PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    TBH this is one of the best things to happen to pwi, they character just need to be warned that this is now allowed, ive gotten great use out of this, and i hope it stays. However i think a separate instance would be better, but its the plays own choice to enter secret passage, so they should know what could happen.

For people like me its great that all im saying. No risk involved and as i tell anyone who come by, dont pk me im trying to do my fb/bh i respect that and let them on their way , thats if they tell me. If they need a boss i always offer my services as i can solo any boss in the instance -.- so it will be done quickly and i help out the lowbies.
    This is one of the WORST things to happen. Maybe on a PvP server where everyone expects they might be Pkd it is ok. A different type of player plays there. I have alts on PvP servers and I gear and play much differently there.

But on a PvE server like HT, you don't expect to get Pkd while questing, especially by a Stealthed Sin you can't even see coming. It is supposed to be a more relaxing environment.

It really makes the hate on Sins as a whole go up exponentially.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is one of the WORST things to happen. Maybe on a PvP server where everyone expects they might be Pkd it is ok. A different type of player plays there. I have alts on PvP servers and I gear and play much differently there.

But on a PvE server like HT, you don't expect to get Pkd while questing, especially by a Stealthed Sin you can't even see coming. It is supposed to be a more relaxing environment.

To be honest, I think it's even worse for blue names on a PVP server of all things. Level 1-29 is where you get a feel for your character and learn the bare basics about stat point spending, running instances, and armor. This is why pvp is disabled for those levels even on a PVP server. Not to mention the PVP server rules clearly state that you will NOT be PKed until level 30 within the client itself. This system popup for PVP needs to change to reflect this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've noted this in the feedback spreadsheet.

Can you also note to enable old 2008 style Arena as an alternative, or at least properly explain why it can't be done? As far as I know the code is already there, just change some code switches to enable it.
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I agree with almost all of this, but can the Sin hate actually still go up?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »

Well, it sure isn't going down any time soon.b:chuckle
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Oh, and I'm not being rude, just thankful for a final word on the issue.b:bye

no ure not being rude but.. final word on the issue?? Lol the war has just started! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey frankie, do Tunnel Snakes still rule?

This b:laugh
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    no ure not being rude but.. final word on the issue?? Lol the war has just started! XD

I was just referring to the issue I was dealing with over the weekend.b:chuckle
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yes it can, at least for me.

Have you noticed the number of RED named midlevel Sins go up incredibly lately? (I presume they enable PK mode in their 60s so they can look COOL with a red name on a PvE server) I am assuming they are able to get Red named by killing Noobs in SP, can someone confirm this?

I have been on several random BHs with Red named Sins and I love it when they get killed by the boss. Usually they are quite fail even at regular PvE.
  • Sugar__ - Momaganon
    Sugar__ - Momaganon Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think the mods are having a little too much fun... But anyways the location might have been poorly chosen, but if they would of chosen somewhere else you would have still complained. Do not lie to yourself you know it is true.
  • Nakairu - Archosaur
    Nakairu - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Franky, eventho I'd love pk in sp back, I think we have another way more suitable instance for that. With same settings as sp have now, Cave of Sadistic Glee would be a way better choice. As people have pointed out, silverfrost is needed for your oht culti, while in CoSG no such quest is needed.

I agree.

I always thought Cave of Sadistic Glee was an utterly pointless cave, and a prime real estate location for open PVP inside. No quests are really needed in there (for Culti), and only higher levels go in there (rarely at all anymore...)

Switch back Secret Passage and make Cave of Sadistic Glee open PVP. Its a win-win for all.
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think the mods are having a little too much fun...

I don't know what you're talking about...

b:avoid
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think the mods are having a little too much fun... But anyways the location might have been poorly chosen, but if they would of chosen somewhere else you would have still complained. Do not lie to yourself you know it is true.

Nope, I hope they move it and I won't miss Cave of Sadistic Glee or the Arena's at all. Now if they move it to every starter town like I've come to expect from the development team, then I won't be so happy.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

b:cry My poor sin is getting dirty looks b:cry
  • Sugar__ - Momaganon
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't know what you're talking about...

Sure you don't... I want to have fun too. How can I become a Mod?b:cute
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sure you don't... I want to have fun too. How can I become a Mod?b:cute

Loooooooong story.

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Can you also note to enable old 2008 style Arena as an alternative, or at least properly explain why it can't be done? As far as I know the code is already there, just change some code switches to enable it.

Sure, I've just added that.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    question for ya, frankie:

why does your employer bother with PvE servers at all, since they clearly don't actually want to be running any such? why did they bother creating all these i-forget-how-many supposedly-PvE servers in the first place, versus only two (2) out-and-out PvP ones, if they're apparently so dead set on turning all their servers into PvP on some sort of installment plan anyway?

you don't have to actually answer that question for me. i don't expect you ever will. i'd just like for you to find out the answer, for yourself, and maybe --- if it wouldn't put your employment at risk to do so --- to tell us whether or not you've managed to find an answer to it.

with precisely all the respect you are actually due,
    Lenie

This right here is my ONLY problem with this AND the fact that even blue names are fair game. Apparently the choice between pvp and pve really doesn't exist. I've helped countless people do silverfrost, I'm done helping. Its not worth my time to be jumped or better yet, for me to be almost done killing silverfrost while some teenager with an ego jumps in and kills the person who needed the boss to being with. Great job on killing your income. I doubt anyone who is new will stay past 30, for this you get a great golf clap. Bravo.
  • Sugar__ - Momaganon
    edited September 2011
    Options

Loooooooong story.

Oh... I get it b:dirty You bad bad kitty. b:laughb:chuckle
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sure, I've just added that.

Wasn't there something about the arena being reserved for events like PWIC, though?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh... I get it b:dirty You bad bad kitty. b:laughb:chuckle

Okay, before I was amused.

Now?

Now I'm just scared.b:shocked
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

1. We're still ignoring everyone's request as we didn't even know about this change before it went live. That's why we had to set up rules banning it and are now going back on our word. It was a happy mistake that we gave you something you wanted, even if the location is completely inappropriate.

2. Don't do quests. (e.g. Don't play the game.)

3. Spend coin/money to play. (e.g. Promote cashshop.)

Thanks Frankie. I know at least a dozen people who have already uninstalled because of this. It's one thing if you can't fix things. It's another completely to blatantly discount the opinion of a very large portion of your player base.

Personally, I don't care if SP is pvp or not, but it sickens me that you don't even care that you're blocking game play for many. Good job griefing your players.
  • copper75
    copper75 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I do not think it is right. Can you not make another instance, What about the bosses in there that are needed that are not outside.. Like silverfrost and such, ... I think it is ok if the higher levels that wanted it do it with other high levels. But when we go in on lvl 40 and lower and some archer of 100+ pks them as soon as they enter is ****.
  • Sugar__ - Momaganon
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Okay, before I was amused.

Now?

Now I'm just scared.b:shocked

Awww... I am sorry. I am sure you are a good kitty. b:surrender Forgive me?
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree.

I always thought Cave of Sadistic Glee was an utterly pointless cave, and a prime real estate location for open PVP inside. No quests are really needed in there (for Culti), and only higher levels go in there (rarely at all anymore...)

Switch back Secret Passage and make Cave of Sadistic Glee open PVP. Its a win-win for all.

100% agree on this. As other posters said, even on PvP servers, lvl 1-29 can't be pk'ed. So now you are forcing a tideborn to stone in and risk getting one-shot by teh tombstone near spawn point to get his wep token ?

Pk'ers are gonna start to camp Shade/Dismal/Silver, the ancient evils for the drop, wheel of earth and the overall road to whoever doesn't want to stone in ?

Oh yeah, right, there's NOTHING in there to do...

Really, I think it's the worse move I saw since I play. Just transfer the coding that messed things up to Glee. Or move all bosses in SP, elsewhere.. This is the lazy way and really, as part of the community of a PvE server, simply unacceptable.

You know what, it's almost like telling people "Guns weren't allowed in schools cause it's suppose to be a "safe" place.. Now go ahead, you can get one whitout a permit and shoot whoever you don't like, even threaten teacher for good grades"

I'm disgusted..b:angry
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1. This is the way the developers preferred to implement it. Still, we can bring this up as a possible alternative.

2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage. Our main concern was for lowbies getting ganked while trying to do mandatory quests. In any case, I'll also put this on the list of issues to send to the devs.

3. Weapon token quest can be obtained at (Edit: 20), right? You can tele in at 21, so yes, you would need to wait a couple levels to be able to bypass SP.

I'm compiling a list of your complaints and I'll forward them to the devs. We'll see if we can't resolve some of these issues in some way or another.

Please continue discussing; we're all ears.

ok number 1 alright i understand..

number 2 though:
    you said "If you're strong enough" what if i am not? what if i am lvl 100 but i have crappy gears and i am squishy? yes it also concerns me more the newbies in the area but openning my thoughts towards all players in general, you know.. there are some high lvls who are crappy

number 3:
    ok so... we will slow down our questing and grinding because the place was transformed into a slaughter house... **** the people who want to grind in there and make some progress and welcome those who want to spend the day just killing eachother...

i am really at the border of quitting this game all over and taking every1 else i brought into it with me.. but 1 thing, thank you so much for being there and listening to our shouts and thank you for forwarding them to the developers because im pretty sure now most of the players do not want this and we all want it to be like it was.. a non PvP zone.. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    something I've noticed, is that the people who are liking this or are ok with it; tends to be those on Pvp servers. Those of us on Pve servers are there for a reason, we do not like the pvp aspect of the game other than when we choose to be in pk mode. I've played this game since dec of 08 and in 8 toons I've never once went in pk mode. I don't like it plain and simple. It seems like the company is hell bent on making all the servers pvp..if this is the case then why do we have so many pve servers? Also, even on the pvp servers lvl 30 is when you are put into pk mode, not before. Now suddenly any level can be pk'd in this instance. So many reasons this is not good, all of them have been mentioned. I think it should still be bannable on the pve servers. Pvp.. is another story.
  • Agorah - Dreamweaver
    Agorah - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think it's a disservice, especially players who have fbs, bhs, who are lower level having high level pk in the secret passage. How someone to level or complete their cultivations when you have certain players who gets off on picking on lower levels. C'mon guys this is supposed to be fun for everyone, not just the fools who get their jollies off on picking on people who are lower than them. Best suggestion is to move it to cave of sadistic glee or arena where the odds are even. I bet you some of these players who like to pk others in sp will punk out.
  • __Fenris__ - Harshlands
    __Fenris__ - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    thats great now cant do silverfrost and shade for guildlys. cause gankers like catlyst and Vahalla are there lv 101-105 ganging up on lv 32 good job PWI .Nice to have 20 105 on lv 32b:victory
  • vampirenite
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Suggestion (assuming the Management realizes this policy is a major mistake).

We know how long the Devs take to make a major fix such as enabling another instance for Pking.

I suggest an interim fix is to give Blue names (of any level) an immunity token against being Pkd in SP. Possibly an easier thing to code?
This discussion has been closed.