Options

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Run:
    c:\Program Files\PerfectWorld\element\elementclient.exe
    (or wherever you have installed perfect world to)
    In there, log in as one account.

Then run it again, log in as the other account.

It's not exactly rocket science.

You DO need to remember to run the launcher when patch day rolls around, mind you.

(Edit: I long ago stopped running the launcher except to apply patches, if for no other reaosn that to skip the annoying UAC popup.)
  • magnuson419
    magnuson419 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    mm isn't example 2, and 4 the same?
  • AscobolBeast - Sanctuary
    AscobolBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I find it more confusing that the German PWI Forum and the English one have different rules to multiclienting. And for the German server as well as the English server you can use the same clients (German or English).

see: http://pwi-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=32352
    Du darfst so viele Accounts haben wie du moechtest (You can have as many accounts as you want)

Sure, they say that you should think about it, if you really need more than 2 accounts. But there is no general restriction as here in the English forum.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I find it more confusing that the German PWI Forum and the English one have different rules to multiclienting. And for the German server as well as the English server you can use the same clients (German or English).

see: http://pwi-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=32352

Sure, they say that you should think about it, if you really need more than 2 accounts. But there is no general restriction as here in the English forum.

While they may be under the same umbrella of PWE, both groups may choose to run their games slightly differently. PWI has rules that are listed here, while PWEU has rules that are posted on their own sites.
  • Lady_EverLuv - Dreamweaver
    Lady_EverLuv - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Open the first client through the launcher. Then, go to the folder where you installed the game, and open folders until you see a folder named "element". Open that folder, and locate the "elementclient" executable. Open than up, and you should have a second client available.

I have done this numerous times, to no avail. One char is already logged in, when I log in on the elementclient it says my char is already logged in and asks me to confirm it, once i click on yes, it goes back to the logging in area. I do not know how to get around it, i have done the force log also and then my char cannot fly, cast spells etc? Help!b:thanks
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have done this numerous times, to no avail. One char is already logged in, when I log in on the elementclient it says my char is already logged in and asks me to confirm it, once i click on yes, it goes back to the logging in area. I do not know how to get around it, i have done the force log also and then my char cannot fly, cast spells etc? Help!b:thanks

Are your chars on the same account?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kokkin - Dreamweaver
    Kokkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Are your both chars in different accounts?
    This multiple-client rule is only available for chars in different accounts.. in same account it shows the message that u already have a char logged and it loggs off the 1st char u logged in (if u force the log...)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Are your both chars in different accounts?
    This multiple-client rule is only available for chars in different accounts.. in same account it shows the message that u already have a char logged and it loggs off the 1st char u logged in (if u force the log...)

b:angry Way to post the exact same thing I asked, Kokkin! Still love ya though <3 b:cute
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Lady_EverLuv - Dreamweaver
    Lady_EverLuv - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Are your chars on the same account?

Yes, and I guess that is the crux of my problem. How do I create a new account? I saw in a post that you use a different email address? Do I use the same name for both accounts with different email addresses, if that be the case?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yes, and I guess that is the crux of my problem. How do I create a new account? I saw in a post that you use a different email address? Do I use the same name for both accounts with different email addresses, if that be the case?
    Um, no.

You create. A new. Account.
    Totally new. A second person. Linked in no way to the first one, except that it happens to be the same human at the keyboard.

New email, new username, new password.
  • jarahe3
    jarahe3 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Got it, made a new account, email etc, thanks. However, on the (new account) element client I have no chars and it wants me to create? How do I get my chars on my original account to interact using the element client on same server? b:thanks
  • Egaleeyes - Raging Tide
    Egaleeyes - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hey guys,

For a long long time, ever since PWI was first released in fact, we've always had the rule that you could only run one PWI client per machine.

The reasoning behind this rule was the fact that running more than one client could not be accomplished without editing the game files, and editing game files was not allowed.

This led to many players running PWI on a second or even third computer, usually to be able to run a cat shop while their main account actually played.

Some time ago, the client itself changed, and running multiple clients was possible without editing game files. For consistency's sake, we did not modify the multi-clienting rule, and what followed were a lot of questions as to its validity, now that the original reason for it no longer applied.

Well, we've talked about it, and we've come to a new set of rules for multi-clienting. It should be easier to follow, easier to enforce, and it will help level the playing field between people with one computer and people with multiple computers.

So here we go:

• You may only have 2 accounts per person, regardless of how many computers you own.

There isn't a viable reason to create an excessive number of accounts, so any suspicious activity from now on will be fully dealt with. We aren't going to punish you for having existing accounts prior to this rule, but you can only be online on two at once at the most.

*Note: Excessive account creation has been and will continued to be pursued. Provided you did not abuse this before, you should have nothing to worry about.

• You may only play on two characters at the same time. They can both level up OR one can level up while the other is a vendor alt OR both can be vendor alts.

If you want to keep one leveling account and one vendor alt account, that's fine. You cannot, however, actively level two characters while having a third account to act as a shop alt. We will be actively enforcing this.

This new policy is in effect starting now, however, we will continue to refine and improve upon this, so this policy is subject to change. Read on for examples that may specifically deal with your situation.

*Example: If you're a family of 3 playing PWI, then you can have 2 accounts for each member of your family. You WILL have to prove this though if we notice any suspicious activity from your household.

*Example: You can actively have two LV 65 Barbs grinding on HT Server on the same computer, but no vendor alts online.

*Example: You (as an individual human being) cannot have 3 accounts active, it doesn't matter if you own 3 or 30 computers.

*Example: You cannot have two characters leveling at once if you also have a shop alt logged in.

Two characters maximum online at once for any situation.

Feel free to discuss your reactions to these changes, but please keep it civil.

Thanks!

well i have a low lvl and a high lvl and i want to get my high lvl to help him and i can't find out how to use muticlinet please i wan to use itb:irritatedb:thanks
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so my kid plays on another comp and i on another..so can she have another account running and myself can have another account running?And ip is different.

though im sure may abuse this lol.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Frosty_z - Dreamweaver
    Frosty_z - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    to use multi client go to C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element and create a shortcut to exe in that folder keep original because u need it for updates
    so my kid plays on another comp and i on another..so can she have another account running and myself can have another account running?And ip is different.

though im sure may abuse this lol.

b:victory you could always run the game on both computers at same time. multi client is when u have 2 games open on 1 computer say profile Z and profile Y Z could train and Y could train or Z could train and Y could be a cat stall or vise verse or Z and Y could both be cat stalls b:laugh

but if ur asking if u both could have 2 accounts logged in on theirs and your's then yeah

but u might have to prove that their for 2 different people like it says at bottom of the 1st post on 1st page
  • dustinashe
    dustinashe Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this sounds pretty stupid to me...

I have 3 accounts prior to this rule...my 103 barb is on one my 102 Sin is on one and my Seeker is on another and i have 2 desktops and a laptop, so now you're telling me i can get banned because i might log 3 of them on at once?

welp for the record my dad has been wanting to play the game so i'm going to let him use my seekers account, i now only have 2 accounts on one person in my household and 1 for the other person....how do i prove it to you guys?

Good point, and i agree.

I am still confused on how to start the game on same computer.
    while i have 4 pcs, i am only able to multi task 2 at a time.

edit: tried what was explained in the previous post. thanks, it worked for me.
    a friend is having trouble though. it closes the second window.

ttfn,
    DA
  • themosteliteone
    themosteliteone Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I know this has been a long time ago but I'm not active on forums haha

My only question:

What about if you go over to a friends house often and you both play PWI and Multi-client at same time, therefore 4 accounts are on at the same time at the same home???b:laugh
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well i have a low lvl and a high lvl and i want to get my high lvl to help him and i can't find out how to use muticlinet please i wan to use itb:irritatedb:thanks

Just open your Computer icon, then C-drive, perfect world, perfect world again, and find Element client, < you have to do this for multi clienting, if you open pwi twice through desktop icon it wont work, open both this way then youll have multi going.

and i hope this isnt a damn necro maybe i shoulda checked before i replied lol.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I know this has been a long time ago but I'm not active on forums haha

My only question:

What about if you go over to a friends house often and you both play PWI and Multi-client at same time, therefore 4 accounts are on at the same time at the same home???b:laugh

LOL damn you man, you made me do a necro thread b:laugh
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOL damn you man, you made me do a necro thread b:laugh

and double post lol

Its not a bad thing to keep on the first page it should honestly be moved to like a rules section of the forums that way people don't have to dig for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhylla - Harshlands
    Rhylla - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So just a practical question. The sign in page says come here for instructions on how to sign in two chars, Any help on where to locate those instructions would be welcome.. Thanks guys.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So just a practical question. The sign in page says come here for instructions on how to sign in two chars, Any help on where to locate those instructions would be welcome.. Thanks guys.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14115361&postcount=52

Also, make sure that you are using two separate login accounts. The characters cannot be on the same account, as a single account can only be logged in to one location at a time.
  • Ruyr - Raging Tide
    Ruyr - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Do i have to enable something? I've tried what my friends told me, minimize my current account, bring up the launcher and start another game, but it just brings up the current account, can i get some help?
  • Inflictia - Raging Tide
    Inflictia - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Do i have to enable something? I've tried what my friends told me, minimize my current account, bring up the launcher and start another game, but it just brings up the current account, can i get some help?

Go to your PWi Install map
    Look up the map called "element" (i guess outta my head)
    then look up the elemenclient file.
    Open that and you start a new window to log on an other account
  • Ruyr - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Go to your PWi Install map
    Look up the map called "element" (i guess outta my head)
    then look up the elemenclient file.
    Open that and you start a new window to log on an other account

ok, no idea, where the PWi Install map is, so this isnt very helpful (no offence)
  • Inflictia - Raging Tide
    Inflictia - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ok, no idea, where the PWi Install map is, so this isnt very helpful (no offence)

The location you INSTALLED PWi on your hard drive.
  • Ruyr - Raging Tide
    edited October 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14115361&postcount=52

Also, make sure that you are using two separate login accounts. The characters cannot be on the same account, as a single account can only be logged in to one location at a time.

The link here is really helpful, thanks!
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Most often it is in C/Perfect World Entertainment/Perfect World International/element. In there you use the elementclient application (I sent a shortcut of it to my desktop).

Occasionally it will choose to install at C/Games/PWE/PWI/element. Mine did that when I had to reinstall recently.

A patch not that long ago made it so that the launcher would not work to open a second game. So now you use the launcher for the first game, and you have to use the elementclient application for the second game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options

Go to wherever you open PWI from (the shortcut), right click -> properties, it says in target where you installed PWI.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The location you INSTALLED PWi on your hard drive.
    The problem is that you used the word "map" instead of the word "directory". There's no such thing as an "install map", at least in English there isn't.

Anyways, Annalyse's post should help a bit better in figuring out what to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Tassula - Sanctuary
    Tassula - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    we heve 2 compiuter. me end me brothers, we can open 2 account (4 window)?
    tyvm