caster niv

Options

Comments

• Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I just did a caster nirv on my archer.

You need to get a talisman from BH1 quest first. After you have that ANY class can go.
    The only problem is that there is no daily bonus quest for non casters.

You can get 1 free talisman from mysterious old man each day, and 1 for every bh1 and bh2 you do/turn in. I got 4 today (1 from "pa", 1 from bh1 and 2 from bh2 turn-ins from yesterday). When I entered tho, the squad leader took the quest and one of the talismans disappeared; which made me assume that the whole squad need at least one talisman in the inventory to start the chain, but will have to confirm it first.

Now, for the actual melee vs caster thing, I think every kind of squad can start/enter it, as everyone can get the talisman; the difference between the modes are just the bosses, and some are even #@$% up for pure caster squad either...
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ok idk if anyone has noticed, but what is up with the opure caster niv, y don't pww make a pure phy mellee, its fair, the casters, get a better drop rate, its easier, what is going on pwe, plz explain y the caster got a pure caster niv

BS. I just did it. Drop rate is horrible. It take +40 minutes do do it with good squad. Couple time squad wipe. And you get 1 canny from quest. Not worth it for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I wonder if that bonus quest that gives a free canny for casters is a new daily or if it just a one time quest to teach you about the new nirv.

Considering it involves a pop-up I think it's just one time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BS. I just did it. Drop rate is horrible. It take +40 minutes do do it with good squad. Couple time squad wipe. And you get 1 canny from quest. Not worth it for me.
    I know you said quest but just to verify.. the canny you got was from split or from completion of a quest almost like talking to elder to finish 99 key quest?
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I know you said quest but just to verify.. the canny you got was from split or from completion of a quest almost like talking to elder to finish 99 key quest?

The quest itself has no reward/turn NPC, so you should get it instantly when the boss is killed; 80% for 1 uncunny and 20% for 1 rapture.
  • Perogies - Lost City
    Perogies - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Whats caster nirvana? Its not anywhere in the news...
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I did it. Took about 30 minutes, some wizard died several times and we got squadwiped once at the last boss.

Got 8 Uncannies and 2 Raptures.

made like 950k from sales, + 500k from my own uncanny I sold. So it's decent I guess. Pretty much a 1.5m worth daily.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
    edited August 2011
    Options

You get it immediately after boss kill. It will appear in your inventory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I did it. Took about 30 minutes, some wizard died several times and we got squadwiped once at the last boss.

made like 950k from sales, + 500k from my own uncanny I sold. So it's decent I guess. Pretty much a 1.5m worth daily.

You are lucky we got just 2 uncanies and 1 rapture. Two bosses didn't drop anything and 1 flawless shard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Ok, three things about this thread...

1, Finally, a NV that we casters can get into. TY PW! Please ignore the stabby-fishies, Human BM Meth twitchers and clawbarians... they have their own NV already.

2, OMG, It is Nirvana or NV for short... quit calling it vana. This isn't Wheel of Fortune... There isn't some tart in a white dress turning letters on a board. Say it with me boys and girls... Nirvana, (or NV)

3, If indeed the drop rate is a bit better for Caster Nirvana, only makes sense. APS Nirvana can run it 24 hours a day... we casters are limited to 3x/day from the sounds of it.

And last,
    for all you Stabby Fishes who told us to quit QQ'ing about APS..
    you who told us that without you, Nirvana wouldn't be possible...
    you who said that without you, prices would skyrocket and no one would be able to NV...

Bite my shiny metal @%%! b:laugh

This is funny...but oh so true.b:chuckle

+1, now instead of the 5aps classes saying "we don't need casters, make your own squad with friends/guild", I say "we don't need you." b:cool
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    welcome t onirvana on the sad drops casters LOLOLOL..now u see why we aps like to fly through this stuff as quickly as possible..ty GM/Dev's for showing this epicness to the magic class.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • nandadawn
    nandadawn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    All I am seeing in this thread is some people thinking they are being treated unfairly for once. b:surprised

1. QQ I don't like caster only nirvana it's not fair! - We don't like being rejected for regular nirvana either because we are squishy and LIKE being that way
    2. QQ drop rate is supposed to be better in caster only nirvana!! - Suck it up already. We don't like the fact that even if it IS better we only get to run it 1-3 times a day I think it was said (haven't been yet so I can't say for sure) that come 2x drops how many keys do you have saved up to spam regular nirvana while we are stuck with our 3 times a day?

3. QQ I wont have as many openers! - Oh no! The world is coming to an end! Someone else on this game can FARM for their gear! Here's a thought...try running with a full squad and take some non APS barbs, archers or sins! Try it, it will be fun!

4. QQ I'm not the center of the PWI universe! Not everyone must bow down at my feet! - That's just it! My world is going to crumble! I thought the world revolved around APS! APS isn't everything. Now I'm going to need years of thearpy to undo the damage that has been done! b:cry

5. QQ casters get lots of chances to regular nirvana too! Why do they need their own? - Let's face it, 2 minutes in squad to open is NOT running nirvana. I'm a cleric/veno main, I love my squishiness and I do get to go nirvana but my veno is married to a psy, want to honestly know how many times he's been in a RANDOM nirvana squad?

6. QQ there is always WC for casters in nirvana! - See point above. Unless it's friends taking friends in an all friends squad this is rarely the case, there are very few exceptions though. Even openers it's usually "LF barb and cleric openers for nirvy 150k"

That all being said enough QQ because PWI is trying to give casters a new toy that APS isn't supposed to be able to take away from us. b:shy Or do what you always tell us to do except reroll a caster instead of an APS character. Otherwise suck it up and deal. I still feel sorry for all the non aps barbs, sins, archers and seekers out there who still wont get regular nirvana and dont benefit from caster nirvana. All this QQ is giving me a headache though.
    I'm squishy and proud of it! b:victory I still love my kittehs though b:cute
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

That's something at least, although for a decent caster I kinda think that pairing with a BM doing TM runs would be a bit more profitable.
  • taina
    taina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hello there my fellow magic users!

I'm a lvl 91 Sage Mystic with nine lvls to go before I can do this instance! Guess I'll be hypering like mad! Any tips on how a Mystic should use skills in Caster Nirvana?

Been reading this thead all day and laughed at the comment on page 11; the one the moderator quoted! Hope PW makes more stuff like this for us magic casters!
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I see no point in why Melee classes should get their own Nirvana when a regular one can be run in 5-10 minutes anyhow, even with casters in it.
    The reason why casters are getting their own small instance is because there are people who have so many keys saved up, but are not able to use those keys because nobody will take wizards, psychics, etc.
    Sure, you may have no problem taking a caster, but other people want the run done quick so they can move on to the next one, continuing the flow of money they are making in a short amount of time.
  • /Amethyst - Sanctuary
    /Amethyst - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Comin from a 5 aps bm- seriously as many have said i hardly see any caster in nirvana squads leave them alone let them have their nirvana too- stop bein a bunch of QQ'ers b:pleased they need to get their gear too. as for me i might level my wiz to 100 to try it out hell i always wanted a high level wiz as it is- why not a extra incentive!!! grow up and stop bein a bunch of babies.

Any1 gotta link to a vid about the new instance? id like to check it out
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just as well after its opened other people can enter with proper buffs like magic ones like the wizards water buff or the BMs fire buff you can still do damage to the mobs........just not that much :P Then again with 5aps you will be on par with everyone else at that point xD. (also don't forget the elemental damage pots)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    How are you supposed to do it three times a day exactly? You have to finish it under 30 minutes like bh or something to turn the thing back in and get another quest?

Someone tell me it's not just a myth.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    short way seeker got the short end of the stick again ... cant enter caster nv and cant get 5aps so useless even if you spammstaggering strike fror a 20def lv debuff
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    short way seeker got the short end of the stick again ... cant enter caster nv and cant get 5aps so useless even if you spammstaggering strike fror a 20def lv debuff

Welcome to the life of a caster.

... well, pre-magic nirvana anyways:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    all classes can enter, and caster can get bonus quest.

no one is being excluded. honestly i think seekers should get a bonus quest in their 2.

but this is awesome news for casters!

gotta be honest, the reason why most peaple want APS couse drop rate sucks balls and not worth the trouble if it takes a long time to clear.

i honestly hope that caster nirvana has a better drop rate to ballance things out
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yay for the casters, it's taken PWI long enough to do something for them.

Now something for us abandoned barbs, please?

I can agree with you that barbs do have a hard time getting in nirvana squads but at least, Barbs and Archers can get 5aps and Barbs are also good for their buffs as well... If I can name a class who has the short end of the stick I would say Seekers... since they are not a magic class, they can't 5aps, and there buffs are useless because of the mirage cost. So unless the seeker has a good guild, or Friends... hes screwed... ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    all classes can enter, and caster can get bonus quest.

no one is being excluded.
    honestly i think seekers should get a bonus quest in their 2.

but this is awesome news for casters!

gotta be honest, the reason why most peaple want APS couse drop rate sucks balls and not worth the trouble if it takes a long time to clear.

i honestly hope that caster nirvana has a better drop rate to ballance things out

I saw this posted by several people saying that all classes can enter this new nirvana for mages, but then people in my faction says there is no way to do this with a non mage class. Just how is it possible? Yes, the bosses might be inmmune to physical damage - but archers get fire damage from blazing arrow buff for fists and metal attacks (which alot of people - even some archers seems to be forgetting >.< ) and pots and can still perma spark :D
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yes, the bosses might be inmmune to physical damage - but archers get fire damage from blazing arrow buff for fists and metal attacks (which alot of people - even some archers seems to be forgetting >.< ) and pots and can still perma spark :D

treu, but in lunar, you have 2 pillar mobs who are phys immune, i spark 5 aps it, and turned out i onely hitted like 400 per hit, with my wood buff. thats 2k per second, i think a good refined caster can easely pass that ammount

also seekers have debuffs wich boost caster damage insanely a lot, i think they should go on these nirvys 2 even tho they dont get the extra reward
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    treu, but in lunar, you have 2 pillar mobs who are phys immune, i spark 5 aps it, and turned out i onely hitted like 400 per hit, with my wood buff. thats 2k per second, i think a good refined caster can easely pass that ammount

also seekers have debuffs wich boost caster damage insanely a lot, i think they should go on these nirvys 2 even tho they dont get the extra reward

I remember killing the headless horse (phys immune boss) in COA, with blazing arrow buff and the elemental pots (and barb buffs), I was getting 1k plus per hit. I think barbs can too if they use another pot that gives elemental damage other than wood. That should be around 5k damage a second while in spark mode as a 5 aps with decent refined fists/claws.
  • Thayl - Heavens Tear
    Thayl - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Just Finish my first Caster Nirvana

Enter - 600k hp left in charm Out - no charm b:cry

Got 10 Cannys, but i think 2 where from the quest itself, dont know if those split
    Cuz i got from the quest 1 Rapture and didnt split. b:dirty

If you go there with Clerics, PLEASE one have to be main healer or enter with no charm cuz b:bye charm and yes i am, Q_Q.

Oh yeah forgot to tell, first try leader open normal nirvana b:chuckle that was fun all caster hugging ground nasty aoe 5k ea hit b:laugh.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Anyone can go because BH100 gives the tailsman quest item too :)
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • _Siegfried_ - Raging Tide
    _Siegfried_ - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    b:sad I tried the casters only nirvana with my seeker in the squad and sadly the quest fails for us all if we even have a single melee class in the squad . Its really sad that Seekers can't do the casters nirvana with all their pro debuffs like heartshatter,soul shatter and mind shatter plus skills like heartseeker and ion spike .. I seriously wish they would have done something for our class atleast so that we could farm nirvana without being aps b:irritated
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    **** me, people complaining they cant do caster nirvana because theyre a physical class....

I lol'd hard, then I cried and died a little inside b:sad
  • ElizabethF - Dreamweaver
    ElizabethF - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    oh yer, but not all people do that, i love clerics, maybe the oped cash shopers or what ever do that, but, still, they get a chance to get extra chance to get more money, clerics are an important part to niv, idc if people run with out them, a lot of people still take casters and clerics, so how is it fair they get a new niv all to the caster?

Indeed, as you say, clerics are important for squads. But then, why do i have 386 keys to go through still? Because 5.0 squads DON'T NEED CLERICS, and don't take them either, because they can easily live with bloodpaint buff. Feel bad for fist archers though. Kind of lame IMO. Want to be a 5.0 meele? Then just make a BM or assassin, seriously.

Blah, anyways, this caster nirvana instance is going to help a lot of casters that nobody ever takes to nirvana "because they kill to slow". C'mon dude, a rank 8 psychic or wizard can do in just one hit what you 5.0 classes do in 25. So thank you devs for bringing this to us always-left-out casters! Time to spend my keys woot! :3