Cube Should Not Be Pk Enabled!!!!

Options
Tazi - Heavens Tear
Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
It took me two hours to get to room 47. I don't have a ton of time to devote to running through cube over and over and then when a ****** PK's me b/c he's immature child and makes me go ALL the flippin' way back, I don't find that fair.

I'm in a PVE server for a reason, I do not PK. I am not made of money and cannot afford the "finest" gears or add-ons.

Get rid of PK in CUBE OF FATE, please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard - Tazi 100
Psychic - Anastaszia 70
Post edited by Tazi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i dont mind the 2 pk rooms having pk enabled but in all honestly the other 48 don't need to be.

and the pk rooms should have the 20 min timer removed and make it if no one shows up for 10 min u get a dice automatically... And awareness level of everyone in the room is increased by 50. so the damn sins don't just hide the whole time.

i really hate doing cube and getting sent to room 14 and lose after 20 min just becuase no one else came when i could have easily pked about 99% of the possible people who would have entered.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What I hate the most is when someone pks you in the bored or very bored room. I mean really, all you have to do is wait 3-5 mins and your out of there >.< Do you really need to be an ******* and pk everyone you see in that room? It's not even mandatory.
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    why not just give page of fate and 1 mill exp in room 1 then b:bye

PK in the cube add's a little bit of a challenge to an otherwise boring instance.

QQmoar please b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What I hate the most is when someone pks you in the bored or very bored room. I mean really, all you have to do is wait 3-5 mins and your out of there >.< Do you really need to be an ******* and pk everyone you see in that room? It's not even mandatory.

Yes i reeeealy do feel the need to kill anything that moves in ANY room besides room 1 b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It is pretty random which rooms they decided to make forced-PVP enabled.
    Although it might have just been an accident like they did with room 1.

On PVE servers rooms 14/34 and maybe 11/32 should stay forced-pvp (since that is the specific purpose of those rooms) but you shouldn't be able to kill blue names outside of those.

Ideally 11,14,32, and 34 would be forced pvp for all while white / red names could PK eachother in all other rooms. I think it is a limitation of the game that you can mix and match forced-pvp with standard pvp in the same map.

The cube at its core is a PVE instance since it is about gaining XP, level 99 skills, cultivation quests, and farming gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this is just plain stupid... there is only 1 time at all you even need to go in cube the other times its just a choice you know its pvp enabled so there is no reason to QQ its like people on a pve server who go white named then QQ they got pked. its your choice to do it or not. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If it's that boring, don't do it. Just get through it and let others do the same.

PK is just stupid in there. It's pointless. Especially for ME. I have no desire to **** someone off and make them start over. You don't know their situation.

What if they hardly have any time to play because life's a ***** and the game is the one thing they can do for free for an hour or two. They want to try their hand at CUBE and CoF is already annoying enough as it is.

I went from room 11 to 12 back and for FIVE flippin' times! Finally, I start getting through it. I hit every single SURVIVE 100 seconds and survive without cleric buffs b/c they wore off from being in there so long.
    It's hard for a 91 wizard to survive that stuff. I get to my last 100 seconds in 47 and some pomp a$s PKs me.

Just rude and immature. I guess MMOs give grown adults and excuse to be children.

PWI PUH-LEASE get rid of PK in CoF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    this is just plain stupid... there is only 1 time at all you even need to go in cube the other times its just a choice you know its pvp enabled so there is no reason to QQ its like people on a pve server who go white named then QQ they got pked. its your choice to do it or not. b:bye

There is plenty of reason for me to go in there. And as I said above, I AM on a PvE and I do NOT pk. So, yes, I'm going to "CRY CRY" about it b/c I'm in a PvE server for a REASON.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And that is why I don't do cube. Well, mostly because of room 38, which you will need for cultivation. Otherwise, I find it to be a money sink (because I'm unlucky as hell in there) and 1 mil exp? Meh, I'll get that somewhere else.

If you don't want to die, but want to cube, then best solution is to get yourself as geared up as you possibly can for those pk rooms. Or...do-alls ftw? Sure, that won't work if you're in a room like 45, but well...
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yes i reeeealy do feel the need to kill anything that moves in ANY room besides room 1 b:bye

So you're saying that you don't want anyone else to get through the cube but yourself? Sounds a bit selfish to me. If you really feel the need to kill everything that moves, then why not just go pk outside, unless you just absolutely enjoy wasting people's time. b:bye
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    There is plenty of reason for me to go in there. And as I said above, I AM on a PvE and I do NOT pk. So, yes, I'm going to "CRY CRY" about it b/c I'm in a PvE server for a REASON.

you might have a reason to go in there like farming cube pages or the exp but that isnt a necessity its a choice. you know its pk enabled so stop crying about it and get over it. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Cube without pk rooms would be no obsticale. I like it as it is. I kill people in 14 and 34, i hate borred room tho cause of waiting, but i can live with pk. I do cube even on my cleric with lvl80 gear ....ijs
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Uhm Tazi you're in a TW faction...
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't think it's that big of a deal :\
    It might be annoying when you're so close to the end, but a full cube run doesn't take that long to do. I personally think it's pointless, but if that's how people have fun and as long as they aren't actually camping rooms waiting for people to come in, I don't think it's anything major.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Uhm Tazi you're in a TW faction...

Thank you, Flick. I wasn't aware. ---.---
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The cube has, numerous times, been iterated to be a challenge that involves both PVE and PVP. Don't even think that this is going to get changed because you're on a PVE server any more than the abolishment of PVP based TW.

While I can be in favour of moving the Room 38 chrono quest (someone said cultivation, they are incorrect, it's chrono) to something else, this is a challenge even for a wizard that's easily attainable. Consider that this is made also for level 40's to enter and complete, yet I see a lvl 90+ wizard whining, likely because they were pk'd (tricky room? bored room? dragon gate ex/38?) unsuspectingly.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    The cube has, numerous times, been iterated to be a challenge that involves both PVE and PVP. Don't even think that this is going to get changed because you're on a PVE server any more than the abolishment of PVP based TW.

While I can be in favour of moving the Room 38 chrono quest (someone said cultivation, they are incorrect, it's chrono) to something else, this is a challenge even for a wizard that's easily attainable. Consider that this is made also for level 40's to enter and complete, yet I see a lvl 90+ wizard whining, likely because they were pk'd (tricky room? bored room? dragon gate ex/38?) unsuspectingly.

if you plan on doing your 100 culti you need that part done so it is needed for your cultivation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Just rude and immature. I guess MMOs give grown adults and excuse to be children.
    I've been random PKd in cube a few times. I didn't get upset, didn't cry, didn't post about it in the forums, didn't rant about how my time is o-so-precious, etc..., etc..., etc...

Frankly, your reaction strikes me as being pretty, well, immature... sorry... *shrugs*
    why not just give page of fate and 1 mill exp in room 1 then b:bye

PK in the cube add's a little bit of a challenge to an otherwise boring instance.

QQmoar please b:cute
    I'd have to agree. I enjoy cube, and I enjoy the extra little bit of tension and suspense that being in the PK rooms adds. I don't PK unless attacked first, but I dread Dragon Gate EX way more than some random player PKing me.

It's not like people don't know the rules, and if people hate PK then just don't do cube. I know several people who don't do cube for exactly that reason, but you don't hear them crying about it, nor demanding the game be changed simply because they can't handle another player attacking them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited July 2011
    Options
    if you plan on doing your 100 culti you need that part done so it is needed for your cultivation.
    That's nice. It's not your cultivation. Cultivation outright says "Spiritual Cultivation", which ends with getting fairies and skills. Advancing chrono quest does not advance spiritual cultivation quest by any means. It merely unlocks chronoworld maps that the actual Spiritual Cultivation quests pass through. Chrono quest = belt and chrono maps.

This off-topic lesson has been brought to you by "people who don't group quests together just because they have a similar colour".
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That's nice. It's not your cultivation. Cultivation outright says "Spiritual Cultivation", which ends with getting fairies and skills. Advancing chrono quest does not advance spiritual cultivation quest by any means. It merely unlocks chronoworld maps that the actual Spiritual Cultivation quests pass through. Chrono quest = belt and chrono maps.

This off-topic lesson has been brought to you by "people who don't group quests together just because they have a similar colour".

the whole chrono series is part of your culti doesnt matter if you say so or not if you want to get 100 culti done you HAVE to have them done. oh and if i wanted to i could say the 100 culti isnt a real culti because you can trash it unlike all the other cultivation quests. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Tazi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Options

Room 47. I didn't say a wizard could not do it. The room I was in I was unaware it was a PK room. It's before the last 100 second challenge. I had already been stuck in there from 11 to 12 five times. I was going in a loop with that room putting me back in 11 over and over.

I followed the guides and none of them I read said room 47 was PK. I was standing there for a second while talking to someone in RL. Watched a BM just run up and swat me with one hit. How is that a challenge? How does that satisfy a "bored" person? To kill someone with just one hit that isn't even there? Sounds pretty cheap to me.

How about a warning? A PM saying, "Hey, let's duel." "SURE. No prob. And, hey, thanks for the warning instead of just killing me like a 10-year-old child." "Oh, damn. You beat me. Back to Room 1. No biggie since I agreed to a fight."
    No, just a swat.

Just like making someone turn around before you shoot them or stab them in the back. Weak.
    Hasta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    How about a warning? A PM saying, "Hey, let's duel." "SURE. No prob. And, hey, thanks for the warning instead of just killing me like a 10-year-old child." "Oh, damn. You beat me. Back to Room 1. No biggie since I agreed to a fight."
    No, just a swat.
    My brother plays an MMO on a role-play server where the rule is that you must role-play some sort of quarrel and declare your intentions to attack before you're allowed to PK. The other player can try to talk their way out of the fight, but as long as the instigating player gives fair warning, and the chat-logs can substantiate some sort of justification for the attack, then the PK is allowed.

It's not a bad rule, actually, but of course it requires direct GM involvement in order to enforce it, so it wouldn't work on a game like PWI where there are simply too many anonymous players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the whole chrono series is part of your culti doesnt matter if you say so or not if you want to get 100 culti done you HAVE to have them done. oh and if i wanted to i could say the 100 culti isnt a real culti because you can trash it unlike all the other cultivation quests. b:bye
    Whether or not you can trash is and all of this other nonsense is besides the off-topic point you're failing in attempt to make. You can complete the chrono quest without ever doing your Spiritual Cultivation and yet that quest ends with a gold belt and a thank you. Meanwhile, you can still have your dig quest in hell/heaven and never touch it. These are two distinct quest lines that have a different end result, and the only similarity they have is one quest line passes through an area that is opened by another quest. They aren't the same, and unfortunately it has caused a lot of unnecessary confusion because idiots like to consider all yellow quests the same. That would include you.
    Room 47. I didn't say a wizard could not do it. The room I was in I was unaware it was a PK room. It's before the last 100 second challenge. I had already been stuck in there from 11 to 12 five times. I was going in a loop with that room putting me back in 11 over and over.

I followed the guides and none of them I read said room 47 was PK. I was standing there for a second while talking to someone in RL. Watched a BM just run up and swat me with one hit. How is that a challenge? How does that satisfy a "bored" person? To kill someone with just one hit that isn't even there? Sounds pretty cheap to me.

No, just a swat.

Just like making someone turn around before you shoot them or stab them in the back. Weak.
    Hasta.
    Where's the TW warning?

Some things you either need to read on or find out for yourself. It's a game. Explore and find out which rooms are pk-enabled. Tab to people. If you can tab with your pk protections off, it's PK-enabled. Novel concept.

If by a challenge you want an option to duel, then it's no different than a duel. It's not the cube of fate anymore.

It's an interesting idea, but it sucks. I don't even like PVP and yet I do cube just fine -- my wife also hates PVP and regularly does rotating cog runs. **** happens. Enjoy the cube for what it is or bugger off to your dueling with people.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I disagree with the comparison of cube to TW. TW (after the first week) is PVP centric. The point is about fighting other people in a war for territory. You can talk to the NPC inside and it gives you numerous points about how to fight other players.

The cube is different in that it is a PVE instance where the objective is to farm skills, farm a cube neck, get XP, and get your cultivation done.

PVE servers at their heart are designed to cater to people who want not to be pointlessly killed for another's amusement. PK of blue names outside of rooms where it is necessary runs counter to the purpose of a PVE server.

I don't see much difference between the bannable PK in room 1 and unnecessary PK of blue names in later rooms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I disagree with the comparison of cube to TW. TW (after the first week) is PVP centric. The point is about fighting other people in a war for territory. You can talk to the NPC inside and it gives you numerous points about how to fight other players.

The cube is different in that it is a PVE instance where the objective is to farm skills, farm a cube neck, get XP, and get your cultivation done.

PVE servers at their heart are designed to cater to people who want not to be pointlessly killed for another's amusement. PK of blue names outside of rooms where it is necessary runs counter to the purpose of a PVE server.

I don't see much difference between the bannable PK in room 1 and unnecessary PK of blue names in later rooms.
    I find that you consider the issue of TW off-limits for comparison but compare it to casual PK to be contradicting. In casual PK on PVP servers people lose experience and items (when red named) and are subject to normal loss of experience people in PVE are when it comes to PVE battle. In the cube, you lose neither XP nor items, being a blue name. It's not like casual PK on PVP servers at all. You go back to room 1, you lose your buffs, that's it.

The cube is a special circumstance that should be treated as such. And while I can understand not to directly compare it to TW, the logic behind that it should be PVE only for PVE servers seriously degrades the randomness and difficulty one may encounter in the cube. Given the experience is one million, plus spirit, plus a page of fate and other stuff, rampaging through 50 rooms in 10-15 mins surely need not be without some unique challenge, rather than a bland "thou shalt not kill".

I'm saying this and I don't even like PVP. It doesn't take playing on a PVP server to understand how this really doesn't need to be altered to be like virtually everything else PVE related.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I find that you consider the issue of TW off-limits for comparison but compare it to casual PK to be contradicting. In casual PK on PVP servers people lose experience and items (when red named) and are subject to normal loss of experience people in PVE are when it comes to PVE battle. In the cube, you lose neither XP nor items, being a blue name. It's not like casual PK on PVP servers at all. You go back to room 1, you lose your buffs, that's it.

The cube is a special circumstance that should be treated as such. And while I can understand not to directly compare it to TW, the logic behind that it should be PVE only for PVE servers seriously degrades the randomness and difficulty one may encounter in the cube. Given the experience is one million, plus spirit, plus a page of fate and other stuff, rampaging through 50 rooms in 10-15 mins surely need not be without some unique challenge, rather than a bland "thou shalt not kill".

I'm saying this and I don't even like PVP. It doesn't take playing on a PVP server to understand how this really doesn't need to be altered to be like virtually everything else PVE related.

The fact remains that this is a PVE server, and people join it for that reason above a PVP server. Any element of the game OTHER than PK and TW of course should be PVE, not PVP. I would suggest 2 paths, One where u can pk in cube and one where u can't. Then everyone would be happy. I spent 3 hours in there one day and gave up. I kept going into rooms and getting pkd. My last try I was in room 48 and someone pkd me in there. That is just mean... 3 hours to finish cube? The same person pkd me for almost 20 mins in the same room. I kept getting the jail room within 2 or 3 dice and every time I entered a barb pkd me. This is unfair. I use do alls purposely so I don't have to pk people. Each cube run costs me more but I quit it on my archer b/c of the pkers. Now, I do it on my sin and the only ppl who can pk me is other sins. I deserve to be able to earn 1 mil xp a day and a page of fate without it taking me all my time to play the game in that day. Some of us aren't as quick as others with reaction, thus why I chose PvE server. I don't have the quick reaction time to even try to Pk.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

QFT The coding was done poorly, that's why its even enabled in that one corner in room 1. I think it 's weird that SP pk was banned (which the person brings on themselves by going whited named on PVE servers) but this wasn't but whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    QFT The coding was done poorly, that's why its even enabled in that one corner in room 1. I think it 's weird that SP pk was banned (which the person brings on themselves by going whited named on PVE servers) but this wasn't but whatever.

People get banned for Pk in room 1 all the time. Someone in my faction just got banned for this very thing. Was a temp ban, but a ban.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Whether or not you can trash is and all of this other nonsense is besides the off-topic point you're failing in attempt to make. You can complete the chrono quest without ever doing your Spiritual Cultivation and yet that quest ends with a gold belt and a thank you. Meanwhile, you can still have your dig quest in hell/heaven and never touch it. These are two distinct quest lines that have a different end result, and the only similarity they have is one quest line passes through an area that is opened by another quest. They aren't the same, and unfortunately it has caused a lot of unnecessary confusion because idiots like to consider all yellow quests the same. That would include you.

Where's the TW warning?

Some things you either need to read on or find out for yourself. It's a game. Explore and find out which rooms are pk-enabled. Tab to people. If you can tab with your pk protections off, it's PK-enabled. Novel concept.

If by a challenge you want an option to duel, then it's no different than a duel. It's not the cube of fate anymore.

It's an interesting idea, but it sucks. I don't even like PVP and yet I do cube just fine -- my wife also hates PVP and regularly does rotating cog runs. **** happens. Enjoy the cube for what it is or bugger off to your dueling with people.

ah insults the last resort of a simple mind. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ah insults the last resort of a simple mind. b:bye

Calling him simple-minded is an insult...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc