PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    well seems this was intended (kinda?), wont say im happy bout it but will get used to it.

Hey! maybe killing silver frost will be a little more challenging now when you have to keep an eye out for pkers b:chuckle
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Suggestion (assuming the Management realizes this policy is a major mistake).

We know how long the Devs take to make a major fix such as enabling another instance for Pking.

I suggest an interim fix is to give Blue names (of any level) an immunity token against being Pkd in SP. Possibly an easier thing to code?

That's not bad actually.

A usable token givin upon entrance :

"Not targetable by any players for 30 mins, can only be used if not in PK mode and must be blue named"
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There are some mobs and bosses in there that are not outside of SP. Silver Frost, the ghoul off the side, the big poison one next to silver and the little flame dudes to the left of the spawn point. All of which are only inside SP. What about those?
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There are some mobs and bosses in there that are not outside of SP. Silver Frost, the ghoul off the side, the big poison one next to silver and the little flame dudes to the left of the spawn point. All of which are only inside SP. What about those?

I agree with pk in there being wrong, but the little flame dudes are also outside, top of a mountain south of Hidden Orchid. however the mobs for the Crimson Pendant quest are only in there to my knowledge.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wasn't there something about the arena being reserved for events like PWIC, though?
    There have been several Arena implementations. The original one was in PW-MY and I think was possibly enabled for a while in the early days in PWI. Here is an old YouTube vid

You accessed this Arena by talking to the NPC in front of the lightning covered platform in each old city. Free PvP without drops or XP loss. You can fly and use flying pets if you are a Veno. Probably the closest thing to an area where Factions can practice for TW.

Then they came out with a highly restricted one which has so many restrictive rules I have never bothered to try it. It is accessed by the Herc looking NPC in west arch.

Now there is a rumour that there will be a PWIC style Arena but only for lvl 80+ accessible from SP.

As far as I can see the fastest and easiest solution is to just enable the old Arena. PWI still makes money from the charms that will be burnt and the desire for better gear.
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is silly and stupid. I thought you guys re-opened the arena for this. You shouldn't force PvE players to PvP, thats the whole point of us joining a PvE server, NOT having to PvP in order to complete quests.

What part of level 100+ players killing lowbies is ok to you guys lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I mentioned "once" because people are acting like the entire PvE servers are now all open PK.

If you don't know me peronally, yes. I don't PK lowbies. The faction I have been with on HL my entire time on HL wasn't even random-PK until a few months ago when the faction was on the verge of dying off.

Yes but you are now on the forums promoting it like a DA. Yes I have read your comments and those who have replied to you and so far you are as bad as the company in just promoting childish harassment at the expense of the time of people who CHOSE NOT to play in a PVP environment causing a hostile environment in the game. So your comment of not PK lowbies... you have already endorsed it with your comments and puts you at as much fault as the developers.
  • __Fenris__ - Harshlands
    __Fenris__ - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ya doing silverfrost and watch out for 20 lv 101 r9 on 6 lv 30-70 good job pwi this well well thought out :shutup hard enough for low lv
  • daryskin
    daryskin Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hi there my name Is Tsamaris
    I am not a happy camper, What were you Guys thinking in when you Put This idiot policy into place. Now how does now do quest that are needed in secret Passage, there is about 4 quest that are needed in there and not the darn instance either, for example some divine quest u need to fight the mobs in the 4 passages and another is shade edio and 2 others how do you do them from outside as you have stated mr Gm. so how are you going to help people do these quest when they keep dieing due to to this policy of killing every one in secrect Passage. The other is how are you going to compensate for the loss of doing these quest that are needed inside secrect passage. I Like to Know how your going to help and compensate for this.. I am just about ready to go into this secrect passage and start doing these quest with out help and if i die and LOSE STUFF how how you going to COMPENSATE for the LOSS of MONEY that I and other have put in like mounts clothing etc. Wow i like to know how Your going to pull this off ands Compensate.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    o many people are upset/happy about certain things. But from my standpoint I want to state something. There are somewhat beautiful stories in this game. I play this game b/c its fun, and I enjoy it. I've been in no rush, I've took 3 years making 8 toons and enjoyed every one of them.

Many don't know this, but Nirvana actually has a love story in it. I told a squad this one day and they squad wiped trying to read it all. But ... they learned something new. The Netherqueen and the boss before, the snake boss were actually lovers. She came to rescue him and found out he had been transformed and she couldn't leave. Its really a pretty story and for those of us who enjoy these aspects of the game, it is necessary to complete the game in its entirety.

Many of us play for many different reasons, but because we enjoy it should be the main reason. B/c of the new allowance of pk in sp many people continue to say that they do not need to do these quests so .. Oh well. This is like saying, ok everyone quick charge 2,000 USD worth of zen, pay someone to pwr lvl you to 100 and get rank 9 real fast. Then you are done with the game and move onto something else. The point in playing the game, is to actually.. PLAY the game.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think the mods are having a little too much fun... But anyways the location might have been poorly chosen, but if they would of chosen somewhere else you would have still complained. Do not lie to yourself you know it is true.

Never heard of the closed city arena, eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There have been several Arena implementations. The original one was in PW-MY and I think was possibly enabled for a while in the early days in PWI. Here is an old YouTube vid

You accessed this Arena by talking to the NPC in front of the lightning covered platform in each old city. Free PvP without drops or XP loss. You can fly and use flying pets if you are a Veno. Probably the closest thing to an area where Factions can practice for TW.

I know, I've been there in closed beta (when it was still enabled here). I just remember it being asked in a thread for this arena to be reopened, but Frankie replied saying that it is perfect for PvP events and would be reserved as such (like the PWIC), or something along those lines.

Edit: found it

I could see it working out well as a sort of free-for-all arena for factions to be able to organize events, but I could also see it ending up as a place that one dominant faction claims as their own and ganks everyone else to high heaven.

As it stands right now, it's the perfect zone for running PvP/PvE events, since there's complete control over who gets access to it, very little lag, and the safety that you mentioned.

So basically I feel that, if the GM's do end up utilizing that spot a fair amount, it would be a better use of the space than to open it up to all.

And of course, this is assuming the devs would allow us to open it up in the first place, considering that last I heard, it was not available on the CN version either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Another thing this effects is the new divine honors, as one of the honors of light are located inside SP. You have to reset the instance five times in order to get that honor. Which would be a total of 29000 coins if you teleport to archosaur just to stone in after you reset it. Thats a lot of money for a level 20. Same thing with the ghostyard haunt, also a divine honor quest. You can only receive one of two divine honor quests between the levels of 41-50, and they both require going inside SP. And resetting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011

Then they came out with a highly restricted one which has so many restrictive rules I have never bothered to try it. It is accessed by the Herc looking NPC in west arch.

Now there is a rumour that there will be a PWIC style Arena but only for lvl 80+ accessible from SP.

As far as I can see the fastest and easiest solution is to just enable the old Arena. PWI still makes money from the charms that will be burnt and the desire for better gear.

One small flaw in what is otherwise common sense... the developers have the same 'my tool is bigger then yours' mentality of the 'dirty' players who are committing harassment on some of the pve servers now. I have said it several times... this was a huge BLUNDER on the part of the developers/programmers and now they are hearing about it here in the forums.

I have zero problem promoting the fact PWE promotes harassment as I did when I recruited several players from other MMOs. I was considering leaving the game but I am going to find it far more enjoyable to promote the blunder from the last patch till its changed. To everyone who doesnt like the change... please feel free to inform your fellow players to do as one of the MODs suggested earlier in the week... Keep submitting Tickets to customer service. We are gonna have some Chinese served up on a platter.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is without a doubt the stupidest, ugliest move yet by Perfect World China (PWC). It divides the community. It goes against the preference of most players.

Lets see PVP, yea thats that activity that is so unpopular that TW is pretty much a joke in terms of percentage of the player base that participates. The only other PVP is plain old ganking, geared up PVPers looking for lowbies with no PVP experience or build to beat up.

Idiot PVPer 8 to 12 year olds will see this as a "victory". They are mostly too cowardly to PVP other PVP ers, preferring to attack PVE players who are unprepared and not equipped for PVP by choice. It seems NPC mobs are too much of a threat for them.

SP is no loss, it is the absolute worst dungeon in the entire game. Cramped, poorly designed and virtually worthless drops and mobs. I won't miss it. I skipped the stupid FB there. The place is totally 'get this over with and get out as soon as possible'. It's just plain ugly and depressing and packed with juvenile school yard escapees.

If they don't provide an alternative to Silver Frost, that is a serious problem, way more serious than the whole filter issue, or the totally lost balance when the fish were introduced. Leaving it in means to get to end game you HAVE to switch to a PVP build, or hand over several billions to your local PWC 5aps mafia for protection. Yea, now thats a marketing hook!

This all points to a single individual who is calling the shots in China, not some unnumbered group of 'devs'. What a pathetic cowardly side stepping of responsibility that euphemism is. No doubt some rich trust fund type kid runs the show there. They don't ask for input and just want to do what they want on a whim and not have to work with the community for consensus. This totally reeks of despotism.

Anarchy Online tried for years to force PVE people into PVP. What's next despot in charge? Try making PVP a requirement to get rank gear like Anarchy Online which made PVP the only way any player could get the best gear. We all know how well that worked out. It only drove players away in droves. The game is a hollow shell of what is once was.

So if in the next year or so you see the dufus who runs PWC tell you thru this phoney faceless 'devs' facade that from now on to get rank x+ gear you will have to earn some kind points via PVP, you will know where this is all headed.
    Just some guy
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i have mixed feeling about this...while yes i would love a place where i can pvp freely with out dropping or going red why oh why would you make it in sp???why not make it in the one place you have had the hole 4 years this game has been going "The PWI Arena."this would be the best place for it even if you are on the pve server it makes perfect cents.people that whant to pvp with out rules and **** every one that comes in can do so there.why do you ban people at all for pvping there if you where just going to make it a free for all any way.and its not about if you need the quest or not...people WHANT to do the quests for dismal,endo,sliverfrost.why have them quests in the first place if you dont whant people to do them.its time for you people to wake the hell up and start learing how to read plane and simple.
    edited September 2011
    There have been several Arena implementations. The original one was in PW-MY and I think was possibly enabled for a while in the early days in PWI.

It was briefly. I had a guildy kill me in there for the cultivation quest where you need to die. it was the best spot to do that since you did not loose XP while dying in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I know, I've been there in closed beta (when it was still enabled here). I just remember it being asked in a thread for this arena to be reopened, but Frankie replied saying that it is perfect for PvP events and would be reserved as such (like the PWIC), or something along those lines.

I wonder why they don't just enable both versions. The PWIC tourney version is restrictive in the sense it is a very controlled competition and when you die you are out period. It seems somewhat similar to the unpopular current Deathmatch Arena system that is already in place.

This doesn't facilitate practice and fun PvP which usually means repeated deaths and immediately being able to respawn and run back. That is what the real appeal of PvP in SP is. No complicated rules. The problem is that SP is the wrong place because people that do not want to PvP are going in there.
  • Kywe - Harshlands
    Kywe - Harshlands Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    awesome!! b:dirty
    edited September 2011
    I could see it working out well as a sort of free-for-all arena for factions to be able to organize events, but I could also see it ending up as a place that one dominant faction claims as their own and ganks everyone else to high heaven.

As if the same thing cannot happens in SP...

Another memorable PWE fail.

Thanks for digging up that little gem, Nowitsawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sugar__ - Momaganon
    Sugar__ - Momaganon Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Never heard of the closed city arena, eh?

Yes I have. But I am sure someone would complain it is not fun in there. That there is no challenge.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011

one dominant faction claiming a PK-enabled area as their own and ganking away? nooo, that would NEVER happen. why, if that were true, it would equally apply to any PK-enabled area with free(ish) entrance requirements... including the theatre of blood, dragon temple, or even the cube...

...i'm all out of sarcasm for the day. of COURSE that would happen; there's no way it could not. why would you let that stop you, when you've never let it stop you before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • thirteencent
    thirteencent Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well it was so nice of PWI let players know of this change before so many people had their charms disappear before their eyes! THANKS ALOT!
  • Mystx - Heavens Tear
    Mystx - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What happens if your in middle of killing silverfrost and a pker stuns you and you die?? is it classed as a pk death or a lose xp town death because no cleric can get to you??
  • _RiverWings_ - Dreamweaver
    _RiverWings_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    oh...my....God pwi.... this is a PVE SERVER, NOT a PVP SERVER!!! what about all the lvl 30-40s?!?!?! they gotta lvl 2 by quests ya know! NOT every is a cash player!!!!!!!!! how do u expect them 2 lvl if they rnt a cash playing doing multiple fc runs huh? this is completely unfair. b:angry what the hell is the point of a pve server if u cant choose pve or pvp freely huh?!?! just wow... im very disapointed with you pwi....b:cold
  • chrism776
    chrism776 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i used the teleporter to secret passage and was still killed by a Pk'er - it was my low level wizzie - is this a glitch too?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    oh, and this is going to be done on all the servers, PvP and PvE? thats just peachy. b:angry

go take a look in the second room on HT, and all you can see are red names from Enrage. how are lowlevel players supposed to go by those killers to do the other quests in there,hmmm? like Dismal Shade, Shade Eido, and Quinzi? are they too going to be brought outside as well? they too are quests that have exp/sp rewards, and have to be done to continue the chain of quests. so why turn all of Secret Passage into one giant PK dungeon? i thought that was what the Arena, the Water Temple, and other places around the PW world were for....not to mention whole servers where PK crazies can beat each others brains out. just because the Chinese are doing it doesnt mean we suddenly jump on the bandwagon for this....after all, PWI hasnt done a lot of things that are done on the Chinese servers, like clothing, events, instances. why this, and in the middle of a lowlevel area? why not do it at that closed instance way down in Buried Bones? then they would be out of the way of people who have quests to do, and not be around where nastards from PK guilds can grind on low level players.

To say its jarring doesnt begin to express how i and many other players feel about this change. I help out many through those quests, but i am only one person, i cant fight off an instance full of stupid PKers to get those who need the quests done safely to where they need to go.

Please leave things as they were on the PVE servers. if PKers dont like it, they can just pack up and move to the numerous PK servers, and leave us PVE players alone. After all, isnt that the whole reason for the creation of the two kinds of servers?
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    oh...my....God pwi.... this is a PVE SERVER, NOT a PVP SERVER!!! what about all the lvl 30-40s?!?!?! they gotta lvl 2 by quests ya know! NOT every is a cash player!!!!!!!!! how do u expect them 2 lvl if they rnt a cash playing doing multiple fc runs huh? this is completely unfair. b:angry what the hell is the point of a pve server if u cant choose pve or pvp freely huh?!?! just wow... im very disapointed with you pwi....b:cold

I totally agree. Its idiotic to have a button to switch off PK mode for players then some developer blunders in thinking all of PWI want to PVP on all servers. Customer Service is now sending out blanket responses pointing to this thread while they have failed change the posted rules. This leads me to believe the company made a huge blunder. You dont roll out a change like this where it impacts so many people and not change the posted rules or send out an email to those players who have made the choice to be on a PVE server. This is a complete failure on the part of the developers.
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ok so if a change Will be made, reason why it would be better if this zone was back to PvE only is: if silverfrost and the other culti bosses n items are moved from secret passage, all the details that their corresponding quests describe will have to be edited in order to show the boss' new location, it will change the questing system drastically and referring to what FatalFem said before it will also change the story to them. So it probably would be easier to turn the instance back to PvE, not saying its very easy because i dont know how to do it but, im just saying, its alot of work to edit what the npcs say for each of those quests.

Most people were happy with secret passage as a PvE zone only why not make it like that again? if players wanted to enter pvp experience well there are PvP zones, events and servers for them.

Guys as we post replies, this game is losing players because of this. So thinking this was a good change may be a little bit wrong.

Peace b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • rustyhummer
    rustyhummer Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lets make the entrance puppy to the cube the new frost, xmas will be fun when all the snowmen send in complaints for being AOEd to death by oht culti partys b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.