Cube Should Not Be Pk Enabled!!!!

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/XenoMonsterWhite.png
    strange that seems to be white to me not yellow. b:bye

Edit: also using an old quest from a long time ago doesn't count in an arguement cause it was fixed.
    Old quest from a long time ago? Wut? I just took those screenshots not even a minute before each post, the first one on my archer, the second one on my lowest (87) BM. And so what? They still show up as yellow. Remember? Yellow = culti! Everything that's yellow is a culti, amirite? There are plenty of quests that are yellow, however, you are unable to discern the difference between them, oversimplifying and muddling distinct and separate quest lines. And I'm the simple-minded one eh? b:cute
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Old quest from a long time ago? Wut? I just took those screenshots not even a minute before each post, the first one on my archer, the second one on my lowest (87) BM. And so what? They still show up as yellow. Remember? Yellow = culti! Everything that's yellow is a culti, amirite? There are plenty of quests that are yellow, however, you are unable to discern the difference between them, oversimplifying and muddling distinct and separate quest lines. And I'm the simple-minded one eh? b:cute

actually idiot read back i never said all yellow quests were culti. i said point blank that the oht is part of the culti because you have to have it unlocked to get 100 culti done.. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Okay guys break it off, there's no need to go into insults over a bit of a disagreement.
    edited July 2011
    ah insults the last resort of a simple mind. b:bye
    actually idiot read back i never said all yellow quests were culti. i said point blank that the oht is part of the culti because you have to have it unlocked to get 100 culti done.. b:bye
    No need to go toward insults now.. b:cute
    @OP

I know it's annoying but the chance of this being changed is....very small.
    So do what I do:
    Room 14, TP or kill myself and start over
    Room 34, use do all cards (also tele in prepared for a fight and fight if you see someone)
    Room 11 and 32, wait in the corner, see anyone coming to you, force log and log back after 5 mins
    Campers? Force log, if you get killed, log out and try some other time
    Know the people who pk there and force log when you see them
    Anything that's moving towards you, force log
    <_< I also sometimes don't get attacked and get buffed there because they know my husband lol

Log back, meanies are gone, continue cube b:victory

I won't give the pleasure for someone to kill me or raise his kill count, but I don't have any problem with getting attacked by WHITE named players....blue named players on the other hand.......like this fail 4th grader sin with nirvana +10 dags, 5 aps, she's a heavy cash shopper and always blue named and kills only mages in cube >_> and then laughs about them 'you're just jealous because you can't stand pk', I'm thankful for blacklist and her coward and repetitive strategy.

That's very odd lol, my quest is always white o.o both texts and I do that daily quest everyday
    One piece of advice is, for someone who seems to go so out of their way to avoid people in any possible PK room, is maybe do cube runs when there's not so many people doing it? Seems like a better idea to run through a cube rather quickly, in your case, than make it harder by logging out in the middle of it, coming back, and losing buffs+chi+genie energy, making yourself even more prone to dying than when you entered.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ... b:bye

b:bye <-this is your favorite smiley, please go ahead and leave "bye"
    i like potato
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Which covered the first sentence of previous post, but you ruined it after that..

Nobody said you want to, you want to because you did. Instead of just pointing out one shouldn't bicker, you go on to state "It doesn't really matter if it's part of the culti, you still have to do it to finish the culti, even it's not mechanically a part of it. Which means it might as well be.", which is in fact partaking in what is being bickered about. You can't be trying to keep a topic from being derailed when you jump in and offer insight into the derailed portion of the topic. The counselor point you make is rather moot since counselors' point is to settle conflict or avoid it, not telling others to stop bickering while getting on their soap box themselves.

Tl;dr is, maybe you should move on.

In tracking quest log I don't believe it used to show up as yellow, at least, not before either the TB expansion or sometime between that and the EG one. Although, I was using that more to make a point, since some people tie chrono and cultivation together merely because of their colour (along with the notion that because some culti quests are in chrono maps that this means they are the same).

If you really believe that pointing out that both interpretations could be seen as correct and in the end the differences don't really matter isn't trying to settle things, then I feel bad for whoever your high school counselor was. They comment on the things people are bickering about all the time, try to get both sides to see it a new way, and it's not considered bickering. Do you see me calling you or esco stupid? Did you see me fueling the fire by going "GO ESCO!" or "GO Janus!" No, I did not. Because I wasn't bickering with you. I realize there is a very subtle difference but just because someone disagrees with you and asks you to stop does not make it bickering.

The argument that PK should be banned in cube more results in that if you don't do it you can't get your culti finished. Which is the same reason it was banned in SP. Even though in SP, the people chose to be white named. It was interfering with their ability to finish and enjoy the storyline of the game so it was banned. It's the same principle with the cube, but hypocritically it was not banned except in room one. Room one was banned because some people use it to circumvent a coin sink and because there is a split second where you can't fight back. Given that sins almost always get this advantage, I fail to see that being a valid reason. Why is that protected, avoiding a coin sink, while doing the culti which is required to finish the game, not? The answer? Because PWI wants people to buy overpowered gear just to survive PK even if they are pve players. The rules will never be updated for that reason and the code can't be changed/fixed by the devs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't do cube often. Only ran it through to the last reward room once. But I never had problems with pk. I never got pked I guess except for in the first room when I just enter. But I tend to not do cube often. If they randomly pk you, then I guess that's just bad luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2011

One piece of advice is, for someone who seems to go so out of their way to avoid people in any possible PK room, is maybe do cube runs when there's not so many people doing it? Seems like a better idea to run through a cube rather quickly, in your case, than make it harder by logging out in the middle of it, coming back, and losing buffs+chi+genie energy, making yourself even more prone to dying than when you entered.
    Don't make assumptions based on no info >_> I didn't say I log 10 times each time I do cube, I said this is what I do in case I encounter a pk situation, besides, I do cube when it's like 6 am in America, so yea, I do pick my time wisely :)
  • Tazi - Heavens Tear
    Tazi - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, at least for once one of my rare posts was replied to by well spoken people.
    Normally my thread replies are all incoherent jabber with cursing and pointless responses, thus leaving me off the forums at all times.
    This is in agreement with the person that said most people that play for quests and people aren't hardcore on the forums. That would be me.

I thank all of you for responding to this in a mostly productive manner. It was a lot of reading, but the parts about the culti blow me away because I'm not up that high.

I agree with the alternate path portion about CoF. I'm all about the point of being in a PvE setting should stay a PvE setting except for the TWs, that's just a given. And I've never thought of forced logging.....that's a good idea.

I just want to be able to try all parts of the game. When I get bored I usually start another character, but this time around I wanted to actually TRY something different.

Seeing that this thread went this far, I would hope someone brought it to the game maker's attention that this is possibly an issue to address. Or at least something to change, ie. alternate paths.

Thank you to those that brought this train back on track. b:chuckle

I will not be attempting cube again. I do not enjoy the game when someone is being a jerk by blindsiding me and making me start over.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizard - Tazi 100
    Psychic - Anastaszia 70
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't quite understand how a thread like this goes on for 8 pages. Cube is the way it's gonna be forever, guys. Nothing is going to change. Whether you do Cube, like Cube, dislike Cube, don't do Cube, do it rarely, do it frequently, do it in squad, do it w/ out squad, do it w/ full buffs, bring pots, etc... It's still Cube. The developers aren't going to (most likely), ever change what room is PK enabled, and what isn't.

In the end it's up to you. Do cube, or don't.

Just have to say this...

Hi. b:bye
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @Tremble, despite everything, they do listen around here. Even if you can't directly change anything, you still have responsibility to voice your grievances (especially if they're rarely-said ones, like this). If no one ever complained, the devs & PWE would get away with three times the **** they get away with already. >_>

On-topic, let me just echo Asterelle's sentiments from page 1. Aside from the rooms where PK is part of the challenge, there is no logical reason for it to be there, and it only serves to encourage the bratty little kids who think that PK power = respect. Say whatever you will about player choice, QQ moar etc., but the fact is that you can't justify PKing someone who's just minding their own business and doesn't even try to fight back. The only reason people do that is to inflate their own egos by deluding themselves into thinking they're more respected, just because they can kill someone who has no interest in fighting. It's not because they're "bored." XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The cube has, numerous times, been iterated to be a challenge that involves both PVE and PVP.

then why does it even exist on a PvE server?

if i wanted a PvP challenge, i'd roll on a PvP server. that is why we even HAVE PvP servers. why do the bloody RPKers have to spill over into the bluename servers too?

seriously, if you can't have an instance without PvP in it, remove it from the non-PvP servers entirely. find some other method for us non-PKers to open our chrono maps and get our sages' badges --- put them in the cash shop if you can't think of anything else. let the PKers have the cube (yes, and dragon temple too) on their separate servers. that is why their separate servers exist, quit letting them hassle us who chose not to roll on those servers.

I enjoy cube, and I enjoy the extra little bit of tension and suspense that being in the PK rooms adds.

then why not just reroll on harshlands?
    I'd agree with you if cube wasn't optional, but it is.

i'm starting to get really annoyed with this utterly bogus non-argument.

THIS ENTIRE BLOODY GAME IS OPTIONAL. if i really don't want to get RPK'd, i can go take my dogs for a nice walk instead; it's cheaper than cashshopping, too. but if i do pick the option of playing a video game, and further pick the option of playing this particular video game, and even further still decide on the option of playing on a PvE server so i won't have other players randomly killing me...

...then i find out that that last option was a bait-and-switch; it came with strings attached. oh, i wanted to play on a PvE server? well this one is --- except for THAT bit of the server. oh, and that OTHER bit of the same server too, it isn't PvE either. and...

you try that sort of tactics as a merchant, Warren, you'll have some seriously ticked off customers before long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @OP

I know it's annoying but the chance of this being changed is....very small.
    So do what I do:
    Room 14, TP or kill myself and start over
    Room 34, use do all cards (also tele in prepared for a fight and fight if you see someone)
    Room 11 and 32, wait in the corner, see anyone coming to you, force log and log back after 5 mins
    Campers? Force log, if you get killed, log out and try some other time
    Know the people who pk there and force log when you see them
    Anything that's moving towards you, force log
    <_< I also sometimes don't get attacked and get buffed there because they know my husband lol

This is what I used to do. But this no longer works for me, as half the campers or more on HT are assassins. What happens now: stand in room 32 with log out option at the ready; sin unstealths beside you and stuns, sparks, and then you are dead. Logging out? No time if you can't see them. Some non-sins have gotten creative now too and to stop force-logging, they hit a genie aoe skill like bramble rage that gets you from afar before you know their intentions. This has happened to me several times just after porting into room; I didn't even have time to react. And some people will just wait close to the spawn point and kill you as you are loading in.

And often I get killed in the other rooms where being prepared with logout isn't even feasible. Like the rooms where you kill 2 mobs in 2 minutes, I am preoccupied with finding the correct mob and then am killing it when some sin stabs me in the back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited July 2011
    then why does it even exist on a PvE server?

if i wanted a PvP challenge, i'd roll on a PvP server. that is why we even HAVE PvP servers. why do the bloody RPKers have to spill over into the bluename servers too?

seriously, if you can't have an instance without PvP in it, remove it from the non-PvP servers entirely. find some other method for us non-PKers to open our chrono maps and get our sages' badges --- put them in the cash shop if you can't think of anything else. let the PKers have the cube (yes, and dragon temple too) on their separate servers. that is why their separate servers exist, quit letting them hassle us who chose not to roll on those servers.
    So bye bye DT, byebye cube, byebye TW, byebye pk tournament? Just because it's a PVE server and you don't like it? I barely even do any of those, why? Because I don't have to. I play a PVE server. Some people like to. There's an option not to, just like PK mode is optional. You would go the route of eliminating other people's choices just so you can feel comfortable not having any remnants of a PVP server? Wow is that ever egocentric.
    edited July 2011
    So bye bye DT, byebye cube, byebye TW, byebye pk tournament? Just because it's a PVE server and you don't like it? I barely even do any of those, why? Because I don't have to. I play a PVE server.

i play a PvE server too.

oh, wait, no i don't. i play a server that's PvE so long as i carefully stay out of the PvP areas of it. you know, kindof like how i stay out of the PvP servers, which i don't have to play any more than you don't have to go into the PvP parts of the supposedly not PvP server we're playing.

we've been sold a bill of goods, and you've bought it. i'm the guy piping up to say, "hey wait a ******n minute..."

and i'm not trying to take anybody's choices away. anybody who wants to PK can roll on a PvP server, they're right in the server list where they always were. what's so hard about that, really?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited July 2011
    i play a PvE server too.

oh, wait, no i don't. i play a server that's PvE so long as i carefully stay out of the PvP areas of it. you know, kindof like how i stay out of the PvP servers, which i don't have to play any more than you don't have to go into the PvP parts of the supposedly not PvP server we're playing.

we've been sold a bill of goods, and you've bought it. i'm the guy piping up to say, "hey wait a ******n minute..."

and i'm not trying to take anybody's choices away. anybody who wants to PK can roll on a PvP server, they're right in the server list where they always were. what's so hard about that, really?
    We've been sold a bill of goods and I've bought it? That's a dumb aphorism. People who partake in these events make a conscious choice to do so. There's way too many names synonymous with egocentric to call someone who wants to ruin other people's fun just because they personally, subjectively, think every single aspect of PVP should be removed from a PVE server due to their own not liking some aspects of how people behave on PVP servers. And this is coming from one of the bigger carebears, i.e. people who tend to avoid PVP. Your mindset is baffling really, I mean, why you're so concerned about nonsense like this.

There are quite a significant amount of people who enjoy things PW made into this game that are PVP related, especially TW of all things, and wow would a PVE TW ever be boring and pointless, and ruin several major aspects of the game that were intended to be there, all so what? You don't have to deal with some attitude that would exist anyways?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think the main issue here, is that on a pve server, many of us believe that if there is an event/instance/whatever and it has ANYTHING to do other than pvp, it should NOT have forced pvp.

An arena is fine for pvp
    TW is fine for pvp
    The white name/blue name is fine for pvp
    Dragon Temple works since the whole point is to stop others from getting chests

All of those are really optional so having pvp in them is just fine on a pve server.

Cube should NOT have forced pvp as it has things to do other than pvp and is NOT optional for those wanting to get skill pages/books and work on the chrono quest chain. As everyone should know, the chrono chain is REQUIRED to get your level 100 cultivation finished. (does not include the rooms that require you to kill someone to pass, those rooms are fine as they are, they were designed like that after all)
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited July 2011
    Cube should NOT have forced pvp as it has things to do other than pvp and is NOT optional for those wanting to get skill pages/books and work on the chrono quest chain. As everyone should know, the chrono chain is REQUIRED to get your level 100 cultivation finished. (does not include the rooms that require you to kill someone to pass, those rooms are fine as they are, they were designed like that after all)

never even mind the cultivation quests, chrono is required to see all the non-pvp game areas. if i had to go into dragon temple and do whatever odd pve quest in there, while getting killfarmed by the TW rank-9's the whole time, all just to get into some other non-pvp map --- damn right i'd be crying and moaning all over the forums about it.

if it's a PvE server, let me see the whole damn map without having to get into PvP mode. otherwise it's at best only an almost-PvE-but-not-really server. that's what i mean about being sold a bill of goods.

(i'll very grudgingly let the TW instance map itself go by, if only because i have actually managed to see it once without having to do PvP. they should reset the map more often, because that was kindof fun. but chrono map 4? bogus; gimme a dragon gate ex that's not in the middle of a PvP instance, or quit calling this a PvE server.)
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    So bye bye DT, byebye cube, byebye TW, byebye pk tournament? Just because it's a PVE server and you don't like it? I barely even do any of those, why? Because I don't have to. I play a PVE server. Some people like to. There's an option not to, just like PK mode is optional. You would go the route of eliminating other people's choices just so you can feel comfortable not having any remnants of a PVP server? Wow is that ever egocentric.
    I won't go so far as to advocate removal of those like Lenie is, but the point really isn't so much the removal. Cube is a perfect example of PVP where it does not belong.

PK Tournament? Come on, the only reason you would do something like that is to PK. That's a no-brainer. Same with TW. Both give rewards, both require PK. But not only is PK also the central element of both, they also require you to PK other players in order to receive the rewards.

DT, I'm on the fence with tbh. I will admit that the concept of DT works better with PVP, but the degradation of the PVP system and peoples' abuse of DT makes me hesitate to support it as such. I mean come on, why does Enrage camp the fashion turn-in NPC? What possible purpose does that serve? At the very least, the DT safe zone should be expanded to include that NPC.

But back to cube. Cube is different from tourney and TW, in that PK is not central to the experience and has little to nothing to do with the rewards. The obvious exceptions to this are, of course, 14 and 34. And as annoying as those two are, I'd support leaving them in as a novel challenge... one that no other room is based on.

But more importantly, it's about not encouraging griefing. What does that sin get out of killing Annalyse in room 33? Does he get an item? Does he get a free pass through the room? Does he help his faction achieve measurable goals? No. Aside from a negligible increment to an utterly pointless number on his Core Connect page, all he gets is the empty satisfaction born from causing hardship to another, namely by killing someone who just wanted to get her two mobs done so she could get out of there. And what is griefing, if not causing pointless hardship?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2011

But more importantly, it's about not encouraging griefing. What does that sin get out of killing Annalyse in room 33? Does he get an item? Does he get a free pass through the room? Does he help his faction achieve measurable goals? No. Aside from a negligible increment to an utterly pointless number on his Core Connect page, all he gets is the empty satisfaction born from causing hardship to another, namely by killing someone who just wanted to get her two mobs done so she could get out of there. And what is griefing, if not causing pointless hardship?

I would like to disagree. I kill people in cube to improve the quality of the rewards... just like I kill people in DT to improve my chance of getting a chest. If every average joe gets to finish cube, then its fairly certain the price of cube pages would plumit. Why would I want to sell cube pages for 100k... instead of the 300k that I could get if i only drop a few worthless excuse for gears. Its a 200k return on an investment of a 2 coin arrow... where else can I get that sort of return on investment. On the other hand... if any average joe wants to pay me 200k for safe passge... thats more then ok with me.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm writing a story about greedy people like you. I hope you enjoy what happens to you. :)
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would like to disagree. I kill people in cube to improve the quality of the rewards... just like I kill people in DT to improve my chance of getting a chest. If every average joe gets to finish cube, then its fairly certain the price of cube pages would plumit. Why would I want to sell cube pages for 100k... instead of the 300k that I could get if i only drop a few worthless excuse for gears. Its a 200k return on an investment of a 2 coin arrow... where else can I get that sort of return on investment. On the other hand... if any average joe wants to pay me 200k for safe passge... thats more then ok with me.

Interesting argument. Does it apply to killing players less than level 90 as well? Even if killing 9x players decreases the suppy, it would also have an affect to decrease demand. Fewer players being able to complete cube means the average player on a server has less XP which means fewer players are able to use level 99 skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Extortion as "market protection?" Only you, Kiyoshi. -_- I'd take issue with your egotism if I didn't think you were blatantly trolling, as usual.

I do hope you understand, though, that an argument like that will never stand up, because you and I both know that a 2-coin arrow isn't going to "secure" a 200k price difference on even one PoF. Even assuming you can oneshot everyone who would otherwise be getting a PoF, virtually no one gives up cube after one failed attempt. Those who do cube are used to resetting it a few times, so on average you'd have to PK the same person at least three or four times to get them to ragequit for that day alone. And even accomplishing that much requires you to be in the same place as them 3-4 times, which becomes increasingly impossible unless you were to wait in well-traveled rooms like 11/32 (and then, given the time you'd have to wait for them, I'm sure that does wonders for your PoF market).

And even if you could pull all that off, it'd still be a drop in the bucket... nowhere near this 200k you boast of. I've done cube off and on for about a year now and I've only seen the price of PoFs rise. Actually they jumped at least 100k when I came back from hiatus recently, which is wonderful news for my skill book project. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @Tremble, despite everything, they do listen around here. Even if you can't directly change anything, you still have responsibility to voice your grievances (especially if they're rarely-said ones, like this). If no one ever complained, the devs & PWE would get away with three times the **** they get away with already. >_>

Actually, only extremely small things ever have been changed in our version of PW:
    -TT being raised to 8 hours of instance time, from 4.
    -Horns being taken out of the Boutique (Note: Not the client. Just where you're able to directly purchase them.)
    -Duke's shouts minimized.

Now, let's take a look...

Every "major" patch since they extended TT's time limitation from 4 hours to 8 hours, has reset the timer in the instance back to 4 hours. Thus, for many patches we are left w/ a 4 hour TT instance, until it is reported by several players via tickets, and after ~1-2 months, it is changed back.
    NOTE: Original timer instance was 24 hours.

Horns. Directly put into the Boutique originally. Taken out when players complained via tickets and forums. Thread w/ 150 pages or so was created, with complaints. They we're only taken out of the cashshop. You could still, and can still obtain and use these "Horns" in the game.
    NOTE: In the EG expansion, they now have Horns available via the supply stash box.

Duke's Shouts... How many times has this been reset per patch? How many times has the player base cried about it? I'll just leave this one blank. You and 99.99999% of the community knows this "change" via client, quite well.

Now, how many times has the player base cried about:
    -Rubberbanding
    -Packs
    -5aps
    -OP sins
    -Broken PvP
    -Broken instances
    -Glitches
    -Exploits
    -Hyper exp stones
    -Oracles

How many of those have been changed? 0.

Will they ever be changed? No, why would they? They are bringing this failure of a company (PWE), profit. Want Cube changed? Good luck learning Chinese and voicing you're opinions via PW-CN's forums/ticketing system.

PWE doesn't have the right to change anything in the client, beside's minor text translations and the Boutique sales. They haven't listened to the player base for nearly 3 years, and will continue to not listen to the player base.

Example:
    Took ~7 months for DQ rewards system to be implemented after they nerfed DQ to NPC price. This wasn't even a client change, lol. It is web-based.
  • Yudai - Sanctuary
    Yudai - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Excuse me if this argument has already been made, as i have not gone through the entirety of this thread, but i do believe there is a reason why some cube rooms are force PvP.

I'm sure some of you people remember the cube event, where a GM was standing in room 50 and asked that a player gave him/her some random piece of **** armor in exchange for 5 hyper stones. During that event, Cube was utterly flooded.

I think that Cube is PvP enabled to prevent such flooding. Just imagine, Slaughterhouse EX. I think there's 4 or 5 of the penguins in that room for the 90+ levels. I am unsure of the count of the other penguins. But if there were say 10 people in there, it would take a long time before any of them finished the room. Or the second tricky card room. what if someone set it to 100? It would get so crowded and no one would be able to mine anything.

And anyway, i personally like the pk in other rooms. I have had sins pop up out of nowhere and pk me in jail. So, i usually go right back into cube, hoping to find them in any pk enabled room. A little revenge isn't so bad, is it?

So, i firmly believe that the Cube of Fate should stay as it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks NowItsAwn.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Interesting argument. Does it apply to killing players less than level 90 as well? Even if killing 9x players decreases the suppy, it would also have an affect to decrease demand. Fewer players being able to complete cube means the average player on a server has less XP which means fewer players are able to use level 99 skills.

Really... you are suggesting that the average player actually needs cube to hit level 99? Considering ff gives upwards of 5-6 mil exp per run if done with the right 9x group... while cubes give 1 mil. Personally... I haven't done cube in over half a year now. And if I remember correctly... most cubers are already 90+ (judging by their weapons). Right now... whenever I do log on... sometimes I would even see 100+ with 3* level 9x armor and tt80 weapons. Those are the people who are VERY unlikely to pass cube... and yet they managed to hit 100.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• KareszPsych - Heavens Tear
    KareszPsych - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Why don't you run around on the world map killing people who try to farm mats, herbs, DQ items, or whatever it is that they are trying to farm? After all the average joe not being able to farm their own mats, herbs or DQ items would most certainly increase the demand for these items, and at the same time lower the amount of people capable of farming and selling them.

Oh wait...you can't do that, because it's a PVE server.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    I'm writing a story about greedy people like you. I hope you enjoy what happens to you. :)

I do enjoy what happened to me. 2nd socketed and +10 my cv... and later +12 my r8 bow with the money from cube. Not bad for wasting a few arrow if you ask me.
    I do hope you understand, though, that an argument like that will never stand up, because you and I both know that a 2-coin arrow isn't going to "secure" a 200k price difference on even one PoF. Even assuming you can oneshot everyone who would otherwise be getting a PoF, virtually no one gives up cube after one failed attempt.

I never expect anyone to give up cube after I kill them. In fact I have killed the same person in room 11 (or whatever is the first jail room) twice in the time it took me to get my dice. But the more people that I can force to start over. The more the cost associated to completing the cube for them will be. And with increased cost... there is a good chance they won't be able to afford to cube every day... and hence less cube pages to flood the market. Personally... I can only prevent so many pages from entering the market. But with my fellow like-minded people... I am willing to go out on a limb to say that we have successfully prevented hundreds if not thousands of cube pages from flooding the market and driving down the cost.

Also regarding room 47... I would like to point out that its advantageous for you to kill whoever reached the mob room first. The center boss only aggros whoever enters the room first. If you can manage to kill the first guy to enter (and stand far enough away from the ball).... it'll deaggro and stop aoe-ing the **** out of you... hence less charm burn.

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Why don't you run around on the world map killing people who try to farm mats, herbs, DQ items, or whatever it is that they are trying to farm? After all the average joe not being able to farm their own mats, herbs or DQ items would most certainly increase the demand for these items, and at the same time lower the amount of people capable of farming and selling them.

Oh wait...you can't do that, because it's a PVE server.

I have killed the occasional white named that farms my herb route. Every one less competitor is more profit for me. PvE server can only give them so much protection... and whenever they are not protected... I'll be there. Well... I'll only be there when and if it profits me. Otherwise... carry on.

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Really... you are suggesting that the average player actually needs cube to hit level 99? Considering ff gives upwards of 5-6 mil exp per run if done with the right 9x group... while cubes give 1 mil. Personally... I haven't done cube in over half a year now. And if I remember correctly... most cubers are already 90+ (judging by their weapons). Right now... whenever I do log on... sometimes I would even see 100+ with 3* level 9x armor and tt80 weapons. Those are the people who are VERY unlikely to pass cube... and yet they managed to hit 100.

You are confusing the average player with a specific player. Take the average of everyone on a server and that's the average player. If the average player has less XP then the average player will have less demand for 99 skills.

Also if the average player gets upset at the atitude of players such as you and decide to play a better game that would also decrease demand.

This reasoning is as valid as your argument.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html