Multi-Clienting Rule Changes

Options

Comments

• fleen
    fleen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hey guys,

For a long long time, ever since PWI was first released in fact, we've always had the rule that you could only run one PWI client per machine.

The reasoning behind this rule was the fact that running more than one client could not be accomplished without editing the game files, and editing game files was not allowed.

This led to many players running PWI on a second or even third computer, usually to be able to run a cat shop while their main account actually played.

Some time ago, the client itself changed, and running multiple clients was possible without editing game files. For consistency's sake, we did not modify the multi-clienting rule, and what followed were a lot of questions as to its validity, now that the original reason for it no longer applied.

Well, we've talked about it, and we've come to a new set of rules for multi-clienting. It should be easier to follow, easier to enforce, and it will help level the playing field between people with one computer and people with multiple computers.

So here we go:

• You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

*Note: Excessive account creation has been and will continued to be pursued. Provided you did not abuse this before, you should have nothing to worry about.

• You may only play on two characters at the same time. They can both level up OR one can level up while the other is a vendor alt OR both can be vendor alts.

If you want to keep one leveling account and one vendor alt account, that's fine. You cannot, however, actively level two characters while having a third account to act as a shop alt. We will be actively enforcing this.

This new policy is in effect starting now, however, we will continue to refine and improve upon this, so this policy is subject to change. Read on for examples that may specifically deal with your situation.

*Example: If you're a family of 3 playing PWI, then you can have 2 accounts for each member of your family. You WILL have to prove this though if we notice any suspicious activity from your household.

*Example: You can actively have two LV 65 Barbs grinding on HT Server on the same computer, but no vendor alts online.

*Example: You (as an individual human being) cannot have 3 accounts active, it doesn't matter if you own 3 or 30 computers.

*Example: You cannot have two characters leveling at once if you also have a shop alt logged in.

Two characters maximum online at once for any situation.

Feel free to discuss your reactions to these changes, but please keep it civil.

Thanks!
    In my opinion you shouldn't allow us to play with two accounts at once, because in last week I have seen very damaging look on servers ping.
    recently it is very hard to play with this option turned on.
  • chicoluna1991
    chicoluna1991 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    if pw are with a economy broken dont is for multi client is for bad marketing packs ...Fail
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Is PK allowed on two toons at the same time?

IE
    Fishy stuns, brings Bird.
    Bird shoots person.

Both operated by same person?
    This point hasn't been made clear I guess.

If someone wants to go to all that trouble rather than asking for a factionmate or friend's help, more power to them. There is no provision for what those two accounts can be doing, as long as it is within the bounds of the ToS. Since all players have the option to perform the above action, it isn't an unfair advantage. Have fun!
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    fleen wrote: »
    In my opinion you shouldn't allow us to play with two accounts at once, because in last week I have seen very damaging look on servers ping.
    recently it is very hard to play with this option turned on.

We had no maintenance last week, thats why everyones ping is through the roof.
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Has their been any fix for multiclienting?

I have not been able to open two clients on one computer since about 1 - 2 weeks ago.

Thanks.
  • krittycat
    edited June 2011
    Options

I have not been able to open two clients on one computer since about 1 - 2 weeks ago.

Thanks.

Open the first client through the launcher. Then, go to the folder where you installed the game, and open folders until you see a folder named "element". Open that folder, and locate the "elementclient" executable. Open than up, and you should have a second client available.
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Thanks.

[yoda voice]read the topic my young padawon..the answer, within, it is [/ end Yoda voice] :D
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Open the first client through the launcher. Then, go to the folder where you installed the game, and open folders until you see a folder named "element". Open that folder, and locate the "elementclient" executable. Open than up, and you should have a second client available.

It's slightly annoying though to do so that way though /lazy b:chuckle b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazuki_chan - Archosaur
    Hazuki_chan - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Duh... this comp can't handle 2 clients... WTB better cooling thingie *........*.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    if pw are with a economy broken dont is for multi client is for bad marketing packs ...Fail

sorry have have a headache already.. anyone wanna translate this gibberish?
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    We had no maintenance last week, thats why everyones ping is through the roof.

if you say so... my ping's normal as always.... then again i live in the US.
    Duh... this comp can't handle 2 clients... WTB better cooling thingie *........*.

What's your point? oh i'm sorry you dont' have one.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    sorry have have a headache already.. anyone wanna translate this gibberish?
    liaF... skcap gnitekram dab rof si tneilc itlum rof si tnod nekorb ymonoce a htiw era wp fi

Bettur?

And before some random noob QQs at me for not speaking english, that's backwards.. DUrrrrr *....*.

I thinks they're saying they want to be fed moar packs? o.o
    edited June 2011
    Options
    if you say so... my ping's normal as always.... then again i live in the US.

What's your point? oh i'm sorry you dont' have one.
    My point is that which must not be pointed out simply because the actual point itself is way too awesome of a point for you to understand *.....*.

Say wut?
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i think your point was your pc sucks... which has nothing to do with this :p
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options

Thanks I will try this... although I never had to do this before and I could open 2 at a time with the same icon.

My computer can handle more than 2 clients... I sometimes have FW, 2 PWI clients up, and another 3rd party game up w/o lag.

Id say i have a better computer than about 95% of the population that plays PWI....thnx u very much :)~
  • krittycat
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thanks I will try this... although I never had to do this before and I could open 2 at a time with the same icon.

Yeah, apparently that option was removed unintentionally in a maintenance a few weeks back.
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah, apparently that option was removed unintentionally in a maintenance a few weeks back.

Can I be safe to say that they will readd it??
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Can I be safe to say that they will readd it??

Can't really say either way, but I'll let you know once I have more information.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Can't really say either way, but I'll let you know once I have more information.

Please do.

I don't know if its just me (or if it just happens with Windows 7/Vista) but the screenshots I take on the 2nd client (running straight from elementclient.exe and not from the launcher) don't get saved (and yes, I did run it as administrator).
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options

Thanks.
    edited June 2011
    Options

My computer can handle more than 2 clients... I sometimes have FW, 2 PWI clients up, and another 3rd party game up w/o lag.

Id say i have a better computer than about 95% of the population that plays PWI....thnx u very much :)~
    No, the comp I have been playing pwi on for the past..... almost 3 years, died a while ago lol. It needs a bunch of modifications and until then I'm stuck playing pwi from this computer (which is just junk) but, it can run the game on best performance so I don't complain *.........*.
  • SinCreeds - Harshlands
    SinCreeds - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i was Multi-Clienting but now i cant D: when i try to start a new client it opens the first one why ? :(
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    try reading >.< hell just start at page 50 should find it........... >.<
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lets changing multi client to 3 plz ._. i'll pay! (with cookies)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • backatit
    backatit Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i was Multi-Clienting but now i cant D: when i try to start a new client it opens the first one why ? :(

Go to whatever location you saved all the pwi stuff
    In my case Computer > OS (C:) > Perfect World Entertainment > Perfect World International > element > Elementclient

And TADAAA you got 2 clients b:victory
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    could try on the laptop I play on..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Dreamscape_ - Sanctuary
    Dreamscape_ - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Is it just me or is mostly everyone complaining that pwe staff are stupid? And that the dont understand certain well said perfectly clear statements... While not reading a dam thing in this whole thread..... If you're going to complain about a rule pay attention...if your going to complain about a gm being stupid then know how the company works. If your going to talk **** about there security protocols then know how they work in the first place. Im just getting annoyed at all these posts that say the same thing and have the same questions and the same flame....if you dont like it go play another f2p game...

On a side note...this move was smart. It boosts there revenue and it gives people a reason to stop trying to solo pwi..little teamwork would be nice, though it would be nice if people knew how to play there class in the first place...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This should be unstickied. Noone cares anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Arayylia - Heavens Tear
    Arayylia - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Guys it shouldnt matter if they catch you or not. you shouldnt do it. its not about if you will get caught or not. its about following the rules. js.
  • gogreenday123
    gogreenday123 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i cannot find out how u get 2 accounts at the same time even thought i read the post i really want to use double account b:faint