caster niv

Comments

• Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I still dont understand the issue here. They patched something to balance aps/casters and now an APS class complains it was too much? b:surrender I dont see how this became a disadvantage to you, since you can do both Nirvanas too, and are still better off than any caster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PreDevil - Sanctuary
    PreDevil - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    in many ways, casters are more powerful than mellee, but its just the point of it all

instead of adding another vana mode, y don't gm's just focus on fixing glitches like dragons in fcc

but no matter what anyone sez i still think we should get a pure melee vana, to make it fair, but who seriously would want a melee inside a niv where melee is useless huh?

casters are not useless in normal niv

anyway good night, can't be bothered losing sleep over this -yawns- continue in the morning if mods, don't lock the thread
    PreDevil Endeavour lvl 101 Demon, Australian BladeMaster b:victory
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Why did I expect this? Well annyway here goes...

Even though you guys are some of the rare exeptions that actualy take wizzards or veno's or whatever with you... Most ppl don't... It's always 4.0 or 5.0 aps BM or SIN... And usualy a cleric but lot's of ppl are even going withouth cleric... Wich caused the fact that only BM's and SIN's could benefit from Nirvana's mostly... Putting aside the fact that Barbs, clasic Archers and Seekers are still left out... For us arcane users this is one thing we are realy happy about... And if they'd allow all classes in there the Arcane classes will be back at not getting into squads again cause of the freaking aps or g.t.f.o rule on this game... Can't you just be happy for others as well for once?

Just on a side note... My mom has a lvl 101 BM and she doesn't mind this Caster Nirvy at all... But I guess it's a weird thing these day's to think good about others getting something as well... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary
    Blue__Lycan - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Personally I think it was great move on balance but... some physical classes (barbs cough cough) aren't usually wanted in nirvana either. :U and on top of that as I said I'm an instance person.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm gonna say this once and only once. You want a phys nirvana now that casters got their own?

Well...

Tough. ****ing. Cookies.

(I was gonna say something else instead of "cookies")

I know of so many casters who essentially quit the class that they love so much just so they can get into regular nirvana squads and reroll sins/BM's even though their passion is magic slinging and killing things in TW with a blue dragon or an earth man. Even if they tried to start their own squads, they would be waiting for hours for a full squad.

When I started the caster nirvana today, the run took less than 40 minutes and setting up the squad took no more than 10 minutes. Compared to the 40-minute tele spam, I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Come on DW for a few hours. You'll see people doing nirvanas, but more than likely, they're asking for openers.

Also, it kinda puts casters on some level ground with the aps craze. It's not much, since it can be done max 3 per character a day, but it's in the right direction. Maybe more converted aps'ers will go back to their casters every once in a while.

Just on a side note... My mom has a lvl 101 BM and she doesn't mind this Caster Nirvy at all... But I guess it's a weird thing these day's to think good about others getting something as well...

^ this. My fiance's a BM. He went on a cleric to test it out. He found it fun. And now I can actually get him to farm a little more now. xD
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm gonna say this once and only once. You want a phys nirvana now that casters got their own?

Well...

Tough. ****ing. Cookies.

(I was gonna say something else instead of "cookies")

I know of so many casters who essentially quit the class that they love so much just so they can get into regular nirvana squads and reroll sins/BM's even though their passion is magic slinging and killing things in TW with a blue dragon or an earth man. Even if they tried to start their own squads, they would be waiting for hours for a full squad.

When I started the caster nirvana today, the run took less than 40 minutes and setting up the squad took no more than 10 minutes. Compared to the 40-minute tele spam, I'd say that's a pretty good deal. Come on DW for a few hours. You'll see people doing nirvanas, but more than likely, they're asking for openers.

Also, it kinda puts casters on some level ground with the aps craze. It's not much, since it can be done max 3 per character a day, but it's in the right direction. Maybe more converted aps'ers will go back to their casters every once in a while.

^ this. My fiance's a BM. He went on a cleric to test it out. He found it fun. And now I can actually get him to farm a little more now. xD

I am pleased for the casters because they have been left ou for years. Don t get me wrong as a seeker I an still left out but it's not impossible to find squad if you keep tryin or make one. Physical nirvana won't solve anything and the normal one is the same. So they could make a nirvana with low aps like 2 or we just adapt to change. On the bright side it could encourage me to make an arcane.

Seeker main here I will adapt to change I farmed rank 8 without nirvy and mercy and cash buy so I am very relaxed and patient person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver
    Lord_Ghetto - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i guess im 1 of the rare ppl that dont mind running nirv wit casters (if i have plenty of keys an can afford 2 run a full 6man squad) personally the only thing im offended by is the higher chances for cannies, rapts and the added bonus for completion.

lols with the higher drop rate an extra ppl that will do nirv now....wats going 2 happen to the price of cannies an rapts? if your going 2 **** up the market for nirv mats and add extra benefits y not make it for every1

for the record...i feel no more pitty for the mag classes an will now b another arrogant aps noob who absolutely refuses 2 take casters or non aps into nirv.... srry 2 all my friends and random pm's in advance
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their lv and beat you with experience." b:surrender b:laugh
  • Tiarina - Lost City
    Tiarina - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just can speek of what i've seen but casters are rarly wanted in NV... all they are always asking for is APS APS APS ... maybe some of you like casters in NV.. well most others don't.

Lost City Experience.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ok, three things about this thread...

1, Finally, a NV that we casters can get into. TY PW! Please ignore the stabby-fishies, Human BM Meth twitchers and clawbarians... they have their own NV already.

2, OMG, It is Nirvana or NV for short... quit calling it vana. This isn't Wheel of Fortune... There isn't some tart in a white dress turning letters on a board. Say it with me boys and girls... Nirvana, (or NV)

3, If indeed the drop rate is a bit better for Caster Nirvana, only makes sense. APS Nirvana can run it 24 hours a day... we casters are limited to 3x/day from the sounds of it.

And last,
    for all you Stabby Fishes who told us to quit QQ'ing about APS..
    you who told us that without you, Nirvana wouldn't be possible...
    you who said that without you, prices would skyrocket and no one would be able to NV...

Bite my shiny metal @%%! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011

1, Finally, a NV that we casters can get into. TY PW! Please ignore the stabby-fishies, Human BM Meth twitchers and clawbarians... they have their own NV already.

2, OMG, It is Nirvana or NV for short... quit calling it vana. This isn't Wheel of Fortune... There isn't some tart in a white dress turning letters on a board. Say it with me boys and girls... Nirvana, (or NV)

3, If indeed the drop rate is a bit better for Caster Nirvana, only makes sense. APS Nirvana can run it 24 hours a day... we casters are limited to 3x/day from the sounds of it.

And last,
    for all you Stabby Fishes who told us to quit QQ'ing about APS..
    you who told us that without you, Nirvana wouldn't be possible...
    you who said that without you, prices would skyrocket and no one would be able to NV...

Bite my shiny metal @%%! b:laugh

This is funny...but oh so true.b:chuckle
  • Damonischer - Lost City
    Damonischer - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2011

ok the one thing that i dont agree with this is that if we did run it 24 hours we would certainly be forced to use all our keys every day which is 4 only one more than ur 3 that has better drop rate and auto unc/rap for each person. and i know technically we could run all day if we wanted to spend 3m for keys but that's just ridiculous

and im not saying i dont like the caster nv the only thing i dont like is the difference in rewards
  • Intimidator - Heavens Tear
    Intimidator - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just my two cents: I think this physical-immune version is a small step in the right direction, to give the casters a leg up.

Despite some exaggerated claims in this thread about how casters get invited to Nirvana all the time, all of us APS classes know that's a load of bull - I've NEVER been in a squad where any caster other than a cleric is welcome, some of them are (barely) tolerated some of the time because they're friends with someone in the squad.

Hopefully this will resurrect some of the many abandoned casters who rerolled APS. Two thumbs up, PWI!

(Oh, and yeah, I'm a 5-APS BM, and not a reroll, I bet I'll lose my union card for this post!)
  • BrawlerBarb - Heavens Tear
    BrawlerBarb - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yay for the casters, it's taken PWI long enough to do something for them.

Now something for us abandoned barbs, please?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    QQQQQQQQQ
    That's all I read from the OP. b:bye
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Nice translation skill Janus, now I understand.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    1.Better drops for Casters
    Let's assume the drop rate for normal Nirvana is x% and drop rate for caster Nirvana is y%.

If you were to do 4 runs and 3 runs respectively,the chances of getting mats would be 4x% compared to 3y%.

4x=3y
    x=3/4y

For both to get the same amount of mats in those runs,normal Nirvana drop rates have to be 3/4 of the caster Nirvana drop rates.That's a 25% increase which I doubt is what they got.Even if caster Nirvana has a higher rate,they would almost always get a lower drop rate overall compared to normal Nirvana.

If the casters were to do 3 caster Nirvana and 1 normal after that,the rates would be 3y+x%.

4x=3y+x
    3x=3y
    x=y

For both to get the same amount of mats in those runs,caster Nirvana rates have to be the same as normal Nirvana rates.

Only in this case would the casters get an advantage given they have a bettter drop rate.However,you must note,a normal Nirvana would also definitely run faster and with less effort than a caster Nirvana given the choice of APS.

2.Melee-only Instance
    The way it is now,most squads are already like this.So putting it virtually brings no point whatsoever.
    Also,Archers would QQ since we don't exactly fall under Casters or Melee even if we use claws.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Damn you Archers and your math skills!!! Much too early in the morning to think about equations... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yay for the casters, it's taken PWI long enough to do something for them.

Now something for us abandoned barbs, please?

Abandoned Barbs ?

ROFL !

Nothing stopping you from restating and buying a pair of claws bub.

It's only your own stubbornness that has kept you out of regular Nirvana for so long. b:bye
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Let's assume the drop rate for normal Nirvana is x% and drop rate for caster Nirvana is y%.

If you were to do 4 runs and 3 runs respectively,the chances of getting mats would be 4x% compared to 3y%.

4x=3y
    x=3/4y

For both to get the same amount of mats in those runs,normal Nirvana drop rates have to be 3/4 of the caster Nirvana drop rates.That's a 25% increase which I doubt is what they got.Even if caster Nirvana has a higher rate,they would almost always get a lower drop rate overall compared to normal Nirvana.

If the casters were to do 3 caster Nirvana and 1 normal after that,the rates would be 3y+x%.

4x=3y+x
    3x=3y
    x=y

For both to get the same amount of mats in those runs,caster Nirvana rates have to be the same as normal Nirvana rates.

Only in this case would the casters get an advantage given they have a bettter drop rate.However,you must note,a normal Nirvana would also definitely run faster and with less effort than a caster Nirvana given the choice of APS.

2.Melee-only Instance
    The way it is now,most squads are already like this.So putting it virtually brings no point whatsoever.
    Also,Archers would QQ since we don't exactly fall under Casters or Melee even if we use claws.

Eh ?

Who let this archer in here ? b:shocked
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Im just a newbie archer,not as good as the others.

Please guide me along.b:thanks
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Really? Your complaining about how casters can actually farm nirvana now? I hardly get to do nirvana now bc ppl leave when Im in their squad. 5 aps players can spam nirvana all they want, exclude anyone who doesnt have 4 aps or better then complain when they do something to HELP ppl who are being excluded? (minus the barbs, they kinda got jipped on this one) There really is no pleasing you guys is there?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Really? Your complaining about how casters can actually farm nirvana now? I hardly get to do nirvana now bc ppl leave when Im in their squad. 5 aps players can spam nirvana all they want, exclude anyone who doesnt have 4 aps or better then complain when they do something to HELP ppl who are being excluded? (minus the barbs, they kinda got jipped on this one) There really is no pleasing you guys is there?

Enough with this myth about Barbs being screwed. The fluffy ones have been able to equip a pair of claws and go 5 aps for ages now and thus Nirvana to their heart's content... all while being able to tank even better than before (at least now they have a chance to hold aggro).

Seekers complaining I can understand to some degree since they straddle the melee/caster line somewhat.

But Barbs ?

GTFO. b:angry
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just have one thing to say about Caster Nirvy. *takes deep breath* WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!

Now maybe I can abandon my stupid 7x Sin i was growing for just one instance... hmmm, that sounds familiar. Leveling an alt to 100 for just one instance... seems like someone suggested that to someone else and that person said it was a waste of time. I wonder how many players have done just that for regular Nirvy?
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle
  • wildshamen
    wildshamen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is ridiculous. I have been playing as a mystic for a little over 3 months and have busted my butt to hit lv 84 and not once have I ever seen casters get invited into Nirvana. 2 thumbs up to the casters. I agree that barbs still get jipped in the end since most are built as tanks. But all this **** whining about casters having their own Nirvana is for the birds. If the "5 APS" think that they need their own nirvana well tough you guys just boot everyone else out anyways. I love watching world chat especially when you see people ask about aps and link your weapon. **** that. i have about 7 lv 102 friends on here that are 4-5 aps that have seen people leave squad since a caster was invited. so the QQ'ers need to get their heads out their butts and suck it up. Let casters have their own thing. If you dont like my comment, BLACKLIST ME.b:bye
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Not to go too far off topic...

Lay off the tank barbs. A tank barb is a cleric's best friend. I'd take a tank barb into any cave over a tweaked out sin, BM, or clawbarian.
    At least a tank barb knows how to watch out for us instead of going all Leroy Jenkins into a bunch of mobs saying " look at me, I'm a sin with fur". b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Enough with this myth about Barbs being screwed. The fluffy ones have been able to equip a pair of claws and go 5 aps for ages now and thus Nirvana to their heart's content... all while being able to tank even better than before (at least now they have a chance to hold aggro).

Seekers complaining I can understand to some degree since they straddle the melee/caster line somewhat.

But Barbs ?

GTFO. b:angry

b:laugh thanks for making me giggle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ok idk if anyone has noticed, but what is up with the opure caster niv, y don't pww make a pure phy mellee, its fair, the casters, get a better drop rate, its easier, what is going on pwe, plz explain y the caster got a pure caster niv

Not sure if trolling or just stupid but...

Casters have gotten left in the dust since aps came out, even clerics aren't needed in it thanks to 5aps + blood paint, now robes finally get a chance to farm their nirvana gear and you think its unfair to aps? Go to the time out corner, now and stay there....FOREVERb:chuckle

Im not sure what your talking about robes getting nirvana all the time, i have never seen a wizzard in nirvana.
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    New Caster Nirvana Guild forming...

Federation of
    United
    Casters
    Keeping
    Others
    From
    Failing
    And
    Positively
    Succeeding

Kritty, did I go too far with this one? b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011

You'll have to forgive me, but your math seems somewhat questionable. You arbitrarily chose a number of runs for each and then proceeded to claim that "For both to get the same amount of mats in those runs,normal Nirvana drop rates have to be 3/4 of the caster Nirvana drop rates." This is, essentially, an arbitrary conclusion from an arbitrary pretense?

Unless this was documented somewhere else. If so, forgive me.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    New Caster Nirvana Guild forming...

Federation of
    United
    Casters
    Keeping
    Others
    From
    Failing
    And
    Positively
    Succeeding

Kritty, did I go too far with this one? b:shutup

IMHO one of the top ten best forum posts EVER!!!
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle