caster niv

Comments

• FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    that's why you don't wait til the end to have people drop sillyb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oooh didn't know chests dropped in Nivana Caster too ^^
    I only did one run so far, no chest dropped.
  • Syedora - Sanctuary
    Syedora - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This thread made me laugh....so hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Desdi - Demon Venomancer ★ Aryami - Sage Cleric ★ Syedora - Sage Psychic ★
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    fact 1: before this 90% of the world chats read "LFM 4.0+ aps DDs for fast Nirvana" ocasionally a request for a cleric, or a veno, no wizzards, no psychics, rarely Mystics.

fact 2: now it's 50-50 with pure caster squads getting formed and psychics and wizzy actually having a huge impact on the squad creation.

ergo: it's refreshing, and it's fair.

True, anybody can get into normal Nirvana, but guess what? 90% of the mighty aps lovers thought getting casters would make the runs just too slow...you made normal nirvana aps required, the devs created caster nirvana to even it up. Shut up and stop crying.

Besides, the run can be done max 3 times per day if casters get all the talismans, normal nirvy can be repeated all day long as long as the party members have keys. People still get to do normal nirvy too.

It's true though that pure tank built barbs kinda got the least of it, and to a certain degree they have the right to complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i did it... i liked it.. and i think it is a great addition to the game. i wish i could do it more than 3 times a day... but... o well b:thanksb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    :o looking forward to try that nirv :D i still love normal nirv tho but lets see how it goes on the new one xP guess finally channeling will be counted in, also cant phy people go this nirv with a wizard and cast that water thingy on em? gives some elemental damage :o no? am i wrong? o.o still they'd not do as much damage as in the other one.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm not QQ'ing...well maybe I'm QQ'ing cause idiots like you want everything for themselves...and don't think about the other classes/people that are getting outdamaged and outnumbered by high aps...let it be, let the casters have their own damn nirvana, and go do your own, cause face it, normal nirvana is more likely to contain melee's than casters (even though I prefer to have a cleric in squad)...b:sweat so you back in your corner and b:shutup

b:angryb:angryb:angry

imma give you all good reasons to QQ on this thread:

1. It's a caster-only nirvana, good enough for QQ'ing since it's discrimination!!! Caster-only you see??? RACISM!!! Now don't start QQ'ing when the APS ones refuse you in FF runs. Cuz for FF to go fast, best is have APS!!! Casters, you got a long way to go before you reach lvl100 and do your caster nirvana. Since you're not welcomed in FF squads either (except for the ******n cleric). bwahahahaha!!!

2. Have you looked at my avatar pic??? yeah it's a barb. am not aps either (although i have an aps bm but let's not get there for the time-being, shall we?). just tank build. am i wanted in nirvana? no. reason enough to QQ here? yes!!! next time devs, make sure you don't forget the barb -_- yeah, this game forces my fellow barb comrades into travesties, that is, resetting their good old vit stats to get APS. and to add insult to that, they have to spend lots and lots of coins into refines and whatever **** shards to increase their hp. and to add insult to injury, ask a barb to hold agro against an aps freak -_- and you haven't even solved the case on agro-keeping for barbs. next time, make a tank-only nirvana run! last man (tiger) standing gets all cannies!!! or what if you just allow barbs to use fists/claws in true form and use all skills at that too?? that will really balance the whole lot!!! i have the right to complain cuz my main is a non-aps barb!!!

3. what about seekers then??? they got no aps? they're not even casters??? should we include them in nirvana run? technically yes cuz it's open for all. but then.... hell no!!! why? you're not aps. go make your own aps character. bwahahahaha. yeah i know, am such a hater and proud to be one. nah seriously. discrimination again? racism, racism i say out loud!

4. i really hate arcane, reason enough to QQ on caster nirvana! sorry, my wizzies friends, i only need you when i go in rb for your aoe, even though i let you die when you use DB, cuz you deserve it for stealing agro from me. sorry, my cleric friends, i only need you when i need a rez. sorry my veno friends, i only need you when i need chi (but then i can make my own but just lazy and counting on your generosity to pass me some ;p). sorry my sage psy friends (demons can go to hell...well they're already from there), i only need you to pass me soul of vengeance in rb to get agro instead of using aoe/roar (am so lazy i know). sorry, my mystic friends... oh...i dont have.... lmao!!! just like someone mentioned earlier about their hating to play melee. well i hate playing arcane!!! my right to QQ on this nirvana caster thingie!

5. am just trying to annoy all of you! bwahahahahaha.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    fact 2: now it's 50-50 with pure caster squads getting formed and psychics and wizzy actually having a huge impact on the squad creation.

Until you run into an archer who'll out damage 90% of the wizards out there.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    To Tigerninja:

1. My veno does get invited to normal nirvana and fcc runs, mostly because my friends love me though. b:kiss

2. I can understand your pain. I have played/helped level a sage vit build barb to 92. 14,000 hp in tiger form. 145k repair bill when I was stupid and pulled an entire nix valley to the boss XD. People only really need him for buffs. I have no real motivation to level him to 100. Doubt he'd be needed in bh100 or nirvana. No plans to restat him to fist barb ever! b:angry

3. Seekers are incredibly awesome at fcc, and delta, and that absolutely bannable glitch with the goons. Many I've seen level at an absolutely crazy rate. After pretty much replacing barbs in fcc and leveling fast. It would suck if they aren't invited to endgame stuff :x .

4. You hate arcane? Thats fair enough. It took me a year and a half (and a makeover) for me to level my Blademaster past lvl 10. I tried to level an aps sin or two for farming purposes but... Every minute I play a sin feels like a kick in the groin. When I charge $20 and spend it on assassin skills, I feel like I threw my money down a giant hole. Whenever I play a cleric in BH, FF, or TT, I try to get the sins in my squad killed as often as I possibly can. So yeah, I can totally relate to not wanting to spend time and money on an arcane :3

(to any of my friends reading this. I'm exaggerating a little. I love your sin, and I try not to kill them too often.)

5. I enjoy trying to troll people every now and then too. I mostly do it in world chat X3.
  • NaughtyZOOT - Dreamweaver
    NaughtyZOOT - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    From what is known, the new caster Nirvana can only be run to its full potential once per day, while regular Nirvana can be spammed into infinity as long as you have the keys. Don't complain about the developers attempting to allow casters who rarely (if ever) get into regular Nirvanas a piece of the pie.

I second that sentiment!
  • TeaI - Dreamweaver
    TeaI - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011

1. It's a caster-only nirvana, good enough for QQ'ing since it's discrimination!!! Caster-only you see??? RACISM!!! Now don't start QQ'ing when the APS ones refuse you in FF runs. Cuz for FF to go fast, best is have APS!!! Casters, you got a long way to go before you reach lvl100 and do your caster nirvana. Since you're not welcomed in FF squads either (except for the ******n cleric). bwahahahaha!!!

2. Have you looked at my avatar pic??? yeah it's a barb. am not aps either (although i have an aps bm but let's not get there for the time-being, shall we?). just tank build. am i wanted in nirvana? no. reason enough to QQ here? yes!!! next time devs, make sure you don't forget the barb -_- yeah, this game forces my fellow barb comrades into travesties, that is, resetting their good old vit stats to get APS. and to add insult to that, they have to spend lots and lots of coins into refines and whatever **** shards to increase their hp. and to add insult to injury, ask a barb to hold agro against an aps freak -_- and you haven't even solved the case on agro-keeping for barbs. next time, make a tank-only nirvana run! last man (tiger) standing gets all cannies!!! or what if you just allow barbs to use fists/claws in true form and use all skills at that too?? that will really balance the whole lot!!! i have the right to complain cuz my main is a non-aps barb!!!

3. what about seekers then??? they got no aps? they're not even casters??? should we include them in nirvana run? technically yes cuz it's open for all. but then.... hell no!!! why? you're not aps. go make your own aps character. bwahahahaha. yeah i know, am such a hater and proud to be one. nah seriously. discrimination again? racism, racism i say out loud!

4. i really hate arcane, reason enough to QQ on caster nirvana! sorry, my wizzies friends, i only need you when i go in rb for your aoe, even though i let you die when you use DB, cuz you deserve it for stealing agro from me. sorry, my cleric friends, i only need you when i need a rez. sorry my veno friends, i only need you when i need chi (but then i can make my own but just lazy and counting on your generosity to pass me some ;p). sorry my sage psy friends (demons can go to hell...well they're already from there), i only need you to pass me soul of vengeance in rb to get agro instead of using aoe/roar (am so lazy i know). sorry, my mystic friends... oh...i dont have.... lmao!!! just like someone mentioned earlier about their hating to play melee. well i hate playing arcane!!! my right to QQ on this nirvana caster thingie!

I was going to just stop reading there but I'm glad I didn't cause your QQ is such epic fail. b:laugh
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's really funny that some APS characters are complaining about this, when it's obvious that caster classes have way less of a chance (not 0% but a significant amount) to get into normal nirvana (which can be spammed + 2x is coming out). Some casters even had to make new APS characters just to be able to farm, and that's sad you should be able to play the class you enjoy and still be able to make money. This new nirvana can only really be done once a day anyways, and it finally gives us some new content to casters instead of raging on all those APS people who don't take us into nirvana "forcing us" to kill them during TW time :P

So thank you PWI for remembering us casters classes, since we are most of the time excluded from into those normal nirvana squads. I guess the only bad thing about caster nirvana is more of the APS people now might not take casters on normal ones because we have "our own" nirvana, especially with this 2x drops coming up

**NOTE** To caster classes, ask for an APS opener for caster nirvana they get mad hahahah
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    Ignasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Has anyone figured out how to reaquire the quest to kill the last boss in this nirv? The one where u have an 80% chance to get a canny and 20% chance to get a rap. Cause I havnt been able to get it again since the first time i completed it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anelyn - Sanctuary
    Anelyn - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Has anyone figured out how to reaquire the quest to kill the last boss in this nirv? The one where u have an 80% chance to get a canny and 20% chance to get a rap. Cause I havnt been able to get it again since the first time i completed it

Since it's a pop-up quest I believe it is just a one-time introduction quest like those that tell you to visit an elder in a new city.
  • Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The Caster Nirvana bosses do have lower HP than normal nirvana bosses (about 2m).There is a reason why normal Nirvana squads prefer APS classes, just cause it goes faster. Did you even try the normal Nirvana without APS and only casters? Even if its possible, it would still take about an hour/run. How is it fair, that APS squads can earn 6x of a casters squad in the same time with less expenses?
    Your argument about casters going APS just for farming is ridiculous. It would defeat the purpose of chosing a caster class to begin with. Sad enough Barbs nowadays are forced to go APS to be able to farm. Same thing with being forced to make an alt just to earn some money. I made a Sin just for Nirvana, because even my cleric became useless and dead weight. I hate playing it, meelee classes are just not to my taste. So in a game, where i am supposed to have a fun time, i am forced to play a class i hate, just to support my main? Does that still sound anything like fun? I dont think so.
    TY PWI for giving us some of our fun back b:victory

^- this x1000

Good to see a lil balance for the casters there. With the upcoming 2x drop event it is even more win. Let us just hope that it won
  • PreDevil - Sanctuary
    PreDevil - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:shocked wow look at all these posts, can't belive so many posts in so few days, b:shocked

anyone wanna give me an overview b:chuckle
    PreDevil Endeavour lvl 101 Demon, Australian BladeMaster b:victory
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Summary:
    Casters happy, APSers sad and everyone amused that they are objecting to having some of their "Reroll or gtfo" slogans thrown back at them.

A bit of wondering about who can actually take the quest (leader has to be one of the casting classes, everyone else can be anything) - but the mobs are physical immune which kinda screws it up for most non-caster classes.

A bit of discussion about venos (phys immune bosses, so traditional pets, including herc, are no damn use) - said discussion continues in the veno forum.

Noting that the intro quest is once only, talk about how you get to do it 3 times daily (once normally, then 2 more from BH rewards)

Seekers and other "Not a sin or fake sin" feeling rightfully slightly screwed over.

I think that's most of it.
  • PreDevil - Sanctuary
    PreDevil - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wow such a small summary for 167 posts, thank you Vitenka
    PreDevil Endeavour lvl 101 Demon, Australian BladeMaster b:victory
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Can`t understand why aps monkeys are so butt - hurt about this "new" feature, most of high aps people wouldn`t even dare to take an arcane in their squad, now that arcanes have a separate instance, melee ddr`s rage, WTF, this community is seriously screwed. And it`s not like arcanes can spam nirvana all day long (until they are out of keys), it`s 3 or smth runs PER DAY.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    She pretty much summed it up.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Can`t understand why aps monkeys are so butt - hurt about this "new" feature, most of high aps people wouldn`t even dare to take an arcane in their squad, now that arcanes have a separate instance, melee ddr`s rage, WTF, this community is seriously screwed. And it`s not like arcanes can spam nirvana all day long (until they are out of keys), it`s 3 or smth runs PER DAY.

True the only that should be annoyed is seekers since none casters and aps but we can do other things like delta and other things or form a squad or find friends either from faction or the good random runs where you add people. But casters had it alot worse before update so nothing is wrong. To be honest I am happy because this will balance things out and I hate the high level aps that are greedy. They can still farm but they are annoyed because they are greedy. Maybe if pwi block aps from nirvana then they can understand what the casters went through.

:) Enough said I hope i can clear some keys or get my free subs. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well.. now that casters have their own Nirvana let's just stop taking them to normal Nirvana? They'll have theirs, we'll have ours, and we'll all be one big, happy, segregated family! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    I've done hundreds of Nirvana, and I was maybe 2 or 3 times only with another casting class than veno or cleric. And that was some faction runs.
    Stop the hypocrysy please.
    It doesn't change anything for aps anyway; it just makes casters happy.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Summary:
    Casters happy, SOME whiney APSers are sad. The rest of us APSers laugh at them and then go back to spamming regular Nirvana while chuckling at casters being stuck with only 3 nirvys a day during 2x drops event. And everyone else amused that they are objecting to having some of their "Reroll or gtfo" slogans thrown back at them.

A bit of wondering about who can actually take the quest (leader has to be one of the casting classes, everyone else can be anything) - but the mobs are physical immune which kinda screws it up for most non-caster classes.

A bit of discussion about venos (phys immune bosses, so traditional pets, including herc, are no damn use) - said discussion continues in the veno forum.

Noting that the intro quest is once only, talk about how you get to do it 3 times daily (once normally, then 2 more from BH rewards)

Seekers and other "Not a sin or fake sin" feeling rightfully slightly screwed over.

I think that's most of it.

Fixed. :-)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Fixed. :-)

Nope, pretty sure it's all the whiny ones :)
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nope, pretty sure it's all the whiny ones :)

Ha Ha... good point. Should have just said "some" APSers. ;-)
  • dearangel
    dearangel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well.. now that casters have their own Nirvana let's just stop taking them to normal Nirvana? They'll have theirs, we'll have ours, and we'll all be one big, happy, segregated family! b:cute

Isn't that pretty much how it is already?

To be honest, any melee class complaining right now should be shot in the foot : /
    Stop QQing when you guys get all the regular nirvana's as is, as much as you dang well please. My main is a 101 psychic, and want to know something? I've only been invited to two nirvana's, in a span of 5-6 months. Sad part is, both runs where pity runs by a few friends of mine after weeks of poking and prodding.

Also I'm sick of this "Oh I invite casters to runs" You know what? Maybe 00000.1% of aps players do this. `and usually its either among friends, or only clerics (SOMETIMES) or maybe venos get a pass in because of their sage amp. Otherwise I NEVER see a squad looking for casters, and if one joins most the aps players end up ditching because they cant take 10 more minutes out of their schedule to help a caster out. Now that's segregation.

The sad part is, Im one of those players who had to make another class just to get nirvana's. Granted I made a claw archer, but I worked my butt off to make her 5 apps just so I can get a nirvana or two. Speaking of; any barb or archer complaining about this, stop. At least I see barbs and archers in nirvana squads more often then a caster, and at least both archers and barbs are given an opportunity to go apps. Wizards, Mystics, Psychics etc dont very well have this possibility.

So why melee classes have to QQ now and play this "Oh well now I wont bring casters anymore to runs" -- 5$ says you didn't in the first place. `and to those who did, I thank you because you are a rare few.

I mean, its not like we as casters can spam this run every time we please. We are pressed down to only 3 runs a day max, and thats if we take the time to get two BH100s done. So often times its really just 1 run. Not 3. So where we can get maybe 1-3 runs a day with a slightly bigger drop rate, you guys can sit there and spam as many as you have the keys you saved up for and double or even triple the amount we got.

PS.
    Last note, seekers are the only class I think that have the right to QQ right now; cause to some respect they did get left out as a class thats not really caster, or apps.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I really like Tank Barbs so I decided to read this post...
    Then, I started reading the post and saw...

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, I once got 1 shot by a lvl 90 EP and I'm butt-hurt, blah, blah, blah...

Again, I love Tank Barbs... my FL is full of them (as any cleric's)...
    But this guy (or girl?) needs to take a reality orb, meditate and some stats to their logic build.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gobroncos
    gobroncos Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    From what I am seeing when I am on (HT) caster squads don't exist. I have managed to do 2 but you are lucky to see a shout for caster squads.

Clerics found that it is quicker to just do normal nirvs and others say it is faster just to play their aps toons.