[Server Issues] 3-26-2011

Options

Comments

• CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So you're saying that theres no hackers?............... no DoS attacks...........?

rofl i wouldn't be surprised one bit if ur right and PWI don't want to tell us its their fault, instead blaming it on hackers.

Or are you saying there are DoS attacks they're just somehow not attacking the server, but the network?

idk but i have a feeling that it is DoS attacks considering FW have had the same problem and so have other websites/companies recently

it could be all of the above. access attacks attack the access mechanisms by overloading them with too much information. the actual server is well below the level of attacks and is safe, but if u cant get ON the server, that is just as good as killing the actual server.
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ok so this is just awesome... yesterday while playing the game i opened my stash for level 80 got my christmas tome and then my stash box disappeared. I went ahead and got another stash thinking that maybe i dropped it on accident and nope..... opened it all the way to level 80 again and it disappeared AGAIN.

Because they end at 80 b:bye
  • Trump - Raging Tide
    Trump - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i wanna know if our accounts are at risk or not <.< would hate to get my monthly bank statements and be wiped clean.. tho i doubt its possible in this situation. But still a question worth asking b:surrender
    more questions asked-more ppl helping to solve-better community-better support...b:bye
  • Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver
    Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i wanna know if our accounts are at risk or not <.< would hate to get my monthly bank statements and be wiped clean.. tho i doubt its possible in this situation. But still a question worth asking

I've seen several posts about accounts being jacked in Tech forum, beware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Im a troll ;..;b:cute
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    Jenabug - Raging Tide Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    cya later back to game while its up. peace out
  • Trump - Raging Tide
    Trump - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hmm, another example of how pwi should give you the option of being able to delete your own account. Well all i can say is i hope i dont get my account/bank info jacked <.< for pwi sake or they might wake up with a few layer's letters in their mailbox.
    more questions asked-more ppl helping to solve-better community-better support...b:bye
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can tell the people who truly understand what a DDOS is. They are the one not blowing up. They are just **** around on the forums joking and carrying on waiting to be able toi play patiently.

That's right, and I wont blow up; until they say that they aren't going to compensate by extending 2x to a period of time I can actually fully utilize it. If they fail to do this, then watch out for a massive explode from me, and I'm sure many others...
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's right, and I wont blow up; until they say that they aren't going to compensate by extending 2x to a period of time I can actually fully utilize it. If they fail to do this, then watch out for a massive explode from me, and I'm sure many others...

They have already sent everyone E-Mails saying there will be compensation after the DDOS attack is over.

Recently Perfect World Entertainment has fallen victim to malicious internet attacks.

Due to these attacks, you may have had connection issues in-game, or loading issues with our websites. We sincerely apologize for the issue and will be compensating all of our players once these attacks have ceased and the source of the issue has been shut down.

We are working swiftly to ensure that these types of issues will not occur again in the future. We are also working with the proper authorities to ensure that the culprits are found and dealt with accordingly.

Once again, we are deeply sorry for inconveniences caused, and we will update you again once everything has been resolved.

- The PWE Team

Insidently I also receive a similar E-Mail from netflix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    _UnGodly_ - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To help those who do not know what a DDoS attack is fully. Explains a bit about it and how they attack a site or network. Enjoy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Options
    To help those who do not know what a DDoS attack is fully. Explains a bit about it and how they attack a site or network. Enjoy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Mod and players have been posting that over and over. Apparenly most here are not bothering to read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They have already sent everyone E-Mails saying there will be compensation after the DDOS attack is over.

Recently Perfect World Entertainment has fallen victim to malicious internet attacks.

Due to these attacks, you may have had connection issues in-game, or loading issues with our websites. We sincerely apologize for the issue and will be compensating all of our players once these attacks have ceased and the source of the issue has been shut down.

We are working swiftly to ensure that these types of issues will not occur again in the future. We are also working with the proper authorities to ensure that the culprits are found and dealt with accordingly.

Once again, we are deeply sorry for inconveniences caused, and we will update you again once everything has been resolved.

- The PWE Team

Oh ok sweet, I haven't received such an email yet... Thanks fer lettin me know :D
  • Archiron - Dreamweaver
    Archiron - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

- The PWE Team

I have received no such email from anything..Odd.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know you two probably already have but I'm still gonna say it for GP. Make sure you cheak the E-mail registered with PW. One way I found out how to know what E-mail you used is go to submit a ticket. On the form for the ticket it shows your Email address.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    _UnGodly_ - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mod and players have been posting that over and over. Apparenly most here are not bothering to read it.

Sorry, I read through about 8 pages and just skipped to the last page.b:surrender
    I like the last part of the Wiki link :

In the Police and Justice Act 2006, the United Kingdom specifically outlawed denial-of-service attacks and set a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison.

In the US, there can be a serious federal crime under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act with penalties that include years of imprisonment.

Many other countries have similar laws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I know you two probably already have but I'm still gonna say it for GP. Make sure you cheak the E-mail registered with PW. One way I found out how to know what E-mail you used is go to submit a ticket. On the form for the ticket it shows your Email address.

i checked my email i didnt recieve the email either. and yes i checked the right one i also checked my alt account just to be sure and didnt recieve one on that one either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i checked my email i didnt recieve the email either. and yes i checked the right one i also checked my alt account just to be sure and didnt recieve one on that one either.

Why did I get one? I just cheaked the addy yep it's from PW unless someone highjacked their email address.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archiron - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options

I check both my emails a couple of times a day, one of which being the one this acc is registered to. I havn't received anything from PWI other then my ticket about not being able to redeem the 2009 anniversary mount on archiron.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea, I've known their email to be funky

One alt that I hardly play any more got an email about "why did I quit" LMAO

Well an alt that I actually did quit, never got this same email

:))
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yea, I've known their email to be funky

One alt that I hardly play any more got an email about "why did I quit" LMAO

Well an alt that I actually did quit, never got this same email

:))

I never recieved this e-mail either. However, a few friends of mine did. I think it was a hacker personating the pwi email address to get users to open it. But as I'm sure with other games, things like this do happen.
  • FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary
    FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes! It was a hacker cause you know...PWE doesnt have A MILLION email addresses to send a email to...

remember the free fashion think about that?

email is the same thhing for PWE if u havent gotten a email you most likely will in the coming hours/days

/rant of the stupid people saying OMG hacker i has not got that email
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I never recieved this e-mail either. However, a few friends of mine did. I think it was a hacker personating the pwi email address to get users to open it. But as I'm sure with other games, things like this do happen.

When you impersonate the address there is always atleast 1 letter replaced or something. I compaired the email to my other emails from PW. My beta key emails my zen purchase emails. The addresses are all the same and the stuff thats always in the email is the same.
    Yes! It was a hacker cause you know...PWE doesnt have A MILLION email addresses to send a email to...

email is the same thhing for PWE if u havent gotten a email you most likely will in the coming hours/days

I know it's real. I confirmed it. Force of habbit. You would be amazed how many fake emails I get from supposed companies. My favorite is the bank of america one saying I need to verify my bank account number because my account was compromized. LOL I don't even do business with bank of america. They arent within 50 miles of me. Lol I even get them supposivly from discover card which I don't have lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options

rant of trolls..

lets be honest if this email was a myth >.> than why do ppl post they have gotten it, that would be a waste of typing a insignificant post.
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    When you impersonate the address there is always atleast 1 letter replaced or something. I compaired the email to my other emails from PW. My beta key emails my zen purchase emails. The addresses are all the same and the stuff thats always in the email is the same.

I agree Tigriss, all the e-mails I've received from zen purchase, and my other e-mails, match. But I can't help but ponder if there if that myth e-mail exists, because I have yet to recieve one.
  • FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary
    FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    rant of trolls..

lets be honest if this email was a myth >.> than why do ppl post they have gotten it, that would be a waste of typing a insignificant post.

Says person that said OMG hacker I dont have that email so It HAS TO be a hacker b:laugh

Easy to tell a fake email

Usually it wont have the @Perfectworld.com it will have @yahoo @gmail @aim

Like I had a email taht said my tuition was late Tennessee Tech Offices but didnt have the @TTu.edu domain. SOOO I ignored it and deleted it
  • Archiron - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, after a long day of sitting here and entertaining, It is time for me to sleep. I will see you all tomorrow, hopefully without lag and not on a time-killer forum thread.

Until then...

This is Arch-bot 2.5 at Archirons Unphoney News service! Your number one spot for all the hottest news about the wraiths DDoSing us, Signing off!. Good night, and godspeed XD

(Btw this is just a joke news thing GM's, dun't hurt meh >.<)
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Says person that said OMG hacker I dont have that email so It HAS TO be a hacker b:laugh

Lolz XDb:laugh
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, after a long day of sitting here and entertaining, It is time for me to sleep. I will see you all tomorrow, hopefully without lag and not on a time-killer forum thread.

Until then...

This is Arch-bot 2.5 at Archirons Unphoney News service! Your number one spot for all the hottest news about the wraiths DDoSing us, Signing off!. Good night, and godspeed XD

Thank you for the top story today. Was fun to read. :D
    edited March 2011
    Options

Until then...

Nite nite arch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So we get a longer time with x2 and stuff i hope
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jenabug - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So we get a longer time with x2 and stuff i hope

Hoping the same. If we do, Ima def get some hypers, and hit FC.