PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Or better yet, have PWE do all they possibly can to revert the situation so people won't have to get creative in order to complete a mandatory quest.

People live in different time zones, sometimes it means not doing it at all because the place is hoarded with PKers, or because you didn't manage to get enough people to help you with it due to time differences.

It's one boss like mentioned before. It's not end of the world. You don't even need to get cult to 100 to play this game. The only reason you'll need to finish 100 cult is for demon/sage changing and you wouldn't need that had you picked more carefully.

BTW, less posting, more mod-ing. This thread needs to be moved to "Suggestion Box".
  • DreamyVixen - Heavens Tear
    DreamyVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Let's imagine the worse case scenario -

You managed to get a couple of level 90+ to help you with Silver Frost. You're down to half of its HP or better yet, the last 1% of it. A stealthed 10x+ Sin appears and kills all of you, if Silver Frost hasn't already because you were distracted. Quest incomplete, frustration levels are maxed.

i agree. besides, i enjoy helping out others when i can, i will probably stop that now in sp as i dont want to be pked.
  • ZSin - Harshlands
    ZSin - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Chaotic can you answer my question about pvping blue names if its allowed?
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

If they want to PVP they can go to the PVP servers! This is unfair to new people coming to the game! People on a PVE server shouldn't be forced into this! Please tell me what the GMS are doing about the quests that are in that instance? Hmm I would love to know!!!!b:angry
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Isn't it obvious what PWE is trying to get people to do here? If not here is a little preview. http://www.pwcalc.com/68b392269d383e5c b:laugh

WANT!b:laugh
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

BTW, less posting, more mod-ing. This thread needs to be moved to "Suggestion Box".

Sorry, was busy voicing part of the community and getting Frankie's attention. It's also a part of mod-ing, and thanks for letting me know, but until I get paid for what I do please try to be more kind to your little helpers. b:thanks
    Chaotic can you answer my question about pvping blue names if its allowed?

You could just read the first post in the topic.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what about blue names, they are able to attack us as well as were able to attack them, i know i have accidently attack via tab control and 1 hitting them, i try not to kill and help them when needed but sometime its unavoidable. Im sorry if this has bee posted before i didnt see when i searched. Just leme know if its allowed.

b:chuckle Many of us have accidently 1 hit people in the cube. I even reacted to being attacked without thinking on my barb and hit armageddon once. Everyone in the corner died and I did not intend to kill them all. I was only responding to the guy who was trying b:chuckle to PK me. Fortunately there were no cash shopped characters that my barb can not touch. I think they try to separate those of us who do not intend to kill PPL from those who just harass PPL for entertainment.
  • Moonrunner - Harshlands
    Moonrunner - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think this is my first post ever. I usually just sit back and enjoy all the nonsense and never have the urge to comment on anything. I usually get a pretty good laugh out of these forums, but this doesn't make sense to me.

I have been able to solo Silver Frost for a long time. Could I do it with a 105 sin attacking me at the same time? I do not think so. That has always been my pet peeve about this game. There are countless griefers that will kill a cleric or a barb just about the time a boss dies and run off laughing about it. On many bosses, if the cleric dies, or the tank dies, the whole attempt is wasted because everyone else in the squad will die too. I couldn't count how many times that I have tried to help someone with the boss in Hidden Orchid and there is always someone that wants to attack the lowbie, so he/she doesnt complete the quest, or me while Im tanking because that would be the only way they could kill me. There are too many people that get their kicks from ruining other people's fun. That is not pvp. Attacking someone while they are fighting a boss is just stupidity and cowardice.

Now I do consider that, just like the boss in HO, anyone could get pked while fighting a boss and I accepted that a long time ago. I do not like it, but it is part of the game. I hate it when some kid thinks he is OP for ruining someone's boss fight. Too many times it just ends up in a pvp battle and the poor lowbie has to wait for another time to try to get his boss done and hope noone interrupts it then. In one way, this would be making Silver Frost just like a lot of bosses everywhere else, but another fact is that he used to be a boss that noone minded helping with because there was little chance of interference. I was always reluctant to help with the boss in HO because that is a known pvp area. The same will happen with Silver Frost but to a greater degree because that will now be a server specified PVP area. I like the idea of a pvp instance but I think SP is probably the worst place it could be placed.
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1. This is the way the developers preferred to implement it. Still, we can bring this up as a possible alternative.

2. If you're strong enough to kill Silver Frost, you should be able to handle yourself inside of Secret Passage. Our main concern was for lowbies getting ganked while trying to do mandatory quests. In any case, I'll also put this on the list of issues to send to the devs.

3. Weapon token quest can be obtained at 19, right? You can tele in at 21, so yes, you would need to wait a couple levels to be able to bypass SP.

I'm compiling a list of your complaints and I'll forward them to the devs. We'll see if we can't resolve some of these issues in some way or another.

Please continue discussing; we're all ears.

I made the choice to play on a pve server. I do not like pvp and do not want to take part in it. I am certain that many others on the pve servers feel the same way. Now if we want to help others, wich is an essential part of the game, we are forced into pk?
    I dont like that this is being covered up with excuses. It feels like you havent played the game or are in any way in touch of what is taking place in game.

Please help us instead of insulting the player base who are concerned about this change. Saying that we dont need to do those quests, need to pay to help with 29, do pk to help low levels even though we made the choice to be pve is quite insulting. Why cant you just take responsibility for your actions instead of always coming up with excuses? Especially when it seems like noone, in this case meant as those who disagreed with you to begin with, believe or accept the false excuses anyway.

Also saying that you are listening and all ears isnt really helpful when instead of helping or doing something about it you just say you dont think it is a concern.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options

Requests are welcomed, orders are not. Please remember this.b:bye

And I'm going to side with the part of the community that believes that this kind of change should be implemented, but in a different location. We shouldn't be encouraging hyper-FC'ed characters, but rather players who play through the game for the quests.
  • Sugar__ - Momaganon
    Sugar__ - Momaganon Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How about you all stop crying? It will all be ok. First off its just a game. Second the game has put us all through worse I'm sure. So stop the crying and try to have some fun. If you really want to play this game there is a way just get off the forums and try to find the way.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's one boss like mentioned before. It's not end of the world. You don't even need to get cult to 100 to play this game. The only reason you'll need to finish 100 cult is for demon/sage changing and you wouldn't need that had you picked more carefully.

Well I personally feel at though it needs to be moved to [URL="ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180421"]Cave of Sadistic Glee[/URL] or they need to fix the arena. Also, now I know another group of people it would make mad, the people who just want to kill level 29 and below blue names on PvP servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sorry, was busy voicing part of the community and getting Frankie's attention. It's also a part of mod-ing, and thanks for letting me know, but until I get paid for what I do please try to be more kind to your little helpers. b:thanks

You could just read the first post in the topic.

MORE posting Shelly and less Mod'ing pls!!!! b:pleased
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    In the time it takes for you to run to SP then run through it, you can kill enough mobs for the 5000 coins fee.

Well, you have to learn it sometime. What a great change. This will introduce the Illusion stones to more players.

omg.. are you just stupid? or what? you are all admitting that the harassment will just continue and be all okay. wtf? why should a few too chicken for real pvp be allowed to spoil even a little bit of countless others enjoyment for any amount of time??
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well I personally feel at though it needs to be moved to [URL="ttp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180421"]Cave of Sadistic Glee[/URL] or they need to fix the arena. Also, now I know another group of people it would make mad, the people who just want to kill level 29 and below blue names on PvP servers.

Don't worry. Even though it was moved to the Suggestion Box, it won't be easily forgotten there.b:mischievous
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    omg.. are you just stupid? or what? you are all admitting that the harassment will just continue and be all okay. wtf? why should a few too chicken for real pvp be allowed to spoil even a little bit of countless others enjoyment for any amount of time??

And why would you be allowed to ruin others fun? Please consider that your comment works two ways.

Thank you
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sorry, was under the impression that Frankie was already reading this thread. Forgive me if I failed to see how you enable him to read better.
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Requests are welcomed, orders are not. Please remember this.b:bye
    Oki.
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Don't worry. Even though it was moved to the Suggestion Box, it won't be easily forgotten there.b:mischievous
    Good joke.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Frankie, check out the spending I do on this account. Not a great cash shopper, but no more. I'm on a PvE server and like to do quests including FB/ BH 29. I have a couple new toons that are now on hold.

The game has Arenas that could have the same coding that was used on SP. If the unused Arenas had been used then there wouldn't be a problem. Please, advise the devs that I no longer will pay for a service that I do not like. I see PK on a PvE server as a waste of time as it has no benifits in game. On 1 Oct 2011 I will be disolving the low level faction we set up for new players and to try out new characters unless this cluster **** is resolved so PvE players can earn their levels without grief and added costs. Time is money as the saying goes and getting killed doing a BH is a waste of a players time.

I've had friends request that I try out 2 different games which are as fun as PWI but without these issues. I will also suggest that my faction members consider moving to different games as well if they aren't happy with your "new" upgrades. We can disolve our faction and take our vent to a more conciderate MMO.

This is not a qq, just the facts as I see them.

Semper Fi (just not to PW and company,)
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How about you all stop crying? It will all be ok. First off its just a game. Second the game has put us all through worse I'm sure. So stop the crying and try to have some fun. If you really want to play this game there is a way just get off the forums and try to find the way.

... and there are a lot of us that thinks it is a good idea to have a PVP area on PVE servers. Like you we think the location is poorly chosen. Thank you for speaking on out behalf. b:thanks
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey Kritty or Shelly, mind locking the pro pvp in SP thread in general discussion too (it's something about lowbies not needing stuff in SP), seems like all of these should be covered in this topic.
  • Ekio_Carol - Archosaur
    Ekio_Carol - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wouldent say i am happy with this change. Honestly ive been playing For 3 years. and im not going to lie i think the secret passege thing is stupid but im not gonna QQ about it. i just think that maybe it can be moved to a diffrent location becasue not everyone have high lvl friends to help them. and knowing my server. every high lvl will go in sp and kill everyone.
  • ZSin - Harshlands
    ZSin - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    TBH this is one of the best things to happen to pwi, they character just need to be warned that this is now allowed, ive gotten great use out of this, and i hope it stays. However i think a separate instance would be better, but its the plays own choice to enter secret passage, so they should know what could happen.

For people like me its great that all im saying. No risk involved and as i tell anyone who come by, dont pk me im trying to do my fb/bh i respect that and let them on their way , thats if they tell me. If they need a boss i always offer my services as i can solo any boss in the instance -.- so it will be done quickly and i help out the lowbies.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And what about culty boss what you need there. I think silverfrost. It will be impossible to kill him now, because always will some1 interrupting and pking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    Hey Kritty or Shelly, mind locking the pro pvp in SP thread in general discussion too (it's something about lowbies not needing stuff in SP), seems like all of these should be covered in this topic.

Hmm... Good point, if it's still open, I'll take care of it.b:thanks
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    TBH this is one of the best things to happen to pwi, they character just need to be warned that this is now allowed, ive gotten great use out of this, and i hope it stays. However i think a separate instance would be better, but its the plays own choice to enter secret passage, so they should know what could happen.

It's the pk'ers CHOICE to enter, if you want to do quest mobs/bosses it's REQUIRED to enter SP. When/IF they move Silver Frost and other quest mobs out of SP, nobody will give a rat **** about the pk there.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And what about culty boss what you need there. I think silverfrost. It will be impossible to kill him now, because always will some1 interrupting and pking.

I've noted this in the feedback spreadsheet.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Can you add Cave of Sadistic Glee or The Arena as possible better locations for the open PK instance. I think many people want this, it's just the location that is the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Options

For other quests in there, note Shade Eido, Dismal Shade, the Wheel of Earth, the level 40 Ghoul monsters, and the Guardian Demonfires.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Completly stupid..Sorry , it's my opinion..

It's like telling people "forget about that place and powerlevel up, quests aren't important"

People play on PvE servers to not worry about beeing pk'ed (except in cube), too lazy to make a arena for it ? Even if copy paste of theater of blood ?

Gratz on the thinking...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hey frankie, do Tunnel Snakes still rule?
    I <3 AGOREY
This discussion has been closed.