Multi-Clienting Rule Changes

Comments

• papafrank
    papafrank Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i think it's wonderful too ... BUT ! suddenly (since the last update) i canNot open a 2nd client !?
    can Some1 pls tell me why ?!?

also - why suddenly no b'ground music ?

(later that hour) - i have both now - 2nd client (found ElementClient.exe) and music :)
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Its just the Launcher who needs a fix. If your Game is full updated go to where you have perfect world installed. Find your element folder. In that folder is an ElementClient.exe if you use that you can run more then one client.b:dirty

worked for me, thanks
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Just find out it indeed is broken (at least for me)... Getting some chinese message and when I press yes or no I get another error... Just trying verifying my client now or otherwise just leave the one online taking new faction members and make it a Final Fantasy day/week untill we all know more... I'll let you know if verifying worked... b:cute

Edid: Verifying helps... So if you have troubles try that... Also use the Elementclient thingy in case you weren't already doing it... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yep, it looks like the patch took away the ability to run a second client by running the launcher again.

As others have stated, the work-around for this is to go into your Perfect World International folder -> Element folder -> Elementclient.exe

Double click this icon to run your second client for now.

Meanwhile, I'll see if this was an intended change-

Thanks for reporting.
  • Hrothgir - Sanctuary
    Hrothgir - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I opened the second client use the elementclient.exe and for some reason whenever i try to logg in with a character on the second window, it freezes up on me, i didnt have any problems prior to the patch, anyone else having this kind of trouble?
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I opened the second client use the elementclient.exe and for some reason whenever i try to logg in with a character on the second window, it freezes up on me, i didnt have any problems prior to the patch, anyone else having this kind of trouble?

I had the same issue using Windows 7, I found that if I followed the directions above and right-clicked on elementclient and selected "Run as Administrator" instead of double-clicking, it worked fine. Hope this helps.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle
  • Hrothgir - Sanctuary
    Hrothgir - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I had the same issue using Windows 7, I found that if I followed the directions above and right-clicked on elementclient and selected "Run as Administrator" instead of double-clicking, it worked fine. Hope this helps.

OMG! im such an idiot, i have Windows 7 as well and didnt even think of that b:beatup b:beatup b:beatup it worked, thanks!
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Mine still works fine with using the launcher a second time. I guess I'm just lucky? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited June 2011
    Mine still works fine with using the launcher a second time. I guess I'm just lucky? b:question

Depends on what you find lucky... I never booted the 2nd client from the launcher since it has always bin glitchy for me so it realy doesn't affect me... b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • lionheart1989
    lionheart1989 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    how come i cant get 2 accounts up after that last update. i am just curious becuse i could do it before that update ands i made a second account just becuse i was abel to play both accounts then. i really dont like it cuse i used rl munny for this account to get it up and playing.

next time when u do change it back aggain say so before peeps actually wanting to play 2 accounts on the same computer. cuse ithis rly ish frustatingb:angry
    edited June 2011
    how come i cant get 2 accounts up after that last update. i am just curious becuse i could do it before that update ands i made a second account just becuse i was abel to play both accounts then. i really dont like it cuse i used rl munny for this account to get it up and playing.

next time when u do change it back aggain say so before peeps actually wanting to play 2 accounts on the same computer. cuse ithis rly ish frustatingb:angry

Stay calm... Follow the steps that where given earlier on the topic... If that doesn't work Verify... b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lionheart1989
    edited June 2011
    Stay calm... Follow the steps that where given earlier on the topic... If that doesn't work Verify... b:thanks

where O.o lolz didunt see any
    edited June 2011
    where O.o lolz didunt see any

Just go to your C disk... Locate the Perfect World folder... Go to Element... And there click the ElementClient.exe to open the 2nd client... You can also copy it to your desktop so you don't have to go there ech time you want to run the 2nd client... Do make sure you start the 1st client through the usual patcher though... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lionheart1989
    edited June 2011
    b:avoid omgosh nvm i found it in the topid im sorry for my earlier outburst b:surrenderb:embarrass
    edited June 2011
    b:avoid omgosh nvm i found it in the topid im sorry for my earlier outburst b:surrenderb:embarrass

No problem... Have fun playing... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LustForBlood - Sanctuary
    LustForBlood - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm having a bit of trouble here. When I try to multi-client the first one that I have open gets forced closed when I open another. Then when I open the first again the second gets closed.
    edited June 2011
    I'm having a bit of trouble here. When I try to multi-client the first one that I have open gets forced closed when I open another. Then when I open the first again the second gets closed.

Have you tried the method I mentioned above? Or else Verified your client?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luke_W - Dreamweaver
    Luke_W - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    so how do you multi client??
  • kevindgage
    kevindgage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011

well looks like since last update i cant have 2 accounts on at same time but alot of others can looks really even i guess some can while others cant.
  • sinlessmushrum
    sinlessmushrum Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    this sucks u could run multi client before this just log on and then press windows button then log in to another acc no file changes now it does not even work BUNKb:angry
    edited June 2011

Wow, the amount of people that post without reading the thread. Seriously, the answer to your question is about four posts above yours. It tells you how to open a second client.

And for all the people complaining that they can no longer multi-client, SAME THING. Read the thread. The launcher no longer works for multi-clienting for 99% of the playerbase, so you have to follow the instructions given.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011

The first one will be minimized when you open the second, if that's what you're talking about. You can't have two clients active at the exact same time, you will have to switch between them.
  • friendlyfirefred
    friendlyfirefred Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i have 2 accounts, my wife has one and our roommate has one.
    my second account was made so i could play the earth born campaigns,
    and as a relief shop account.
    my wife and i were playing and died i was unable to log in to. my second account to get my shop cleric there and rez us. i do not have a problem with the rule of 2 accounts per person but if i can't get to one account whats the point?
  • Crystal_Riku - Sanctuary
    Crystal_Riku - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    @Annalyse

But I didn't read something HOW to do multi clienting now after the last patch in the first post here. There are examples and written what you can do. But not every people here can read all the posts from this thread oO...that's too many I think.
  • friendlyfirefred
    friendlyfirefred Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Just go to your C disk... Locate the Perfect World folder... Go to Element... And there click the ElementClient.exe to open the 2nd client... You can also copy it to your desktop so you don't have to go there ech time you want to run the 2nd client... Do make sure you start the 1st client through the usual patcher though... b:cute

thank you very much for the help
    edited June 2011
    @Annalyse

But I didn't read something HOW to do multi clienting now after the last patch in the first post here. There are examples and written what you can do. But not every people here can read all the posts from this thread oO...that's too many I think.

You don't have to read all the pages of the thread. This new problem with multiclienting only *just* started so the posting on how to fix it only just happened. The answer is one page back, and repeated several times.

Well, now it is also quoted in the post above mine because someone else looked a page back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    what *i* do is open a terminal window, cd to "~/.wine/drive_c/Perfect\ World\ Entertainment/Perfect\ World\ International/element", and run "wine ./elementclient.exe". then i minimize the terminal window so it won't annoy me with all the STDERR spam. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • varnold2007
    varnold2007 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    im alittle confused...if i have 2 accounts both on arch server can i run both accounts from the same computer or do they actually have to be from diff computers
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    im alittle confused...if i have 2 accounts both on arch server can i run both accounts from the same computer or do they actually have to be from diff computers

You (as a singular person) are allowed to have 2 characters active per computer, and only 2 accounts per person. This means that you may log in to both accounts, one in each client (meaning using 2 clients), on a single computer. Does that clear it up?
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Is PK allowed on two toons at the same time?

IE
    Fishy stuns, brings Bird.
    Bird shoots person.

Both operated by same person?
    This point hasn't been made clear I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]