any solidarity in them anyway.

b:surrender

Well, the glitches are all but public, as I see "LF xxx for JFC" all of the time in my chat log. INI editing basically is allowed so long as you aren't reported (though it should be allowed to an extent anyways).

Scamming, I can tell you for a fact is allowed. PWE does not recognize verbal contracts. You know those players who would tell someone "I'll trade you <insert item> for xxx coin, but it's on my other character so give me the money on this and I'll send it to you?" They are allowed to do that without any repercussions. Sure, I'll be first to say that if you are stupid enough to fall for it, you deserve it, but it doesn't mean it should be allowed.

A while back there was supposed to even be a post made warning others about this type of scam, but it was never put up. I can't get into details about this, as I was already told by one of the GMs to not mention names or exact words, but the gist of it is "as long as it doesn't DIRECTLY violate the ToS, it is allowed until Frankie says otherwise.

I am getting into a rant about this now, so I'll stop short.

I used to be behind Frankie and the staff, realizing they had very little to do with what happened with anything to do with the games code. Now though, I've lost my hope for them. It took three years, but they finally lost my confidence. I'll still give them credit where they have earned in in the past, and I'll give them any they deserve in the future. However, I am convinced now after three years of optimism; this game is dying, and the staff is only making that death more painful.
  • MacGregor - Dreamweaver
    MacGregor - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Cave of Sadistic Glee....... they should have put more thought into which open instance they turned into full pvp.
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Cave of Sadistic Glee....... they should have put more thought into which open instance they turned into full pvp.

Or just rename SP the Cave of Sadistic Glee, as that's what it's become.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They didnt' turn SP into PVP on purpose, the dumbass devs f'ed up when they made the world Torney areas in SP and the code changed ALL of SP. Instead of FIXING it, they cover it up by doing this, when they could jsut put the OLD CODE BACK IN (if they HAD any brains) and FIX THE DAMN ARENA. But no...... these people are too stupid to use common sense.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ^ this... This is f'ing ridiculous. I swear to god frankie are you spouting ***** handed to you from the devs or are you really so stupid to believe there's nothing wrong with this? I CAN"T EVEN GET PAST THE ENTRANCE TO HELP MY FRIEND WHO NEEDS SHADE EIDO!!!! now he has to let that quest SIT in his f'ing log cause HALF of ENRAGE (like the god damn disrespectful children they are thnking it's their game and no one else is allowed to do anything) is sitting in the freakign entrance for DAYS killing anyone trying to get through..

Seriously... i've put up with a ton of bullcrap coming from your mouth and the DUMBEST programming errors and **** from the devs for years now (honestly the dumbest **** i've seen in ANY game), but THIS bullsh!t takes the cake. The ONLY reason i've stayed on this game is i can't honestly find anything better i'm not bored with already, but if you're going to start making NORMAL QUEST AREAS FORCEABLE PvP on a PvE server so any dumbass kid on a ego trip can harass people all day not letting them do anything... i'm seriously goign to think about leaving and i'm not the only one.

Amen... and I hope this post is one in the stack sent to china... please be sure to translate correctly so they understand they have just shoved their own head up their own bum in dealing with this botched attempt to cover up some programmers **** up. China can deny it however they want but their true consumers are speaking clearly!
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you hit 1, only the one aggro's what kind of idiot hits all 4 & if it's changed since the 2 years ago i done that quest just use the genie pull skill to aggro 1.. if not suck it up you're not doing that quest which gives you 500 exp which you could of spent earning 15k in DQ's and buying an oracle whiches gives 15k exp.

Clearly you have no idea about the flames, they are ranged and the genie skill will aggro one, but it will not pull to you. And keep in mind that newbies don't all have zeals to start with and most wouldn't want to spend the 3 mirages to make a new genie when you mostly get fragments in those levels. Also not all newbies cash shop, many are very poor in those levels and can't afford the mats for the DQ's(selling dq mats is a good way to make money at those levels and you need the level 20 and 31 mats for extending your safe space) or buying Oracles. Now the other problem from the prior statement, you were responding to... is that the flames are not all inside SP, those mobs have a second location on a mountain south of hidden orchid. There are 6 and it can be a handful without higher level help.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well I just went up there to help some1. A certain assassin killed me 3x in a row. And I can't see him in stealth, and I'm lvl 102 with demon shadow escape and was in stealth so apparently he saw me. If a lvl 102 can't help ppl with quests.. what can we do? How many times in a row does it have to be to constitute harrassment? Cause I'm pretty sure the same person killing you 3x without cause other than to get their hairy ones off for kicks and giggles is harrassing another player. This is absurd... again.. you get the golf clap PWI.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well I just went up there to help some1. A certain assassin killed me 3x in a row. And I can't see him in stealth, and I'm lvl 102 with demon shadow escape and was in stealth so apparently he saw me. If a lvl 102 can't help ppl with quests.. what can we do? How many times in a row does it have to be to constitute harrassment? Cause I'm pretty sure the same person killing you 3x without cause other than to get their hairy ones off for kicks and giggles is harrassing another player. This is absurd... again.. you get the golf clap PWI.

I think PWE is answering those of us who agree with you with the following response.... Dear PVE players... FU. We only care about the people who exploit cheats and buy their way to the top.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There a future here ?
    I am waiting for the old flashy signature containing " you know what i mean " to flood the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011

They should DISABLE Sin Stealth in SP for now.

No wait... they should disable it for PvP permanently.
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, the glitches are all but public, as I see "LF xxx for JFC" all of the time in my chat log. INI editing basically is allowed so long as you aren't reported (though it should be allowed to an extent anyways).

Scamming, I can tell you for a fact is allowed. PWE does not recognize verbal contracts. You know those players who would tell someone "I'll trade you <insert item> for xxx coin, but it's on my other character so give me the money on this and I'll send it to you?" They are allowed to do that without any repercussions. Sure, I'll be first to say that if you are stupid enough to fall for it, you deserve it, but it doesn't mean it should be allowed.

A while back there was supposed to even be a post made warning others about this type of scam, but it was never put up. I can't get into details about this, as I was already told by one of the GMs to not mention names or exact words, but the gist of it is "as long as it doesn't DIRECTLY violate the ToS, it is allowed until Frankie says otherwise.

I am getting into a rant about this now, so I'll stop short.

I used to be behind Frankie and the staff, realizing they had very little to do with what happened with anything to do with the games code. Now though, I've lost my hope for them. It took three years, but they finally lost my confidence. I'll still give them credit where they have earned in in the past, and I'll give them any they deserve in the future. However, I am convinced now after three years of optimism; this game is dying, and the staff is only making that death more painful.

Exactly my sentiment mate. I have been here since day one and I am really trying to hang on a bit longer, but I confess with things like this it makes it harder to do so. I mean certain things are just inexcusable and making PK 100% legal in SP is one of them. Some of us chose PvE server for a reason, I myself used to play on a PW PK server, I got tired of playing by others will so I came here where people PK you when you go in cube and now they actually made it legal for them to do so in SP... whats next? SMH ><
This discussion has been closed.