Multi-Clienting Rule Changes

Options

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    He also posted the names of the characters banned, and one of the names probably fell under the "inappropriate name" clause of the ToS.

Having more than 2 accounts previous to the rule change is fine. It is the excessive creation of accounts past that which is being monitored.

And you can still play with each member of your family, with up to 2 accounts per person.

Inappropriate huh? I don't know exactly how inappropriate but I'm pretty sure I saw a lot worse on HT server before... Or ppl that have the worst kind of name in another language and keep walking around with those cause even though ppl report those GM's refuse to look it up...

But aside from that... Maybe a GM could be a bit more clear about exactly how they're gonna make sure they won't ban family members that follow the rules... Ban first is not an option... Even though I can live a while without the game my mom can't... And I will not forgive annyone who harms her sanity... Even if it is done by a company...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    But aside from that... Maybe a GM could be a bit more clear about exactly how they're gonna make sure they won't ban family members that follow the rules...

I doubt they even know. Even if they did have a plan, they probably wouldn't tell us - whatever method they'd use for determining can probably be defeated, so pinpointing the specifics would be counterproductive.
    Ban first is not an option... Even though I can live a while without the game my mom can't... And I will not forgive annyone who harms her sanity... Even if it is done by a company...

Seriously, I hope you're exaggerating for effect here, because anyone whose sanity depends on playing PWI probably needs to step back from the game (and probably the computer).

Besides, weren't you one of the folks telling me to stop complaining about how they implemented the rule?
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I doubt they even know. Even if they did have a plan, they probably wouldn't tell us - whatever method they'd use for determining can probably be defeated, so pinpointing the specifics would be counterproductive.

Seriously, I hope you're exaggerating for effect here, because anyone whose sanity depends on playing PWI probably needs to step back from the game (and probably the computer).

Besides, weren't you one of the folks telling me to stop complaining about how they implemented the rule?

Actualy I'm serious... Mom lives for the game... And maybe the GM's will tell us if we ask it nicely... You know... The other method of doing thing... Still haven't had problems yet though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Actualy I'm serious... Mom lives for the game... And maybe the GM's will tell us if we ask it nicely... You know... The other method of doing thing... Still haven't had problems yet though...

Seriously. Your mom needs to step back from the computer. It's not healthy.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Seriously. Your mom needs to step back from the computer. It's not healthy.

I know... But due to reasons I'm not gonna tell you she doesn't have much else left to do... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cewoo1
    cewoo1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The "levelling the playing field" idea will drive away the people PWE most wants to keep, those with money to spend on playing this game.

Who'se the 'genius' that came up with that idea? I have money to spend, though it isn't much, but PWE is not getting another cent of it while I can't multi-box 3 clients to finish off a failed BH.

Doe's PWE want to deal only with freeloaders and those with loose change to spare?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    PWI you are flying in the face of the principles of the laws that the country you're based in is founded on. Innocent until proven guilty is a cornerstone of a democratic country. You can't just accuse people of shoplifting without any proof and you shouldn't ban people under those same principles. I realize your ToS gives you more legal room, but that doesn't make it right and it doesn't make you a good company. It also flies in the face of those who are banned and slaps them basically. You don't ban people when they post screenshots of their .ini edits on the screensavers forum, you don't ban people who are clearly doing things like exploiting glitches in world chat like when they were selling jones blessings and medals of glory. Including the guy who came on the forum and bragged about it. So these people who fully admit to and screenshot themselves as doing something worthy of banning do not get banned, but you want to ban people because they MIGHT be breaking a rule? Can't you just instead send them email that they have to respond to within 3-5 days (you're own standard for appropriate response time) saying their account will be banned unless they can submit whatever proof it is you are demanding?

You should be ashamed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited May 2011
    Options
    PWI you are flying in the face of the principles of the laws that the country you're based in is founded on. Innocent until proven guilty is a cornerstone of a democratic country. You can't just accuse people of shoplifting without any proof and you shouldn't ban people under those same principles. I realize your ToS gives you more legal room, but that doesn't make it right and it doesn't make you a good company. It also flies in the face of those who are banned and slaps them basically. You don't ban people when they post screenshots of their .ini edits on the screensavers forum, you don't ban people who are clearly doing things like exploiting glitches in world chat like when they were selling jones blessings and medals of glory. Including the guy who came on the forum and bragged about it. So these people who fully admit to and screenshot themselves as doing something worthy of banning do not get banned, but you want to ban people because they MIGHT be breaking a rule? Can't you just instead send them email that they have to respond to within 3-5 days (you're own standard for appropriate response time) saying their account will be banned unless they can submit whatever proof it is you are demanding?

You should be ashamed.

+1... b:victory

@cewoo1: I wonder if you can keep that up... When the 1st packs kept comming back lot's of ppl also said they'd either quit or stop spending cash... But this game being an addiction, both gameplay wise and spending wise for those who do spend cash, only 1 out of 50 ppl actualy did as they said... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cewoo1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I wonder if you can keep that up... When the 1st packs kept comming back lot's of ppl also said they'd either quit or stop spending cash... But this game being an addiction, both gameplay wise and spending wise for those who do spend cash, only 1 out of 50 ppl actualy did as they said... b:surrender

I have returned to reading books, pending the outcome of discussions on the support site.
  • cewoo1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Support Staff 11 has used the term "Gold Farming" in relation to logging in multiple accounts.

What is Gold Farming?
    edited May 2011
    Options
    cewoo1 wrote: »
    Support Staff 11 has used the term "Gold Farming" in relation to logging in multiple accounts.

What is Gold Farming?

Not sure but my guess is that some multiboxers have bin using botting programs to make coin and such while they aren't at their keyboards... But even though the outcome can take a while why don't you try setting up a poll at wich ppl can vote for more clients each person online... Even though I'm fine with just 2 seeing the many ppl being bottered by it I'm willing to vote for some more clients allowed as long as we also can keep multiclienting... Not to mention for a "ask first, then ban" method... PW has taken one small step into the good direction but I guess it could be done better... Also I think it's awesome you can keep yourself busy with other stuff and actualy stand behind you point... Haven't met much ppl that are also able too... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have returned to reading books, pending the outcome of discussions on the support site.

Good call dude, on the same boat here.

To PWI: I received your "Why did you quit playing Perfect World International?" survey, and you forgot to put a Policie Change option so I can answer properly. Just saying in case you really care.
  • juanpancho
    edited May 2011
    Options

What is Gold Farming?

As far as I have understood by reading related posts/articles, Gold Farming is when people play to get ingame goods and later resell them, just not for ingame coin but for real life money.
  • JennyBlazes - Harshlands
    JennyBlazes - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Here is the plain and simple truth behind it, and I am surprised that noone has pointed this out yet.

PWI does not want you to be able to farm instances without finding a squad or at least a couple other people. If people log 6 clients with all 100+ chars they can farm nirvana all day by themselves and not have to worry about finding a squad ever or sharing the drops with other players. Also someone logging 4 accounts can open tt gates by themselves and again not have to find a squad or another person or two to open for them.

Now, what is the significance of this you ask? Simple, not having to find other squad members or other people to help with these things saves time and allows the non cash shopper to make money at a faster rate. Thus, eliminating the need for them to cash shop. Thus making PWI lose money on those that normally would not want to spend the time looking for squads or squad members and would just charge that zen and sell gold for coin.

This post may get deleted ( because it states the truth) but let's be honest, PWI could care less about leveling any playing field or they would not make rep available through the cash shop, nor would they at one time have made r9 so easy to get just to take it away because oh nooos, some one found a way to sell said medals and make coin without charging zen when honestly there is no difference between selling medals and selling dq to those who were going to trade for the medals. no difference what so ever,

What this is truly about is money. PWI knows that if they allow people to log more than 2 accounts they can farm coin till the cows come home without ever searching for a squad thus eliminating the need to charge zen for certain players..... and we can't have that!! Can't have the Free to Play game actually be free to play now can we?

Now, before I get flamed, yes I have cash shopped, yes I do still cash shop, and yes I do run 2 clients at one time, both 100+chars, and luckily I have friends who will help me open tt gates on a regular basis so I personally don;t have to hunt for squads. And no I do not do nirvana even though I am of level and aps for it, I personally find it boring and frustrating with a very small payoff compared to selling fc heads and farming tt.

So let's be honest here guys, you made the 2 client rule to stop people from being able to open the cash cow instances by themselves and save time thus generating more coin more rapidly. It had nothing to do with leveling the playing field, that is a manufactured excuse not the true reason......... just my 2 cents on it.....
  • juanpancho
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Here is the plain and simple truth behind it, and I am surprised that noone has pointed this out yet.

PWI does not want you to be able to farm instances without finding a squad or at least a couple other people. If people log 6 clients with all 100+ chars they can farm nirvana all day by themselves and not have to worry about finding a squad ever or sharing the drops with other players. Also someone logging 4 accounts can open tt gates by themselves and again not have to find a squad or another person or two to open for them.

Now, what is the significance of this you ask? Simple, not having to find other squad members or other people to help with these things saves time and allows the non cash shopper to make money at a faster rate. Thus, eliminating the need for them to cash shop. Thus making PWI lose money on those that normally would not want to spend the time looking for squads or squad members and would just charge that zen and sell gold for coin.

This post may get deleted ( because it states the truth) but let's be honest, PWI could care less about leveling any playing field or they would not make rep available through the cash shop, nor would they at one time have made r9 so easy to get just to take it away because oh nooos, some one found a way to sell said medals and make coin without charging zen when honestly there is no difference between selling medals and selling dq to those who were going to trade for the medals. no difference what so ever,

What this is truly about is money. PWI knows that if they allow people to log more than 2 accounts they can farm coin till the cows come home without ever searching for a squad thus eliminating the need to charge zen for certain players..... and we can't have that!! Can't have the Free to Play game actually be free to play now can we?

Now, before I get flamed, yes I have cash shopped, yes I do still cash shop, and yes I do run 2 clients at one time, both 100+chars, and luckily I have friends who will help me open tt gates on a regular basis so I personally don;t have to hunt for squads. And no I do not do nirvana even though I am of level and aps for it, I personally find it boring and frustrating with a very small payoff compared to selling fc heads and farming tt.

So let's be honest here guys, you made the 2 client rule to stop people from being able to open the cash cow instances by themselves and save time thus generating more coin more rapidly. It had nothing to do with leveling the playing field, that is a manufactured excuse not the true reason......... just my 2 cents on it.....

As I stated before on this thread, I think it's about money as you say, just not the one made by grinders but the one made by merchants. It's most likely aimed at merchants with buy/sell spots all over the map (maybe 30, 40, 50+ accounts?) that make money without playing and adding to massive amounts of lag.

Why do I think this way? The new policie could potentially 1) nerf the highest coin income available to players (merchanting), 2) reduce lag without putting more money on hardware and 3) while maybe not expected or put in as a "popularity tradeoff" measure, it actually allows every single high level solo'er to become a high level duo'er and therefore have an even cheaper grind/farm to make more money in guess what?...

half the time.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well I do agree with the fact that ppl have bin abusing multiboxing to avoid working in squads... Who needs one when you can open a TT yourself or farm nirvana all day long... But this only goes for 4+ accounts right? Don't get me wrong I'm not one of the ppl who needs more clients then 2 at the same time but if the problem starts at 4... Why not make the limit to 3? Maybe then the so-called victems might also be a little hapier... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cewoo1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    On the support site I have found out that the rule change was not specifically intended to prevent players of non tank/healer classes from logging in a tank and a healer to assist the alt.

Before the rule change I did not normally play with 3 clients multi-boxed. It was only when something like the squad my veno was in failed to complete the BH chain that I would multi-box all three.

I have been referred to another person to discuss an idea that would allow someone to log in up to 3 clients at the same time.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    On the support site I have found out that the rule change was not specifically intended to prevent players of non tank/healer classes from logging in a tank and a healer to assist the alt.

Before the rule change I did not normally play with 3 clients multi-boxed. It was only when something like the squad my veno was in failed to complete the BH chain that I would multi-box all three.

I have been referred to another person to discuss an idea that would allow someone to log in up to 3 clients at the same time.

Like I said 3 is an amount that can't be used for abusing purposes... Try setting up a poll... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Like I said 3 is an amount that can't be used for abusing purposes... Try setting up a poll... b:victory

Define "abusing purposes"? 3 toons gives you a tank, healer, and dd - the holy trinity - which allows you to "solo" stuff in a reasonable time frame. Personally, I don't think that's abuse, but I'm pretty sure that others do (based on their posts).

So what's the magic number for you?
  • TaterBaby - Harshlands
    TaterBaby - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Since this was implemented, when logged onto two accounts, they get dc'd. Its been a pain in the neck.
  • Kimmber - Lost City
    Kimmber - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

you are close on this but then you get way off target.
    they did this to stop the people farming instances by themselves yes but to make it so that teams are once again made making it a team game again instead of solo everything...

the R9 was taken out due to exploit and if you read other thread it was pulled by developers not GM's cause it should have never been so easy to obtain.

but yet as mentioned near start of the thread is allowed 2 for helping self thru some quests or to allow a catshop while you play so you can sell items that you have while still able to play and lvl.. myself think this is a good solution and a good start at the soloing in game!

start to make squads again and find out what others can do or better yet help others out so they dont have to charge zen to buy frost runs to lvl.......
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Define "abusing purposes"? 3 toons gives you a tank, healer, and dd - the holy trinity - which allows you to "solo" stuff in a reasonable time frame. Personally, I don't think that's abuse, but I'm pretty sure that others do (based on their posts).

So what's the magic number for you?

Opening TT's... Soloing Nirvana's... More of that stuff... TT's need 4 ppl... Nirvana's 6... Not to mention you'd still have 3 spots for other random ppl... It IS a MMO after all...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Opening TT's... Soloing Nirvana's... More of that stuff... TT's need 4 ppl... Nirvana's 6... Not to mention you'd still have 3 spots for other random ppl... It IS a MMO after all...

It's called friends.

1) People already open TT. They call their friends to squad with them, open TT then go solo it.

2) People already solo Nirvana. They call their friends to squad with them, open Nirvana then go solo it.

3) It's an MMO where much of the player-base has gotten greedy, self-centred and serious business and the only randoms they'll even consider squadding with are people who can solo just as well because it means they're just as heavily geared and can make it go just as fast.

The only rule change this hurts are people who actually need more than two clients to solo an instance in the first place, and guess what. Those people weren't really soloing TTs or Nirvanas to begin with. The people actually soloing those instances?
    They aren't affected at all.

Now stop talking like you understand what's actually happening here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Leoti - Heavens Tear
    Leoti - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So is there an option to make both windows stay active when covered by another? Like on JD, you can have one screen open and the other runs smoothly without getting DC. It really would be helpful in certain situations.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's called friends.

1) People already open TT. They call their friends to squad with them, open TT then go solo it.

2) People already solo Nirvana. They call their friends to squad with them, open Nirvana then go solo it.

3) It's an MMO where much of the player-base has gotten greedy, self-centred and serious business and the only randoms they'll even consider squadding with are people who can solo just as well because it means they're just as heavily geared and can make it go just as fast.

The only rule change this hurts are people who actually need more than two clients to solo an instance in the first place, and guess what. Those people weren't really soloing TTs or Nirvanas to begin with. The people actually soloing those instances?
    They aren't affected at all.

Now stop talking like you understand what's actually happening here.

Well usualy the ones that solo the entire game don't have any friends... So they actualy have to make some to continue abusing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • juanpancho
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well usualy the ones that solo the entire game don't have any friends... So they actualy have to make some to continue abusing...

If they don't have friends they will just pay cheap change to anyone nearby and continue on soloing.

Taking the reactions of people who I explicitly told I multiboxed as a sample, I dare say the numbers of people also doing it must be very low, at least on Sanctuary, as less than 10% of them even knew what it meant.

Believe me when I say the average grinder/farmer (and majority of the player base) is favored by the policie change since now they get to have a second solo-level grinder/farmer. It has nothing to do with what you are trying to define as "abuse".

I'm pretty much convinced this must be aimed at merchants since to be competitive they must at least have one buying catshop per hot spot (TT and Nirvana entrances (2), starter cities (5), quest areas (n) where DQ/mats get sold by people without inventory space, etc.) and also at least 2-3 more catshops just in West Archosaur, a couple more in the central N-S corridor and one per DQ agent to resell what they just bought.

EDIT: Obviously those 12 (minimum) catshops earn much more coin and cause much more lag than somebody farming non stop with a full 6-toon squad.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    juanpancho wrote: »
    If they don't have friends they will just pay cheap change to anyone nearby and continue on soloing.

Taking the reactions of people who I explicitly told I multiboxed as a sample, I dare say the numbers of people also doing it must be very low, at least on Sanctuary, as less than 10% of them even knew what it meant.

Believe me when I say the average grinder/farmer is favored by the policie change since now they get to have a second solo-level grinder/farmer. It has nothing to do with what you are trying to define as "abuse".

I'm pretty much convinced this must be aimed at merchants since to be competitive they must at least have one buying catshop per hot spot (TT and Nirvana entrances (2), starter cities (5), quest areas (n) where DQ/mats get sold by people without inventory space, etc.) and also at least 2-3 more catshops just in West Archosaur, a couple more in the central N-S corridor and one per DQ agent to resell what they just bought.

EDIT: Obviously those 12 (minimum) catshops earn much more coin and cause much more lag than somebody farming non stop with a full 6-toon squad.

Yeah and sadly ppl actualy fall for that since it says free money... b:surrender

Just so you know I'm pretty happy with the rule change... With the 2 clients (multi or boxing) I can also let some of my chars do stuff together... But some ppl don't understand why it's better not to have god-know-how-many clients running on all their pc's (most of the clients running are acting as mindless puppets annyway)...

Other then that I'm trying to figure out if 3 clients each person would've bin a better solution for some that are unhappy now... Since you still need others for stuff sometimes then it wouldn't make such a big impact (I'm happy with 2 though... one more and my pc will give me some smartass errors XD )... Unfortunatly no decent awnsers where given to this so I asume that even 3 isn't good enough to some...

And are you seriously telling me ppl had 12 clients running before the rule change? Where the f do they get 12 pc's? I expected that some ppl where using up to 6 but 12... Geez no wonder they changed the rule... b:shocked

@Leoti: I don't think there is yet... It would indeed come in handy if that would be possible though... But also remind that this game uses more cpu and memory then JD so if your pc is a bit older I wouldn't reccomand it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And are you seriously telling me ppl had 12 clients running before the rule change? Where the f do they get 12 pc's?

One home-built computer that's had a lot of money invested in it can easily run 12 clients at the same time with few problems, and it's cheaper than 12 separate computers. Hell, even my machine can breeze through running four or five clients of different games at the same time without much struggle.

I don't know why you're assuming that each client needs it's own computer to run; any computer not made of wood should be able to run two or three simultaneously. IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Options
    One home-built computer that's had a lot of money invested in it can easily run 12 clients at the same time with few problems, and it's cheaper than 12 separate computers. Hell, even my machine can breeze through running four or five clients of different games at the same time without much struggle.

I don't know why you're assuming that each client needs it's own computer to run; any computer not made of wood should be able to run two or three simultaneously. IJS.

Uhm... Before the rulechange multiclienting was possible but banable... To do it the legal way you had to multibox... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • juanpancho
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah and sadly ppl actualy fall for that since it says free money... b:surrender

Just so you know I'm pretty happy with the rule change... With the 2 clients (multi or boxing) I can also let some of my chars do stuff together... But some ppl don't understand why it's better not to have god-know-how-many clients running on all their pc's (most of the clients running are acting as mindless puppets annyway)...

Other then that I'm trying to figure out if 3 clients each person would've bin a better solution for some that are unhappy now... Since you still need others for stuff sometimes then it wouldn't make such a big impact (I'm happy with 2 though... one more and my pc will give me some smartass errors XD )... Unfortunatly no decent awnsers where given to this so I asume that even 3 isn't good enough to some...

And are you seriously telling me ppl had 12 clients running before the rule change? Where the f do they get 12 pc's? I expected that some ppl where using up to 6 but 12... Geez no wonder they changed the rule... b:shocked

@Leoti: I don't think there is yet... It would indeed come in handy if that would be possible though... But also remind that this game uses more cpu and memory then JD so if your pc is a bit older I wouldn't reccomand it...

I was already aware that you like the rule change, and I'm happy for you and all the people the multiclient part benefits.

What I don't like is the 2 simoultaneous accounts cap since I was playing with 3 and would like to keep doing so. I also wanted to refute the "PWI wants to **** the abusive farmers" part as my reading behind the rule is the contrary. Keep in mind that a full squad multiboxing farmer has to gear up and repair all his toons and either grind/farm x6 or charge some zen from time to time so it's good for them.

About those "scary" numbers I'll refer to two examples. I'm a developer and when I quited my office job and started to do some freelance stuff I got a second pc and eventually a third mobile one and used them for playing while not working. A cousin of mine who works as a graphics designer, animator and web programmer has 8 pc's in his home study. Two are used to actively work and the other ones to render stuff, which takes a lot of time and processing power. He doesn't play PWI, but if he did he could have 8 clients connected most of the time. Other people with other needs could have even more computers.

The thing I want to say is your reality, and mine also for that matter, is not the same as other people's and what seems excesive to some may be an occupational need with side benefits for others. Of course, this doesn't rule out some game addicted people with a fair amount of RL money who may buy cheap or even not-so-cheap pc's just to leave them running 24/7 shops.

Finally, please remember I also said very little people from the ones I talked ingame about multiboxing even knew or understood what it meant, so it's not like 50% percent of the player base may have that many computers running. However, if roughly 3% of the total of players logs an average of 10 accounts at once the overall resource consumption for PWI (both on hardware and bandwidth cost) increases by ~30%, and it's not a small game so it must be ~30% of a lot of RL $$$. I think this is what they want to cut off, and if so very rightfuly IMO. I just don't like the cap "by 1".