Cube Should Not Be Pk Enabled!!!!

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You are confusing the average player with a specific player. Take the average of everyone on a server and that's the average player. If the average player has less XP then the average player will have less demand for 99 skills.

Also if the average player gets upset at the atitude of players such as you and decide to play a better game that would also decrease demand.

This reasoning is as valid as your argument.

Well... never expect my argument would be one sided. I am not concerned with the average player level. I was stating the player level that I do see in cube. There could be thousands of of level 8x (or below) players for all that matters.... but as long as we don't see each other... they do not exist to me and I do not exist to them. The people that i do see in cube are all (if not at least 95%) above level 90. And those are the people that concerns me... since after all... they exist to me.

I hardly think anyone quit the game because of me. Although I did made a guildie leave (the guild) cause I killed her friend in cube. And I do have a few guildie on kos cause they messed with my alt. But hey... thats just me. Most of the people I end up killing are well in to their 90s... they are more or less established. Even if i made a small percent of them leave then game. As long as they decrease in demand is over shadowed by the decrease in supply... all is fine with me.

And finally... I am not sure how well your logic of pk-ing people makes them leave the game. God knows I been pked many times in cube (and elsewhere) and yet I still stick to it until the game got ulterally borning for me. Although I do wonder how many people left the game cause i barraged their tower/crystal/spawn in tw. Pretty sure I got some poor sap 3-4 times in the same barrage activation. While I am willing to accept that there might be a few that left the game because of my actions... i doubt they are in the norm.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Kittsuko - Sanctuary
    Kittsuko - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I agree with the OP that Cube should be PK-disabled.

In addition, I feel that rooms that forces PK should simply be removed from the pool and the dice rerolls whenever the current roll lands there.

I, like many others, picked a PVE server when we started specifically to avoid having to deal with grief PK. The current Cube encourages just that.

Cube is part of the game that I would like to experience. But in its current state, I could be hampered a factor that's beyond my control.

PVP enthusiasts should simply roll in a PVP server if they so desire. PVE should be just that, Player Against Environment.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Kiyoshi made my day
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I never expect anyone to give up cube after I kill them. In fact I have killed the same person in room 11 (or whatever is the first jail room) twice in the time it took me to get my dice. But the more people that I can force to start over. The more the cost associated to completing the cube for them will be. And with increased cost... there is a good chance they won't be able to afford to cube every day... and hence less cube pages to flood the market. Personally... I can only prevent so many pages from entering the market. But with my fellow like-minded people... I am willing to go out on a limb to say that we have successfully prevented hundreds if not thousands of cube pages from flooding the market and driving down the cost.
    Are you operating on obsolete statistics here? You're delusional if you think the price of dice are going to influence whether people continue cube or not.

Dice cost maybe 400-500 coins if you're smart enough to know how to get them right. Maybe 800 tops from the average catshop in room 1. How many dice does it take to get to room 32? Maybe... ten? On average? So if you camped room 32, every time you killed someone, you would cost that specific person 8k. Are you seriously telling me that you think the loss of 8k, maybe two or three times over, is going to dissuade them from getting a 400k+ PoF?

And as Asterelle has already pointed out, any negligible supply-side modifier you force onto the market is going to be more than countered by a myriad of others (on both sides). Even if it did make an impact, that impact would never be large enough to be provable, much less beneficial to your goals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Feeling tough I see, try being a lower lvl and get constantly pked in cube, thus, disabling your goal of finishing it, when I did cube I monitored many sins in the boring room who were in stealth if they would attack any players, if so I`d kill them mercilessly for just being pus sies.

I would agree only on 1 condition that cube should be pk enabled, IF you wouldn`t need room 38 for culti then you wouldn't even need to go there, unless you want pages and sometimes are a bit lucky ad get ecstasy, etc cards, pk sure ads a challenge to it, but ffs remove stealth from there, some snotty kids who are getting beaten up in school hide in stealth waiting for an unsuspecting victim to kill.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Dice cost maybe 400-500 coins if you're smart enough to know how to get them right. Maybe 800 tops from the average catshop in room 1. How many dice does it take to get to room 32? Maybe... ten? On average? So if you camped room 32, every time you killed someone, you would cost that specific person 8k. Are you seriously telling me that you think the loss of 8k, maybe two or three times over, is going to

Other costs? Arrows, pot repairs xD There are also rooms like bully and robber rooms that costs money. If you were buffed, you'd loose that and have to get it again. If you were charmed, charm ticks.

Oh, and time is money.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I won't go so far as to advocate removal of those like Lenie is, but the point really isn't so much the removal. Cube is a perfect example of PVP where it does not belong.

PK Tournament? Come on, the only reason you would do something like that is to PK. That's a no-brainer. Same with TW. Both give rewards, both require PK. But not only is PK also the central element of both, they also require you to PK other players in order to receive the rewards.

DT, I'm on the fence with tbh. I will admit that the concept of DT works better with PVP, but the degradation of the PVP system and peoples' abuse of DT makes me hesitate to support it as such. I mean come on, why does Enrage camp the fashion turn-in NPC? What possible purpose does that serve? At the very least, the DT safe zone should be expanded to include that NPC.

But back to cube. Cube is different from tourney and TW, in that PK is not central to the experience and has little to nothing to do with the rewards. The obvious exceptions to this are, of course, 14 and 34. And as annoying as those two are, I'd support leaving them in as a novel challenge... one that no other room is based on.

But more importantly, it's about not encouraging griefing. What does that sin get out of killing Annalyse in room 33? Does he get an item? Does he get a free pass through the room? Does he help his faction achieve measurable goals? No. Aside from a negligible increment to an utterly pointless number on his Core Connect page, all he gets is the empty satisfaction born from causing hardship to another, namely by killing someone who just wanted to get her two mobs done so she could get out of there. And what is griefing, if not causing pointless hardship?
    How many times have I seen people stand around and attempt to KS oracle mobs, or KS MQ mobs? People being people encourages griefing. Even on a PVE server it isn't people always happily holding hands and continuously killing mobs exclusively. The cube is not like normal PVE-exclusive instances. They aren't going to change cube when it was this way from the start, and these rooms are PK enabled on purpose, not by accident. The only possible thing they can do is perhaps modify chrono quest to not go to room 38 or cube at all. That I can agree with, but wow are you guys taking a simple issue of killing people in very blatant PK rooms in cube too seriously. If it hasn't already started to seep into the topic, I expect some outside-the-game psychoanalysis made by those who dislike killing other players in the cube toward those who do, because this is how seriously some are taking it. Lighten up people. They don't need a goal, the fact that it pisses you off is enough of one, and it doesn't take PVP to achieve that.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I expect some outside-the-game psychoanalysis made by those who dislike killing other players in the cube toward those who do, because this is how seriously some are taking it.
    They don't need a goal, the fact that it pisses you off is enough of one

when you're talking about people who would go to some effort --- ANY effort, even just logging into a game --- to **** off other people simply for the sake of pissing off other people... actually, i'd say some outside-the-game psychotherapy might be sorely needed. because, y'know, that just ain't normal sensible behavior. act like that anywhere that isn't a videogame, you're gonna end up friendless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is it annoying to get pk'd in cube? Sure

Does getting pk'd stop people from doing cube? No

Do you know you can get pk'd in certain rooms? Yes

Is cube a "do at your own risk" instance? Yes

Is cube optional to your gameplay? Yes

Can it take you 2 hours to do cube without even being pk'd? Yes (called bad luck)

Can you die in cube just as easily without being touched by another player? Yes

Sorry but when people enter Cube they know, and have known, that there is a potential to be pk'd...regardless of whether one may think it is "right" or "wrong"...Just the way that it is. It would be like getting mad because you can get pk'd in DT when you KNOW that it is pk enabled, as with the Tourney on Thursday's. Ohhhhh but how interesting would it be if CoA was pk enabled?! b:chuckleb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited July 2011

no.

you're trying to say it's optional to YOUR gameplay. not everyone plays this game for the same reasons. (if they did, we'd not have both pv"e" and pvp servers, now would we?)

Ohhhhh but how interesting would it be if CoA was pk enabled?!

you're on lost city; you trying to tell me there are instances on a pvp server where pvp is arbitrarily not enabled? because, hey, if so --- we can trade...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is it annoying to get pk'd in cube? Sure

Does getting pk'd stop people from doing cube? No

Do you know you can get pk'd in certain rooms? Yes

Is cube a "do at your own risk" instance? Yes

Can it take you 2 hours to do cube without even being pk'd? Yes (called bad luck)

Can you die in cube just as easily without being touched by another player? Yes

Sorry but when people enter Cube they know, and have known, that there is a potential to be pk'd...regardless of whether one may think it is "right" or "wrong"...Just the way that it is. It would be like getting mad because you can get pk'd in DT when you KNOW that it is pk enabled, as with the Tourney on Thursday's. Ohhhhh but how interesting would it be if CoA was pk enabled?! b:chuckleb:surrender

It's not optional to your gameplay, it's required for a culti. Cultis aren't optional, you can't finish getting your skills or finish the storyline of the game without them. Also, in those other instances there are rewards to fight to fight over and PK is kinda the whole point. I can't think of a single other instance that is required to finish the game that has pointless forced pvp of blue name players. Now on the pvp servers, you decided you want pvp to be a part of everything you do so that's another server. On a pve server, it's quite that opposite. It's false advertising really, since a pve server kinda denotates that you won't be REQUIRED to pvp. Those other instances are all optional, the cube of fate is not as it's required to finish the storyline of the game. The only quest that stays with you through the entire game. A quest that if you don't finish you can never have a complete character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    no.

you're trying to say it's optional to YOUR gameplay. not everyone plays this game for the same reasons. (if they did, we'd not have both pv"e" and pvp servers, now would we?)
    It's not optional to your gameplay, it's required for a culti. Cultis aren't optional, you can finish getting your skills or finish the storyline of the game without them. Also, in those other instances there are rewards to fight to fight over and PK is kinda the whole point. I can't think of a single other instance that is required to finish the game that has pointless forced pvp of blue name players.

Do you both know how many people do not even do that Culti? Once again that paart of your Culti is optional and I cannot even begin to count how many people just do not care and do not do it. You do not NEED the maps, it is just a bonus for the Belt's and IF, again I say IF, you want to finish your 100 culti which is only good if you are getting any of your 100 skils. IJS...Therefore, it is still technically optional, since the Chrono is not technically 100% needed for anything other then what I stated above. =)

Now, IF you want to argue the whole "QQ I need culti," sure I will go with it. Why? Because why is there not "OMFG QQ ROOM 38 CANNOT BE PASSED, IT IS TOO HARD" threads?

*waits*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    How about we take Lenie's idea. Lets take TW on pvp servers only and make it not pvp enabled. During pvp TW everyone would just stand there being unable to fight.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    How about we take Lenie's idea. Lets take TW on pvp servers only and make it not pvp enabled. During pvp TW everyone would just stand there being unable to fight.

b:chuckle

I laughed rl xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why is PK in room 1 bannable? It's hard to answer that question while still saying PK of blue names in say room 33 is ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited July 2011
    Do you both know how many people do not even do that Culti? Once again that paart of your Culti is optional and I cannot even begin to count how many people just do not care and do not do it. You do not NEED the maps, it is just a bonus for the Belt's and IF, again I say IF, you want to finish your 100 culti which is only good if you are getting any of your 100 skils. IJS...Therefore, it is still technically optional, since the Chrono is not technically 100% needed for anything other then what I stated above. =)

Now, IF you want to argue the whole "QQ I need culti," sure I will go with it. Why? Because why is there not "OMFG QQ ROOM 38 CANNOT BE PASSED, IT IS TOO HARD" threads?

*waits*

You are confusing personal preference with the actual story of the game. just because some people choose not to do it, doesn't mean other people don't want to finish the game. For some of us, we do read the quest texts. We do want to see the final part of the story. For some people, they do it for the quests. Just because you're like "meh, I don't care about the story I just wanna do X," and many other people share your opinion does not change the fact that in order to beat the storyline of the game, you MUST do your culti. Some people choose to stop levelling at 29 and use this game as instant messenger too. That doesn't change the storyline of the game. You CANNOT complete the game without doing it, therefore it is a requirement.

Also, there are plenty of people who complain about having trouble getting to Room 38, what are you talking about? You also don't see QQ FB69 is too hard for people who play PVE only. Why? Because they don't mind a challenge, but the reason they choose a pve server is because we want it to be a pve challenge. We want what is advertized, which is that since it is a pve server there will be no point in time where were are required to pvp. If you still want to pvp, you can have the option on a pve server. But it should at no point be REQUIRED.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Also, there are plenty of people who complain about having trouble getting to Room 38, what are you talking about? You also don't see QQ FB69 is too hard for people who play PVE only. Why? Because they don't mind a challenge, but the reason they choose a pve server is because we want it to be a pve challenge. We want what is advertized, which is that since it is a pve server there will be no point in time where were are required to pvp. If you still want to pvp, you can have the option on a pve server. But it should at no point be REQUIRED.

So you also complain then about the events or other instances that are PK enabled? You complain because the Tournament is pk or DT is open pk or the Water/Fire Orb Cave (damn I forget the name LOL) is open pk...etc, etc, etc...

I play on a PvE server on my main and sure it can get annoying if you do not want to deal with it or just are not in the mood, but even the newest and noobiest of players KNOW about the pk enabled instances and it is just part of the gameplay and the mechanics of the game. Just how it is and how it has always been.

Just like Zoe mentioned as well...So, I play a PvE server and I want to TW but I do not want to PK, therefore it should just be a race to the other person's base OR allow people to have the option to "turn on" pk while in TW? It is the same arguement...What makes one instance that has ALWAYS been this way for 3 years all of a sudden a QQ instance? It is just not how it is. And the Cube of Fate has been and always will be a "do at your own risk" instance and the GM's have stated this numerous times.

The fact is the Cube is how it is and how it will always be. Regardless of whether or not you want to get your culti done, get exp, just run it for PoF's or whatever. People enter KNOWING there is a chance to get pk'd and a chance to die (or even fial) just from any number of rooms (14, 34, 38, 27, 9, 30, 47, etc, etc). I think there are rooms that are 10x worse for MOST people then the off-chance that someone is there to pk them. b:surrender

I can slightly sympathize to a point because I have been killed in Cube myself TONS of times since I have been running it for years, both on LC and on my current server. But, I also go in knowing that I can die and have died, even at level 103. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Just like Zoe mentioned as well...So, I play a PvE server and I want to TW but I do not want to PK, therefore it should just be a race to the other person's base OR allow people to have the option to "turn on" pk while in TW? It is the same arguement...What makes one instance that has ALWAYS been this way for 3 years all of a sudden a QQ instance? It is just not how it is. And the Cube of Fate has been and always will be a "do at your own risk" instance and the GM's have stated this numerous times.

I think you didn't understand what Zoe/Lenie meant about that point x3
    edited July 2011
    Why is PK in room 1 bannable? It's hard to answer that question while still saying PK of blue names in say room 33 is ok.
    Primarily because Room 1 is used as a teleport mechanism to Archosaur for 40+, as I'm sure you well know. Actually doing the cube is different from porting into it (Room 1). There's also no mobs to one shot you in Room 1 either, so it's not really meant to be a room where people can die at all. They just have developers who didn't originally develop the game and thus cannot seem to "fix" one thing without "breaking" ten others.

The cube is not like every other instance. It's designed to allow for PK even on PVE servers. For the time being, if someone has any objection to the chrono quest to get into Room 38 (Dragon Gate EX.. it's also PK enabled there btw, so ants and hands aren't your only concern), they simply don't do it. It obviously prevents one from getting their first full chrono rebirth to open Moonshade (and thus finish the 100 cultivation chain by doing the second one), and obviously doesn't allow for finishing the chrono quest for the belt, but that's one's choice in the matter.
    edited July 2011
    So you also complain then about the events or other instances that are PK enabled? You complain because the Tournament is pk or DT is open pk or the Water/Fire Orb Cave (damn I forget the name LOL) is open pk...etc, etc, etc...

Eh, don't confuse me with the other person. None of those instances are required to beat the story, so I really do not care if they are pk enabled or not. I do not mind pvp on a pve server, I just mind that it is required to do so. And I think it's stupid they banned pk in SP, when you either choose to roll a pvp server or choose to white named, when you are in SP. Sure lots of people want to do their fb29 in there, but FBs aren't required to reach the next cultivation level and they don't even add to the overarching story of the game. There is no culti quest in 29, but that is banned because you have to do your culti. -_- While cube IS required for your culti, but that's not bannable. Because your culti needed to be the storyline of the game is optional but an fb which is not required to beat the storyline of the game is oh so important that pkers must be banned if they interfere. You don't even that to run through sp to get to Qingzi, you could port inside. That makes zero sense.

I play on a PvE server on my main and sure it can get annoying if you do not want to deal with it or just are not in the mood, but even the newest and noobiest of players KNOW about the pk enabled instances and it is just part of the gameplay and the mechanics of the game. Just how it is and how it has always been.

Meh, just because that is how it's always been doesn't mean it should be that way.

TW isn't required to beat the story of the game, it's just a fun thing to do in the game. That is the big difference. Also, I wouldn't want TW to be a pve only thing. I think that is asking for a little too much. The entire point of TW is that it group based PVP thing to do for fun.

The fact is the Cube is how it is and how it will always be. Regardless of whether or not you want to get your culti done, get exp, just run it for PoF's or whatever. People enter KNOWING there is a chance to get pk'd and a chance to die (or even fial) just from any number of rooms (14, 34, 38, 27, 9, 30, 47, etc, etc). I think there are rooms that are 10x worse for MOST people then the off-chance that someone is there to pk them. b:surrender

Just because you know something is stupid, and has always been stupid, doesn't mean you have to put up with the stupid silently. It's really more of thing where the gms/cm have proven over and over that they do not care about their playerbase or delivering what they promised. Look at the guild bases for example. You can't even duel in their let alone have 40 v 40 group pvp. The fact of that matter is that PK in the cube that actually does prevent people from doing their culti should be bannable, pk in SP that doesn't actually hamper anyone from doing a required quest should not be bannable, 40 v 40 group wars should be in the base, and numerous other glitches should have been fixed already.

I can slightly sympathize to a point because I have been killed in Cube myself TONS of times since I have been running it for years, both on LC and on my current server. But, I also go in knowing that I can die and have died, even at level 103. b:sweat

I go in knowing that too, and will force log sometimes and go watch a movie. But my gameplay shouldn't be interrupted and hampered in this manner when I already went through the proper precautions to make sure it wouldn't be by rolling a pve server.

replies in yellow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited July 2011
    Do you both know how many people do not even do that Culti?

how is that relevant? i don't play the game for any of THOSE people's reasons, either. the number of folks whose motivation for playing PWI does not match mine has no impact whatsoever on my motivations.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    I think you didn't understand what Zoe/Lenie meant about that point x3

Nope, she didn't

What we meant was, you are on a pvp server so you can pvp right? That was the entire point of going there was it not? What if there were areas that were NOT pvp enabled like TW for example? You know it darn well should be enabled, but its not. It's a pvp server yet there is an area that does not let you pvp.

It's the same way in pve servers. People go to them because they do NOT want to pvp. They want to do everything without having pvp involved at all. (TW is excluded of course)
    Main characters
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Are you operating on obsolete statistics here? You're delusional if you think the price of dice are going to influence whether people continue cube or not.

Dice cost maybe 400-500 coins if you're smart enough to know how to get them right. Maybe 800 tops from the average catshop in room 1. How many dice does it take to get to room 32? Maybe... ten? On average? So if you camped room 32, every time you killed someone, you would cost that specific person 8k. Are you seriously telling me that you think the loss of 8k, maybe two or three times over, is going to dissuade them from getting a 400k+ PoF?

And as Asterelle has already pointed out, any negligible supply-side modifier you force onto the market is going to be more than countered by a myriad of others (on both sides). Even if it did make an impact, that impact would never be large enough to be provable, much less beneficial to your goals.

so... 8k to get room 32. Lets just double that and say 16k to room 50. Wow... something that cost 16k to get could sell for 400k+. Why isn't everyone doing this... sure sound like easy profit. Wonder if there is any hidden cost or even risks associated with getting the 16k page of fate.

EDIT: You know what... if i can help it. I could personally make sure no one finishes the cube except me. Who care if half of the people QQ and quit the game. The remaining half will be buying 10 million coin page of fate from me. I am in the business of catering to the (RICH) people that stay in the game. Not the ones who leave.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

edited July 2011
    so... 8k to get room 32. Lets just double that and say 16k to room 50. Wow... something that cost 16k to get could sell for 400k+. Why isn't everyone doing this... sure sound like easy profit. Wonder if there is any hidden cost or even risks associated with getting the 16k page of fate.
    While we are probably in agreement on this issue, the notion of 16k is the best possible scenario based on luck where you roll die and avoid all pay rooms, including robber/bully, and for those not completely face-to-*** with +10 and higher CS gear, have a charm to save, or are not a healer, would probably pay the DA's for the furthest last stand room. It's very easy to wind up paying more than the cost of a page of fate to run cube, even more-so if going for the room 38 chrono quests and the high likelihood of at least several deaths to go back to room 1 or usage of teleport stones. However, these costs, much like the notion of PVP, are a forewarning already established to people, so the notion of "optional" must be reiterated for the umpteenth time.
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is why I never PK people in Cube... (aside from the 2 PK rooms). Someone will cry, tears will be shed, and I will never hear the end of it in WC.
  • KareszPsych - Heavens Tear
    KareszPsych - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have killed the occasional white named that farms my herb route. Every one less competitor is more profit for me. PvE server can only give them so much protection... and whenever they are not protected... I'll be there. Well... I'll only be there when and if it profits me. Otherwise... carry on.

White named people choose to PK and be PK'd.

People who roll on PVE servers and choose to remain blue named aren't interested in PKing, and more importantly they simply don't want to be PK'd while either farming mats for their gear, or grinding for exp (after all this is why they play on a PVE server). That is why you just can't PK them on the world map: I don't see how farming mats for your 99 skills, or trying to unlock a map (that is also essential to completing a cultivation quest) would be any different, it does not seem very logical that one is allowed, while the other isn't. And at the end of the day...that's kinda the point of having PVP and PVE servers, isn't it? Making safe zones and non-safe zones in Cube makes sense, just like on the world map you'd still be able to PK white named players.
    edited July 2011

People who roll on PVE servers and choose to remain blue named aren't interested in PKing, and more importantly they simply don't want to be PK'd while either farming mats for their gear, or grinding for exp (after all this is why they play on a PVE server). That is why you just can't PK them on the world map: I don't see how farming mats for your 99 skills, or trying to unlock a map (that is also essential to completing a cultivation quest) would be any different, it does not seem very logical that one is allowed, while the other isn't. And at the end of the day...that's kinda the point of having PVP and PVE servers, isn't it? Making safe zones and non-safe zones in Cube makes sense, just like on the world map you'd still be able to PK white named players.
    So what then is someone supposed to do in Room 14 and 34 if it were entirely a safe zone? To repeat the TW analogy, sit there and stare at each other? The cube is purposely made for PK, people. Just because you're on a PVE server doesn't mean every single instance you play cannot be PVP based. Cube is not a pure PVE instance. You don't have to do it. If you don't like cube, don't do it then. What's the difficulty understanding this?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011

Yes exactly. The entire point of this topic is as follows:

If you are a blue name in a pve server, it should be IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to ever pk you for any reason whatsoever. (other than territory war of course.)
    Main characters
  • KareszPsych - Heavens Tear
    KareszPsych - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So what then is someone supposed to do in Room 14 and 34 if it were entirely a safe zone? To repeat the TW analogy, sit there and stare at each other? The cube is purposely made for PK, people. Just because you're on a PVE server doesn't mean every single instance you play cannot be PVP based. Cube is not a pure PVE instance. You don't have to do it. If you don't like cube, don't do it then. What's the difficulty understanding this?

Those 2 rooms just spice things up in my opinion and make Cube interesting. I wouldn't mind having them - and also if you notice what I said previously: I don't care, I just choose not to do Cube anymore. However, I felt the need to point out, that logic would dictate that other than the 2 PK rooms, in the rest of the rooms blue named players should be protected, just like they are on the main map.

Also you DO have to do Cube, if you wish to unlock the map and complete your 100 culti. How are those two things in any way non-PVE related?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Yes exactly. The entire point of this topic is as follows:

If you are a blue name in a pve server, it should be IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to ever pk you for any reason whatsoever. (other than territory war of course.)

LOL... something should be impossible and yet you already gave an exception (aka tw). With one exception... a second will soon follow... and eventually the exception will be cube.