Cube Should Not Be Pk Enabled!!!!

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I find that you consider the issue of TW off-limits for comparison but compare it to casual PK to be contradicting. In casual PK on PVP servers people lose experience and items (when red named) and are subject to normal loss of experience people in PVE are when it comes to PVE battle. In the cube, you lose neither XP nor items, being a blue name. It's not like casual PK on PVP servers at all. You go back to room 1, you lose your buffs, that's it.

How much do you know about casual PK if you think people lose XP doing it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    PVE servers at their heart are designed to cater to people who want not to be pointlessly killed for another's amusement. PK of blue names outside of rooms where it is necessary runs counter to the purpose of a PVE server.
    I'd agree with you if cube wasn't optional, but it is.

Most players I know try cube, find out it contains PK rooms, then never do it again. And they go on to manage just fine in the game.

As it is, cube is, in my opinion, the way PK ought to be done all the time: if you're willing to risk PK, you'll be rewarded, if you don't want to risk it, you can still progress in the game anyway, but without the optional bonus rewards.

More of the game ought to be that way. For example, if everybody who was in PK mode got an extra 15% XP/Spirit, there'd be no need for PK servers because you'd have enough non-PK players willing to risk PK in order to get the optional reward.
    I would suggest 2 paths, One where u can pk in cube and one where u can't. Then everyone would be happy.
    Not really. Those of us who enjoy a little chaos would never get randomly attacked again. I don't instigate PK, but I enjoy when people try to PK me, regardless of whether they succeed or not.
    I deserve to be able to earn 1 mil xp a day and a page of fate without it taking me all my time to play the game in that day. Some of us aren't as quick as others with reaction, thus why I chose PvE server. I don't have the quick reaction time to even try to Pk.
    Frankly, PK is a very minor obstacle in cube. If PK is stopping you from getting through cube, it's because of what it's doing to you psychologically more than anything else. For example, if somebody is able to repeatedly PK you again and again in the same room, it's because you've stubbornly decided you're not going to simply come back later.

I virtually never get attacked when I'm playing my main, and my Cleric alt has completed cube about 20 times and never once been PKd. Even when he was in the "Very Bored" room and a high-level started threatening, "If you don't give me buffs, I'll PK you", and my alt shouted back, "I'd rather DIE than give you buffs!" (my cat-shop alt is a stingy, greedy jerk), he STILL didn't get PKd, because the high-level wimped out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Most players I know try cube, find out it contains PK rooms, then never do it again. And they go on to manage just fine in the game.

As it is, cube is, in my opinion, the way PK ought to be done all the time: if you're willing to risk PK, you'll be rewarded, if you don't want to risk it, you can still progress in the game anyway, but without the optional bonus rewards.

More of the game ought to be that way. For example, if everybody who was in PK mode got an extra 15% XP/Spirit, there'd be no need for PK servers because you'd have enough non-PK players willing to risk PK in order to get the optional reward.

Not really. Those of us who enjoy a little chaos would never get randomly attacked again. I don't instigate PK, but I enjoy when people try to PK me, regardless of whether they succeed or not.

Frankly, PK is a very minor obstacle in cube. If PK is stopping you from getting through cube, it's because of what it's doing to you psychologically more than anything else. For example, if somebody is able to repeatedly PK you again and again in the same room, it's because you've stubbornly decided you're not going to simply come back later.

I virtually never get PKd when I'm playing my main, and my Cleric alt has completed cube about 20 times and never once been PKd. Even when he was in the "Very Bored" room and a high-level started threatening, "If you don't give me buffs, I'll PK you", and my alt shouted back, "I'd rather DIE than give you buffs!" (my cat-shop alt is a stingy, greedy jerk), he STILL didn't get PKd, because the high-level wimped out.

I don't think anything you need to do to finish your cultis should be considered optional. The story line of the game is told almost entirely through the cultivation, if you don't finish it then you never really finished the story of the game. Anything that prevents people from finishing the game should be bannable. Maybe the whole point of reaching 100 is pk and making money for a lot of people, but for many people what they truly enjoy is the games storyline and quests. One players enjoyment of the game shouldn't be hampered by the other. That's the whole reason to have a pve server. I also think it's stupid that room one pk is bannable but the rest of the rooms are not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2011

I virtually never get attacked when I'm playing my main, and my Cleric alt has completed cube about 20 times and never once been PKd. Even when he was in the "Very Bored" room and a high-level started threatening, "If you don't give me buffs, I'll PK you", and my alt shouted back, "I'd rather DIE than give you buffs!" (my cat-shop alt is a stingy, greedy jerk), he STILL didn't get PKd, because the high-level wimped out.

So what ur sayin is... I should sit in the cube for 30 minutes, hope that person has moved on, and proceed to the next person who wants to pk? No thnx. And sure... if everyone could choose if they wanted the pk cube or the non pk cube every day.. then those who want occassional chaos could choose the harder path. And lol to ur last comment.
    edited July 2011
    I don't think anything you need to do to finish your cultis should be considered optional.
    I'd might with you if the odds of actually getting attacked in cube weren't so incredibly low, but it's around 1-in-20 excluding rooms 14 and 34, in my experience.

Also, the cultivation argument is a red-herring. Nobody who is complaining is doing so because they were actually trying to do their cultivation. They're complaining because they were doing cube for the 1 million XP and the Page of Fate. Let's not kid ourselves here...
    So what ur sayin is... I should sit in the cube for 30 minutes, hope that person has moved on, and proceed to the next person who wants to pk? No thnx.
    Personally, I don't find it that hard to just move on and let a jerk be a jerk. Life is full of jerks, and most of the time the best way to deal with them is to just not play their game. But I do understand that some people can't help themselves when they've been "tweaked", but to go ahead and do exactly what the jerk wants them to do.
    And sure... if everyone could choose if they wanted the pk cube or the non pk cube every day.. then those who want occassional chaos could choose the harder path. And lol to ur last comment.
    Perhaps a good solution would be to offer the player a choice of 2 different items at the start of cube: one makes you immune to PK, the other grants you an extra 10% XP if you get it to room 50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    I'd might with you if the odds of actually getting attacked in cube weren't so incredibly low, but it's around 1-in-20 excluding rooms 14 and 34, in my experience.

Also, the cultivation argument is a red-herring. Nobody who is complaining is doing so because they were actually trying to do their cultivation. They're complaining because they were doing cube for the 1 million XP and the Page of Fate. Let's not kid ourselves here...

Personally I've never been attacked in the cube (people know better lol) but there are other servers and a small group of players on those could easily camp the cube making it impossible for blue names to proceed.

Farming skills and getting XP seem like pretty core PVE concepts to me. There are plenty of players who just can't emotionally handle being killed needlessly by a stronger player and PVE servers are designed to cater to them.

I can't think of any other part of the game that features pointless killing of blue names.

-In DT you kill players to deny them access to the limited number of chests.
    -PK Tourney you kill to ensure you proceed to the next round.
    -In the Arena of Blood you kill players to collect their hearts and gain access to better prizes.
    -In TW you kill to takeover or defend territory

All of those have a point to killing blue named players. In the cube (outside of 14/34) you are given the ability to kill blue names for personal amusement. What purpose does that have on a PVE server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited July 2011
    I can't think of any other part of the game that features pointless killing of blue names.
    True, I'll grant you that.

I'm curious, though, about how you feel about the Tricky Card rooms. Setting the rooms to 20 or 100 cards is completely pointless as well, and does nothing other than harm another player for personal amusement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ah insults the last resort of a simple mind. b:bye
    Throwing stones in glass houses yet again I see. b:cute
    The fact remains that this is a PVE server, and people join it for that reason above a PVP server. Any element of the game OTHER than PK and TW of course should be PVE, not PVP. I would suggest 2 paths, One where u can pk in cube and one where u can't. Then everyone would be happy. I spent 3 hours in there one day and gave up. I kept going into rooms and getting pkd. My last try I was in room 48 and someone pkd me in there. That is just mean... 3 hours to finish cube? The same person pkd me for almost 20 mins in the same room. I kept getting the jail room within 2 or 3 dice and every time I entered a barb pkd me. This is unfair. I use do alls purposely so I don't have to pk people. Each cube run costs me more but I quit it on my archer b/c of the pkers. Now, I do it on my sin and the only ppl who can pk me is other sins. I deserve to be able to earn 1 mil xp a day and a page of fate without it taking me all my time to play the game in that day. Some of us aren't as quick as others with reaction, thus why I chose PvE server. I don't have the quick reaction time to even try to Pk.
    I bet you would have thought otherwise if it were you killing a bunch of lowbies. The only thing I got from this is that you are irritated that you died, therefore it sucks and you should have the option during cube.

I'm also wondering why a barb was able to see a level 100+ sin in the bored room. I've never ever had someone use apoth to see my sin in either bored room.

I use do-alls as well in 14 and 34 but I do because 99% of the time I enter, they're empty.. hence why anyone with any sort of knowledge of the cube or heads up on it know to always take at least 8 do-alls if they want to avoid the PK rooms or if they aren't equipped enough to deal with the final last stand room.

If it really takes you three hours to finish a cube run, you're doing something horribly wrong (i.e. your entering bored rooms unstealthed and complaining about getting killed) and need to re-consider your strategy, not how the cube can be amended to fit your wants. The only time it ever takes me more than an hour is when I'm doing room 38 chrono quests and I keep rolling past 38. For a sin it should take 10-15 mins easy.
    How much do you know about casual PK if you think people lose XP doing it?
    I know nothing about it, because I don't do it. Isn't it obvious? ;)

I rarely address any PVP/PK topics, because a) I lack the experience to give significant advice, and b) they are mostly filled with whining and ego -- I don't care for this.
    edited July 2011
    True, I'll grant you that.

I'm curious, though, about how you feel about the Tricky Card rooms. Setting the rooms to 20 or 100 cards is completely pointless as well, and does nothing other than harm another player for personal amusement.

Ehh, its a bad idea but at least it doesn't erase someone's progression.

There should probably be a message in that room telling you who set the NPC to 100. I'm not a fan of allowing jerks to be anonymous lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011

Nah, there are plenty of people who are upset for that reason. The forum goers just tend to be people who are more hardcore and so would farm that necklace and care about gear more. Most of the people I know who don't really care about gear and play for the quests/people also don't get on the forums. There is better XP that is easier to get. That's honestly the only reason I don't agree with it. I just hate the idea that I created account under a PVE server and have never went white name because I do not want to be killed needlessly but my ability to enjoy the story line is going to be hampered by someone who doesn't really want a fair fight or they'd pk with other people who also enjoyed pk and built their character around it. Especially since I can't even see my opponent and solve the problem by aoeing NPCs to get them to pop out (and possibly killing people dumb enough to stand withing range of em) without ruining the next 10 hours of my day.

Personally, I don't find it that hard to just move on and let a jerk be a jerk. Life is full of jerks, and most of the time the best way to deal with them is to just not play their game. But I do understand that some people can't help themselves when they've been "tweaked", but to go ahead and do exactly what the jerk wants them to do.

Yeah, same here. I do the cube (on the very rare instances that I would) at like 3am because I'm up anyway and I found there are less players on at that time and thus less likely hood of being PKed. But there are people who just camp the cube rooms for a long time just because on Dreamweaver server. I don't know how it is on your server. One guy I know camped with his faction for a little while so if you got that upper hand on him the other three would jump ya. Stuff like that is just pointless and ruins other players fun. Which is the point I feel like it crosses the line. That being said, I don't really run the cube anymore cuz it's not necessary at the moment for me. It was fun back when the playerbase was more friendly in general though.

Perhaps a good solution would be to offer the player a choice of 2 different items at the start of cube: one makes you immune to PK, the other grants you an extra 10% XP if you get it to room 50.

I actually really like that idea, as long as it also disables you from being able to PK others if you choose to be immune. Sadly, it would probably be too costly to code. I would pay for that though.

My replies in yellow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • KareszPsych - Heavens Tear
    KareszPsych - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011

I'm not sure about your server, but here a group of people seem to be doing cube only to PK others in random rooms. My sin's last few attempts at completing cube were all denied by some random sins, or other random R9 players one-hitting me. Most notably, on my very last run, on my 5th or so run, I finally managed to get through room 14, I got through 100 seconds stands, dropped a few hundred K on sadness cards, robber and bully cards, and managed to hit room 45. Another 500K level 150 boss to kill, which does take some time unless you have high APS...guess what, took it all the way down to 50K, when an R9 barb simply came in and one-hit me. I mean what's the point? There is absolutely nothing I can do at all, I can't even stealth with the boss being on me. There I was, spending more than an hour trying to get through, and someone PKd me for absolutely no reason right before the finish line. Not that I'm complaining about it anyway, from that point I have never attempted to do cube again though, it's just not worth my time.

I wouldn't know if this is a bug or not, whether these rooms were really intended to be PK enabled or not, and I'm guessing it really doesn't matter either, because they are not likely to ever be changed. I just can't really figure out why a fully geared R9 player feels the need to PK a random, mediocre geared, mid-level blue named player in a non PK required room.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why shouldn't it be?
    Sure people have killed me before and I get pissed off on occassion, but you know this going in. If someone kills me for no reason, or one of my alts.....I'll simply try to gank them later, or catch them with my main.
    You don't lose a thing from PK in the cube, other than starting over.

Hell, lets remove PK. While we're at it, lets remove the options of 20 and 100 in the Tricky Card rooms - no point to those other than someone being a ****. And the 'apples' are too hard to count floating around, please reduce the amount, or make them static. And those mobs in room 38 are too random and I have to start over, please remove them as well. 44, then straight to 45 can be too hard for some people, lets remove that. Have a listen EX changes too much, lets make it static like the first Have A Listen so I never have to start over from there either.
    Actually, lets just make the option of going from room 1 straight to room 50.

And since we're doing that......let's remove the PK from the Tuesday Dragon Temple raid. Forced PK event on PvE server...that's completely voluntary no less. **** yes, theres stuff to farm and quests to do, those damned PK'ers are in my way and I want the PK removed.
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ehh, its a bad idea but at least it doesn't erase someone's progression.

There should probably be a message in that room telling you who set the NPC to 100. I'm not a fan of allowing jerks to be anonymous lol.

There is a message, if you are in the room as someone is setting the boxes, that tells you "So-and-so has set to X amount of boxes."

I think the OP makes a valid complaint, really. Yes, we all (mostly) know the rules of the cube, know there are PK-enabled rooms, etc. There's something in the ToS about disrupting the gameplay or enjoyment of other players being against the rules, and it is my belief that people who PK in the enabled-but-not-necessary-to-PK rooms are breaking that rule - especially on a PvE server where it is supposed to be our CHOICE to PK or not.

But let's face it, there will always be d-bag bullies in game who likely are d-bags IRL who got beat up in high school regularly (or are still in high school and getting beat up regularly), and they have to take out their frustrations somewhere, make themselves feel big and bad in some way, and what better way than to PK innocent, unsuspecting people in the cube - the only place they can PK you without you making the choice to go white-named.

So yeah, I think there should be an option upon entering the cube: PK enabled or not? If people choose not to be in PK mode outside of the cube, they shouldn't be forced into it inside the cube.

I used to do the cube for the exp and pages until I hit 102 and lost all interest in leveling any further. Whenever I hit the 1 hour mark on certain unlucky days, I gave it up and would try again later or even just skip it for the day, because it's just not worth the time and frustration when I could have been running FC for exp or nirvana for coin.

Edit: Oh, btw, pretty sure the "chrono" quest chain IS part of your cultivation even though it's not listed as such - you have to finish it to open some map or something, don't you? I just remember having to complete both the actual yellow cultivation quests AND the chrono chain to reach the end-point of my cultivation. Janus and Esco? Get a room already, the tension between you two is palpable (not to mention incredibly childish).
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2011

You need to try other servers before you make a statement like your first. Perhaps Cube on Sanctuary has incredibly low odds of getting pked, but on Heaven's Tear we have campers. *Every* time I run Cube I am pked no less than 2-3 times (not counting the actual pk rooms that have it required; I suicide there because I am not a PvPer). One time I spent 3 hours in Cube but could not pass two of the rooms that were being camped (namely, 36 and 48... you know they don't take 3 hours to dig those chests, so it is camping).

As far as your second statement, you do not know everyone. To say "nobody" is ridiculous... I don't run Cube because of the forced PvP, but I *have* to finish it for spiritual culti. My cleric took two weeks to get that done because she was pked so much I had to keep giving up after hours in there. Even pked when she reached Dragon Gate EX. Now, the time is approaching for my archer to need it, and I dread it because I tried a couple runs to see how things were lately and guess what? Pked several times each run. I personally would be happy if the chrono quest just teleported you into your very own little Dragon Gate EX so I didn't have to deal with forced PvP when I chose this server for PvE.

Your third statement I could agree with. I would be much happier given a choice, and while I do not think PvP on a PvE server should grant more exp, I would still take that over nothing. I agree more with the people that say two paths should be offered before you enter Cube. And in the PvE version, I would still leave rooms 14/34 at least... those rooms never bothered me. Two paths would not make it less fun for those, like you, who enjoy being attacked... because there are (at least here) countless people who enjoy not letting others proceed through Cube, that would select the PvP option for that reason. Only frustrated people like myself, and the OP, would choose the other path... as it is my archer will probably never get her culti done.

Also, for those who say that PvP is the only challenge in there, what are you smoking? Back before the excessive camping began and I used to run it sometimes with my veno, I could easily be stuck in there for 2 hours just from bad rolls of the die. The rooms are still challenging. If you are in it just for the PvP, go to a PvP server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited July 2011
    Edit: Oh, btw, pretty sure the "chrono" quest chain IS part of your cultivation even though it's not listed as such - you have to finish it to open some map or something, don't you? I just remember having to complete both the actual yellow cultivation quests AND the chrono chain to reach the end-point of my cultivation. Janus and Esco? Get a room already, the tension between you two is palpable (not to mention incredibly childish).
    I take it with the comment from the start, you want to be in the room with us, right? b:cute

I've completed chrono 5 times. I've completed cultivation 5 times. They are distinctly different quests. Chrono quest does not have "Spiritual Cultivation", and it ends with getting a gold belt, not advancing cultivation at all. Cultivation quests actually says "Spiritual Cultivation", and ends with getting your 100 skills and a cute blue fairy for sages or a purplelish one for demon.

The only reason they are intertwined is because of doing chrono quests also merely opens up chronoworld areas like OHT, unicorn forest, valley of the scarred, and moonshade desert. Some Spiritual Cultivation quests are inside these areas. There are also chrono quests inside these areas. They are not the same, they have a different start point, they have a different endpoint (chrono starts with Wraith's Ploy at 70+ and ends with saving the princess by killing one of the several possible bosses you can face in TT, or killing her in rebirth -- cultivation starts at level 9 and ends with killing two versions of the celeslord in rebirth), with different results for finishing either one. You can finish your gold belt quest without ever getting your 100 fairy. You can finish your 100 Spiritual Cultivation quest and get the fairy+skills without ever finishing the gold belt chrono quests. It's quite baffling how stupid one has to be to suggest they're both cultivation when finishing either one has different results.
    edited July 2011
    If opening up the past map is required for cultivation that effectively makes it part of your cultivation.

That's basically why the developers gave it the same color as a culti quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    If opening up the past map is required for cultivation that effectively makes it part of your cultivation.

That's basically why the developers gave it the same color as a culti quest.
    So why in one's quest log do they give Blackhole Devourer the same colour? LFS Blackhole culti?

That it's colour is yellow really has no bearing on the fact that these are two distinctly different quests that start and end in different places, and give different rewards. Calling something different the same is not smart and confuses people. Unfortunately, there's a lot of confused people.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So why in one's quest log do they give Blackhole Devourer the same colour? LFS Blackhole culti?

That it's colour is yellow really has no bearing on the fact that these are two distinctly different quests that start and end in different places, and give different rewards. Calling something different the same is not smart and confuses people. Unfortunately, there's a lot of confused people.

fail more black hole isnt a gold quest b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited July 2011
    You need to try other servers before you make a statement like your first. Perhaps Cube on Sanctuary has incredibly low odds of getting pked, but on Heaven's Tear we have campers. *Every* time I run Cube I am pked no less than 2-3 times (not counting the actual pk rooms that have it required; I suicide there because I am not a PvPer).
    Well, I'll have to concede your point then, because I've never experienced anything like what you're describing here on Sanctuary.

By coincidence, today my Cleric alt finally got PKd for the first time in cube, although he'd already used his Cube Die, and so he teleported right back in to room ~35 after being PKd and thus didn't lose any time. Of course, he then hit Dragon Gate EX and died. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2011
    fail more black hole isnt a gold quest b:bye
    http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/742/blackholep.jpg

Foot in mouth moar?

LFS Dream Inspector culti.

LFS Heroes Blood culti. b:cute
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    see where it says kill blackhole? that looks white to me b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited July 2011
    What this pointless bickering about whether or not it's part of the culti or not? It doesn't really matter if it's part of the culti, you still have to do it to finish the culti, even it's not mechanically a part of it. Which means it might as well be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited July 2011
    see where it says kill blackhole? that looks white to me b:bye
    http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6605/compare4thenoob.jpg

See where it says Slaughtarm Kuron? That looks white to me too. It also happens to be a Spiritual Cultivation quest.

Looks like we're going to have to bring you back to Kindergarten where we learn about colours, before stepping ahead to differentiate separate quests in a video game. b:cute
    What this pointless bickering about whether or not it's part of the culti or not? It doesn't really matter if it's part of the culti, you still have to do it to finish the culti, even it's not mechanically a part of it. Which means it might as well be.
    It does matter when people ask why they didn't get their 100 fairy killing Warrior of God, or killing the Princess in rebirth but not the Celeslord. The fact that you think they should be one and the same is fine and that's a very popular opinion, however, it's wrong because they aren't the same quests. As for pointless bickering, I love it when posters decry bickering but step in to bicker themselves all in the same post. If you don't like bickering, don't partake in it. Simple as that.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    maybe it's just me, but Chrono has always shown up gold, yet it has absolutely nothing to do with Spiritual cultivation. Just because it's gold, doesn't mean it's culti.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Thread successfully derailed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
    edited July 2011
    Thread successfully derailed.
    Now all that's left is moving it to the HT forums where derailed topics belong. b:chuckle
    edited July 2011
    http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6605/compare4thenoob.jpg

See where it says Slaughtarm Kuron? That looks white to me too. It also happens to be a Spiritual Cultivation quest.

Looks like we're going to have to bring you back to Kindergarten where we learn about colours, before stepping ahead to differentiate separate quests in a video game. b:cute

It does matter when people ask why they didn't get their 100 fairy killing Warrior of God, or killing the Princess in rebirth but not the Celeslord. The fact that you think they should be one and the same is fine and that's a very popular opinion, however, it's wrong because they aren't the same quests. As for pointless bickering, I love it when posters decry bickering but step in to bicker themselves all in the same post. If you don't like bickering, don't partake in it. Simple as that.

I didn't say I thought it should be one and the same. I recognize the fact that they are separate. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't really matter if someone thinks it is or isn't, its besides the point. You still need to do one to do the other. Also who said I want to bicker with you or escorian or anything like that? I was just trying to keep the thread from being derailed. I really don't care either way. I bet you think marriage counselors/high school counselors/teachers etc are bickering too just because they point out that it's being counterproductive. Attempting to breakup isn't partaking in bickering. Just felt like throwing that out there to show ya what real bickering is, since you are so keen on being precise about what something is or isn't. /end rant

Back on topic, I don't think the code would change anytime soon so the only real recourse is if Frankie and the others stop thinking about what is fun for them and start thinking about the whole player base. You can claim that you're just challenging others when you PK and the cube, but what you're really doing is ruining the game experience for others. You can say, "well it's optional," all you want. But it's not really if they want to finish the story line of the game. There are plenty of things you can legally do that are still rude and wrong, and spending all your time just ruining things for others is one of those things. Ruining the gameplay experience for others is against the ToS which is one of the reasons why the banned it in room 1, but really that makes zero sense since the same logic applies. They knew it was a PK thing when they first stepped foot in there. You don't HAVE to use that to teleport to archo, you're just being cheap. Why is teleporting somewhere for free when teleportation is meant to be a coin sink a right of player that must not be interfered with bannable while finishing the culti and the game's storyline not considered as such? It's as greedy rule that makes little sense and offers no benefit (unlike all the other forced pvp instances) to the person PKing except for sitting happy in the knowledge that they got to mess with and interrupt the game play of someone who didn't want to be bothered. Avoiding that is the whole reason to pick a pve server in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @OP

I know it's annoying but the chance of this being changed is....very small.
    So do what I do:
    Room 14, TP or kill myself and start over
    Room 34, use do all cards (also tele in prepared for a fight and fight if you see someone)
    Room 11 and 32, wait in the corner, see anyone coming to you, force log and log back after 5 mins
    Campers? Force log, if you get killed, log out and try some other time
    Know the people who pk there and force log when you see them
    Anything that's moving towards you, force log
    <_< I also sometimes don't get attacked and get buffed there because they know my husband lol

Log back, meanies are gone, continue cube b:victory

I won't give the pleasure for someone to kill me or raise his kill count, but I don't have any problem with getting attacked by WHITE named players....blue named players on the other hand.......like this fail 4th grader sin with nirvana +10 dags, 5 aps, she's a heavy cash shopper and always blue named and kills only mages in cube >_> and then laughs about them 'you're just jealous because you can't stand pk', I'm thankful for blacklist and her coward and repetitive strategy.

That's very odd lol, my quest is always white o.o both texts and I do that daily quest everyday
    edited July 2011
    I didn't say I thought it should be one and the same. I recognize the fact that they are separate. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't really matter if someone thinks it is or isn't, its besides the point.
    Which covered the first sentence of previous post, but you ruined it after that..
    You still need to do one to do the other. Also who said I want to bicker with you or escorian or anything like that? I was just trying to keep the thread from being derailed. I really don't care either way.
    Nobody said you want to, you want to because you did. Instead of just pointing out one shouldn't bicker, you go on to state "It doesn't really matter if it's part of the culti, you still have to do it to finish the culti, even it's not mechanically a part of it. Which means it might as well be.", which is in fact partaking in what is being bickered about. You can't be trying to keep a topic from being derailed when you jump in and offer insight into the derailed portion of the topic. The counselor point you make is rather moot since counselors' point is to settle conflict or avoid it, not telling others to stop bickering while getting on their soap box themselves.

Tl;dr is, maybe you should move on.
    That's very odd lol, my quest is always white o.o both texts and I do that daily quest everyday
    In tracking quest log I don't believe it used to show up as yellow, at least, not before either the TB expansion or sometime between that and the EG one. Although, I was using that more to make a point, since some people tie chrono and cultivation together merely because of their colour (along with the notion that because some culti quests are in chrono maps that this means they are the same).
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Which covered the first sentence of previous post, but you ruined it after that..

Nobody said you want to, you want to because you did. Instead of just pointing out one shouldn't bicker, you go on to state "It doesn't really matter if it's part of the culti, you still have to do it to finish the culti, even it's not mechanically a part of it. Which means it might as well be.", which is in fact partaking in what is being bickered about. You can't be trying to keep a topic from being derailed when you jump in and offer insight into the derailed portion of the topic. The counselor point you make is rather moot since counselors' point is to settle conflict or avoid it, not telling others to stop bickering while getting on their soap box themselves.

Tl;dr is, maybe you should move on.

In tracking quest log I don't believe it used to show up as yellow, at least, not before either the TB expansion or sometime between that and the EG one. Although, I was using that more to make a point, since some people tie chrono and cultivation together merely because of their colour (along with the notion that because some culti quests are in chrono maps that this means they are the same).

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/XenoMonsterWhite.png
    strange that seems to be white to me not yellow. b:bye

Edit: also using an old quest from a long time ago doesn't count in an arguement cause it was fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn