Cube Should Not Be Pk Enabled!!!!

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yes exactly. The entire point of this topic is as follows:

If you are a blue name in a pve server, it should be IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to ever pk you for any reason whatsoever. (other than territory war of course.)

that, and i'd even allow for a PvP dragon temple --- because, as VenusArmani hinted at, DT is incidental to the game storyline and there's no need to get "through" it at all, for any reason.

(my own personal motivation for playing is to see all the game content. i've been in DT once, right after turning 60. i got killfarmed, then took a swim around the perimeter; box checked, DT content seen. i can put up with being PK'd if i have no further need for the instance than that, nothing that needs achieving in there or beyond there.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    There is no culti quest in 29, but that is banned because you have to do your culti. -_-

It used to not be bannable for over 2 years and had no bearing on a PvE server. I always it was thought stupid to even ban it on PvP because it was fun LOL, but that is just me. And I know more people that die porting into 29 then not LOL (sorry to laugh but I have died too and was O.o).
    While cube IS required for your culti, but that's not bannable.

My point is that that part of the culti is optional. Whether you want to do it because you yourself want to finish a "story" is up to you. But you do not have to do that part of the culti to play the game. b:surrender
    Meh, just because that is how it's always been doesn't mean it should be that way.

I will not argue with that but it is just the way things are. Like I have said, regardless of whether you agree with it or not.
    Just because you know something is stupid, and has always been stupid, doesn't mean you have to put up with the stupid silently. It's really more of thing where the gms/cm have proven over and over that they do not care about their playerbase or delivering what they promised. Look at the guild bases for example. You can't even duel in their let alone have 40 v 40 group pvp. The fact of that matter is that PK in the cube that actually does prevent people from doing their culti should be bannable, pk in SP that doesn't actually hamper anyone from doing a required quest should not be bannable, 40 v 40 group wars should be in the base, and numerous other glitches should have been fixed already.

I would not argue with you on this. There are a lot of things that make no sense in this game. At the same time though there are some things in TW, like certain pots, that you cannot get without going into the instance. That can hamper some people's gameplay if they use those pots but cannot get into the instance for whatever reason, like not wanting to PK or not being in a TW guild or in a guild that cannot even get into a TW because outbid/time zone or for whatever other reason.
    I go in knowing that too, and will force log sometimes and go watch a movie. But my gameplay shouldn't be interrupted and hampered in this manner when I already went through the proper precautions to make sure it wouldn't be by rolling a pve server.

If you go in knowing about it and yet still do it then your gameplay (imo) is not hampered in anyway. :/
    how is that relevant? i don't play the game for any of THOSE people's reasons, either. the number of folks whose motivation for playing PWI does not match mine has no impact whatsoever on my motivations.

Everyone plays their own way and their own game. So the people that PK in the cube because they can could have the same reasoning because their motivation is different then yours.
    It's the same way in pve servers. People go to them because they do NOT want to pvp. They want to do everything without having pvp involved at all. (TW is excluded of course)

My point was that why should TW be any different in terms of a Pk enabled instance. In all reality everything in this game is pretty much optional past your 99 culti (unless you only go as far in your culti as to get certain skills or in some cases just to get the 99 fairy that some do not even like, personal preference).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Those 2 rooms just spice things up in my opinion and make Cube interesting. I wouldn't mind having them - and also if you notice what I said previously: I don't care, I just choose not to do Cube anymore. However, I felt the need to point out, that logic would dictate that other than the 2 PK rooms, in the rest of the rooms blue named players should be protected, just like they are on the main map.

Also you DO have to do Cube, if you wish to unlock the map and complete your 100 culti. How are those two things in any way non-PVE related?
    Keeping players protected in rooms other than 14 and 34 defeats the purpose of making them pk enabled. One doesn't have to PK to get to room 38. On the other hand, one faces the challenge of avoiding players just as they do avoiding mobs that can kill them throughout. Cube is a special circumstance, like TW is it's own special circumstance, PVP events are their own special circumstance. Why people like to lump things together is beyond me. Maybe it fits a convenient and over-simplified argument by people who are way too anal about something that isn't a big deal at all.

And why is this just now being complained about? This has been the case since I got my first two 100 fairies 1.5 years ago. The difficulty with getting chrono room 38 done is really 1) the cost in dice dickets, do-alls, teleport stones, and 2) the cost of pay rooms. The fact that one can get PK'd is just another challenge in the cube that's always been there and is truthfully no different than getting killed by mobs. I can agree to changing the chrono quest out of the cube, just because of how much sense it truly does make given their stance on griefing (in this case, mostly inadvertent griefing) and modification of PK rules even on PVP servers prioritizing completion of quests over PK. But really this issue is being blown well out of proportion.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It used to not be bannable for over 2 years and had no bearing on a PvE server. I always it was thought stupid to even ban it on PvP because it was fun LOL, but that is just me. And I know more people that die porting into 29 then not LOL (sorry to laugh but I have died too and was O.o).

If you die porting in, it's kind of your own fault. You could pop a pot, stack an ih, stealth, mystics have that heal over time, etc. I've only been killed once porting into there, and it was my own stupidity that got me killed. The sad thing is, it was on my mystic. And I wasn't rez buffed. I felt like such a nubcake but I just wasn't paying enough attention. XD They actually still ban people who PK in there on PVE servers which is just the dumbest nonsense ever. They said the reason they banned it is because they are trying to do their cultis. They stated that cultis are a required element of the game. But there isn't an actual culti quest in there. THere is one in cube. It's the most epic fail logic they could possibly have.

My point is that that part of the culti is optional. Whether you want to do it because you yourself want to finish a "story" is up to you. But you do not have to do that part of the culti to play the game. b:surrender

I will not argue with that but it is just the way things are. Like I have said, regardless of whether you agree with it or not.

It's not really optional if you want to complete the game. The things that are required to complete the game should be protected. As it stands now, the only thing they would have to do actual have a consistent enforcement of this is ban pk in the cube outside of the two rooms where pk is required (which is a novelty you can bypasss through pve acquired items) and lift the ban on pk in SP. You don't technically have to do any culti to play the game. I know a guy who stayed at level 25 for months but logged every day talking to people and feeding any exp he earned into noob genies. He had fun killing mobs, talking to people, and even refined his newb gear to +2. Then he quit because he didn't want to actually level. Still he played in squads, went inside instances (he helped with the occasional fb19), killed mobs, refined gear and dueled people. He made friends etc.

Much of the things we do at higher levels, he experienced. But I don't think anyone would argue that you don't have do any culti at all. It's also possible to spend some money, get 5aps, hyper to 100 in frost, and use auto attack on everything and not even spark. So you technically don't even have to any culti at to even hit 100. That doesn't mean that culti isn't honestly required if you want to complete the game, if you want a complete character. I don't think anyone would say that 59 culti is optional. Why would you say 100 is? Because it doesn't suit your gameplay style?That should be irrelevant, we should all be able to play the game how we want as lon as it doesn't interfere with the way someoen else plays the game. This is why pulling world bosses into snowy village got someone banned recently, even though the game's mechanism allows for it. Because doing so servers no other purpose than to l others for your own personal amusement. PK in the cube isnt' any different, yet their rules are once again inconsistently applied.

I would not argue with you on this. There are a lot of things that make no sense in this game. At the same time though there are some things in TW, like certain pots, that you cannot get without going into the instance. That can hamper some people's gameplay if they use those pots but cannot get into the instance for whatever reason, like not wanting to PK or not being in a TW guild or in a guild that cannot even get into a TW because outbid/time zone or for whatever other reason.

Meh the whole point of TW is PVP. It just happens to have a nice reward you can use in PVE. I wont argue with you that it would be silly to ban those because they aren't necessary, they are just a nice thing to do. You can finish the game without doing it. You cannot finish the game without doing all your cultis.

If you go in knowing about it and yet still do it then your gameplay (imo) is not hampered in anyway. :/

Having to exit the game just so that my progress isn't erased by another player is hampering my gameplay. Or having to get on at weird times. When I do cube, which I haven't done in months I also do it at like 3am. Why should I have to play at such a time just to avoid having my character pked constantly and repeatedly by another player on a pve server?

Everyone plays their own way and their own game. So the people that PK in the cube because they can could have the same reasoning because their motivation is different then yours.

They aren't doing it to play the game though, they are doing it to make sure I can't. Either because they want to get me to quit so they don't have to compete with me in the market, or because they think it's funny to grief others. They get no reward for killing me in there. That's not true of the other pk enabled instances.

My point was that why should TW be any different in terms of a Pk enabled instance. In all reality everything in this game is pretty much optional past your 99 culti (unless you only go as far in your culti as to get certain skills or in some cases just to get the 99 fairy that some do not even like, personal preference).

TW, tourney, arena, etc are different from pk in the cube because you do it for a certain reward. When you do it in the cube it's because you don't want others to be able to play for whatever reason.

replies in yellow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I dont think its relevant whether the actual server itself is PvE or PvP when it comes to Cube, surviving against PK has always been is a part of the challenge in that specific instance (sadly if you have shiet gear or low level). Hardest part of Cube was always the PvP and not the rooms themselves b:surrender.

Removing PK from cube would make it way easier, so i dont think this discussion is any different from people who argue about wanting to make TT or any other instance less challenging.

Developers have for some reason decided that you need to be prepared for PVP if you wanna run Cube, its the same on all PVE servers, not just the ones hosted by Perfect World Entertainment.

Point is if you remove PK enabled rooms in Cube on PvE servers you have to do the same on PvP servers to make it balanced. Its not suppose to be easier and cheaper to get 99 skills + exp + get culti done just because the server happens to be PvE b:lipcurl
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    so... 8k to get room 32. Lets just double that and say 16k to room 50. Wow... something that cost 16k to get could sell for 400k+. Why isn't everyone doing this... sure sound like easy profit. Wonder if there is any hidden cost or even risks associated with getting the 16k page of fate.
    Just because cube isn't everyone's cup of tea doesn't mean you can portray yourself as the glorious hero keeping the market "stable" (read: profitable to you). There are a good handful of reasons people don't do the cube just as there are a good handful of reasons people do. For instance, a sizable portion of the current community doesn't even bother to play the game anymore - they just plvl to 90/100+ and the just buy the items they need (natch, PoFs, if they even realize that 99 skills benefit them at all). Some people see the cube as too complicated - I know I did before realizing I could feasibly do it awhile back. Some people hate the luck element of it.

@Others (mostly Janus), I'm a little amazed at how far you people try to go to defend something that doesn't benefit you in any measurable way. Kiyoshi notwithstanding, I doubt any of you seriously believe it will make a difference to the PoF market. So why all the hate? When did it become that important to you not to let the "carebears" win? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited July 2011
    I dont think its relevant whether the actual server itself is PvE or PvP when it comes to Cube, surviving against PK has always been is a part of the challenge in that specific instance (sadly if you have shiet gear or low level). Hardest part of Cube was always the PvP and not the rooms themselves b:surrender.

Removing PK from cube would make it way easier, so i dont think this discussion is any different from people who argue about wanting to make TT or any other instance less challenging.

Developers have for some reason decided that you need to be prepared for PVP if you wanna run Cube, its the same on all PVE servers, not just the ones hosted by Perfect World Entertainment.

Point is if you remove PK enabled rooms in Cube on PvE servers you have to do the same on PvP servers to make it balanced. Its not suppose to be easier and cheaper to get 99 skills + exp + get culti done just because the server happens to be PvE b:lipcurl

I wish they would just fix the hoover dam instance so that it would be decided once and for all if it was meant to. Right now the pvp pathways and what is and isn't supposed to be is glitched. That's why you can pk in that one corner of room one. I see no reason to include pvp challenge rooms if the whole thing is supposed to be a pvp challenge. This at least seems to indicate that just like other old glitches they decided to have you just play around it instead of actually fixing it. Now maybe it was intended, who knows. It's impossible to tell the original developers intent. It actually is supposed to be easier to get exp/get cultis done on pve servers, because no one can kill you in the middle of it. That's one of the main reasons that they even if PWI were to implement server transfers, they have stated the wouldn't want to do PvE to PvP, it would cause balance issues. lol at them caring about balance This is true of every culti but for some weird and nonsensical reason the cube. It's also the reason they banned PK in SP, even though you do not even need to get a culti done in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited July 2011
    @Others (mostly Janus), I'm a little amazed at how far you people try to go to defend something that doesn't benefit you in any measurable way. Kiyoshi notwithstanding, I doubt any of you seriously believe it will make a difference to the PoF market. So why all the hate? When did it become that important to you not to let the "carebears" win? XD

and why do these others seem to think it so important to not let the carebears win on the carebear servers?

i wish somebody would start with the amateur psychoanalyzing people already, so i could ask why a person with (for example) kiyoshi's approach to the game would not just reroll PvP. never mind whether it's healthy or not to think as he claims to think, and never mind whether or not he actually does think that way; why would a hypothetical someone who did think that way, play on a server where anybody could ever go bluenamed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just because cube isn't everyone's cup of tea doesn't mean you can portray yourself as the glorious hero keeping the market "stable" (read: profitable to you). There are a good handful of reasons people don't do the cube just as there are a good handful of reasons people do. For instance, a sizable portion of the current community doesn't even bother to play the game anymore - they just plvl to 90/100+ and the just buy the items they need (natch, PoFs, if they even realize that 99 skills benefit them at all). Some people see the cube as too complicated - I know I did before realizing I could feasibly do it awhile back. Some people hate the luck element of it.

Is there any reason that I should let the losers and the underachievers of the world "win". That's like one of those basketball games for 5 year olds where no one keeps score.... but at the end we all know who are the winners and who are the losers. And who are you to tell me what I should or shouldn't believe in. If i can even keep one page out of the market... that's one less page to compete with my cat shop. And I can honestly tell you this... I have kept numerous players from getting their page for the day. Its a satisfying feeling when your cube storage barb watches someone that you just killed 10 seconds ago in room 48 leaves cube.

And remembers kids... even if we don't keep score... that doesn't mean you are any less of a loser.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Almost 14 pages on something that will never be changed in the client. Can you guys make it to 20?

Edit: I stand corrected. 14 pages, here we are!
    edited July 2011
    Almost 14 pages on something that will never be changed in the client. Can you guys make it to 20?

Edit: I stand corrected. 14 pages, here we are!

It doesn't have to be changed in the client, SP rules were changed after two years had passed even though the client hasn't changed.

@Kiyoshi

Losers and underachievers? Because they choose to take the high road and come back later for the PoF. Instead of raging and crying about it? Do you honestly think a lot of those people don't just come back later when you have left? Most people who farm them to market them also know to just come back later so that the costs don't outweigh their profits. Probably the only people who leave are the people who would have sold them to you at a cheap price (and you'd make way more money buying low and selling high than messing with someone) because they aren't farming them to market them they came their for a different reason, who intend to come back later once you are gone, or were their for the exp/culti. And calling five year olds losers....you got serious issues man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    @Kiyoshi

Losers and underachievers? Because they choose to take the high road and come back later for the PoF. Instead of raging and crying about it? Do you honestly think a lot of those people don't just come back later when you have left? Most people who farm them to market them also know to just come back later so that the costs don't outweigh their profits. Probably the only people who leave are the people who would have sold them to you at a cheap price (and you'd make way more money buying low and selling high than messing with someone) because they aren't farming them to market them they came their for a different reason, who intend to come back later once you are gone, or were their for the exp/culti. And calling five year olds losers....you got serious issues man.

Merchant of pages is probably one of the most **** ways of making money. What sort of profit margins are we looking for here... maybe less then 5%. I would much rather go get my own page for 100k average cost to me and sell for much more. Instead of wondering around west begging for some miniscule discount. And not sure if you know this... but I am pretty sure if I see them leave cube... they won't be coming back for a page on the same day.

Of course I can only be a threat in cube for maybe 20 minutes out of the day. So thank god there is more similar minded people that fills in the rest of time slots.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

edited July 2011
    Merchant of pages is probably one of the most **** ways of making money. What sort of profit margins are we looking for here... maybe less then 5%. I would much rather go get my own page for 100k average cost to me and sell for much more. Instead of wondering around west begging for some miniscule discount. And not sure if you know this... but I am pretty sure if I see them leave cube... they won't be coming back for a page on the same day.

Of course I can only be a threat in cube for maybe 20 minutes out of the day. So thank god there is more similar minded people that fills in the rest of time slots.

Its just an example of how you aren't making as much as you think you are by killing people. Wondering around west? Dual log a cat shop in room one. Lots of people make money in there selling all kinds of cube related items. I can't imagine that the profits are as big as merchant other stuff, but meh if you're doing cube anyway it's better than not making any money. Or hoping and praying they dont come back. ANd if I choose to do cube, I will always come back later. Usually waiting an hour or two means the person will be gone. So you can cut done your numbers by even less than what you thought. The fact of the matter is that it's just not a legitimate way of making money, and there are other far better things you could be doing with your time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Earthgirl - Dreamweaver
    Earthgirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    that's how people have fun and as long as they aren't actually camping rooms waiting for people to come in, I don't think it's anything major.

Erm, actually people do camp PK rooms and kill anyone they can.

it's happened to many people of the people I know who do Cube regularly.
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2011

@Kiyoshi

Venus sweetie we are talking about Kiyoshi here, the Emperor of PWI, that him and only him should be able to finish cube and pages of fate should be found only in his vendor. Because he is the superior person and everything else is inferior to him. In fact, whole PWI revolves around him only.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It doesn't have to be changed in the client, SP rules were changed after two years had passed even though the client hasn't changed.

Difference: SP isn't forced PK upon enterence, on a PvE server.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Its just an example of how you aren't making as much as you think you are by killing people. Wondering around west? Dual log a cat shop in room one. Lots of people make money in there selling all kinds of cube related items. I can't imagine that the profits are as big as merchant other stuff, but meh if you're doing cube anyway it's better than not making any money. Or hoping and praying they dont come back. ANd if I choose to do cube, I will always come back later. Usually waiting an hour or two means the person will be gone. So you can cut done your numbers by even less than what you thought. The fact of the matter is that it's just not a legitimate way of making money, and there are other far better things you could be doing with your time.

I could care less if you or anyone else comes back in a hour or so... just remember you gotta leave your character in cube... or else its bye bye cube ticket. And when you do come back... how can you be sure my protege isn't there... or are you going to leave for another couple of hours until he leaves? And how much money do you expect to make off buying cube pages? Can you even hit a single gold per day... fraction of a dollar at today's price... if not my electricity could cost more then what i'll make off those damned pages. If i catshop... I better to be hitting 20-25% margin and 10 gold or more PER day... or else its not worth my computer's processing power.
    Venus sweetie we are talking about Kiyoshi here, the Emperor of PWI, that him and only him should be able to finish cube and pages of fate should be found only in his vendor. Because he is the superior person and everything else is inferior to him. In fact, whole PWI revolves around him only.

Of course. Anyone whose existence does not benefit me directly does not deserve my attention. And hence are fair game for whatever I feel at that given movement. Don't like it? Feel free to gear up and come after me... I doubt I am the most well geared player on PWI... in fact I am far from even decently well geared. So it really shouldn't take much to survive my hits and counter. Hey... if you are lucky... maybe you'll even become one of the what... thousand plus people that ACTUALLY managed to kill me.

EDIT: According to the rankings. I got 3698 kills and a k/d ratio of 3.2... in my defense a fair number of those deaths are from nix bleed during my 7x-9x days. Nevertheless, that would come out to me being killed a total of 1,156 times. Given that a couple of heavy hitters potentially killed me multiple times... lets just assume that 1,156 kills comes from 578 unique players. Almost 600 unique players managed to kill me. Not really hard to kill... you guys just gotta get out there and try.

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ignoring the above wall-of-text...

It's not like it's a guarantee that you will get PKed though. It is still possible to do the cube without ever falling prey to any forced-PK rooms, whether intended to be or otherwise. I think that's my issue with the argument put forth by the OP. I do see the validity of Astypoo's post though. It is sort of incongruous to have forced-PK rooms for blue names on a server intended maily for PvE activities.

As for camping, I did it all the time. My favorite thing to do was "accidentally" aoe and get kills in the process (100 sec stand comes to mind). :3
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yes exactly. The entire point of this topic is as follows:

If you are a blue name in a pve server, it should be IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to ever pk you for any reason whatsoever. (other than territory war of course.)
    Well, not quite. It should be impossible to get PKd without giving consent. TW is clearly a form of consent, as is the Tournament, as is going white named, etc...

The disagreement is whether or not entering Cube should be considered giving consent or not.

After listening to everybody else's opinions, I'm leaning towards Asterelle's position on the whole thing: PK that serves no purpose other than griefing, and is non-consentual, shouldn't be allowed on a PvE server. So I can accept the view that it should be taken out of any rooms other than 14 and 34.
    i'm starting to get really annoyed with this utterly bogus non-argument.

THIS ENTIRE BLOODY GAME IS OPTIONAL.

(snip)

you try that sort of tactics as a merchant, Warren, you'll have some seriously ticked off customers before long.
    Whoa, no need to make this personal.

I've been persuaded to change my view based upon Asterelle's argument, because it's a strong one. I'm also willing to admit that my opinion is certainly biased by the fact that Sanctuary has virtually no cube campers.

But at the same time, I still find the argument that cube is some sort of essential instance to be pretty weak. The same argument can be made about Dragon Temple, rooms 14 and 34, Tournament, or even TW (after all, PvE TW already exists). The argument only works if there's some sort of additional argument to justify why cube is special, which as far as I can tell is that lvl 99 players want to be able to do their cultivation.

Overall, that still seems like a really weak argument to me, so much so that I'd say the argument against PvP in cube is actually stronger without it.
    you're on lost city; you trying to tell me there are instances on a pvp server where pvp is arbitrarily not enabled? because, hey, if so --- we can trade...
    Aren't those called, "Safe Zones", and aren't they pretty much everywhere?

Not to mention everybody below level 30 that loiters around PvP battles in hopes of stealing drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Well, not quite. It should be impossible to get PKd without giving consent. TW is clearly a form of consent, as is the Tournament, as is going white named, etc...

The disagreement is whether or not entering Cube should be considered giving consent or not.

After listening to everybody else's opinions, I'm leaning towards Asterelle's position on the whole thing: PK that serves no purpose other than griefing, and is non-consentual, shouldn't be allowed on a PvE server. So I can accept the view that it should be taken out of any rooms other than 14 and 34.
    Wow, it's been awhile since I've agreed with Warren on something. :P Even though I was kinda the one to bring the term griefing into the discussion, but eh (someone correct me on that if I'm wrong, I didn't scrutinize 100% of the thread).

And lol @Kiyoshi's "kill me and my epeen or I'll continue to play emperor" mantra. :P Seriously dude, get some new lines. That one jumped the shark months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    edited July 2011
    I could care less if you or anyone else comes back in a hour or so... just remember you gotta leave your character in cube... or else its bye bye cube ticket. And when you do come back... how can you be sure my protege isn't there... or are you going to leave for another couple of hours until he leaves? And how much money do you expect to make off buying cube pages? Can you even hit a single gold per day... fraction of a dollar at today's price... if not my electricity could cost more then what i'll make off those damned pages. If i catshop... I better to be hitting 20-25% margin and 10 gold or more PER day... or else its not worth my computer's processing power.

Hmm, you got 400k for selling your PoF per day and the amount you estimate you can get from merchanting there is 1 gold, which is usually in the million range? And yet you still assert wasting your time with that is an oh so pro way to make money? And I guarantee you would get more than that, I happen to see the merchants in there doing things like adding warsoul hats and the like to their stock all the time. You don't have to ONLY sell that you can sell cash shop stuff, dice tickets, those little golden/platinum boxes, etc. I've never seen any merchant in there selling only one thing. Those bully/robber cards as well. They wouldn't spend a year there unless they are covering their costs and bringing in a decent profit. I Don't know how much, but clearly more than you are making PKing and acting as though spending what 20 minutes of your time killing has this huge impact on the market.

Rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Hmm, you got 400k for selling your PoF per day and the amount you estimate you can get from merchanting there is 1 gold, which is usually in the million range? And yet you still assert wasting your time with that is an oh so pro way to make money? And I guarantee you would get more than that, I happen to see the merchants in there doing things like adding warsoul hats and the like to their stock all the time. You don't have to ONLY sell that you can sell cash shop stuff, dice tickets, those little golden/platinum boxes, etc. I've never seen any merchant in there selling only one thing. Those bully/robber cards as well. They wouldn't spend a year there unless they are covering their costs and bringing in a decent profit. I Don't know how much, but clearly more than you are making PKing and acting as though spending what 20 minutes of your time killing has this huge impact on the market.

Instead of complaining you might want to try to comprehend what i wrote. I was asking is it even possible to make 1 gold per day merchanting pages. I am pretty sure its painfully obvious that I don't care about any of the random players out there. Pk-ing you or anyone else that I don't know is part of my game. I don't cube with the intent of making my day's worth of pay. I cube because I can... and the extra coins is just the icing on the cake. But there is nothing stopping me from getting more bang for my buck by dropping a few cannon fodders on the way.

edited July 2011
    Instead of complaining you might want to try to comprehend what i wrote. I was asking is it even possible to make 1 gold per day merchanting pages. I am pretty sure its painfully obvious that I don't care about any of the random players out there. Pk-ing you or anyone else that I don't know is part of my game. I don't cube with the intent of making my day's worth of pay. I cube because I can... and the extra coins is just the icing on the cake. But there is nothing stopping me from getting more bang for my buck by dropping a few cannon fodders on the way.

I knew that I just wanted to point out the silliness of the argument that you PK because you wanna control the market price of PoF. It's a pointless reason to PK people because you can't successfully do it. And now your real reason came out, you do it because you can and you don't care how others feel about it. You're not really gaining anything by doing that. Well not anything tangible. Well as tangible as digital items can be...You don't gain anything from PK in the cube except for the two pk rooms in which case you save a little money on do-all cards. In the other forced pvp instances, this is not the case at all. The only thing to gain from PK in the cube is the satisfaction in ruining someone elses progress and wasting their money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Are you serious?

Hardly anyone ever goes into cube.

I go log on during the busiest hours and get to room 50 hitting every single room and in the PK enabled rooms I will see no more than 5 people for the entire run.

And then you gotta sit there and insult anyone who ever pks in cube. Because clearly anyone who ever pks anyone else in cube is an arragont 14 year old virgin loser sitting in his parents basement hopped up on red bull screaming at his computer everytime he kills someone.

PK is part of the game, deal with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Even though, y'know, your "market protection" theory has been proven wrong by at least three people now? Yeah. You keep telling yourself that, buddy. Keep trying to rationalize what can't be rationalized. *goes to make more popcorn and watch*
    I go log on during the busiest hours and get to room 50 hitting every single room and in the PK enabled rooms I will see no more than 5 people for the entire run.

And then you gotta sit there and insult anyone who ever pks in cube. Because clearly anyone who ever pks anyone else in cube is an arragont 14 year old virgin loser sitting in his parents basement hopped up on red bull screaming at his computer everytime he kills someone.
    Y'know, I almost thought you were portraying an accurate PK archetype there just for the sake of calling them out. Then I remembered that you're Rawrgh. D:

Oh but to be fair, there are definitely plenty of other PK archetypes. Which one would you prefer? The 23-year-old who won't get off his *** to get a job but claims he PKs because he's "bored?" The disgruntled late-20s telemarketer who takes all his day's anger out on innocent passers-by? The emotionally-unbalanced highschooler for whom PKing people is the only thing that keeps him amused long enough to not take his anger out on someone IRL? Or maybe just Kiyoshi? (He's arguably his own archetype)

But hey, if the shoe fits... o.o

And wow, is RT really that dead? I see more people than that on Arch server's cube, to say nothing of HT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2011

But at the same time, I still find the argument that cube is some sort of essential instance to be pretty weak. The same argument can be made about Dragon Temple, rooms 14 and 34, Tournament, or even TW (after all, PvE TW already exists). The argument only works if there's some sort of additional argument to justify why cube is special, which as far as I can tell is that lvl 99 players want to be able to do their cultivation.

Overall, that still seems like a really weak argument to me, so much so that I'd say the argument against PvP in cube is actually stronger without it.

I don't care about TW, DT, Tournament.... I ignore those and it doesn't hamper my gameplay at all to do so. But for all of you saying "Cube is optional" and "nobody doesn't culti 100 anyway so just don't do it".......

I want to get a lvl 100 skill for my archer. All of you, please tell me how to do this without entering Cube. Because if there is an alternate method of reaching the state required to get that skill, I would gladly do it.

Really, they should just make it so that it is not a safe zone... then all you people that want to PvP can go white-named and have fun, while those of us the joined a PvE server because we hate PvP can stay blue-named and get our quests done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    PK is part of the challenge of Cube. It's not going to be removed.

[/end thread]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited July 2011
    PK is part of the challenge of Cube.

we don't want that kind of challenge on PvE servers.

serious question: why do you think PvE servers exist? why do you think there are several times as many of them as there are PvP ones?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    we don't want that kind of challenge on PvE servers.

serious question: why do you think PvE servers exist? why do you think there are several times as many of them as there are PvP ones?

It doesn't matter. PK is a part of the challenge of Cube otherwise it wouldn't be enabled in certain rooms (obvious exception being rm1).

Getting pked in Cube isn't a big deal. It's not like you can drop your stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It doesn't matter. PK is a part of the challenge of Cube otherwise it wouldn't be enabled in certain rooms (obvious exception being rm1).

Getting pked in Cube isn't a big deal. It's not like you can drop your stuff.

To these people, it IS a big deal. When you are blue named you are as such for the express purpose of being impossible to pk.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91